[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

11 hours ago, xprosperity said:

(cute YKS and his smiling stuff- so different from LK! man, HJW and YKS has got really great chemistry.)

YKS is indeed different from LK. Look at him, he is so goofy. I do not think YKS has tight abs, in fact he errs on the 'meatier' side, but yet I wouldn't say he is fat. Perhaps his height helped but his goofiness seemed to make him attractive. But then again, the seriousness in LK is also alluring. Gosh, no wonder CY likes him!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

"Have you spent time in Wando when you were young?"

Nods.

"Have you been to this restaurant before?"

Nods.

"Do you remember me?"

Nods.

Listen, this was the moment we have all been waiting for. Forget that hospital mess. Forget granny's guilty sickness. Forget it all. We have been dying to see LK and CY finally catch up to their past as those two innocent kids eating outside of that restaurant. Him feeding her. Her crying out of happiness. Him wiping her tears. That look of intense recognition was awesome. They have spent the drama walking on egg shells around one another because there has been a draw, a connection between them since his friend warned him not to fall for her. Too many people, situations and time has kept them apart. This reconciliation and hopefully romance is what we deserve.

Neither of them ever forgot each other. As soon as she said she was crying because she was happy, he knew. Despite her mom abandoning her. Despite his mother dying tragically in the mall collapse. Despite her brother leeching off of her from Greece to Korea. Despite his family trying to get rid of him. They never forgot one another. Their characters have to be in their early to mid-thirties, so that is quite remarkable that they both have held on to those feelings all of these years later.

As far as the whole twist with the grandmother and who is actually the real blood heir to the hospital. No surprise there. Now we know why his aunt and uncle were so relentless with their son being named the successor. Honestly, I don't think Jun wants that. Even before he found out about his father's paternity, he seemed to be going in a slightly different direction. It will be interesting to see how the writer ties that up.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

I have been listening to the OST. A lot. Like A LOT. (It's on Spotify and most are on YouTube too.)

Each track is so wonderful and the whole OST is so pleasant and representative of the show.

What are y'alls favorite tracks?

My favorite is Special. What a beautiful duet. This might be top or top 3 of my favorite kdrama songs.

And of course, Always Be Here -- I love that it has both a male and female version. I prefer the male one, it's so good!

They haven't yet released the song from the opening sequence. Can't wait for that.

Edited by chocotruffo
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Listen, this was the moment we have all been waiting for. Forget that hospital mess. Forget granny's guilty sickness. Forget it all. We have been dying to see LK and CY finally catch up to their past as those two innocent kids eating outside of that restaurant. Him feeding her. Her crying out of happiness. Him wiping her tears. That look of intense recognition was awesome. They have spent the drama walking on egg shells around one another because there has been a draw, a connection between them since his friend warned him not to fall for her. Too many people, situations and time has kept them apart. This reconciliation and hopefully romance is what we deserve.

Neither of them ever forgot each other. As soon as she said she was crying because she was happy, he knew. Despite her mom abandoning her. Despite his mother dying tragically in the mall collapse. Despite her brother leeching off of her from Greece to Korea. Despite his family trying to get rid of him. They never forgot one another. Their characters have to be in their early to mid-thirties, so that is quite remarkable that they both have held on to those feelings all of these years later.

Me. At those last minute, the whole episode, every sadness, every tear- I had completely forgotten because they had reconnected. I loved how you described it: so many situations and people (especially Min-seong) keeping them apart, even after he's moved on and died. I cannot wait until they catch up and write their story together. It would be a truly beautiful moment when they close their full circle in Wando or in the hospice. Both have gone through SO much and I'm so sure we'll be glad when they get together soon.

I actually would love to see Kang's reactions when he finds out when his mother gave Cha-young the chocolate meant for him, and the fact that it kept her alive.

7 hours ago, chocotruffo said:

I have been listening to the OST. A lot. Like A LOT. (It's on Spotify and most are on YouTube too.)

Each track is so wonderful and the whole OST is so pleasant and representative of the show.

Oh my gosh, I thought no one would ask! I love those tracks that you listed too; I personally really enjoy listening to Greeting (Kassy), Sweetest Thing (Seventeen), and Look For You (Ailee). I really like the male track of Always Be Here though. 

It really shows the connection between each track and each scene and the entirety of the drama. Each track shows a transition of the characters' emotions and changes in feeling.

4 hours ago, blademan said:

THIS SCENE.

I AM WAITING FOR THIS SCENE.

Friday is almost here! We're halfway through the wait! I'm desperate for this scene to happen, but I feel like Cha-young might get embarrassed. They're so cute, I'm so ready to smile like an idiot through the hour tbh!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Hello... I finished reading everything, I love their comments and your perspective, I always go around these forums, when I love a drama, and chocolate is beautiful, I love the story, the actors and each scene, I hope the writer does not give us a bad surprise.

7 hours ago, chocotruffo said:

My favorite is Special. What a beautiful duet. This might be top or top 3 of my favorite kdrama songs.

And of course, Always Be Here -- I love that it has both a male and female version. I prefer the male one, it's so good!

They haven't yet released the song from the opening sequence. Can't wait for that. Me too.

I love Always Be Here, It is a song that causes me nostalgia and tranquility, I like both versions, although the male voice seems more intense. I also like Just Look For You, it adds so much romance and longing to the drama. Ailee has a great voice, I'm her fan. Special is really beautiful too, I think, it style is very indie, that's why I love it. 

I would say that these are my favorite songs, although I love them all because they remind me a lot of the story of this drama. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, although there are people who do not comment frequently, like me, we enjoy the drama through them. Sorry for my poor english T.T

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year 2020.. I have been away from dramaland for a while and I'm only at ep 9 of Chocolate!  I haven't read any of the latest comments here yet but from snippets of comments in youtube I'm glad that I was wrong in assuming that Kang recognized CY when they first met at the hospital in 2012. It's more satisfying to know that he fell in love with CY without knowing that she's the little girl that he fed when they were young in Wando. Means that his feelings for her was not influenced by the past.

Hope to finish the rest of the episode by this week. and then back read all the comments here :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

YASSSSSSSS :heart:

ENzAikJUYAE9e5_?format=jpg&name=small

ENzAjWvUUAEebQt?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

ENzAis8UUAE5z1v?format=jpg&name=900x900ENzAjChUUAAqUbS?format=jpg&name=900x900

Creds. Twitter

About time this happened! I mean what was I expecting really...it took them nearly 11 episodes to progress the main couple's love line :sweatingbullets:

Also I'm not really sure why LJ looks so worried in the first pic but I CANNOT WAIT FOR THESE :D

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 6

On 1/6/2020 at 11:58 AM, greenwatch08 said:

Its refreshing that both HJW & YKS are the same age too. They look very good onscreen together. Most drama nowadays, the age gap can be quite contrasting/huge. Btw, YKS is super tall? Love it when their characters stand close in proximity to eachother. 

@greenwatch08, I agree with you that it's nice to have leads that are close in age.  I don't mind when they are not, but sometimes it can be distracting when the age gap is too much.  

I will say though, at 5'7 myself,  I wouldn't say YKS is "super tall". He's only 5'9 about average. It's the fact that she's only 5'5 which makes him look so tall. However, that's the other thing that really works in this drama is their height difference. There are not a lot of super tall lead actors IMO, however, there are some like 

Spoiler

V.I.P. lead actor LSY is tall at 6'0. That Winter Wind That Blows lead actor LIS is 6'1. Crash Landing lead HB is 6'0, these actors can make most actresses seem short. My absolute most favorite male lead is JH is only 5'8  (Fated to Love You) while JN (female lead) is only 5'2 (Fated to Love You). 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

However, that's the other thing that really works in this drama is their height difference.

there is one recent kdrama with extreme height difference

Spoiler

Extraordinary You

where all the guys are super tall and cute, and the female lead is wayyy petite!!

one more day of anticipation!! :glasses:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@greenwatch08, I agree with you that it's nice to have leads that are close in age.  I don't mind when they are not, but sometimes it can be distracting when the age gap is too much.  

I will say though, at 5'7 myself,  I wouldn't say YKS is "super tall". He's only 5'9 about average. It's the fact that she's only 5'5 which makes him look so tall. However, that's the other thing that really works in this drama is their height difference. There are not a lot of supper tall lead actors IMO, however, there are some like 

Reveal hidden contents

V.I.P. lead actor LSY is tall at 6'0. That Winter Wind That Blows lead actor LIS is 6'1. Crash Landing lead HB is 6'0, these actors can make most actresses seem short. My absolute most favorite male lead is JH is only 5'8  (Fated to Love You) while JN (female lead) is only 5'2 (Fated to Love You). 

Yeah i agree,  i saw him in the good wife, he was alot shorter than the other male lead YJT

• Like 1