[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

PLOT SETTINGS

◯ Slow speed

◯ Fast speed

⬤ Ludicrous speed

KANG'S LEG SETTINGS

◯️ No cramp

⬤ Cramp

PRODUCERS SETTINGS

◯️ Be chill

⬤ Make me feel sad for nice fisherman guy that was on screen for 5 minutes in episode 1

⬤ Have the gall to make me wait a week after that cliffhanger

Edited by chocotruffo
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5mBc18p_vR/?igshid=1d3oolhnud7js

Since this hasn’t happened yet in drama. Looks like this is part of last few episodes. 
almost like a wedding dress but I don’t see any rings. Then they are back in the countryside sharing a bike. Unless this is a dream sequence I would bet these scenes are part of the ending. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, rita96 said:

I noticed this too!! She looks like she could kill the other woman flirting with LK. I would like to see Kang's reaction to her jealousy (if he notices that is)- it would definitely bring a smil to his face.

Also can we pls talk about how hot LK looks in the blue shirt (finally without the doctor's coat) he has been wearing for past two episodes. I mean he is obviously handsome but somehow he has started looking hotter in the recent episodes. I couldn't stop replaying the scene when he get's off the car near the funeral place and his hair are flying or when he was rolling up his sleeves to cook. LOL. He has a very mature brooding sort of charm. If someone can add gifs of him it'll be fab:)

Oooof! Imagine if CY is like "ugh what the heck? This guy just said he liked me but this girl is all up on him like whaaaat"

I'm all for smiley Kang though. :heart: I want them both to be happy. Summoning our gif makers to get us some Kang goodness- he looked really mature cooking for CY at Bada Restaurant. I was so happy that the two made a semi-full circle.

9 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

It's so great right? Having the ML ask permission to like/love the FL. :wub: I adore these two so much. 

Even though they now know they met eachother as kids, they havent admit their feelings for each other yet. Judging ep.13, it seems like LK will confess, but well have to see how it plays out for CY.  I can see why CY feel uneasy when she sees LK with other woman because she likes him so much & they both been through so much. There may be a another roadblock for the two leads in terms of romance & relationship that may partially be due to LK family? I really do hope for a happy ending because the writer is well known for her melodramatic/tragic endings. :crazy: It would be so aggravating for it to end in tragedy. :vicx: I hope not please.

Please don't give me tragedy. I'm sure none of us are waiting like THIS to be tortured with a heavy and sad ending... I think that while CY may be jealous at other women approaching Kang, she still knows him and will trust him through it all. You could tell that CY was trusting in him because CY rebuked Jun's claim that Kang was evil and CY didn't know him like he did. But almost right away, CY said that she actually know him and that Jun shouldn't say things like that. 

Ugh, I half squeaked when Kang asked CY if he could like her in the preview... I'm so ready for this romance, y'all. 

4 hours ago, chocotruffo said:

PRODUCERS SETTINGS

◯️ Be chill

⬤ Make me feel sad for nice fisherman guy that was on screen for 5 minutes in episode 1

⬤ Have the gall to make me wait a week after that cliffhanger

Your second bullet of the nice fisherman guy. I relate to it- very heavily. He literally was there to give Godiva chocolate (which I'm not craving thanks to this drama + ring pop) to little Kang and now that he's gone...... I cried like a baby when his niece have Kang the box of chocolate he had kept for when he returned to Wando...

2 hours ago, Zclwpd said:

Since this hasn’t happened yet in drama. Looks like this is part of last few episodes. 

almost like a wedding dress but I don’t see any rings. Then they are back in the countryside sharing a bike. Unless this is a dream sequence I would bet these scenes are part of the ending. 

P. L. E. A. S. E. It seems like the scene by the water will happen in Wando (or at least it looks like it), so perhaps they'll go back there?

The countryside riding bike could be that they were riding the bike together to the hospice. It looks like the scene where CY usually rides to go to work, so that could be it. Obviously, we all know that Kang usually takes his nice car and CY rides the bike or bus- but the fact that they're riding the bikes together could mean that they're now "on the same way". In some meaning, it could mean that they're now thinking on the same wavelength and is now together. Kinda meaningful! I hope these two can bring some happiness to Director Kwon though, poor man has a sad history. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

[I said this before, a couple weeks ago, but feel like repeating myself again, as watching the latest episodes has confirmed my initial thoughts.]

I find this drama very likable, not because it has anything special nor extraordinary, but it gives off quite a heartwarming feeling and has a subtle depth.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2

i can’t remember but, did they exchanged names last time when they were kids? :unamused: you know, i can still remember my first crush (well, more like those kiddy crush thingie) even till this day.. how can LK only realise it like.. in EP12?!

time for them to make chocolate shasha together!! :heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Who screamed with me when Kang asked CY questions in front of Bada Restuarant and she nodded "yes" to each one, especially after he realized who she really was to him?  I couldn't stop re-watching that scene.  :wub:So beautiful..our OTP. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I'm glad Joon has the self awareness to not take after his parents ugh. So Kang's the true heir, but it looks like Joon's mom won't go down without a fight.......

I think this is the part of the drama that frustrates me. I don't think a chairwoman who is suffering from a guilty conscience of knowing that she passed on another man's child to her husband as his would then turn over the hospital to the evil daughter in law just to keep a secret of shame. She loves her son so much that she can't tell him the truth? Or she wouldn't insist on turning the hospital over to him instead?  But to give it to the daughter in law? Sorry, wish a little more attention was given to that part of the storyline. 

I want Kang to have what is rightfully his, but at the same time, i also want him to pursue his dream of becoming a chef.

In regards to the polling, I'm hoping these two do not break up again. He has been in ignorance of her true identify for 12 episodes. However, if they were to breakup, I hope they meet up at his mom's restaurant....with her running the place.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I hope they meet up at his mom's restaurant....with her running the place.

and little Junior LK making chocolate shasha in the kitchen too? :naughty:

a good IG to lurk for HJW’s bts in Chocolate:-

https://instagram.com/haewadal_entertainment?igshid=1oba1785fk5tn

thats the agency she is in.. i guess

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, haruhi17 said:

Who screamed with me when Kang asked CY questions in front of Bada Restuarant and she nodded "yes" to each one, especially after he realized who she really was to him?  I couldn't stop re-watching that scene.  :wub:So beautiful..our OTP. 

Me too as i keep watching this scene over and over again until now hehe :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

oppa cooking with rolling sleeves mode on. Dont you all want to be the dead fish ? :mrgreen:

u reminded me of my comrades in another thread ROFLMAO :joy: we wanted to be some uniforms and tomato plant over there as well *its a secret shh*

9 hours ago, xprosperity said:

Oooof! Imagine if CY is like "ugh what the heck? This guy just said he liked me but this girl is all up on him like whaaaat"

hahaha i hope betrothal is not something common in wando.. :unamused: since i can’t marry your mom, my niece shall marry your son! :warning::skull:

• LOL 7

I am repeating myself but it is nice to have a romance brewing between two matured and sensible individuals in this drama. So many kdramas these days are led by young actors, hence it is great to watch Yoon Kye Sang and Ha Ji Won for a change. 

Apart from his blue shirt, dont you all agree LK looked suave with his hair swept back when he was the cooking judge in Greece in his black suit?

• Like 4
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I am repeating myself but it is nice to have a romance brewing between two matured and sensible individuals in this drama. So many kdramas these days are led by young actors, hence it is great to watch Yoon Kye Sang and Ha Ji Won for a change. 

Apart from his blue shirt, dont you all agree LK looked suave with his hair swept back when he was the cooking judge in Greece in his black suit?

Its refreshing that both HJW & YKS are the same age too. They look very good onscreen together. Most drama nowadays, the age gap can be quite contrasting/huge. Btw, YKS is super tall? Love it when their characters stand close in proximity to eachother. 

• Like 13

Hello Chocolate lovers, my first post. From watching everything that has been going on I think this is my prediction Chayoung goes to Greece because she doesn't know what to do with Lee Kang. While she's packing her things she forgets to pack the letter from MS and her brother or the hospice chef finds it and gives it to Lee kang. Thats where at the beginning he rushes to her in Greece after reading the letter. This is all my prediction I dont know whats going to be next but I hopeful they will end up together happily. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Many of the conflicts between people in this show seem to be mediated by using food as a way for one person to reach out to another and reconcile their differences.

The episode between Michael's Korean mother (does she have a name? I'll use MKM) and Susan probably revealed this theme to me the most. Susan making the seaweed soup for MKM and bringing it to her home ended up in one of my favorite scenes of the show, where MKM says that Michael doesn't owe her family anything since she was the one who abandoned him, and similarly that she's not worthy of affection or kindness from Susan. Later on, she ends up appreciating what Susan did (in her own oblique way) and she tries her best to do her best for Michael as well.

Another example is when Ms. Bong went to pick raspberries, with dramatic consequences, for Suk-ja -- a way for Ms. Bong to reach out to Suk-ja when she was angry, and they made up for the final time. And of course, we are seeing this play out between Kang and Cha-young right now, and food is the mediator between Kang himself and his past.

But this doesn't always work -- as we saw this week with Ms. Cook With Dementia Who Must Be Protected At All Costs Seon-ae, and Director Kwon. No matter what Seon-ae makes or does, Director Kwon doesn't want any part of it, and his eating ramen and rejecting the kitchen's food is a rejection of reconciliation. Similarly, Ye-sol's grandfather refusing to give her food in the past is a similar rejection, and if we are to believe Seon-ae that grandpa finally sent back some food for Ye-sol in the most recent episode, that might be the reconciliation.

Most importantly, what the hospice setting is creating, as mentioned by people on this thread, is a sense of mortality and perspective for people. We, and the healthy people that come in contact with the hospice patients, see the patients who realize that their time has gone and they find out what is really important, and resolve their conflicts with people to die peacefully. At the end of the day, Ye-sol's grandfather not being present at the wedding won't save his son from losing his wife. Jun fighting with Kang over who inherits what (wonderfully shown by the fight between Yeong-sil's cousins) won't make them live better lives. Min-seong himself resolved the conflict of him knowing that Cha-young should be with Kang on his deathbed. And while Kang thinks he's honoring his best friend Min-seong by holding back from being interested in Cha-young, they are both not living their best lives -- and not even to Min-seong's wishes -- by hiding their feelings. We think we are lucky because we aren't dying like the patients, but like Seon-ae said to Ye-sol's grandfather --

After some time, you'll regret it and ask for forgiveness. But it'll be too late then. People think they have all the time in the world. But life is very short. Before it's too late, and before your daughter-in-law dies, you should just accept your son and daughter-in-law. Otherwise, you'll end up regretting it like me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

on the way to michael’s birth mom house with susan, nurse ha bumped into a guy whom they exchanged brief moments.. is that her first love? then probably she wun pose as the third woman in director kwon’s life.. so there might still chance that alzheimer ahjumma has chance back together with director kwon..

then again, i dun think the drama has so much time left (only 4 more episodes! dun waste more scenes!) to tie up all these small loose ends.. else, CY’s mom might turn up to join in leeching the remaining screentime!! :unamused: we will just accept TH continues to stick to CY (ok we saw he is a good bro and did his part with redemption!)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

u reminded me of my comrades in another thread ROFLMAO :joy: we wanted to be some uniforms and tomato plant over there as well *its a secret shh*

hahaha i hope betrothal is not something common in wando.. :unamused: since i can’t marry your mom, my niece shall marry your son! :warning::skull:

I know which tomato plant you're talking about! Kites... Scratch that... Piano!

Haaaa, imagine if the niece comes back like "here's a letter from my uncle saying if you ever come back, I must marry you"

BTW JTBC posted BTS! Apparently they tried to film with CY sleeping on Kang's lap, etc. but settled for Kang kneeling with CY on his chest (cute regardless): 

(cute YKS and his smiling stuff- so different from LK! man, HJW and YKS has got really great chemistry.)

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

at this point in time, i want to be the fried chicken :tounge_wink:

13 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

Haaaa, imagine if the niece comes back like "here's a letter from my uncle saying if you ever come back, I must marry you"

at that split moment, LK will crush the letter and swallow it and destroy all possible evidence that he is ever going to marry that niece!! :triumph:

super love the bts!! but i can only watch it on mute since im in the office at the moment hahaha :love:

• LOL 5

2 hours ago, xprosperity said:

BTW JTBC posted BTS! Apparently they tried to film with CY sleeping on Kang's lap, etc. but settled for Kang kneeling with CY on his chest (cute regardless): 

(cute YKS and his smiling stuff- so different from LK! man, HJW and YKS has got really great chemistry

Lucky everyone going for lunch break,cannot control myself watching the bts gosh their chemistry was so good and YKS and HJW is so cute la weyyy :joy:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including videos. Thanks
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@xprosperity @rita96 oppa cooking with rolling sleeves mode on. Dont you all want to be the dead fish ? :mrgreen:

This is FAB! Can I just be the blue shirt pls! I mean LK is not even touching the dead fish directly! :naughty:

19 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Ohhh yes yes he does. We need that look again!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1