Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

15 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

I am so sad to see MR in a wedding gown with that face :(

The saddest wedding scene ever.

She decided to marry him so it was her choice. When Tae Joo will find out that she marry him just for pity he will be very hurt. I know that she loves him too but right now they are not on the same page. SAD.

Unnecessary drama ...again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wooahhh ... that's such a weird trajectory halfway through the drama.  I think the problem with this show is the under developed plot and characters.  The drama is just being carried by amazing actors and actresses.  I am mainly watching it for TJ and Miri but I think I almost want to slap TJ in the head today and ask him why he doesn't realise his bride was so sad.  Such an insensitive bloke.  I had a thought today seeing that MH called JB when in the moment of crisis.  She didn't call WJ, possibly because she is not there relationally with him yet.  But it is kinda sad if you think about it how that parallel with MS' in laws.  They are married but yet the person they confide their inner most desires is not their spouse but someone else.  MO with the con man and the husband with the pharmacist.  

I think it is stupid and ridiculous to hang a whole drama on a birth secret plot.  This drama felt like it had been a 200 episode drama condensed into 100 episode or it perhaps it was a 25 episode drama but lengthen to 100 episodes.  Just crazy but as long as they give me some happy TJ and MR scene, I will hang in there and see what happened to them in the end.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, larus said:

I have no words for this episode. WTH?

We have a wedding and all I want to say is.... depresing. But life goes on.

Tae Joo brought Mi ri to dinner in han family house. It was an awkard dinner. I wanted to say to her to run the fast she can. Well too late...next scene.... she is already married.

I get that Mi Ri`s family was not happy with the marriage but it was Mi Ri`s decision. Mi Sun did not allow Da Bin to speak with her aunt because she was disappointed with her sister. It is too much.

Next... instead being a happy wedding, the bride and her family were so sad like they were at a funeral. So, no happy wedding for me to see.

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together. I knew there will be hard times too but I wanted to see them overcome the hardship together. 

This writer hates me/us. Why did she bring all this unnecessary drama?

I wanted to hug Dae-Cheol. Being in an old age is not easy. I hope he and his wife will talk and resolve their miscommunication.

Why are the Kangs unhappy? 

MR is sad? I really don't understand this show. :huh:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

Why are the Kangs unhappy? 

MR is sad? I really don't understand this show. :huh:

I don`t understand it either. :w00t:

I did not watch with subtitles so I don`t know what they said.  I assume that Sun ja is sad because she knows that Mi ri won`t be happy in that family, especially since In Sook is part of the family. Mi sun is sad because she feels like In sook sold her biological daughter for her own interest. She agrees with her mother too.

Mi Ri is sad because she is doing this just for Tae Joo and Sun ja did not aprove what she wanted to do. She doesn`t really want to enter in Han family but she saw that In sook can`t do anything and Tae Joo looked like a prey in front of the wolves. Because the Chairman wanted the marriage to happen she could not refuse without telling In Sook`s secret. 

In fact.... everyone are sad because of one person.... In Sook. Her secret made everyone miserable.

I just want the secret to be reveal soon. No matter what happens next I want this stupid secret to be discovered by everyone. ASAP.

8 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

who are all these kids that they show with the actors and actresses?

I think they take pictures with the actors because they were lucky to be there while the actors have a shooting. Some of the kids are child actors and they have small scenes in the drama.

In today episode, I saw the children I saw earlier in a picture on set. They were kids who wanted to buy Jin soo`s toys. :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, larus said:

In fact.... everyone are sad because of one person.... In Sook. Her secret made everyone miserable.

Even TJ was kinda of sad because her. :sweat_smile: 

It’s not because the secret, of course. 

I think he wanted she in the place of his mom in his marriage, not Chairman’s wife.

@angelwingssf I’m curious too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

It’s not because the secret, of course. 

I think he wanted she in the place of his mom in his marriage, not Chairman’s wife.

yeah... it was a scene in a drama where Tae Joo wanted In Sook at the wedding instead of step mother .

Han family has a complicated family relationship. :lol:

If Tae Joo and Mi ri will get out of Han family mansion, I wish to see them helping at Sun ja`s restaurant. :) But, of course, the writer never gives me what I want.

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, larus said:

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together. I knew there will be hard times too but I wanted to see them overcome the hardship together. 

This writer hates me/us. Why did she bring all this unnecessary drama?

I wanted to hug Dae-Cheol. Being in an old age is not easy. I hope he and his wife will talk and resolve their miscommunication.

I had high hopes because of earlier romantic scenes between our OTP.  Sadly like you, i am left to bleed dry. Sigh... why do i have a bad feeling that IS and the writer are one and the same? Finding excuses now and again. This must be her biopic. Such a waste of episodes and airtime. 

Dae-Chol the character is poignant. I hope we all can learn from this and be good to our life partners till it’s time to go. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

We have a wedding and all I want to say is.... depresing. But life goes on.

instead being a happy wedding, the bride and her family were so sad like they were at a funeral. So, no happy wedding for me to see.

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together.

The wedding was so blah. There were more tears in here than a funeral indeed. Don’t they have flower girls and bridesmaids in Korean wedding receptions?  

Were they going on a honeymoon? I hope the writer gives our OTP a breather and let them have couple time before another war begins. 

Today, the redeeming moment was the han river scene. :wub::blush::heart:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Today, the redeeming moment was the han river scene. :wub:

Yeah it was sweet but I was cheering them to kiss. Well... they did not kiss but they had, at least, a hug. :D

Woo Jin came to see Mi Hye at home and he brought her medicine for the cold. :P

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, sheza said:

They are married but yet the person they confide their inner most desires is not their spouse but someone else.  MO with the con man and the husband with the pharmacist.  

This is the sad progression of many marriages. The couples assume their roles in the society, the husband as the head, and the wife supports him. The gap and differences happen eventually with time, children, circumstances. Marriages are meant to be re-evaluated, refreshed, adjusted by the couple as life goes along. When complacency and stagnation in the relationship happens,....

The past generations of couples just assumed their roles as dictated by society. Or this prolly works in most/some korean marriages.  

1 hour ago, sheza said:

Just crazy but as long as they give me some happy TJ and MR scene, I will hang in there and see what happened to them in the end.  

Yup. We are the fast-forward fingers, scrubbing the screens to TJxMR scenes and smiling silly for our OTP. (Phone-user here).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, larus said:

Woo Jin came to see Mi Hye at home and he brought her medicine for the cold. :P

Did he catch on to her lie about the coughing? I fast-forwarded and will see their scenes when the subs come tomorrow. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Did he catch on to her lie about the coughing? I fast-forwarded and will see their scenes when the subs come tomorrow. 

I think it was obvious that she is not ill but I am not sure if he realised it. Maybe he did. We will see for sure when we watch with subtitles.

It was nice of him to come and give her medicine. He was worried because he did not hear from her for 2 days. Another hint that he likes her. :D

It was a cute scene.

• LOL 2

34 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

This is going to be such a mess.

I just thought at the moment Na Mi Hye will find out In Sook`s secret. In Sook will say to her...You prepared the wedding. I was against it. :w00t:

13 minutes ago, smhelen said:

That scene looks like a funeral not a wedding.

Exactly. I am curious how is a funeral scene in this drama. Not really.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

56 minutes ago, larus said:

A lot of happy weddings end up in divorce. Maybe this funeral wedding will end up in a happy marriage. 

BTW, SI was a gold digger herself. She got nothing on the gold digger wifey. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

I'm not update with the drama, I have several episodes to watch, but why MR has that face. Doesn't she love TJ enough? Why did she marrie TJ for pity? She should be happy for stay by side of her love. What is happening? I don't understand. Someone explain to me please.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

I'm not update with the drama, I have several episodes to watch, but why MR has that face. Doesn't she love TJ enough? Why did she marrie TJ for pity? She should be happy for stay by side of her love. What is happening? I don't understand. Someone explain to me please.

MR loves TJ - she wanted to marry him but not his family.  They are the rich opinionated dudes and manipulating gals in the family.  Also, TJ is like a son to IS who is MR biological mother.  SJ did not want MR to marry TJ.  MS did not want her to marry TJ.  MR heard the chairman's legal wife Na Hye Mi  and her brother conversing in TJ office when TJ was putting out the fires caused by Na Hye Mi and her brother about cutting TJ hands and legs off when the chairman dies (he has a stent in his heart).  

She loves TJ but not the rest.  I think they also made sure that she would be staying with the in-laws and not separately as how TJ wanted ( I Think!)

TJ wanted IS to be seated as his mother for the wedding.  But chairman flatly refused and did not allow that.  Every time he saw IS he would feel sad because she was like a mother to him.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

She really loves TJ that's why she decided to marry him eventhough her family was against their marriage and that's what makes her sad. This is all because of IS selfishness. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If anyone remembers my handle @ck1Oz can you please tag me when the MH and WJ romance actually starts? Preferably with the episode and rough minute. Thank you so much.

As you can guess I am checking out of this drama until at least ep 41. There's no point in watching. I am live streaming right because I can't wait. And I am forced to suffer through and listen to every freaking IS and Chairman scene. Plus MS father or parents in law. It's so bad it's not worth rewatchung it with subs. And I cringe each time they go into their histrionic vents. Listening to them makes me want to hurl at their selfishness and grandiose sense of self worth.

The honest truth is that the stepmother is actually really refreshing to watch. She knows she is calculative and manipulative and is not ashamed of it. She is probably having the best scenes the last few episodes. Even the MR scenes are terrible. To watch.

I would be a masochist wanting to watch MR be insulted and made to do housework. Nothing wrong with it but if the writer makes it so that it's all she is good for now I would want to throw something at her. Not to mention be submissive and obedient.

In this case I actually think having mediocre subs helps. It lessens the insults given to MR. And for those who comment on what SJ is on about yesterday? I still can't work out if they don't understand the cultural viewpoint why it's a mess. Or if it's the Kdramas making it a mess when it's actually ok. All I can say is listening to IS and SJ was my tipping point yesterday. OMG. I wouldn't say it wasn't true but listening to them and not being able to fast forward it was torture. And I cannot start another beginning scene with IS. Ergh. What a douchebag. How much more wallowing does she want in her self pity and selfish mode? Forever and ever it seems.  And I cannot listen to her say " andwae " another time. The actress has a way of rolling her words. And every time I SEE her mouth move for the " ...DWAE... " it even makes me more mad at her. See what happens when you don't need to concentrate on looking at the English words on the screen?

I have better use of my time. I will be starting Chief of staff. And rewatching Creative Destiny. Who am I kidding? I am getting out of Kdramas for a few weeks until the  July premiers starts. And watch Harry Potter or the Twilight series. Or even the Game of Thrones. And since I am NOT even a fan of those movies you can tell how fed up I am. Grrr...

• Like 1