Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

I got to say this particular chairman is the most mentally limited evil heartless billionaire I've come across in drama.

In most dramas the evil chairman is very cunning.  In this drama the evil chairman is loud.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

I feel like I've been waiting for TJ to grow up and develop instead of relying on his wife and mother.... He's going to be the successor of Hansung some day and it seems like he still doesn't have a strong backbone against the evil step mother... I mean it's okay he's just going to be the emotional support role for mother and MR... but i wish there was some development to him too. 

Like... he didn't quit on purpose. He had some plan up his sleeve to reveal the evil step-mother family. It's a little pathetic that MR is back at work again, while being pregnant to protect and save her husband who should be a capable man on his own... This frustrates me a lot... 

MR is probably the strongest person in the family right now... she has the brains, the guts, and the cards to play. And now that she's pregnant it's like she has an immunity shield against all things bad from the chairman to the evil-step family. But I wish there was more... The step family really deserves something more then a stupid apology. Or maybe I am just expecting too much... 

On the other hand, I like how MR's hair is longer now... it suits her much more... 

maybe the ending will be TJ being a happy stay at home dad, and passing all work, succession, stock role to MR? 

I don't know... TJ's biggest accomplishment so far is marrying a strong woman who will help his family business thrive is the feeling I get... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bananacad said:

I feel like I've been waiting for TJ to grow up and develop instead of relying on his wife and mother.... He's going to be the successor of Hansung some day and it seems like he still doesn't have a strong backbone against the evil step mother... I mean it's okay he's just going to be the emotional support role for mother and MR... but i wish there was some development to him too. 

Like... he didn't quit on purpose. He had some plan up his sleeve to reveal the evil step-mother family. It's a little pathetic that MR is back at work again, while being pregnant to protect and save her husband who should be a capable man on his own... This frustrates me a lot... 

That's the virtue of TJ - straightforward and not scheming. He never hide his dislike for NHM. Workwise he has a sharp learning curve and that's where MR is his mentor. He got excellent EQ and will do well. Recall the scene where he met the other executives from the subsidiaries and he handled them well. Of course being the chairman's son helps. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

That's the virtue of TJ - straightforward and not scheming. He never hide his dislike for NHM. Workwise he has a sharp learning curve and that's where MR is his mentor. He got excellent EQ and will do well. Recall the scene where he met the other executives from the subsidiaries and he handled them well. Of course being the chairman's son helps. 

I agree. It is alright for me if Tae Joo is not the Big Knight in shining armour. He is naive sometimes but he has strength as well. He never hesitated to tell his step mother what he thinks of her.

About the business, Mi Ri is better than Tae Joo and I like that the writer did not make him grow in a sharp business man over night. Mi Ri has years of experience and I really like that she became the president of Hansung Apparel and not Tae Joo. She has more expertise in business than her husband.  People at work and the business partners trust her. She has earned that trust over the years because she was good at her work. She managed to become the youngest director in Hansung Apparel on her merit and not because she inherit the title.  I apreciate that the writer let a women shine in this drama. 

If Chairman Han is the biggest fool and he doesn`t see the reality, that is his problem.

• Like 8

Sad to say this but I am quite sure SJ is dying. Her x-ray shows some irregularity.  Maybe IS is meant to takeover the restaurant. If SJ has heart problems or liver, I can still expect IS to be killed and SJ gets whatever body parts. But I don't think lungs' transfer is in KD scripts.

MR and TJ are getting huggy and kissy now, so those of you who thought being a married actress is hampering her, you are wrong. :) 

Why are we getting more melodramatics from the WJ-MH coupling? 'Nagging and selfish' says WJ, I do so agree. They have known each other for a few months and confessed their love for even less, and she demands marriage. My prediction is he will leave for the US and she will either unashamedly chase after him or she will stay in Seoul and continue to contort her face. But no MH-JB hook up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

During the press conference the PD mentioned that there will not be "liver or die" so I remain optimistic that SJ will be spared. Her illness will be used to remind all that SJ is growing old and the children should not take their mother for granted (sometimes we are guilty of that).

But I really wish that this drama does not go down the route of "terminal illness".

• Like 4

SJ's illness is she is too involved in her daughters lives.  All that wailing and melodramatics!  The part where MS told her she was planning to quit and SJ went into hysterics.  I wish I could reach out, smack her across the face and yell "shut the hell up".  In the early episodes, she screamed at her for not quitting her job and raising DB.  Now she screamed at her for planning to do so.  Whatever the daughters do, SJ is always there to make a drama out of it.  I am sick of her.  Frankly, I couldn't care less if she dropped dead.  Living with a mother like her must be exhausting.

I find it difficult to feel much sympathy for MS and what she has to go through with her mother, her MIL and her childish irresponsible son.  Because MS always comes across as though she's on a higher level.  She too has her faults but its as if she has none!  I don't much like her character and usually fast forward when I see her grumpy face on the screen.

It's no wonder the childish MH has to contort her face living under the same roof as SJ!  SJ's over-the-top reactions are enough to make me cringe so why shouldn't her daughter do facial contortions as a way to relieve stress! WJ was a married man and it's kind of a shock that he equates MH's childishness with 'purity'.  One wonders if he ever exchanged a kiss with his wife!  She has chased after him every step of the way.  My guess is that they will be apart for awhile and he would have to do the chasing to get her back.  Why anyone would want her is beyond me though! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, O said:

My guess is that they will be apart for awhile and he would have to do the chasing to get her back.  Why anyone would want her is beyond me though! 

That is possible. KDs like to throw curve balls and I dread it, oh the thought of that smirk on MH's face if WJ makes a U turn... :crazy:

P/s MH could always leave home and work as a checkout girl while working on her literary career if she can't take her mum's histrionics. But no, she stays and contorts her face.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

But I really wish that this drama does not go down the route of "terminal illness".

It is the depressing trop  they usually use. I hate it.

I am sure Sun ja has lung cancer but I hope it is not advanced and they can treat her. We all know that cancer is a nasty illness and a small percent of people survive in the long term.

Sun Ja is an overbearing mother sometimes but she is a good woman. She is reasonable when she calms down. Sun ja has a lot of heart. I wish she lived her life  and not lived only for her daughters and taking care of restaurant and worrying for her younger brother. 

I was so sad when she talked about wanted to live for more 50 years to take cares of her granchildren too, knowing that it is possible that she won`t make it to see Mi Ri`s child. Life is indeed short.

The writer gaves different kind of mothers and women types.

Mi Sun`s mother in law was in the beginning unbearable (now it is much better as a character) but I always approved that she made time for herself (she watched television, meeting with friends, taking golf courses, traveling, she was stylish). Sun ja is the kind of mother who puts everyone first but herself. There has to be a balance.

Sun ja is happy when she sees that her family is alright, they are happy. I am sad that the writer gave her this faith (a serious illness). I want Sun ja to not keep for herself her illness (not to worry her family). Let see how the writer will managed this story until the end. I hope she can balance the depressing story well.

• Like 2

I always enjoy watching Mi Ri provoking Na Do Jin "palpitations".

No wonder that he fears more Mi Ri than InSook. He doesn`t have a chance in a direct confrontation.

He looks like a clown in front of her. :lol:

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

The actors from Hansung Marketing team are eating together.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, larus said:

It is the depressing trop  they usually use. I hate it.

I am sure Sun ja has lung cancer but I hope it is not advanced and they can treat her. We all know that cancer is a nasty illness and a small percent of people survive in the long term.

I recall All About My Mum (2015 weekend drama) starring Lee Sang-Woo, Eugene and Go Doo-Shin. The mum played by Go succumbed to liver cancer at the end. sigh!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

I recall All About My Mum (2015 weekend drama) starring Lee Sang-Woo, Eugene and Go Doo-Shin. The mum played by Go succumbed to liver cancer at the end. sigh!

So it is posible that the writer won`t give us the fairy tale ending after all. :tears:

• Sad 2

If the writer wants to be realistic, SJ would die. I know a few personally and of many who died of lung cancer. When they found out, it was stage 4. Just coughing and hard to breathe for 5-6 months.

They can  make it TB, but it may sound too 3rd world. Now, that can be cured.

• Like 1

Basically someone always dies in every 50 epi drama. How original *smh* . The story's getting boring every week and if it wasn't for publisher Jin, I'd have ditched this show long time back. It started off really well and went into a train wreck lol 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Undisclosed poster surprise reveal

It looks like Ki Tae Young has taken a photo shoot with bnt.

Yoo Sun uploaded a picture.

"Everybody filmed today very hard
Let's eat and eat delicious things.
You bought steamed chicken ~
Mom the best ~ ❤"

The girls are having dinner together. I love it. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I can't figure out the layout of the house and where/how everyone is accommodated.

Okay, so my question is does NaDo live in NHM(the chairman's wife)'s closet?

I mean every time NHM gets a piece of information she goes back to (what I think is her bedroom) and NaDo is there.  I'm sure the chairman wouldn't feel right with them sharing a room, so I can only assume that NaDo lives in NHM's closet. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Okay, so my question is does NaDo live in NHM(the chairman's wife)'s closet?

I mean every time NHM gets a piece of information she goes back to (what I think is her bedroom) and NaDo is there.  I'm sure the chairman wouldn't feel right with them sharing a room, so I can only assume that NaDo lives in NHM's closet. 

Best laugh today.

Na Do Jin has to sneak on the chairman`s house to talk with his sister or he just like confined spaces to stay to feel safe. He hides in closet like children when they are playing hide-and-seek. Either way, it shows how imature this man is. I can imagine how chairman would give such a man an executive job at his firm.  No matter that he never proved that he is competent at something.

Now, after Mi Ri and Tae Joo left the house, Na Do jin has breakfast with the chairman and his sister.

I guess, he is confident to leave the closet now. :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Coffee truck for Hong Jong Hyun

and Nam Tae Boo

Spoiler

201908231180394501_1.jpg

BTS

Kim Ha Kyung and pretty dog

• Like 2