Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

After watching tomorrow's preview I am worried about MR losing her family. Her older sister, asking hey why are you doing this to us? And then, telling her not to be part of them anymore. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jeilopes said:

And I gave up to understand IS.

It’s satisfying to see IS’s slow downfall. 

Ratings are out and this show is still enjoying the top of the lot. Locals must somehow really enjoy these plot twists while some of us here have jumped ship. I would like to hear some reason for such cultural difference. 

• Like 2

In sook explained to Tae Joo (and to us) why she doesn`t want Mi ri to marry him but I like how Tae joo told her very clearly that he is not a person to calculate, to put his financial interests above feelings, his own principles. 

In sook is isolated in the family and, as she said, Tae Joo is alone, he doesn`t have the support that his step mother has. If he marries  a rich girl, he will gain her family support. I get it, In Sook, but you put all eggs in one basket? She saw very clearly that Tae Joo truly loves Mi Ri. When she saw that he can`t convince him to follow her stupid plan, what she did? She has constantly sabotaged Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s happiness. Instead to gain allies she was lamenting all the time. She is an incompetent. Period. I am done with her too.

Another fool.... Chairman Han. Lots of talk of how much he can read people and know everything is happening in his companies. But he let his hungry money wife and siblings to do what they want? When Na Do Jin tried to destroy the trust and solid reputation of Hansung Apparel for a quick money, he would have been on his wife's side? WOW! Mindblowing. He did not keep an eye on his wife and her family for nothing all these years. He knows very well how they really are. I hope he did not lost his mind compleatly. Does he think for himself these days? 

Na Hye Mi has married for money and she doesn`t claim something else. I give her that. But Na Hye Mi and her brother are the upstarts, they  has risen suddenly to wealth and high position without any merit. I know that they must have in the company people on their side, people who have their own interests  but Tae Joo is not alone. I think there are others, who really count, honest people who have their character intact, who worked hard on their own, who can not be on the fraud`s side. 

Na Mi Hye and In sook, two money hungry women,  they both think that if Tae Joo is marrying Mi Ri, an oxbone owner`s daughter, he will be more vulnerable in the family. Because she doesn`t have a rich family`s support, their connections. But Mi Ri`s strength is that she built her good reputation for ten years on her own, without family connections. Tae Joo needs Mi Ri at his point. I understand why Mi Ri decided to be on his side. She loves him and she is giving her support when he needs it the most. That`s true love. I saw that her family doesn`t want her to be involved in Han family`s business. I understand their point but they have to support Mi ri because it is her decision.

Of course, Mi Ri should tell Tae Joo that In Sook is her biological mother before the wedding but... that`s soap opera style. I give up. I also know that Na Hye Mi and her brother will use In Sook`s secret against both Mi Ri and Tae Joo (the only innocent victims). I wish they will recover quickly. It is not such a big deal, even though he has become bigger than it really is.

• Like 2

From filming

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

It’s satisfying to see IS’s slow downfall. 

Ratings are out and this show is still enjoying the top of the lot. Locals must somehow really enjoy these plot twists while some of us here have jumped ship. I would like to hear some reason for such cultural difference. 

That has always puzzled me. It's as if we are watching two different shows.

I thought there cannot be any more ways for the writer to prevent MR or IS from exposing their big secret. But no, she came up with something. So boring.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hushhh said:

Opening shot showed that this was an middle of the road soap opera that wasn't afraid to declaring in self.  If any one is watching WWW: search, this is exactly the kind of soap opera Scarlet is addicted to.

It is almost the same. I think the drama that Scarlet is watching is a daily kdrama. I did not watch one but that`s how I think daily dramas are.

Clearly, Scarlet likes this genre. She is pasionate woman (feelings came before thinking and she does things with intensity). When she is watching her favorite dramas, she has a great capacity of willing suspension of disbelief for the sake of entertainment. I am more like Tammy, who is the overthinking/analytical type. I want more realism in dramas, I want to understand the characters. I ask every time even when I am watching dramas... why, why, why... That can kill the enjoyment. :w00t:

Did you see how Scarlet came up with a solution to see Ji-Hwan in the drama? Easy.  He has to come back as a twin good brother. My solution.... Ji Hwan has to get another role in another drama. :lol:

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I thought there cannot be any more ways for the writer to prevent MR or IS from exposing their big secret. But no, she came up with something.

I give her credit for that. :lol: In her place I would have told the truth, come up with another issue or end of story quickly. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The real draggy plots will drive me bonkers. So I am focusing on little bugbears.

Like the actor playing Chairman is like what? 75? And Na Hye Mi is like maybe under 40? And she keeps calling him "honey." Like a trasbhny tramp. And you guys complain about the a noona romance dramas. Dies she call him sunbaenim after  the director yells cut? I am currently having icky thoughts thinking about him in his 60s cooing over this 3rd rate actress. Ewww....

And SJ. Do you guys remember Jane Bennett on her wedding day? The Colin Firth version of IPride. Every time I see Soon Ja I just want to die laughing at her curls.

And I have a sudden urge to see what the Hakcheon seolleongtang jib's opening hours are. Since there only seems to be spring onions on the menu. And the opening hours are mid afternoon?

And the sujebi yesterday? She said or rather MR said she wanted it with lots of potato and zucchini. Made me want to cook it. Since it's freaking cold here. But I am so used to making mine with just dough I forget about the potatoes and veggies.

Does anyone have a HD screenshot of whatshisname's room? I might have to actually look at what he has for his toys. To get for my children or rather buy. Has anyone been to the Dongdaemun toy alley? If you don't have set rules or budget before you go one could end up with kids having meltdowns. So I wanted to see what he has.

And the library books have arrived. Totally forgot it until I watched the show.

And the CEO for Hansungng Electronics is bugging me. Didn't they say he brings in 50% of the Hansung Group's profits? Isn't he more competent? IS is irritating. Super irritating. Such a self centred passive aggressive woman.

Filial piety doesn't mean the parent is correct. @hushhh wanted to know the limit of filial piety? None.  It's whatever the parent want. There is no privacy or limit. Ergh. I remember my mother asking me to show my expenses to her when I asked her why I had to give her a monthly allowance? They were financially independent but that is not the point to them. And based on tonight's episode? Yup filial piety mean you can get hit.

Have I digressed enough yet from the usual comments?

And back to the menu. Bet you guys don't remember the shop menu and how many types of dishes they serve there. There are not enough big pots in the kitchen to serve the varieties on the menu. There are at least 14 stews and soups. I can list the whole menu down for you guys.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, smhelen said:

After watching tomorrow's preview I am worried about MR losing her family. Her older sister, asking hey why are you doing this to us? And then, telling her not to be part of them anymore. 

You can't read too much into the previews. You just can't, they deliberately mislead the viewer.

• Like 3

I am live streaming and with so many IS scenes came to say the writer is moving fast.  TJ just told IS that he is bringing MR to greet his father for dinner already.

Can't be bothered to summarise. So boring. The romantic scenes have to be watched yourselves.

• Like 3

Where did you watch streaming? 

Romantic scenes?  So tonight's episode is a positive for us shippers? 

I am waiting for larus preview for next week :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Omg.I am speechless. I am wondering if we shouldn't give any spoilers and you guys watch it.i feel like swearing here. And this is me understanding what was said.

@larus I swear I had no inkling for tonight's plot. Omg. I am saying this as the speed for this is RIDICULOUS!!! I am off to bed man. Think I am in shock.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

They get married. TJ and MR

• Confused 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Omg.I am speechless. I am wondering if we shouldn't give any spoilers and you guys watch it.i feel like swearing here. And this is me understanding what was said.

@larus I swear I had no inkling for tonight's plot. Omg. I am saying this as the speed for this is RIDICULOUS!!! I am off to bed man. Think I am in shock.

OMG OMG OMG 

7 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

They get married. TJ and MR

Really? Wahhh

• Like 2

I have no words for this episode. WTH?

We have a wedding and all I want to say is.... depresing. But life goes on.

Tae Joo brought Mi ri to dinner in han family house. It was an awkard dinner. I wanted to say to her to run the fast she can. Well too late...next scene.... she is already married.

I get that Mi Ri`s family was not happy with the marriage but it was Mi Ri`s decision. Mi Sun did not allow Da Bin to speak with her aunt because she was disappointed with her sister. It is too much.

Next... instead being a happy wedding, the bride and her family were so sad like they were at a funeral. So, no happy wedding for me to see.

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together. I knew there will be hard times too but I wanted to see them overcome the hardship together. 

This writer hates me/us. Why did she bring all this unnecessary drama?

I wanted to hug Dae-Cheol. Being in an old age is not easy. I hope he and his wife will talk and resolve their miscommunication.

• Like 2

New OST

part 7 Lim Soo Yeon-  Enlightenment

BTS

Soyeon with a kid

Ki Tae Young with a kid

• Like 1

Preview for ep 31 (61-62)

Woo Jin`s ex wife is coming in his life.

Jin Soo and Da bin want to help Mi Sun in the kitchen.

• Like 2

Why is the writer like that? :( I was excited go see the romantic scenes but after reading your comments,  I'm sad... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Why is the writer like that? :( I was excited go see the romantic scenes but after reading your comments,  I'm sad... 

No, the writer is a woman.  No matter if the writer is a man or woman, I really don`t understand the writer.

She has almost 20 episodes left and she rushes like crazy. Mi Ri and Tae Joo did not even date properly, they did not have a romantic kiss. The audience is not eager to see more contrived drama she created for them. Let them be happy a little.

I thought that we`ll see a wedding in two weeks and the wedding scene was ...tonight. :w00t:

What`s next? Divorce?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, larus said:

No, the writer is a woman.  No matter if the writer is a man or woman, I really don`t understand the writer.

She has almost 20 episodes left and she rushes like crazy. Mi Ri and Tae Joo did not even date properly, they did not have a romantic kiss. The audience is not eager to see more contrived drama she created for them. Let them be happy a little.

I thought that we`ll see a wedding in two weeks and the wedding scene was ...tonight. :w00t:

What`s next? Divorce?

Yeah your right.  How could I even think of a honeymoon after the wedding when they didn't even have kissed properly... Grrr

I am so sad to see MR in a wedding gown with that face :(

• Like 2