Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

My father-in-law and his brother died of lung cancer and they were both non-smokers.

I knew a non-smoker who died of lung cancer too but this is a drama and some posters are always reading a message in KDs ( which I never do), they may be right there is a message. Maybe there is a message here? 

• Like 1

While most people disappointed with the writer to go on the story pathway for SJ's lung cancer, I have different opinion on that. I believe writer's intent is to put it a tragic way for audience to remember SJ's death is a big hit to all her daughters and that will leave a sad memory but a mindful learning lesson for all of them.

Why the writer chose the sadness path instead of happy path, few ways to look at it :

1.  A mindful learning message that related to our daily life, most people take their beloved ones for granted especially our dear mother, until they realised a big loss if their mum got severe illness or hospitalised. 

2. A new study suggests that we recall bad memories more easily and in greater details than good ones for perhaps evolutionary reasons, because negative emotions like "fear and sadness trigger" increased activity in a part of the brain linked to memories. When the memories are deepen, we will miss the person even longer, the impact for sad ending is greater than the happy ending. SJ role carries an alert function that reminds all of us that we should treasure our beloved ones when they are still alive before it is too late.

3. We tend to choose happy ending is because our life is too hectic, a lively and comic ending is most people preferred. Using sad emotional appeal (like all sisters crying scene and SJ struggling to die due to suffering in pain) is to persuade audience by connecting to their sadness that involving death .....

4. The Writer put in many familiar scenes in the last ep 50 which happened in our surrounding friends and relatives. Scenes that shown three sisters had a discussion and argument whether to put their mum for further treatment, and SJ overheard other people conversation (outside the hospital bed) arguing among themselves that who should take care of their parents and who to share the burden cost, etc. These are so real happening cases in our life.

5. An intentional role - the greatest mother (SJ), with her unconditional love to all her daughters that planned out by the writer, in order to make it more impressive in the story, she has to be in a sacrifice role, unfortunately. Unless the writer extends her life until seeing MH got married and MR gave birth.

Ask ourselves truthfully, which one will you remember the most sad ending or happy ending ? For me, i always remb the sad ending, eg. Previous Kdrama Mama (2014) acted by Song Yoon Ah and Hong Jong Hyun (who is TJ now), story also involving a dying mum and it made me crying like a baby...

The story has flaws, and I don't deny it on the draggy part, but something that can relate to us in our daily life exists, and we should be mindful and grateful on what we have now. :)

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

Ki Tae Young Talks About His Marriage To Eugene, Reveals How He Chose The Drama Where They Met

Sep 12, 2019
by C. Hong
9cbe8f7ce998451392708802173dfbc7.jpeg?s=
[...]

Ki Tae Young is currently acting in the drama “Mother of Mine.” Of his character, Kim Woo Jin, he said, “He’s cold on the outside but there’s a lot of inner pain. He put up a wall in order to protect himself. I liked portraying his restrained emotions.”

In his previous roles, Ki Tae Young had played romantic, well-mannered leads, and this was his first time playing a tsundere (cold on the outside, warm on the inside) character. He said, “The older ladies around me asked me why I was playing such a prickly character, but my wife said that this was my real self. When I first told her about the role, she joked, ‘You can just be like usual then.'”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1351815wpp/ki-tae-young-talks-about-his-marriage-to-eugene-reveals-how-he-chose-the-drama-where-they-met

• Like 5

On 9/9/2019 at 6:13 AM, ck1Oz said:

Ah I see.  The plot doesn't involve me so much anymore that I watch it when I can. I haven't been watching with subs for awhile. I just glaze over when IS or the Chairman whines or cries. Depending on who it is. MS needs to grow up. All I hear is her tone when I listen to her. She is a mother and she sounds so put upon. It she she is a college graduate why is the writer making it a great deal of a career as a customer service officer. That's what they call a bank teller now right? Not a loan officer. Or a branch manager. It's not as if she is ambigious. Hire a nanny and work overtime. She got a helper but she was doing personal stuff in her free time instead. It's not as if she was studying etc for promotion.

I didn't agree with this whole MS was wrong to stop working saga.  It is her choice.  And to me, if you can afford it, its always best if a parent is the primary carer.  Why work so  hard, even doing OT just to afford hiring a nanny to look after your child.  But not every household can survive on a single income.  That decision is for MS and her husband to make.  Whether her Mom slaved in the restaurant to send her to university is immaterial.  I know doctors and lawyers who gave up their professional career to be their kids primary carer; both men and women.  It would have been more meaningful if the writer stressed that women shouldn't necessarily be the primary carer rather than woman should go out to work and not raise their children themselves.  As if raising their own kid is something less worthy than being out in the corporate jungle.   

Last week, a good friend of mine passed away  of lung cancer.  He was only 33 years old.  he also was told he had 3 months to live but he died just slightly after a month.  He went through the usual stages - denial, anger etc.  but at the end, he said he was grateful that he was given 'notice' as he said it was important to prepare for death.  And he was very grateful he had the time to say goodbye to his family and loved ones.  I contrast his and his family dignity, love and cohesiveness as he prepared to ascend to a higher plane of existence with that of this drama and really I don't plan to watch any more scenes of this in this drama.  

• Like 4

i gave up on the weekly chase of this drama less than halfway through and now came back to check on the ending :sweat_smile: so the verdict, is it still worth going back to ep40+ and watch or i should just watch the last few episodes? :neutral:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

so the verdict, is it still worth going back to ep40+ and watch or i should just watch the last few episodes?

If you`ve already quit watching, then you should watch the last episodes.

BTS

Yoo Sun and Ye Rim

On 9/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, sadthe1st said:

i gave up on the weekly chase of this drama less than halfway through and now came back to check on the ending :sweat_smile: so the verdict, is it still worth going back to ep40+ and watch or i should just watch the last few episodes? :neutral:

I think you can start from ep 85 to the end. 

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Preview

I love that they will go on a trip together. They should have went more often. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

I hope Mi Hye 's wedding dress is not as ugly as I think it is in the preview I saw.

I also thought that the dress is out of fashion.  But I did not saw the whole dress. Maybe she wore her mother`s wedding dress. That would be sweet and explain why she chose that dress. I remember a scene where she was looking at the wedding dresses from a magazine. No way, she found a dress like that in those magazines. :D

but, I think she still looks good in that dress. Too bad she can`t be 100% happy at the event. Seeing Sun ja happy to see her youngest daughter marry a good man, it doesn`t really matter how she looks at the event. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I hope Mi Hye 's wedding dress is not as ugly as I think it is in the preview I saw.

SJ didn't seem happy about MH's and WJ's choice to have a small wedding, maybe she took over the whole preparation thing. 
I don't know if that dress is MH's choice... she didn't look happy wearing it...:tears:
But it makes sense, MH is not a modern refined young lady, WJ is a gentleman who puts honor above everything, they are going to get married but didn't even kissed yet, their love story is more like a 19th century one, so the old-fashioned dress fits.:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I completely agree with you! That was one UGLY dress!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am saying goodbye to this drama

Who is preparing for the next one???

I am but I really hope it is a lot better than this one.

• Like 2

Last nite's episode was still good. The inimitable SJ! This drama tells us that life is to be celebrated, whether you die at 60 or 80 is secondary.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I hate to give up having this much time invested in it. I am sticking with it until the end.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I need to catch up on about 3 completed dramas. No time to wait. However there is one upcoming drama with the guy from www.

I am girding my loins trying to work out if I am watching this week's episodes. WJ has been divorced and marriage shy. Then why did he agree to marry after such a short dating period?

@O there is nothing wrong staying home. It's the way MS sounds so put upon. Most everyone I know go on 1yr parental leave followed by part- time work. And we all have good careers. But it's the way the writer makes MS who graduated from ? University or good University sound so disorganized. My kids are still fairly young and I work part- time by choice. That's why her constant poor planning either time management, finances or work commitments-wisw make a mockery of being a so- called working woman. She should just be more frugal and spend less. And coach her kid instead of spending expensive tuition on a child who's in kindy for crying out loud.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I need to catch up on about 3 completed dramas. No time to wait. However there is one upcoming drama with the guy from www.

I am girding my loins trying to work out if I am watching this week's episodes. WJ has been divorced and marriage shy. Then why did he agree to marry after such a short dating period?

@O there is nothing wrong staying home. It's the way MS sounds so put upon. Most everyone I know go on 1yr parental leave followed by part- time work. And we all have good careers. But it's the way the writer makes MS who graduated from ? University or good University sound so disorganized. My kids are still fairly young and I work part- time by choice. That's why her constant poor planning either time management, finances or work commitments-wisw make a mockery of being a so- called working woman. She should just be more frugal and spend less. And coach her kid instead of spending expensive tuition on a child who's in kindy for crying out loud.

Yes, I agree with this.  But  I am talking about the drama.  It's not just one scene but several that SJ wailed and hit MS.  She said that she didn't send her to several years of university study just to be a stay-at-home Mom.  She screamed at MS that MS should have gotten her approval before she quit her job!  I know that most of you love SJ the most in this drama.  I don't.  I feel she is too involved in her daughters lives.  She can't cut the apron strings and let them make their own decisions.  

• Like 1

SJ really gave it to the Chairman. She told him that he almost killed her unborn grand child - causing him to choke snd splutter again- and he was not going to see her daughter or grandchild. The best part was when she threatened to take him with her when she died in 3 months. His face was really something to watch. After telling him what she thought of him, in the drive back with MS, SJ and MS both tried to come to terms with SJ's chemo.

IS and MR bore the brunt of the leaked secret but TJ told IS to proceed with the shareholders meeting while he handled the press. More lovey dovey stuff between WJ and MH. I still don't care for that couple but it is good that the writer kept them formal with each other. They just knew each other for a short while anyway.

JB refused to go away..... he is back helping uncle unload things for the restaurant. MH forgot her shift at the hospital and SJ spent the night alone. IS did visit her.

MS and others realised that SJ wanted to go home and it looked like she did in the preview.

I was rather reluctant to watch the episodes since melodrama was rife last week. It  was much better, with touching scenes  rather than tears galore - SJ and MS at the lake for example.

The preview showed the family on an outing, smiling and laughing. Could be SJ's swansong.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, sadthe1st said:

my dear pretty Chingu, few words of advice, there are few things you can do while watching :

1. Fast forward key, skip those you do not wish to see or choose scenes that you are only interested in :D

2. If you feel that you have deep connection with the story while watching especially involving a dying mum preparing to leave the world , then stay on.

3. If you think you have been appreciating all the veteran actors in this drama all these while, except the storyline is too draggy, then stay on till the end.

4. If you can try to understand the context of each character's behaviour, especially SJ's role, from a different perspective, you can stay on. [In her context, a mother (without a husband) set up a soup shop for the past 30 years to raise 3 daughters by her own, she is not an educated mum, and only knows how to scream and pull her daughter's hair while angry. She has temper but all she knows is to fight and stand her ground to protect her children all these while until death. She has flaws in her character, because nobody is perfect. A modern view may say she is too involved in her daughters' life and did not go out to enjoy life by herself. This is correct, but still, there are this type of traditional mum exist in this world. A single mum who is willing to spend her whole life revolving only daughters' life and her shop until realised her life is come to end soon. She is a strong woman.] 

5. If the story or some scenes can bring you an inspiring facts about life to help you be mindful and more at peace in life, then stay on till the end. Don't give up.

Life is short, whenever how busy and how tiring our life is, treat ourselves and our beloved ones with love and kindness. :)

• Like 8