[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

What a lovely start! :)  I am hoping that the writer will keep the story simple, yet sweet throughout the drama.

I have tissues ready for the rest of the episodes - I have a feeling this is going to be a tearjerker...

• Like 7

I watched the first episode and I love it. It has the right amount of melo, with family feuds, family and professional rivalries, sad and tragic pasts, and childhood dreams with a deft touch of lighthearted fun. Who would go around a hospital with an IV bag over her head? A person who just had an appendectomy eating kimbap and tteokbogi...the ''stalking'' and ''confrontation'' between the leads was cool and the chemistry between them was palpable.

This is going to  be another must-watch drama, aside from the fact that I like HJW. The story, basing on the first episode, draws you in. Since the story is about healing each other, I hope that it is not going to be overly dramatic but more on the side of light drama, with fulfilled dreams, new leash on life, and saving people of all ages through physical and emotional acts of kindness.

• Like 9

Watched both episodes...........so far loving it.......not overly complicated plot or conflict.......enough to fuel the drama and make an interesting story......I love Ha Ji Won and Yoon Kye Sang.....its a good human emotional journey story....not too mention the food....I hope somebody complies the food making here.......they are just lovely

• Like 8

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this show and both leads are likable to me. I hope Lee Kang will eventually quit his father’s family. They’re a lousy bunch of human beings.

The story about his friend took a surprising twist. I totally didn’t expect it. :tears:

Seems there is more to tell about Cha Young’s decision to leave for Greece. The preview sort of implies there’s more backstory to it and I’m looking forward to learning more. I can understand why she ran away. She probably felt that she couldn’t help falling for Lee Kang and now she was dating his best friend which means she would see him even more now. That timing was terrible. As soon as she accepted to date the best friend she found out Lee Kang is alive and right before her eyes. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, reddragon said:

I watched the first episode and I love it. It has the right amount of melo, with family feuds, family and professional rivalries, sad and tragic pasts, and childhood dreams with a deft touch of lighthearted fun. Who would go around a hospital with an IV bag over her head? A person who just had an appendectomy eating kimbap and tteokbogi...the ''stalking'' and ''confrontation'' between the leads was cool and the chemistry between them was palpable.

This is going to  be another must-watch drama, aside from the fact that I like HJW. The story, basing on the first episode, draws you in. Since the story is about healing each other, I hope that it is not going to be overly dramatic but more on the side of light drama, with fulfilled dreams, new leash on life, and saving people of all ages through physical and emotional acts of kindness.

Me too, I don't want only to cry ! I don't saw the 2nd ep but I love ep 1, I love the cute and funny moments and I like the development of the plot. It's a good start for drama and the rating for a pay channel is pretty high  3.475 percent nationwide and 4.243 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

Preview for 3 th ep 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have a question, what is Lee Jun's role in this dynamic. I mean Kang definitely is not aspiring to take over the hospital although he likes to grate Jun's nerve on occasion.  So, is he part of a love triangle with our heroine or just a friend to her/side story for Kang??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I have a question, what is Lee Jun's role in this dynamic. I mean Kang definitely is not aspiring to take over the hospital although he likes to grate Jun's nerve on occasion.  So, is he part of a love triangle with our heroine or just a friend to her/side story for Kang??

It seems that it will be a love triangle 

Image may contain: 4 people

cto.

• Like 2

Jun's suppose to be the older grandson but Kyung looks more mature LoL?:P And sheesh the cliched childhood sweethearts trope.:rolleyes: Kyung's grandma & Jun's parents are a bunch of thugs.:crazy: Can we just push Cha Young's bro off a cliff or something?! He's so annoying!! 

I was convinced Min Sung was crushing on Kyung more than him over Cha Young y'know what I mean LoL?!:w00t: He & Kyung had better chemistry tbh.:D Looks like Cha Young can't escape from Kyung as much as she'd hoped... so now it's just a matter of time before he begins to remember her. 

I'm guessing there's the cliched love triangle between Jun-Cha Young-Kyung..? Hopefully not but hey it's a K-Drama.;) I loved the actor when he was on Encounter. He looks more energetic here ha-ha! On Encounter he looked so depressed LoL. Oooh the sight of so much glorious food made my mouth water yum!:yum: Cha Young was kind of gross when she started eating Kyung's leftovers like wtf.:blink:  

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this show and both leads are likable to me. I hope Lee Kang will eventually quit his father’s family. They’re a lousy bunch of human beings.

The story about his friend took a surprising twist. I totally didn’t expect it. :tears:

Seems there is more to tell about Cha Young’s decision to leave for Greece. The preview sort of implies there’s more backstory to it and I’m looking forward to learning more. I can understand why she ran away. She probably felt that she couldn’t help falling for Lee Kang and now she was dating his best friend which means she would see him even more now. That timing was terrible. As soon as she accepted to date the best friend she found out Lee Kang is alive and right before her eyes. 

and here i was  falling for his nice friend lol...and wow surprise  for me too and poor CY ... small world sometimes.  That brother i would definitely make a gravy out of him.    Food looks beautiful and while outside of the restaurant she seems a bit scatter brain , once inside she is 100% professional and amazing.   As for his fathers' family i have never seen anything so abnormal in a long time.  No wonder they own a hospital , they are all mentally deranged starting from the mafia grand mother . 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

a drama about men with big hearts with all the burdens and struggles of life but still trying to put others first instead of themselves. beautiful...

it moved my heart when MS sobbed for mercy and justice for his best friend, not knowing that he's struggle with his illness himself. Jun who also had trauma but instead healed others and helped them overcome their trauma instead of his. and not to mention Kang that we already know how hard his life is but instead put others first. 

i'm so happy to know that they don't really play the amnesia card on Kang. Kang indeed lost his memory, or at least that is what implied in the story. but they made it look like Kang had forgotten about CY simply because they hadn't seen each other for quite a time (since they last meeting at the hospital), not because he had lost his memory due to the accident that had befallen him. in fact, i think the amnesia plot is used to "insert" the story of MS who turned out to be ill.

one thing i'm concerned is about Kang's words in his dream with his mother. when he said "i still have something to do, wait a little more". he said as if he told us to wait for his time to catch with his mom so she wasn't lonely. he really loves his mother after all. besides, i'm not sure that the explosion caused anything other than amnesia. Kang looked very very healthy and normal as a surviovr of a building explosion and was seriously injured. but if they will kill MS, will they also kill Kang? i think that would be too much. 

• Like 7

Kang and Cha Young are not childhood friends....they had met when they were young and Kang's genorosity and his mother's meal had profound effect on 'the starved to look good for tv debut' little girl. Its trope but not quite. Jun does look younger for eldest grandson then again Paul Rudd is 50 so good genes, I guess. So Cha Young merely escaped one ill fated love triangle to be thrownn into another one with Jun. How, we shall see...and yes, Cha Young really can't escape Kang even when she runs all the way to another side of the earth....might as well just see where it leads.

• Like 6

Wow, Cha Young's brother Tae Hyun is still acting like the brat he is when he was still a child. He was already vain back then. I initially thought that he's going to grow up gay.  He's annoying and would love to toss him into the Aegean Sea, but I don't want to pollute the sea's lovely azure waters.

I love the second episode as well. The Lee family, except for Kang who was raised with plenty of care and love by his mom who was not up to par on the financial and society scale as the Lee's, are a bunch of thugs who put wealth and social status first before anything else.

In the first episode, Kang said that he's going to give back to the Lee family everything that he and his mom received from them, with plenty of interest. That's why he told his mom to wait for him a little longer because he still has something to do (while he was fighting for his life in Libya).

Someone commented that Jun looked younger than Kang when the former is supposed to be the older cousin. Let's just say that Kang had to endure physical and mental abuse from his father's family, which forced him to mature faster, physically and mentally. He was forcibly taken to join the Lee family in Seoul, sent to school due to his birthright and that's it. His mom was not recognized as a DIL and possibly treated like a maid by the Lee's. Kang was forced to give up his dream of becoming a chef and forced to study medicine to follow his father's family tradition.

We have yet to know how Kang and Min Sung met and became best friends. I think Kang's amnesia is going to be used as the ploy for Kang to get closer to Cha Young because he'll be intrigued by her. Right now he doesn't like her for dumping Min Sung and leaving the country. Min Sung, who is now engaged to In Ju thinks that there's another man. Both men don't know that Kang is Cha Young's first love and probably the last.

Cha Young and Kang both have emotional scars that have not healed. Both their mothers died tragically in the collapse of a department store in 1995 (referring to the Sampoong Dept. Store collapse - June 29, 1995 - Wikipedia).

• Like 8

@Nymeria289

Were you responding to me? 'Cause I can't tell.. :rolleyes::phew::P

Well, that too OR they could've cast a much younger lookin' actor for the role. :P During the drama's press conference, Kye Sang looked 'bout the same age as Seung Jo so maybe it's the styling LoL. Also Kye Sang IS older than Seung Jo by 3 years. 

Most otp from K-dramas stem from some early childhood encounter so yes it is a trope.<_< Even the recent popular When The Camellia Blooms had this. So you get my point.  Some people are just born with youthful looks like Tom Hanks too. :P

@reddragon

Yea I'd like to know more into Min Sung & Kyung's friendship as well. He loved him like a brother. Very touching.. The drama mostly characterises Cha Young's bro as comic relief but I find him more annoying than funny. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

So far so good! If you think of it the first 2 episodes were just like a flashback or narrative. But the PD was able to execute it without making the audience feel bored. And its drama’s visual and OST are so amazing and very soothing, it is indeed a healing drama coz you’re finding comfort while enjoying your drama.

• Like 4

I am a bit confused?  The original character chart is this

20191119_134650_6318.jpg

There was no love line between Lee Jun and Cha Young?  It’s Kang’s friend (?) who is in love with her?

But the one @andra3 posted (see below) says there is?  Maybe they changed it?  I haven’t watched Ep2 yet. Will have to do so tonight.

59638262_328030564528708_301793886474592

• Like 2

:lol:.  They totally copied Love Actually in that scene where MinSeong used the tablet to express his feelings to ChaYoung.  But it was still sweet. :wub:

I am slightly surprised by the rapid pace of this drama...Lots of time jumps all within 2 episodes.  :o.  The acting is good though.  I like the characters.  And the scenes in Greece is just gorgeous.  I actually find it quite satisfying to see an actress eat indulgent food.  :lol:.  Most of them are rake thin and hardly eat anything.  There’s something very liberating to see CY eating chocolate, cake and other delicacies.  And she talks about her “belly fat” when she was trying to stave off MinSeong’s advances.  Seriously though, her assent to being his gf (?) was presumed?  I never actually heard her say, “yes”?  It was all implied because she didn’t give him an outright, “no”?  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

The filming is not an island, it's in Monemvasia on the Peloponese. Gorgeous place. 

I have to say, her Greek accent is 100% better than any English accent I have heard in any Korean drama. 

I almost fell off my chair. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 4

So far so good. I just hope we don't have to put up with the brother's antics too often. I'm at the end of my tether when it comes to this Korean idea of family royalty. My brothers aass would have sitting  in a Greek jail or at least playing slave at the restaurant where owes money,  even sleeping there till the bills paid. :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1