[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. But since I am not watching it why did SJ threatern the Chairman? I mean not seeing MR and grandchild? Aren't they back in the house?

I have another busy week ahead so not likely to make time to watch the full episodes. Maybe see the MH couple just to see the wedding dress?

But yeah MS father in law is nice. He is about the only sane, reasonable person in the whole drama. Even the taxi driver stint was logical.

KSY looks tired. She even looks thinner if it's possible and her foundation is getting thicker. I hope the cast gets a rest. The 2 crying main female leads needs a rest too. I feel drained just thinking about all the crying scenes prep and I am not even an actress.

HM was getting careless with her toyboy and IS confronted them at a club in some episode earlier. HM decided to leak the IS-MR secret to her regular leaky-reporter when TJ-IS called for a board meeting to takeover Hansung corp. With all the cafuffle, media, shouting etc., MR collapsed. Then SJ left her sickbed to confront the old man.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:45 PM, maribella said:

What is the next drama going to be?

I had watched Arthdale Chronicles but can't muster enough energy for this part. There are so many strange names and so difficult to remember, I need to keep going back to the first page to see who the character is. 

After this mother of mine, I would recommend some of the interesting drama (I am watching now) shown below but I am not sure if there are your favourite genres :

1. The Great Show - Romance comedy by handsome actor Song Seung Heon 

2. Stranger from Hell - Scary and thriller by Lee Dong Wook.

3.  Arthdale Chronicles - ending soon by next week, i know you are still struggling about the names, but it is worth spending time to watch such a great story. There may be season 2 coming. :D

4. Golden Garden - light hearted comedy drama by Lee Sang Woo (KSY's husband) 

5. Secret Boutique - since it was recommended by @larus

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

After this mother of mine, I would recommend some of the interesting drama (I am watching now) shown below but I am not sure if there are your favourite genres :

It is hard to recomand kdramas for anyone because we have different taste in dramas. There are so many kdramas and so little time. I am sure she will find one for her taste if she is looking a little. :D

Another female centric drama Be Melodramatic. :D

The cast finished filming but just a few pictures were released. I am looking forward to see the wrap up party pictures and the pictures from their trip if they will go.

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

Ratings

Saturday 27%, 30%

Sunday 30,7%, 34,7%

@larus

That's correct, I have only recommended the drama list of different genres and the actor names, the choice will still leave it to our pretty chingu @maribella :D

But I will try to find time to watch your recommended "secret boutique" to see if it's good. 

I may watch a new drama Love's Emergency Landing by Hyun-Bin and Son Ye Jin, another RC drama. Let's see if we meet in another forum. :)

Lastly, your kind effort and selfless sharing in putting up your comments and pictures and news that related to this drama are highly appreciated. :wub:

Thank you both. I like detective plus a bit of supernatural like the guest. Enjoyed that greatly. But melo stuff are ok too. Afraid I became the 'critical' viewer for many shows eg. The unknown woman. :joy: I still find it funny. But once I start watching, it is so very difficult to drop.

I don't have too much imagination, so in Gangnam beauty, I could not imagine her to be an 18 year old freshman. I didn't find her pretty at all. Had to drop that.

I don't like noona dramas. Mother of mine is not really a noona drama. MR is more mature and she does look older to me than TJ. I think it's because she is thin and her face lacks fat. But she is very good looking and her character is a capable career woman which I really like. More importantly, we did not get much of the noble idiot in this show, except for an episode or two. So will take a sneak at your recommendations @lebeaucouple

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I don't like noona dramas. Mother of mine is not really a noona drama. MR is more mature and she does look older to me than TJ. I think it's because she is thin and her face lacks fat. But she is very good looking and her character is a capable career woman which I really like. More importantly, we did not get much of the noble idiot in this show, except for an episode or two.

I don`t like noona romance  (or a huge difference of age when the man is much older ) but I don`t dislike them either. I watch and then I see if it is work for me. The story is very important. As I said, I don`t chose noona romances per se but two of the dramas I will watch soon have a noona-donsaeng relationship. :lol:

Kim So yeon always looked mature because of her sharp facial features but no matter how some prickly people say about her, she is a beautiful woman anyway. Even older woman can be pretty.

I am glad that people of this thread kept the discussions meaningful. It was a pleasure to read everyone`s comments.

Funny thing about SoYeon. When she was younger, (like 18-20), she played older women (even 10 years older than her age). She was paired with older actors. For exemple, at 24 she was paired with a 15 years her senior.  Now, she is getting younger partners. :lol:

In this drama, her partner had to be her junior because of the script. :) I like the pair of Mi ri and Tae Joo and I think Kim So yeon and Hong Jong Hyun made a bealiveble couple on screen. Of course, they could not pleased everybody.

Hong Jong Hyun selfie with the last script.

1 hour ago, larus said:

In this drama, her partner had to be her junior because of the script. I like the pair of Mi ri and Tae Joo and I think Kim So yeon and Hong Jong Hyun made a bealiveble couple on screen. Of course, they could not pleased everybody.

KSY/HJH chemistry is really good in this drama. Because of the actual age gap (about 9 yrs) they made HJH look more mature eg his hairstyle. They do made a believable couple. 

@larus and @maribella

I don't mind watching noona romance but the story is the key, follow by the pairing, they must have chemistry, not only outlook , but also their interaction.

KSY and HJH have chemistry in this drama especially in the beginning part of the office romance.

HJH is not handsome, but he has a cute face, a mischievous smiling face when looking at MR, he has an irresistible charm suitable for all age of women  (SJ and IS also like him) :D

I like KSY in this Alpha female role, with great taste in fashion and hair do, she looks even prettier in this drama.

I would like her next drama in a comedy role, no more crying scene for her pls....

The best if she can be in a fashion designer role in a next comedy drama....:w00t:

10 minutes ago, melissa_lee said:

Because of the actual age gap (about 9 yrs) they made HJH look more mature eg his hairstyle. They do made a believable couple. 

I think they had a hard time to cast an actor to fit the role and to make a good pair with Soyeon. :D

Hong Jong Hyun made a good pair with other older actresses before this drama so it was good that he was available and that he decided to join the cast.

6 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

HJH is not handsome, but he has a cute face, a mischievous smiling face when looking at MR, he has an irresistible charm suitable for all age of women  (SJ and IS also like him) 

Cute face, mischievous smile, irresistable charm... that  is handsome in my book.  :D

17 minutes ago, larus said:

I think they had a hard time to cast an actor to fit the role and to make a good pair with Soyeon. :D

Hong Jong Hyun made a good pair with other older actresses before this drama so it was good that he was available and that he decided to join the cast.

Cute face, mischievous smile, irresistable charm... that  is handsome in my book.  :D

My definition of handsome includes the look and height, his feature does not have the manly look, only boyish look and his side-view has American cartoon look. Same for the SJ's brother,  has a western cartoon look, I hope someone can imagine what i am trying to describe. :lol::w00t:

Talking about the 1st male lead, i came across few ones in mind (younger actor) to pair up with KSY, but eventually they chose HJH, still not a bad choice, they do have chemistry on screen. They indeed made a lovely couple on screen...:wub:

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

@larus and @maribella

I don't mind watching noona romance but the story is the key, follow by the pairing, they must have chemistry, not only outlook , but also their interaction.

KSY and HJH have chemistry in this drama especially in the beginning part of the office romance.

HJH is not handsome, but he has a cute face, a mischievous smiling face when looking at MR, he has an irresistible charm suitable for all age of women  (SJ and IS also like him) :D

I like KSY in this Alpha female role, with great taste in fashion and hair do, she looks even prettier in this drama.

I would like her next drama in a comedy role, no more crying scene for her pls....

The best if she can be in a fashion designer role in a next comedy drama....:w00t:

She is 9 years older? And the MH is actually 26 when I googled. Some excused her overacting for her age but I have watched younger actresses who were excellent. 

I have not watched KSY before, maybe for a few episodes in IRIS. Why do they use that very red lipstick? It is too strong for her  and it made her look older I think.

I think HJH has a lovely smile, it changes his look completely. That is why he could play bad characters as in scarlet heart.

The Koreans seem to put a lot of importance on ranking by age, and I saw my sister something with Lee Bo Young which seemed forced in their interactions.  I hastened to add that it was very popular and I am quite bad in choosing dramas. 

I think I am going to watched old shows for a while. Rewatched all about mom.

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

My definition of handsome includes the look and height, his feature does not have the manly look, only boyish look and his side-view has American cartoon look.

I understand what you say. I prefere manly look on actors as well but I still can say a man can look handsome if he is not my type.

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Talking about the 1st male lead, i came across few ones in mind (younger actor) to pair up with KSY, but eventually they chose HJH, still not a bad choice, they do have chemistry on screen.

I actually thought that they wanted to pair her with WGM partner at first but they could not get him. It was not the first time when they chose the couples from that variety show for a drama. But I think for this particular role, HJH was a good choice.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

She is 9 years older? And the MH is actually 26 when I googled. Some excused her overacting for her age but I have watched younger actresses who were excellent. 

She is ten years older. Technically is 9 years and 3 months older. And it is her second pair with a ten years younger actor. :D

Maybe the actress doesn`t have much experience but she was supposed to play an immature character. Look how Mi Hye reacted when Mi Sun hit her with the food. Even Sun ja said that her daughter is immature.

The Koreans seem to put a lot of importance on ranking by age, and I saw my sister something with Lee Bo Young which seemed forced in their interactions.

I think you talk about I Can Hear Your Voice drama with Lee Bo Young and Lee Jong Suk. Another ten years old difference on actor`s age. It was a noona romance also. I did not watched the drama but many people enjoyed the pairing.

Why we talk so much about KSY and HJH age different but not mention the same difference or more between KHH and KTY from the same show? Kim Ha Hyung is 26 but she played a 32 years old character. She also was paired with an older actor. But we should not comment so much on the actors age.

I think they still got a good cast, that fits the script.

Why do they use that very red lipstick?

I`ve watched Search: WWW drama not long ago and I saw that the carreer women on that show also wore strong red/color lipstick.

Mi Ri was an independent woman, not easy to approach,  a profesionist who was not afraid to show herself that she is confident. We gradually show her vulnerable side and the tone of the lipstick became more natural. 

Not to forgot that this show has advertisements. In real life she was the model for Guerlain lipstick Kiss Kiss. I remember someone asked what kind of lipstick she wore in the drama. She even brought that violet lipstick she wore in the show. The lipstick stood out.

01.20524089.1.jpg

Kim So-yeon and Kang Sung-yeon mentioned Choi Jae-won.

Choi Jae-won appeared in MBC's "Human Documentary People Are Good" broadcast on the afternoon of the 17th.

Choi Jae-won visited the last filming site of KBS2's weekend drama, “The Most Beautiful Daughter in the World.”

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/201909175865H

BTS

671086_377565_213.jpg

Kim So yeon and Kang Sung-yeon said , "Choi, Jae - Won seniors are Hugh Grant, good manners, readiness Good!"

Choi Jae-won's reputation as a celebrity man who has worked hard and worked at home on this day is nicknamed “Conscience Man.” His close fellow entertainers are busy praising him together.

On that day, Choi Jae-won headed to the final shooting site of the KBS2 weekend drama, 'The Most Beautiful Daughter in the World'.

On this day, Choi Jae-won expressed his regret that he prepared for the last filming of KBS2 weekend drama “My Beautiful Daughter in the World” and said, “I am sad because of the weather.” He then greeted Kim So-yeon, who met in the hallway of the station. When Kim So-yeon said, “He`s the best brother,” Choi Jae-won praised Kim So-yeon as an “incarnation of concentration.” So Kim said, “It's Hugh Grant from 'Segelye.' It's my first time seeing it, but I learn a lot. ”

In addition, Kang Sung-yeon, who is appearing together, said, Please always open the door without going first. ” It is said that the villain is an enemy with all the mouths, but the actual appearance of Choi Jae-won is the opposite of the drama.

Kang also said, “Good manners. He always opens the door without going first, ”compliments Choi's manners.

Google translate

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=671086

http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2019&no=738485&refer=portal

8 hours ago, maribella said:

I have not watched KSY before, maybe for a few episodes in IRIS. Why do they use that very red lipstick? It is too strong for her  and it made her look older I think.

I think I am going to watched old shows for a while. Rewatched all about mom.

I would recommend Falling for Innocence (2015). The drama is warm and enjoyable. KSY's portrayal of a professional secretary is impeccable.

Archived