[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i forgot where i saw that brother before.. misty? :confused: he literally leeches his way from korea to greece to korea again.. omg :astonished: he cheated the old grandmothers in cards, scolded the jajjiangmian grandpa.. and let his sister shield him instead of the other way round.. what a jerk!

then again, its through the confrontation we learnt more about the poor abandoned grandpa.. :bawling:

so, did LJ intentionally left the clot in LK’s brains? or is it really the golden timing?? i got confused.

hahaha!! i love this fun fact!! when the nurse scolded the director.. i was thinking, wow great nerves she has! then, his sister?! :glasses: so all this while, CY is being a very good friend to MS’s mom, which i think CY isn’t aware as well..

Memories of the Alhambra! He was Hyun Bin's secretary :)

• Like 3

So i come back to k drama land because of HJW and Chocolate expecting i guess to see k-drama  rejuvenated and lively ...and sweet  (i left k drama land because almost every drama was murder, murder and sickos ....in this one it seems the trope is sickos and pitifulness, and depression galore . I don't know if its the writer, or the director but boy they don't think much of their current social strata in K land. 

• Like 3

Gosh why's everyone so pitiful in this drama?:tears:

Kang starts to develop feelings for Cha Young, though he doesn't know it himself..yet. Is he havin' selective memory loss or he really has no recollection of Cha Young at all LoL?! I mean she knew who he was from the start, k-drama logic indeed;):phew: 

Jun & Tae Hyun are the only ones who seem to know 'bout Kang/Cha Young. And Karma's a ***** for Jun's insufferable family. They got their just desserts which was satisfying:P Aww~ the kid actors were adorable in ep. 06 although will there be more deaths in upcoming ep.!!?? :unsure: 

• Like 5

I actually hope Jun and Kang can reconcile as brothers....neither are bad people but the toxic environment and competition to be heir to the hospital....they are both trapped...I am not saying their misery is comparable but if they both take a step back and try to be honest then their relationship can improve...The Grandmother is beyond awful ....his parents are same...Jun clearly hates how things go around the hospital and is in love with a dying woman who loves another man and who he probably would never be allowed to marry even if she did love him back...I hope Karma gets the grandmother...Kang is officially falling for Cha Young

• Like 6
  • Love 1

just finished ep6 with eng subs.. im glad to see LJ to be less horrible and more humane.. he is just a step away from breaking down his made-believe strong front to show the true softie he could really have been :grimace: but i hope its not the passing of the girl he loves.

@Ameera Ali i saw the golden halo over at director kwon.. The Amazing Ramen Man!!! omg i was laughing away :joy: i wonder what made ahjumma left him.. haha he is one compassionate guy (ahem, amazing..!)

why would LJ suggest that LK likes CY to her? i’m quite sure at that point in ER he was just trying to save his buddy’s gf and nothing else! :no_mouth: doctors integrity!! LOL

seems like there is some sorts of telepathy between LK and CY? i remembered she was busy in the kitchen with the food preps and suddenly teared when LK was in danger in syria? (or wherever that is..)

oh.. and, seems like buildings in korea collapse easily :unamused:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

just finished ep 5 & 6 eng sub... i still really really hate CY's brother. I always wonder why CY is putting up with him. However, in ep 6, it seemed that he's also traumatized by his mother's past actions. The way I see it, when their mother run away with Tae Hyun, CY feels abandoned and blamed her mother and brother... but in Tae Hyun' points on view, CY being abandoned is living a better life than him who is always have to hide from debtors and on the run because of their mother's debt. No matter what, it doesn't excuse his behaviour towards CY. So, I still hate him!

We knew that there's a father figure from ep 1. So I wonder what happened to him. Did something happened to her father because of CY's action in the past when she was young? Could it be that she felt guilty towards her brother and that's why she's been putting up with him all these while?

I was surprised that the Ahjumma chef is Director Kwon's ex-wife. However, I don't think she's MS's mother though because LK did not seemed to acknowledge her or greet her as one would have done to his bff's parents.

At first I was disappointed with Kang when he did not stop his car when he saw CY at the side of the road.. he even denied seeing her to the ahjumma. However I do understand that he's still trying to avoid her and refused to acknowledged his growing attraction towards her. After all she's the girl who left his bff heartbroken. I like it that the show make him develop his feelings to CY before he realised that CY is the little girl that he fed when he was still a smiling little boy.

I'm hungry for more interaction between our lead couple. Less screen time for the evil grandma and Jun's parents will be good. I still don't understand the purpose of their evil characters. Successful figure doesn't necessary to be written as evil characters.

Spoiler

(just like the grandma and parents of Lee Kang Woo in Love with Flaws)

I smile gleefully when the parents received the backlash on their action by Chairman Jo's family. HAHAHA!!! Glad that this time they cannot run away and it a blessing in disguise that they sent Kang to the hospice, otherwise, Kang will be the one they will put on the front to be blamed.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Chocolate: Episode 4

by TeriYaki

choc4-00105-1.jpg

Our neurosurgeon and chef are tied together even more after another tragic event but instead of becoming closer, they’re careful to stay out of one another’s lives. Finally ready to return to her life in Greece, painful memories from our protagonist’s past resurface, proving that her connection to her first love is stronger than she ever suspected. When he reenters her life in the most unexpected way, what does it mean for our plagued pair?

EPISODE 4 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/chocolate-episode-4/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Gosh why's everyone so pitiful in this drama?:tears:

Kang starts to develop feelings for Cha Young, though he doesn't know it himself..yet. Is he havin' selective memory loss or he really has no recollection of Cha Young at all LoL?! I mean she knew who he was from the start, k-drama logic indeed;):phew: 

Jun & Tae Hyun are the only ones who seem to know 'bout Kang/Cha Young. And Karma's a ***** for Jun's insufferable family. They got their just desserts which was satisfying:P Aww~ the kid actors were adorable in ep. 06 although will there be more deaths in upcoming ep.!!?? :unsure: 

I sense that the Ji-yong will be gone soon... I mean, eventually, all of these folks (or most) will be gone from the drama, from what I predict.

I feel like Kang definitely knows he's caught feelings for Cha-young, but he's pushing himself to deny it. I feel like CY's brother is going to use what he now knows as an advantage somehow... I feel like that's gonna come back to bite CY and Kang later...

So I don't know if this is accurate or if JTBC is just messing with me, BUT. (Gonna put this in spoilers in case I'm just the only one and please don't quote me on this if I'm wrong):

Spoiler

In one of the trailers, I believe Kang asks (someone in the distance, so maybe Cha-young): "Do you remember me?"

I'm really looking forward to how the relationship circles are going to run between Kang-Jun-Cha-young. It'll be a really interesting dynamic- hate that I have to wait another week! I'm really hooked to find out what happened between Alzheimer's Auntie and Director of GS Hospice... I know they have names... I just forgot them... Or we can call him Director Ramen Behind the Curtain with a Golden Aura.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@sadthe1st

LMFAo y'know in Mad Dog a building collapsed because of a group of dancers! Crazy right? :w00t::P 

@xprosperity

Director Ramen Behind Curtain with Golden Aura is a very looOoOongg name my dear ahahahah!! Oh it's Director Kwon I believe? Min Seong's dad. The actor who plays him is a hoot LoL! He's known for playin' offbeat characters. :D

• LOL 1

29 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@sadthe1st

LMFAo y'know in Mad Dog a building collapsed because of a group of dancers! Crazy right? :w00t::P 

@xprosperity

Director Ramen Behind Curtain with Golden Aura is a very looOoOongg name my dear ahahahah!! Oh it's Director Kwon I believe? Min Seong's dad. The actor who plays him is a hoot LoL! He's known for playin' offbeat characters. :D

Yes - it is Director Kwon! :( I'm trying hard not to remember MS. I cried a lot when he passed and then for the grandpa in episode 5.

I still remember him from Strong Woman DBS! He was hilarious there!

EDIT: Erm. So now we know the sort of back story-ish behind these two... Does anyone recall that first episode in Greece with Kang searching for CY? …Any guesses on that meaning?

• Like 2

Name of this drama needs to be amended to " Bittersweet Chocolate". :P So far, this drama has been a crying feast. 

However, that is the better part of the drama.  The stomach-turning family  characters, inheritance fight and predictable events are so cliche.  Wish the writer was more creative with the plot and characterizion.  <_<

• Like 1

Errr so why no one ever told me I could create such a feast when I rolled up intoFamily Mart. Sis just made my triangle kimbap, cup ramyeon and apple yoghurt drink lunches look like I was eating out of the bin. My little dude had a feast for his last birthday bless him. Urgh already feel like crying for the impeding doom but it will probably one of the things that draws out two together as they support each other through the grief. Those two will take over the hospice by the end as Ramyeon Man will retire and be busy with Lunch lady.

Couldn't care less about the brothers backstory. From the start he loved to play favourites with mum and took pleasure when mum would chew out CY. Trust he didn't bat an eyelid when mum abandoned his sister. So running from creditors was part of his penance. If he uses the knowledge of her first love to pester or hurt her in anyway I hope to god she finally washes her hand of him.

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The actor who plays him is a hoot LoL! He's known for playin' offbeat characters. :D

haha i remembered him in the most recent “When the Devil Calls Your Name” he is really an all round actors :lol: but for now, the amazing man with golden aura!! :tounge_wink:

55 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

Does anyone recall that first episode in Greece with Kang searching for CY? …Any guesses on that meaning?

Amazing Man ex wife said CY was here at the hospice to work and help clear off her bro debt.. (surprisingly i would have thought they needed to be in greece to pay for the 8k euros wine).. whatever the case, maybe CY left korea yet again after she found out that she was the one who caused LK to miss his golden time for surgery thats why his hand became unsteady and cannot be a neurosurgeon anymore? :neutral: 

i’m hopeful that as much as ep1 started with greece and then subsequent episodes as flashbacks, but prob ep12 onwards as them back together in present times and maybe rebuild Bada Restaurant or something.. it will be a pity for all the episodes to be just flashbacks of what happened to each and every patient in the hospice..

• LOL 2

@tas82

IKR LoL?!:w00t:

Oh you're a patron of Family Mart too?? I:heart:their Green Tea Ice-Cream yum!!:yum: I think Cha Young's superpower is whipping up food in spur of moment - very creative:thumbsup:while Kang is a brilliant surgeon. Together they're a Superhero Couple better even than the Avengers ahahahah!

I died when Tae Hyun said What of Black Pearls? Are they from mermaids who wear mascara?!:tounge_wink::lol: Y'know he's still able bodied & healthy obviously, he could do food delivery or Idk..something?!:unamused: Instead he whines & sits on his hands lamenting while posting dumb posts on Ig.:rolleyes: Can we ask that Jun's family use him as their slave LoL?! 

@xprosperity

A happy ending right LoL?! I mean it has to I demand it damn it.:angry: 'Cause it's the holiday season & please don't make it a downer please? And the way he called her name suggests he finally remembers Cha Young:wub:

• Like 1

@Ameera Ali i saw the golden halo over at director kwon.. The Amazing Ramen Man!!! omg i was laughing away :joy: i wonder what made ahjumma left him.. haha he is one compassionate guy (ahem, amazing..!)

Maybe she left him because he too much compassionate to other drains their money out on other people when he already wasn’t paid a lot  & clearly he have that habits of bring people to hospital can’t afford it , so he may have paying for them to stay , that why horrible grandma want to close hospital isn’t bringing money . 

but clearly married another woman after divorce or who is dead ex boyfriend mom is , clearly I don’t see her grieving for a dead son so she isn’t mom right . 

seems like there is some sorts of telepathy between LK and CY? i remembered she was busy in the kitchen with the food preps and suddenly teared when LK was in danger in syria? (or wherever that is..)

The smoke probably reach her ,she was sad  he was smoking for doctor he should know better  :joy: this scene always reminds me why smoking may kill you :mrgreen:

5df60907b9fb9445681131.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

19 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

The smoke probably reach her ,she was sad  he was smoking for doctor he should know better  :joy: this scene always reminds me why smoking may kill you :mrgreen:

omg.. i din quote the .gif but thats really funny!! :joy: i din even realise the details!!

21 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

but clearly married another woman after divorce or who is dead ex boyfriend mom is , clearly I don’t see her grieving for a dead son so she isn’t mom right . 

maybe, MS isn’t Mr Amazing’s real son.. he could have adopted and brought up a patient’s son.. that was the final straw to alzheimer ahjumma..

friday is so far away.. not that i’m at all looking forward to the working days i have to endure in between..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1