Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

Hello dear @Alice Mendoza chingu, I am so glad to see you here!! :) 

He he he.... I am a bit upset that this thread doesn't have many pages even though the series is one of a kind!!! :huh: Namgoong min really nailed this series from the very beginning to the very end! I am so impressed by his acting as Na Yi Jae here! :heart: You definitely must watch this chingu... You'll be blown away by this handsome guy! OMO, does he normally wear glasses..??! Looking so cute! :D

And I seriously enjoyed every bit of this drama! I never had a boring moment with anyone! The cast is excellent & each member had a bid role in the plot!! :blush: I really like this drama a lot dear!! I can't wait to hear your reviews on this one!!!

See you soon.... :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min Clarifies Reports About His Gifts To “Doctor Prisoner” Staff Members

by Y. Shin

1aafe0430e9f4feb8ece9bbac2424406.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min has cleared up rumors regarding his recent gift to staff members of KBS’s hit drama “Doctor Prisoner.”

On the May 17 broadcast KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly,” the program visited the show’s finale party and told Namgoong Min, “We’re hearing about a really lovely announcement right now.” On May 15, it was revealed that Namgoong Min would be covering the travel expenses of his and the “Doctor Prisoner” staff members’ vacation trip to Hawaii with his own money.

Upon hearing the reporter’s words, Namgoong Min was taken aback and nervously replied, “I don’t know who wrote that article.” He then explained, “I only took 10 of my staff members. If I took all of the staff members, it would have cost at least 300 million won [approximately $250,000].”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325202wpp/namgoong-min-clarifies-reports-about-his-gifts-to-doctor-prisoner-staff-members

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, gm4queen said:

Hello dear @Alice Mendoza chingu, I am so glad to see you here!! :) 

He he he.... I am a bit upset that this thread doesn't have many pages even though the series is one of a kind!!! :huh: Namgoong min really nailed this series from the very beginning to the very end! I am so impressed by his acting as Na Yi Jae here! :heart: You definitely must watch this chingu... You'll be blown away by this handsome guy! OMO, does he normally wear glasses..??! Looking so cute! :D

And I seriously enjoyed every bit of this drama! I never had a boring moment with anyone! The cast is excellent & each member had a bid role in the plot!! :blush: I really like this drama a lot dear!! I can't wait to hear your reviews on this one!!!

See you soon.... :)

yeahh he normally wear glasses sometimes :D he also has been wearing glasses since young but got LASEK surgery few years after his debut.

I am also enjoying this drama to the fullest, all the cast was amazing and really admiring anti-hero character that Namgoong Min bring in flawlesslyyy:wub::rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Marathoned this drama over the past couple of days.  I have to say that it was a pleasant change to see Namgoong Min in a different role--other the silly lead male.  However, I have to say that the drama is over the top and every "doctor" in this drama should have their license revoked. They exploited their knowledge of medicine for their own selfish needs whether it was for greed or revenge. The drama needed some balance.....a reality check now and then.

Side note:  It was interesting to see the use of oversized SUVs.  I think this is a first for me in my k-drama watching.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min Reveals Thoughts On Potential 2nd Season Of “Doctor Prisoner”

by R. Jun
8f3370feec504e18971b4d64d3d586df.jpeg?s=

After the success of his recent drama “Doctor Prisoner,” which concluded with finale ratings of 15.8 percent, Namgoong Min talked about demands for a second season.

He said, “There were a lot of requests for a second season after ‘Chief Kim,’ and this time as well, a lot of people have said the subject matter is great. I was the lead of the drama and I feel positive [about a second season] after wrapping on a good note, but it’s really complicated with financial matters and the production company and broadcast station.”

Namgoong Min said that if they do end up moving forward with a second season, he can’t sign on without seeing the script first.

“I absolutely have to see if the setup of the story is enough to carry through 16 episodes, and whether it’s as fleshed out or more so than the first season.”

The actor said his decision to join a project isn’t character-driven. “Even now, after seeing a script, I don’t think, ‘I’ve done this kind of character before, so next time I’ll play someone nice.’ Rather, if the script is fun and well-done, I’ll do any character. If the script feels incomplete, I think the decision not to do it is like a promise with the 100 [staff] members.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326358wpp/namgoong-min-reveals-thoughts-on-potential-2nd-season-of-doctor-prisoner
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

are they planning to release the soundtracks? i saw the ones with vocals but what about the background music tracks? they were amazing

• Like 1

Amazing drama where the medical system is run by what is akin to chaebol cartels... What is even better is that it has palpable Count of Monte Cristo vibes as we witness NYJ deal with his opponents one at a time blindsiding them to his true purpose at every turn. The result is a different and thrilling spin on the well-worn medical genre.

Of course Namgoong Min is absolutely perfect for the part as the medic who straddles between the light and the dark while attempting to hold on to his humanity. The little gestures... the rub around the temples for instance... the micro-expressions like his signature smirks are all part of the arsenal of the man whose ways are unpredictable and inscrutable to those around him. The innocent "Who me?" looks... as he plays cat and mouse with his opponents. Hahaha... Yeah... NGM is wonderful and never overplays it. But it's always clear when the Good Doc really cares.

He is ably supported by a cast veterans and young ones alike. Always good to see so many familiar faces.

It's odd but I don't know why I've never noticed it before but with this hairstyle in particular he looks like he could be Jung Kyung Ho's long lost brother. They're both such versatile actors and I would love to see them in a drama together. 

My new Nirvana in Fire.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore, but I only recently finished watching Doctor Prisoner and thought I should write something here. If I have to describe my experience with this drama in one sentence, it'll be: Came for Namkoong Min, stayed for Choi Won-young (and the plot, of course). I've become a fan of CWY from this drama, and it kinda saddens me that barely anyone in this thread mentioned how good he was in the role of LJJ. He's one of the very, very few drama villains that have ever actually creeped me out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, luvabe said:

Not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore, but I only recently finished watching Doctor Prisoner and thought I should write something here. If I have to describe my experience with this drama in one sentence, it'll be: Came for Namkoong Min, stayed for Choi Won-young (and the plot, of course). I've become a fan of CWY from this drama, and it kinda saddens me that barely anyone in this thread mentioned how good he was in the role of LJJ. He's one of the very, very few drama villains that have ever actually creeped me out.

CWY is very well-known for playing psychopathic villains so that may be the reason why he's not singled out for mention here. But you're right, he did put in a fine performance here as LJJ as he does in every thing he's in.

My first notable encounter of CWY was in I Remember You (aka Monster). If you haven't seen it already, you should take a look at it because it's an excellent drama. One of Park Bo Geum's early outings before he became really famous. Still my favourite thing of his.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

CWY is very well-known for playing psychopathic villains so that may be the reason why he's not singled out for mention here. But you're right, he did put in a fine performance here as LJJ as he does in every thing he's in.

My first notable encounter of CWY was in I Remember You (aka Monster). If you haven't seen it already, you should take a look at it because it's an excellent drama. One of Park Bo Geum's early outings before he became really famous. Still my favourite thing of his.

Yeah I know he's famous for playing that kind of role, and I did check out I Remember You after I finished Doctor Prisoner :) I still think he's underrated tho (not to mention he's quite easy on the eyes as well). He can play a variety of roles - his ridiculously hilarious acting in A Hundred Year Legacy was the best thing about that drama lol. I really hope he wins something at the KBS Drama Awards this year.

• Like 3

This is clearly one of the year's best K dramas and props has to be given to the writer for effectively weaving such an intricate plot and to the PD for its episode by episode edge-of-the-seat execution. It's always a pleasure to tune in for a drama whereby intelligent people on different sides of the fence are actively trying to outdo each other at every turn.

At the end of the day it is hard to say who was the more terrifying and chilling figure... the antihero doctor who outwitted and outclassed everyone or the psychopathic chaebol heir who used his vast financial power to control his willing and unwilling minions, and have them dancing to his tune. For me the good doctor shows his dark edges almost as much as the villain knowing that in order to win the game, he has to play it well. And he plays it like a pro, like a chess player or a battle strategist, two, three... five steps of everyone else with his eye always on the biggest fish of them all.

NGM bringing his own flair to this, is pitch-perfect as the doctor who may or may not be creating havoc on the wealthy and privileged purely for revenge. But as the story progresses, it's clear that he has a much larger agenda. One thing that can be said of NYJ is that he is willing to work with anyone and at any given time to take himself one step closer to the endgame. I think that's one of the more realistic aspects of the show that was played out consistently... a man with a mission such as his is seldom has friends but only allies. The philosophy of "my enemy's enemy is my friend" was certainly strongly at play here.

The biggest surprise for me was LJH's arc. He went from being the bratty overindulged chaebol heir to the maturing manchild who understood what he had to do to achieve the ultimate goal. Watching him first being used as comic relief, seeing him sweltering in purgatory, becoming a willing NYJ minion, nearly killing himself so as to gain a stay of execution to get out of jail was one of the highlights. He came face to face with himself and then to his senses... is growth arc was unexpected and heartening. Although it's difficult to say how long that would last now that he is back in the heady world of chaebol privilege.

Another pleasant surprise was the adorable budding romance between Prosecutor Eun and Ms Oh. They were downright cheek-pinching cute. I loved the quirkiness of them (so nice to see mature people get to enjoy a romance in a drama) and Prosecutor Eun's horrified but later pleased reactions to Ms Oh's public displays of affection. There was a hilarious scene of the two of them locked in embrace when the assistant prosecutor walks in. The poor man didn't know where to look! 

This drama was definitely something special. A gem. Casting was spot-on from the most experienced of the veterans down to the up and coming. The female characters were also well-written and well utilized even if they didn't have a huge role as the big three -- NYJ, SMS and LJJ. It's one of those drama events that everything came together well, people acted intelligently and the writer didn't resort to dumbing people down to get things to happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1