[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

Wow! Significant increase in the rating :wub:

I love how they build the tension in Ep 1 & 2, good start for the drama

it's funny how the female prisoner successfully damaged her own body, I don't think she will live long :lol:

that arrogant chaebol, grrrr... but I'm sure the older brother is more cunning and cruel

I miss Liver Or Die, so hoping this drama would be able to hook me too till it ends

Hwaiting to the drama! :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Started to watching it a week ago and i'm feeling like i'm addicted. Used to work at ...... and the professional side of the healthcare looks very authentic and chemistry between characters looks so promising. I wish they just don't lose  the temper and will be able to keep the quality as well. Best medical show for today.  

Edited by triplem
No commercial links allowed .
  • Like 4

“Doctor Prisoner” Sees Significant Jump In Ratings On Day 2

by R. Jun

2bf2db33191346dca359f4c61e2f7c05.jpeg?s=

Following its premiere on March 20, KBS 2TV’s “Doctor Prisoner” has already seen a significant increase in ratings for day two.

Starring Namgoong Min, Hello Venus’s NaraKim Byung Chul, and Choi Won Young, “Doctor Prisoner” is a medical suspense series about a genius doctor who becomes the medical director at a prison.

Episodes three and four, aired on Thursday, achieved viewership ratings of 12.2 and 14.1 percent. This is roughly a four-point increase from the premiere ratings for the drama, which were 8.4 and 9.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311888wpp/doctor-prisoner-sees-significant-jump-in-ratings-on-day-2
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

I have problems seeing doctors not wearing gloves when there's blood everywhere and they look too clean when doing the operation. Realistic? Apart from that,  i like the cast and first week episodes. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, evie7 said:

I love it. The last drama that had me so into it after the first episode like this was Money Flower, so I pray writer-nim and pd-nim can keep this up

@evie7,feel the same... Same intensity I felt in Money Flower...  I too, hope they keep it up.

From Press Conf.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[Doctor Prisoner] PILOT Eps 1 & 2 spoilers, Nam Goong Min vs Park Eun Seok & Kim Jung Nan

doctor.png

Article: Naver 'Doctor Prisoner' Nam Goong Min vs Park Eun Seok... begin their ill-fate..  

1. [+1044,-14]
To think a good quality drama would come out of KBS. ㅋㅋㅋ Nam Goong Min is insane. His acting is so good. ㅋㅋ 

2. [+452,-5]
The Nam Goong Min, Kim Byung Chul, Choi Won Young combination. I really like it. 

3. [+321,-11]
Nam Goong Min! This is interesting. I think this will rank first among Wednesdays and Thursdays dramas. 

4. [+227,-2]
Ah, that villain character is really off-putting. 

5. [+102,-9]
The best drama that Nam Goong Min has done is? 
- [+271,-1]
Chief Kim!
- [+174,-1]
Remember. 
- [+169,-1]
Can You Hear My Heart?

6. [+76,-1]
The hearing impaired couple is so pitiful. I hope they keep up with the tension and how interesting it is till the end~~ It's so fun. 

7. [+69,-1]
That villain who looks like Seol Min Seok is really good at acting. He did well as an off-putting person. I get so angry every time I see him!

8. [+65,-1]
Nam Goong Min and Park Eun Seok's acting skills are insane. They only appeared for a bit, but Choi Won Young and Kim Byung Chul's charisma ㅎㄷㄷ I didn't have expectations when I watched it but it's interesting. 

9. [+62,-0]
The drama is daebak. I was turning the channel and saw Kim Jung Nan so I kept watching... Nam Goong Min's acting is really good. The immersion is good too. 

10. [+52,-1]
Actor Park Eun Seok did well as an off-putting character with his acting. I know that he's acting, but I just kept cursing whenever I see him. 

Spoiler

prisoner.png

Article: Naver 'Doctor Prisoner' Kim Jung Nan gets released from prison through Nam Goong Min's help 

1. [+120,-0]
As expected, Kim Jung Nan's acting skills are the best. 

2. [+36,-2]
The immersion is the best. As expected of believing and watching Nam Goong Min's work. 

3. [+26,-0]
I like that I get to see Kim Jung Nan-ssi here. 

4. [+6,-1]
It's fun, but it's too dark and heavy. 

5. [+4,-0]
I hope Kim Jung Nan appears for a long time this time. 

6. [+4,-0]
Everyone's so good at acting! This is so interesting^^

7. [+3,-0]
Kim Jung Nan-nim's acting skills are good. I hope she survives till the end in this drama.

prisoner.png

[Doctor Prisoner] Eps 3 & 4 spoilers, Nam Goong Min vs Kim Byung Chul

Article: Naver 'Doctor Prisoner' "The new king in this territory is" Nam Goong Min vs Kim Byung Chul, close confrontation 

1. [+682,-16]
Nam Goong Min vs Kim Byung Chul, intense psychological fights, close confrontations.. Can they be this interesting? This is so interesting. There's nothing Na Yi Je doesn't know. He's like a genius. 

2. [+568,-11]
To think a drama like this is produced by KBS. How surprising. This is fun. 

3. [+464,-13]
Nam Goong Min is good too, but Pa Gook-ssi/Kim Byung Chul changes his face according to his characters. He's a real actor... When he's not acting, he looks innocent, but when someone shouts "Cue~", he changes immediately. That kind of actor. 

4. [+364,-6]
Is this really done by KBS? The development is thrilling... It has the same feel as the drama Ji Sung appeared in before... Anyway, it's interesting. 

5. [+201,-8]
SKY Prisoner is so fun. 

6. [+139,-4]
Everyone~ Kim Jung Nan saved this drama from the first episode. 

7. [+105,-8]
It feels like a movie... The opening goddess Kim Jung Nan opened the doors really well. I'll believe in Nam Goong Min, Kim Byung Chul and Choi Won Young. And the rookie(?) Park Eun Seok's acting is good. I look forward to the next episode. 

8. [+81,-2]
Is Kim Jung Nan not appearing anymore? Is she leaving after giving viewers a deep impression on the first episode like SKY Castle? I hope she keeps coming out~~

9. [+74,-5]
This is why acting should be done by actors... The immersion is the best. 

10. [+69,-1]
Professor Cha failed to send his twins to medical school, so he went there himself.. 

cr

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Namgoong Min And Kim Byung Chul Have A Leisurely Yet Tense Chat In “Doctor Prisoner”

by K. Lew
ab437128a75d4f4e994a087cda9bdb80.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min And Kim Byung Chul’s intense conversation is layered with their casual attitude in “Doctor Prisoner.”

“Doctor Prisoner” is about a skilled doctor who is forced to resign from his position from a hospital and takes a job at the medical ward of a prison in order to forge connections with the powerful, wealthy prisoners to enact his revenge.

In the released photos, Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul have a chat surrounded by the quiet calm of an arboretum. Kim Byung Chul appears to be carefree and aloof, even giving a small smile, while Namgoong Min is tense and doesn’t let his guard down. The peace around them is broken when Namgoong Min confronts him, and both their stances change to a more guarded attitude.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1312651wpp/namgoong-min-and-kim-byung-chul-have-a-leisurely-yet-tense-chat-in-doctor-prisoner
  • Like 5

I watched 1-2 episodes for 30 minutes. Beautiful dorama. KBS tried! It is even surprising that such a powerful drama was filmed on such a channel.
All the series sat on pins and needles. Very exciting and nervous.:dizzy:
Chebolya is ready to kill her own hands! Rather, torture .... long and painful.
Very sorry for the dead family ... but it was immediately clear that they would not survive. But still, she hoped to the last that she would save someone.:tears::tears:
And the story of the prisoner was shocked. Well, it was necessary so methodically to destroy your body ...
And the ending is WOW! It is interesting that the doctor injected the chebol and what will he do with it now?:scream:

• Like 4

Namgoong Min Is Unexpectedly Handcuffed And Detained In “Doctor Prisoner”

by sala12
a0f774bb6f9c4bf8b27152a42f9af7a1.jpeg?s=

Ahead of the March 27 broadcast for “Doctor Prisoner,” KBS2 released stills of Namgoong Min in handcuffs and being detained, sparking curiosity among the viewers.

“Doctor Prisoner” is about a skilled doctor who is forced to resign from his position at a hospital and takes a job at the medical ward of a prison in order to forge connections with the powerful, wealthy prisoners and enact his revenge.

In the released stills, Na Yi Jae (played by Namgoong Min) is handcuffed and led inside the prison by the prison wardens and undercover detectives. Na Yi Jae appears devastated and resigned to his fate, and Sun Min Sik (played by Kim Byung Chul) boldly passes by in the background.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1313245wpp/namgoong-min-is-unexpectedly-handcuffed-and-detained-in-doctor-prisoner

[HanCinema's News] "Doctor Prisoner" Tops Nielsen Report for Most Influential Television Programs

by William Schwartz on 2019/03/26 at 19:58 PST

fullsizephoto1046815.jpg

On March 26th, CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea released their most recent report for most influential television programs. "Doctor Prisoner" topped the list at number one, followed by variety show "I Live Alone" at number two.

The high ranking of "I Live Alone" is likely due to the controversy surrounding Cha Tae-hyun and the ensuing ambiguity about the program's future. Otherwise, the list is dominated by dramas. "The Fiery Priest" is at number three, "Spring Turns to Spring" is at number four, "Touch Your Heart" is at number five, and "Mother of Mine" is at number six.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-doctor-prisoner-tops-nielsen-report-for-most-influential-television-programs-127998.html

• Like 5

I looked at the second series. It turned out to be not as dramatic and frightening as the first, but it still kept the attention constantly. All the time I wanted to know what would happen next.

The beginning of the series is a real masterpiece! Like a hero, a chaebol said on the operating table: "I changed my mind about saving you! Die!" :glasses:

And then, in prison ... how he behaved, as if he had become a king! And he said that he would treat prisoners only in the way they deserve it - depending on their crime ...

And the box with the documents amused. The director dropped his jaw, thought there was money, but no! Bummer!:joy:

• Like 4