[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

Kim Byung Chul Is A Powerful Doctor In Upcoming Drama “Doctor Prisoner”

by Y. Shin
6ba6f8709699409da2a3ec3020893a6c.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Doctor Prisoner” has released new stills!

“Doctor Prisoner” is a medical suspense drama about a brilliant surgeon who is driven out of his job at a large hospital and ends up becoming the medical director of a prison. Namgoong Min will take on the leading role of Dr. Nah Yi Jae, who aims to rid society of its evil individuals. Kim Byung Chul will play the “King of Prison” Sun Min Sik, a medical director at West Seoul Prison.

In the released stills, Kim Byung Chul commands the prison staff with his charismatic leadership skills. He proves his “King of Prison” nickname with his stern gaze and undisturbed attitude that leads the correctional officers with ease.

The fact that he’s able to pressure the correctional officers guarding a sickroom is testament to Sun Min Sik’s power. He is not a mere doctor—he holds the number one rank at the prison.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307102wpp/kim-byung-chul-is-a-powerful-doctor-in-upcoming-drama-doctor-prisoner

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jongski said:

@larus or anybody. Is this gonna be  a prison drama but main characters are doctors not prisoners? I mean I don't  wanna see entire drama and all eps and  scenes just inside prisons. But that's just me.

Yes, the main actors are not prisoners. They are doctors at the prison or at the large hospital where the hero previous worked. I think a big part of this show will be in the prison but they will show the life outside prison as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just dropping by to say hello here but the thread looks a bit quiet...... 

Anyway, time travels fast & we only have 2 weeks till the premiere! And I kind of agree with @jongski hoping that we will get scenes not only inside prisons & hospitals but also in day-to-day life! But since the main plot is all about a skilled hospital doc who becomes a doc inside a prison, we have to expect the dark as majority.... Basically I think Namgoong Min has chosen a strong plot this time compared to his last rom-com. And I hope his fans will love his new drama here! :wub:

Calling  @Alice Mendoza @Lawyerh & @phoenix24 chingus in to visit here.... And dear @triplem chingu, aren't you planning to watch this Namgoong Min drama..??! :) It looks intense...!

And keep updating, dear @larus as always...... :) And forgive me for posting an article about the new trailer here!! The plot is really interesting... :w00t:

137343bdc087487d843641d363c012d8.jpeg?s=

https://kdramakisses.com/2019/03/02/nam-goong-min-is-out-for-revenge-in-first-trailer-for-doctor-prisoner/

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Just dropping by to say hello here but the thread looks a bit quiet...... 

Anyway, time travels fast & we only have 2 weeks till the premiere! And I kind of agree with @jongski hoping that we will get scenes not only inside prisons & hospitals but also in day-to-day life! But since the main plot is all about a skilled hospital doc who becomes a doc inside a prison, we have to expect the dark as majority.... Basically I think Namgoong Min has chosen a strong plot this time compared to his last rom-com. And I hope his fans will love his new drama here! :wub:

Calling  @Alice Mendoza @Lawyerh & @phoenix24 chingus in to visit here.... And dear @triplem chingu, aren't you planning to watch this Namgoong Min drama..??! :) It looks intense...!

And keep updating, dear @larus as always...... :) And forgive me for posting an article about the new trailer here!! The plot is really interesting... :w00t:

Thanks chingu.  Does look interesting and I do like the actor.  Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Actor Kang Hong Suk who has acted as a supporting secretary role in TVN ' What's Wrong With Secretary Kim ' challenge KBS 2TV's new drama 'Doctor Prisoner' as the first villain.

20190307140258147820_0_710_490.jpg

Kang Hong-seok is a character opposite to Kim Sang-chun (Kang Shin-il), the king of the inmates who control the prison in Pa Bossro in Garibong-dong. Kang Hong-suk is a person whose goal is to evolve into a legitimate business case.

https://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5114994

Stills

2019030710011948625-540x720.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1671193

• Like 3

“Doctor Prisoner” Starring Namgoong Min And Hello Venus’s Nara Sets Tone With Dark New Posters

by R. Jun
e41427217f7d4e13a63b1ddbb93c4471.jpeg?s=

With two weeks remaining until the premiere of the K-drama “Doctor Prisoner,” KBS has released two new posters.

Actor Namgoong Min, the star of the drama, plays Na Yi Jae, a genius doctor who becomes the medical director of a prison after being driven out of his position at a major hospital. In the first poster, Namgoong Min faces off against Kim Byung Chul, whose character is nicknamed the “King of Prison.” Stretching out behind the actors is a hallway of the prison, which is a mess and appears to be in the aftermath of a riot.

doctor-prisoner-2-540x810.jpg

The second poster, featuring Namgoong Min and Hello Venus’s Nara, holds an air of mystery with the superposed operating room and prison cell. The copy next to Namgoong Min reads, “If you’re curious, why don’t you join me?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308666wpp/doctor-prisoner-sets-tone-with-dark-new-posters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

March 8 2019

Teaser posters and teaser trailer #2 for KBS2 drama series “Doctor Prisoner”

Doctor_Prisoner-p2.jpg

Here’s two main posters and teaser trailer #2 added for upcoming KBS2 drama series “Doctor Prisoner” starring Namgung Min and Kwon Na-Ra (HELLOVENUS). The main poster above is of Namgung Min, Kwon Na-Ra, Kim Byung-Chul and Choi Won-Young. The poster below features Namgung Min and Kwon Na-Ra and the caption on the poster asks in Korean “If you are curious … then join?

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-posters-and-teaser-trailer-2-for-kbs2-drama-series-doctor-prisoner

• Like 3

Namgoong Min and Kim Byung-chul go head-to-head in new promo for Doctor Prisoner

2019030901000591600043052_20190308085507

KBS medical suspense drama Doctor Prisoner has released new posters and a new teaser featuring Namgoong Min (Handsome Guy and Jung-eum), Kwon Nara (Your Honor), Choi Won-young (SKY Castle), and Kim Byung-chul (SKY Castle).

At the center of the story is brilliant doctor Na Yi-jae (played by Namgoong Min). After being ousted from his respected hospital position, he changes course to work at a corrections facility as chief of the medical ward. But his attempt to start over quickly leads to an intra-facility war for power, which becomes a matter of life and death for those within the prison walls.

Read full article on Dramabeans

• Like 3

Really looking forward to this drama! I think it will be creepy and interesting ... Especially because there is such a wonderful cast. :thumbsup:

But on a teaser, I did not understand, is this a male prison or a female one? Because it showed both a female prisoner and men ... Confused!:blink:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

But on a teaser, I did not understand, is this a male prison or a female one? Because it showed both a female prisoner and men ... Confused

I saw that too.

• Like 3

Hello Venus’s Nara Portrays Her Warm But Stoic Character For “Doctor Prisoner”

by J. Lim
06f300db81dc468ab03d8d38f2a3f714.jpeg?s=

KBS’s upcoming drama “Doctor Prisoner” has shared new stills showing insight into Hello Venus’s Nara’s role as psychiatrist Han So Geum.

“Doctor Prisoner” is a suspense drama about the genius doctor Nah Yi Jae (Namgoong Min) who goes to work at a prison after being expelled from a major hospital. Unlike him, Han So Geum is at the prison to volunteer her medical services, but the exact reason why she chose to be at a prison is still unclear.

The new stills show a glimpse into the complicated character Nara will play as Han So Geum, with each photo giving potential clues as to what will come her way. She appears soft and caring at times, but at other times, as a sharp and resolute look in her way, piquing people’s interest at what dark shadow lies in wait behind her.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1309244wpp/hello-venuss-nara-is-warm-but-stoic-in-new-stills-for-doctor-prisoner
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

bd40cb32e0044b6b9a19f80904c7baba.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min And Kim Byung Chul Have An Intense Rivalry For “Doctor Prisoner”

Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul are ready to tear each other apart for “Doctor Prisoner.”

“Doctor Prisoner” is about a doctor who is forced to resign from his position in a hospital due to untrue allegations. He decides to work in the medical ward of a prison in order to gain connections with criminals and bigwigs, in order to exact his revenge.

Namgoong Min plays Na Yi Je, a genius doctor who was ousted from Tae Kang Hospital and ends up applying for the position of the head of the infirmary at a prison. Kim Byung Chul is Seon Min Sik, the current head of the infirmary who opposes Na Yi Je. Choi Won Young plays Lee Jae Joon, the first in line to succeed Tae Kang Group.

In the first set of photos, Namgoong Min is immersed into his role as a surgeon. He quickly yet thoroughly scans the patient before the surgery, and begins to cut. He works swiftly and coordinates perfectly with the nurses, absorbed in the surgery. However, one odd touch is that his scrub cap reads “Ha Eun Hospital,” not “Tae Kang Hospital,” meaning he is not operating at his place of work. Kim Byung Chul looks enraged and wary as he watches him operate.

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min-Kim-Byung-Chul-1.jpg

It was reported that before filming this scene, Namgoong Min consulted with a real surgery department, and learned the angle which to cut into a dummy with a scalpel as well as how to suture. When filming began, the surgery consultant praised the actor saying, “It feels like I’m really watching a surgery.”

In the second set of photos, the three meet for the first time. They all wear suits and their attitudes show that this meeting is important, as though they are making some kind of big business deal. Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul sit across from each other, with Choi Won Young sitting at the head of the table, indicating their rank.

Choi Won Young exudes a charisma, gazing at the others as though he could see all their secrets, while Namgoong Min gives a carefree smile. On the other hand, Kim Byung Chul’s looks unhappy, as though things are not going his way. Namgoong Min also gives a very deep bow while shaking hands with Choi Won Young.

Spoiler

Kim-Byung-Chul-Namgoong-Min-Choi-Won-You

The production staff stated, “With this three-party meeting, the intense battle between Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul escalates to another level. Choi Won Young will act as a kind of dealmaker between the two. Please look forward to the first episode where the three actors’ passionate acting will sweep through the drama.”

“Doctor Prisoner” will air its first episode on March 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out a teaser here!

source: Soompi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Namgoong Min Posts "Doctor Prisoner" Image

photo1042433.jpg

On March 13th, Namgoong Min posted a picture on his Instagram. In it, he has a downcast, moody expression, is wearing a suit, and is surrounding by moody, ambient red light. The picture was taken during the filming of "Doctor Prisoner".

"Doctor Prisoner" is an upcoming drama about an ace doctor who takes a job in a prison. The image gives a strong hint as to the drama's likely tone. The down cast shadows suggest something dark and ominous.

"Doctor Prisoner" will start on March 20th after the end of "Liver or Die" on KBS2. It will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays after that point.

source*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1