[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem , @ktcjdrama @Lawyerh @sadthe1st  I watch hundreds BTS kiss , him wipes her lips with his hand it’s the first for me :joy: I  Couldn’t see their lips but what he wiping exactly :tounge_wink:

OMG! @Ameera Ali you are so funny! The gifs and the single liners!

Thank you... this drama series needs someone who lightens up everything :)

i have enjoyed ur and @Lawyerh 's dialogue and fangirling! (I hope that is the right term!)

:)

On 1/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Because 1) He promised to listen to her long story; 2) he didn't know where she was going with all of that. 3) She also used the past tense... "There was someone I used to like". It's not especially clear in the Netflix subs but the C subbers use a lexical item which can mean "before". "Before there was someone I liked"

thank you @40somethingahjumma i needed that because :)

who are c subbers? Is there an alternate but better site for subs? 

as for MS and Kang's friendship: you are so right. The thing is the director has touched on things and left so much on us to interpret. And because this is not a film so I think people (including me) keep forgetting the context. Kang only had one friend, i would so like to know what helped them build that friendship. I mean MS cries like a baby when he is listening to Jun and his dad from outside their office. Kang brings MS up so many times with respect to CY. When MS was alive he wanted MS to be happy so he did everything: from stopping CY and asking her did she really ever love MS to going to Greece for MS's soup. He literally calls her a b**** and is ticked off when MS insists on her soup.

then that single liner in the car about him telling MS that he is lost and then continuation of the I am lost line again with regard to CY in another episode. Then even before asking her to not go to greece, the apology to MS. 

from that to the point when he realizes that she left because of him. I have felt so many emotions everytime I stepped into his shoes and thought about that moment when. He must be feeling so bad for himself, slightly guilty towards her and of course, cursing heavens for wasting so many years. Ah the what ifsss...

But on the day of the funeral and the car crash, when he said: i hope we never meet again... he broke my heart. I was like no, dont be so cruel and now when he knows her side of the story + remembers that particular memory, I was wondering about the colour of his emotions :)

i am so looking forward to tomorrow yet dreading it. I think @sadthe1st  summed it well.

23 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

and we are now at D-1 from second last episode.. :persevere: can’t wait for the plot progress but yet, can’t bear for it to end so fast..

But @Lawyerh i just read this again and all i will say is: u guyssss.... :wub: :D

21 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

know you just can't let go the idea of chocolate ending kiss  (Sponsored by Godiva ) :joy:. Too bad, i didn't add this into the poll :mrgreen: But yeah drama start with chocolate might end with it as well... 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

It is always a pleasure reading everyone's comments and analysis of this drama. It has become habitual to come here to check out comments and updates. Same question as everyone - what am I gonna do after this drama ends? 

As for the bts on the kiss scene, why is it that I have this odd feeling that YKS did not kiss HJW's lips but right at the side instead? I wish I am wrong but why would the wetness be at the side? Or maybe because he rushed to kiss her that he kinda missed the target or maybe only met half of her lips? Perhaps I was influenced by what I read elsewhere about HJW is not the type to go for proper kiss scenes? Nonetheless, I do agree that for once, both are serious in this bts. In fact, you can see how YKS was building up his emotion for this. And she still looked serious after the kiss ended and he on the other hand tried to lighten the mood or awkwardness.

Help, I am falling for LK! Or am I falling for YKS? He has portrayed this character beautifully. It is my first encounter with him and I am hooked. 

Regarding both their chemistry, I suppose if both are easy going individuals, it will be easy to work well together. He seems to be a playful and goofy person in real life. So different from serious LK. Do you all notice that HJW likes to playfully hit YKS? I realize she does this with other male leads in other dramas too. Guess it is just her being her.

I am starting to like brother TH. He is the most 'realistic' character on the fact that we can relate to him in real life. The way he lies down cross legged, the way he slides on the floor, etc. It was funny to see him trying to push her sis to LK in the kitchen and the nun and monk remark was epic. Best of all, our LK was not embarrassed at all! He will be such a good big bro in law to TH.

Sigh, please dont stop this thread even after the drama ends. Some of us here still need to come here to get things off our chest.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

23 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

It is always a pleasure reading everyone's comments and analysis of this drama. It has become habitual to come here to check out comments and updates. Same question as everyone - what am I gonna do after this drama ends? 

As for the bts on the kiss scene, why is it that I have this odd feeling that YKS did not kiss HJW's lips but right at the side instead? I wish I am wrong but why would the wetness be at the side? Or maybe because he rushed to kiss her that he kinda missed the target or maybe only met half of her lips? Perhaps I was influenced by what I read elsewhere about HJW is not the type to go for proper kiss scenes? Nonetheless, I do agree that for once, both are serious in this bts. In fact, you can see how YKS was building up his emotion for this. And she still looked serious after the kiss ended and he on the other hand tried to lighten the mood or awkwardness.

Help, I am falling for LK! Or am I falling for YKS? He has portrayed this character beautifully. It is my first encounter with him and I am hooked. 

Regarding both their chemistry, I suppose if both are easy going individuals, it will be easy to work well together. He seems to be a playful and goofy person in real life. So different from serious LK. Do you all notice that HJW likes to playfully hit YKS? I realize she does this with other male leads in other dramas too. Guess it is just her being her.

I am starting to like brother TH. He is the most 'realistic' character on the fact that we can relate to him in real life. The way he lies down cross legged, the way he slides on the floor, etc. It was funny to see him trying to push her sis to LK in the kitchen and the nun and monk remark was epic. Best of all, our LK was not embarrassed at all! He will be such a good big bro in law to TH.

Sigh, please dont stop this thread even after the drama ends. Some of us here still need to come here to get things off our chest.

I think they did more than one take and one of them missed the target LOL

• LOL 5

It seems that I have one more thing to add.

@40somethingahjumma : Just a conjecture. 

Related to ep 15 preview:

What if the scene with CY leaning on TH and tearing up be related to the mother figure that entered CY's life after the accident? I anyway dont have a great feeling about how Director Kwon's (love)story might go but then again I could be wrong.

I dont know how to make the hidden contents text box on my mobile :( sorry.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 1/14/2020 at 3:47 AM, ben1090 said:

Thank you so much  @mystory for making me less sad about the rating. I cannot agree more about that. Then, I'm glad that I'm among those special people :lol:.

Thank you @doralok for sharing the bts. I know that today is the bts day, but didn't expect it will come out this early. 

They were so playful. How can I not fall in love with their chemistry :wub:

I really hope someone can translate the bts to english :rolleyes:

You're welcome @ben1090 glad I helped :)

You guys are all so funny here, I enjoy every single comment and your thoughts on Chocolate are amazing, this drama is very inspiring, with so many hidden meanings. 

By the way, have you noticed the necklace Chayoung is wearing? I saw number 9 on it (hope I saw right) maybe is something meaningful for her or maybe I am exagerating on this hahaha now I am seeing a reason for everything. Ahhh show, what are you doing to me :wub:

I love these, maybe is someone among us please that can translate what is written on the photos :D

Edited by mystory
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, mystory said:

By the way, have you noticed the necklace Chayoung is wearing? I saw number 9 on it (hope I saw right) maybe is something meaningful for her or maybe I am exagerating on this hahaha now I am seeing a reason for everything. Ahhh show, what are you doing to me :wub:

@mystory u read my mind! That neckpiece is so noticeable and part of her attire as CY that as an audience I keep thinking about its significance too. I wonder if it will be left as an untold mystery or is it the only vanity that CY allows herself or does it have some meaning.

And I also wondered about the significance of CY's look (ep14) when she realizes that Kang hasnt finished the meal as well as the significance of Kang actually enquiring about the meal that he hadnt finished later in the episode when he goes to find CY in the kitchen only to be told that she had left. This was the first time (asking about unfinished food) that he had done it.

Any explanations?

• Like 4

Great to see so much activity overnight. Welcome to @im0202 and @rocky20192312. Happy that you've chosen to come out for Chocolate. Better late than never. ;)

@Dramafreak C subbers refer to Chinese subbers. Sometimes when I want to get a more accurate/nuanced translation of the subs, I go and do a little hunt for the Chinese subs which tend to be a lot closer to the Korean dialogue. It's the geeky side of me wanting greater linguistic accuracy. I don't do this for every show, only the ones I care about.

9 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Related to ep 15 preview:

What if the scene with CY leaning on TH and tearing up be related to the mother figure that entered CY's life after the accident? I anyway dont have a great feeling about how Director Kwon's (love)story might go but then again I could be wrong.

I dont know how to make the hidden contents text box on my mobile :( sorry.

Presumably you're referring to the Cooking Ajumma with Alzheimer's. ;)

I agree it could be possibly about her. She is deteriorating fast although I wasn't expecting her demise to come this soon but then death can come in different ways.

I'm glad you brought this up because I've been thinking a bit about the director's love story, as you put it. ;) He is obviously still in love with her and emotionally he hasn't moved on. From the horse's mouth we know that he was waiting for her to return to him even while he was married to someone else. 

In the most recent episode when she called him "yeobo" in her confused state, he was pretty shook up. The extent of her deterioration had become evident. In that state of mind, time hasn't moved for her. She's reverted to their pre-divorce days when they were still happily married.  This is particularly fascinating because the director himself is living in the past emotionally. In a fantastical way, he is getting his deepest wish to return to the good old days when she was his attentive and loving wife. It may be that the Alzheimer's becomes the unexpected vehicle in which this desire can be played out for him. To have her back and relive the "good o'l days". 

I don't know if the show will go down the route but I am wondering what this scenario will do to the director emotionally. Can he callously ignore this turn of events or will he find a way to live with her in her Alzheimer's state? She thought the answer to some kind of civil reconciliation was through cooking for him but he's managed to resist all her attempts so far. Who knows, this could be the means through which forgiveness and healing might take place. 

MS is the brother he never had. The family he craved but never got from the noisy nutjobs that run the family business. Even though I'm critical of how MS dealt with CY's feelings for Kang, I would never bag him for how good he was to Kang. MS was a refuge and pillar of support. The fact that Kang constantly references him in his voice overs demonstrates over and over again how much MS mattered, how much his opinion still matters to him. Of course it's a double-edged sword where CY is concerned. Two men who loved each other falling in love with the same woman albeit at different times. 

I have the greatest respect CY although there were times I thought she needed to stand up for herself and pushed back. Not only is she an incredible chef and a good sister, she has been very respectful of Kang and MS' relationship all throughout. She didn't throw herself at Kang even while curious about what kind of man he'd become. Even when he finally gave in to his attraction to her, she didn't say "yes" straight away because it was important that she give her perspective on their history to give him his choice as to whether he was willing to continue pursue this relationship. How would he react to the fact that she was in love with him while dating MS? She couldn't be sure. Would he continue to perceive her as betraying his friend? There's no point in beginning the relationship with that hanging over their heads. Fortunately, he understood what he told her in the "right way", that she never meant to betray MS, but that timing was everything.  She was steadfast in her feelings for him all throughout.

Interesting thing though, she hasn't told him that MS knew that she had feelings for Kang. Perhaps it is once again respect for the deceased and her way of protecting that relationship.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

From the horse's mouth

i cracked up on this :joy: sorry hahaha!!

the main casts filming the last 2 ep and their thoughts.. the HJW fan IG account in japanese has better translation than another which i saw in chinese :-

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

help @triplem finish The  drama  & rewatch it :joy:

** getting best friend prize :tounge_wink:

I am now at eps 5...I am paddling as fast as I can :lol:....

I am enjoying all the creative ways that the writer has allowed the OTP to be in the same screen. I love all the angst ...crazy I know :D

@40somethingahjumma you were right about his family...they are awful beyond redemption. I am trying to understand Lee Jun. It is  clear that he dislikes Kang , but I think he is more keen to prove he is better than Kang and is not just hating him for being the possible heir to the hospital. Also , I don't get why Kang would want to stay with those awful folks. He can clearly move out , work somewhere else. So why has he chosen to stay given all the verbal abuse? ( especially before his hands gave him problems)

Edited by Guest

Hi, I am silent reader  I enjoy this discussion  thank you I got a lot of enlightenment here.:D  one thing is certain  what I like about this drama is that the storyline flows naturally. the character and the storyline feel slow but make sense, even though the emotions are so strong, this makes me sink  like quicksand:wub: I can't believe this drama will end, I'm not ready to say good bye with Chocolate :tears:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

One more question:

Does Kang or some connotation of that name mean river? Everytime I check any of the insta accounts shared here, and click on translation somehow Kang's name become river.

If yes then I wonder what Cha Young means and then, I mean really the writer/director thought a lot to make things as beautiful as they are :)

and @triplem fighting! Be patient all secrets will be revealed. And yes, the answer to your question is revealed in a flashback. In case you need a watching buddy, let me know. I so wish I could unsee and see this again as a first time viewer.

and i agree... am a fan of some of the angst too :D

@40somethingahjumma i wish I could read chinese :( but am glad someone is there to explain the nuances :)

happy friday.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Thanks dear @Dramafreak . I think I am on a roll tonight :D ...I am mid eps 6 . TBH , I felt Kang was a little harsh with SY ever since he thought she dumped MS for another guy . I don’t blame him of course since he was being protective of his friend. So ever since I was really waiting for the moment when the  wall will come down . I think that moment came at the end of eps 5 after the haraboji died & he asked her to hv jajangmyeon with him . I always love scenes like that . 

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Does Kang or some connotation of that name mean river? Everytime I check any of the insta accounts shared here, and click on translation somehow Kang's name become river.

some chinese translations of the word “Kang” have been 岡 or 港 which means river or harbor.. thats why when u try to translate it became river :mrgreen:

guess we will see Bora the social media elitist later? does this suggest newfound romance for TH or another heartbreak of passing away?

maybe she is going to be the key to saving the hospice :hushed: being a social media elitist, she should have many followers and if they know she is sick, it would also create awareness to the public of the importance of hospice!!

anyway, can’t wait for some

live updates later :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Preview translations for ep 16

LK: Are you free for tomorrow night? Let's have a birthday party. I'll prepare anything for the party, so you only need to come
LK: I don't have any wishes. For me, everything has come true
LK: For giving me this moment, thank you so much
CY: Do you want to run away with me?
CY: I was worried that you (mom) are happy
LK: But now I have you, Cha Young-ssi. I won't never abandon you
CY: Please give me some time. I'm sorry

CY is leaving to somewhere? why? :cry:

For the last episode, there will be a cameo by 'CSJH The Grace' Lina. She is the wife of Jang Seung Jo who play as Lee Jun. Her character Song Ye Jin is a new fate for LJ. 

cr news: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000651981

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Preview translations for ep 16

LK: Are you free for tomorrow night? Let's have a birthday party. I'll prepare anything for the party, so you only need to come
LK: I don't have any wishes. For me, everything has come true
LK: For giving me this moment, thank you so much
CY: Do you want to run away with me?
CY: I was worried that you (mom) are happy
LK: But now I have you, Cha Young-ssi. I won't never abandon you
CY: Please give me some time. I'm sorry

CY is leaving to somewhere? why? :cry:

For the last episode, there will be a cameo by 'CSJH The Grace' Lina. She is the wife of Jang Seung Jo who play as Lee Jun. Her character Song Ye Jin is a new fate for LJ. 

cr news: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000651981

What am I doing watching(reading) the preview for the last episode when I haven’t watched ep 15 yet?!:ph34r: All I can see is the KISS in the thumbnail and I’m trying my best to resist clicking on the video... 

Really hope there will be a satisfying happy ending!!! Our two leads have already suffered too much:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 8

Wow.. It's nice to hear our OTP's duet. Nicely done!

I felt like I could use more of their screen times together but still, Ep 15 is good for me as it focused on their family relationships.

It was a bit heartbreaking at first for the nuna-dongsaeng pair. For the first time, I felt heartbroken for TH but I'm glad they have resolved that and became closer than ever. For the past 14 episodes, we were only shown CY's perspective of what she went through and we were only given a glimpse of what really TH feels for his sister like a tip of an iceberg. Well, he was not really that of a serious person and covers his true emotions with his annoying acts. I cracked up when he said he is going to change his name to DiCaprio. So now, we have also been shown what it means for the family to see their loved ones suffer.

I wonder what LK said to Aunt Hyemi or if the reason why she reacted like that is because LK gave his response to her.

There are new side plots developing and I wonder how these will be resolved in the remaining episode as we see in the preview that there are other conflicts that will arise. I am not sure though if the show will give a closure to everything.

So excited and looking forward for a happy ending. a bit worried though about what CY will do as we see in the preview. Thankfully, we just need to wait for a day.

• Like 3
  • Love 4