[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

The real draggy plots will drive me bonkers. So I am focusing on little bugbears.

Like the actor playing Chairman is like what? 75? And Na Hye Mi is like maybe under 40? And she keeps calling him "honey." Like a trasbhny tramp. And you guys complain about the a noona romance dramas. Dies she call him sunbaenim after  the director yells cut? I am currently having icky thoughts thinking about him in his 60s cooing over this 3rd rate actress. Ewww....

And SJ. Do you guys remember Jane Bennett on her wedding day? The Colin Firth version of IPride. Every time I see Soon Ja I just want to die laughing at her curls.

And I have a sudden urge to see what the Hakcheon seolleongtang jib's opening hours are. Since there only seems to be spring onions on the menu. And the opening hours are mid afternoon?

And the sujebi yesterday? She said or rather MR said she wanted it with lots of potato and zucchini. Made me want to cook it. Since it's freaking cold here. But I am so used to making mine with just dough I forget about the potatoes and veggies.

Does anyone have a HD screenshot of whatshisname's room? I might have to actually look at what he has for his toys. To get for my children or rather buy. Has anyone been to the Dongdaemun toy alley? If you don't have set rules or budget before you go one could end up with kids having meltdowns. So I wanted to see what he has.

And the library books have arrived. Totally forgot it until I watched the show.

And the CEO for Hansungng Electronics is bugging me. Didn't they say he brings in 50% of the Hansung Group's profits? Isn't he more competent? IS is irritating. Super irritating. Such a self centred passive aggressive woman.

Filial piety doesn't mean the parent is correct. @hushhh wanted to know the limit of filial piety? None.  It's whatever the parent want. There is no privacy or limit. Ergh. I remember my mother asking me to show my expenses to her when I asked her why I had to give her a monthly allowance? They were financially independent but that is not the point to them. And based on tonight's episode? Yup filial piety mean you can get hit.

Have I digressed enough yet from the usual comments?

And back to the menu. Bet you guys don't remember the shop menu and how many types of dishes they serve there. There are not enough big pots in the kitchen to serve the varieties on the menu. There are at least 14 stews and soups. I can list the whole menu down for you guys.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, smhelen said:

After watching tomorrow's preview I am worried about MR losing her family. Her older sister, asking hey why are you doing this to us? And then, telling her not to be part of them anymore. 

You can't read too much into the previews. You just can't, they deliberately mislead the viewer.

I am live streaming and with so many IS scenes came to say the writer is moving fast.  TJ just told IS that he is bringing MR to greet his father for dinner already.

Can't be bothered to summarise. So boring. The romantic scenes have to be watched yourselves.

6 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Where did you watch streaming? 

Romantic scenes?  So tonight's episode is a positive for us shippers? 

I am waiting for larus preview for next week :)

Omg.I am speechless. I am wondering if we shouldn't give any spoilers and you guys watch it.i feel like swearing here. And this is me understanding what was said.

@larus I swear I had no inkling for tonight's plot. Omg. I am saying this as the speed for this is RIDICULOUS!!! I am off to bed man. Think I am in shock.

6 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Omg.I am speechless. I am wondering if we shouldn't give any spoilers and you guys watch it.i feel like swearing here. And this is me understanding what was said.

@larus I swear I had no inkling for tonight's plot. Omg. I am saying this as the speed for this is RIDICULOUS!!! I am off to bed man. Think I am in shock.

OMG OMG OMG 

7 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

They get married. TJ and MR

Really? Wahhh

I have no words for this episode. WTH?

We have a wedding and all I want to say is.... depresing. But life goes on.

Tae Joo brought Mi ri to dinner in han family house. It was an awkard dinner. I wanted to say to her to run the fast she can. Well too late...next scene.... she is already married.

I get that Mi Ri`s family was not happy with the marriage but it was Mi Ri`s decision. Mi Sun did not allow Da Bin to speak with her aunt because she was disappointed with her sister. It is too much.

Next... instead being a happy wedding, the bride and her family were so sad like they were at a funeral. So, no happy wedding for me to see.

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together. I knew there will be hard times too but I wanted to see them overcome the hardship together. 

This writer hates me/us. Why did she bring all this unnecessary drama?

I wanted to hug Dae-Cheol. Being in an old age is not easy. I hope he and his wife will talk and resolve their miscommunication.

28 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Why is the writer like that? :( I was excited go see the romantic scenes but after reading your comments,  I'm sad... 

No, the writer is a woman.  No matter if the writer is a man or woman, I really don`t understand the writer.

She has almost 20 episodes left and she rushes like crazy. Mi Ri and Tae Joo did not even date properly, they did not have a romantic kiss. The audience is not eager to see more contrived drama she created for them. Let them be happy a little.

I thought that we`ll see a wedding in two weeks and the wedding scene was ...tonight. :w00t:

What`s next? Divorce?

21 minutes ago, larus said:

No, the writer is a woman.  No matter if the writer is a man or woman, I really don`t understand the writer.

She has almost 20 episodes left and she rushes like crazy. Mi Ri and Tae Joo did not even date properly, they did not have a romantic kiss. The audience is not eager to see more contrived drama she created for them. Let them be happy a little.

I thought that we`ll see a wedding in two weeks and the wedding scene was ...tonight. :w00t:

What`s next? Divorce?

Yeah your right.  How could I even think of a honeymoon after the wedding when they didn't even have kissed properly... Grrr

I am so sad to see MR in a wedding gown with that face :(

15 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

I am so sad to see MR in a wedding gown with that face :(

The saddest wedding scene ever.

She decided to marry him so it was her choice. When Tae Joo will find out that she marry him just for pity he will be very hurt. I know that she loves him too but right now they are not on the same page. SAD.

Unnecessary drama ...again!

Wooahhh ... that's such a weird trajectory halfway through the drama.  I think the problem with this show is the under developed plot and characters.  The drama is just being carried by amazing actors and actresses.  I am mainly watching it for TJ and Miri but I think I almost want to slap TJ in the head today and ask him why he doesn't realise his bride was so sad.  Such an insensitive bloke.  I had a thought today seeing that MH called JB when in the moment of crisis.  She didn't call WJ, possibly because she is not there relationally with him yet.  But it is kinda sad if you think about it how that parallel with MS' in laws.  They are married but yet the person they confide their inner most desires is not their spouse but someone else.  MO with the con man and the husband with the pharmacist.  

I think it is stupid and ridiculous to hang a whole drama on a birth secret plot.  This drama felt like it had been a 200 episode drama condensed into 100 episode or it perhaps it was a 25 episode drama but lengthen to 100 episodes.  Just crazy but as long as they give me some happy TJ and MR scene, I will hang in there and see what happened to them in the end.  

1 hour ago, larus said:

I have no words for this episode. WTH?

We have a wedding and all I want to say is.... depresing. But life goes on.

Tae Joo brought Mi ri to dinner in han family house. It was an awkard dinner. I wanted to say to her to run the fast she can. Well too late...next scene.... she is already married.

I get that Mi Ri`s family was not happy with the marriage but it was Mi Ri`s decision. Mi Sun did not allow Da Bin to speak with her aunt because she was disappointed with her sister. It is too much.

Next... instead being a happy wedding, the bride and her family were so sad like they were at a funeral. So, no happy wedding for me to see.

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together. I knew there will be hard times too but I wanted to see them overcome the hardship together. 

This writer hates me/us. Why did she bring all this unnecessary drama?

I wanted to hug Dae-Cheol. Being in an old age is not easy. I hope he and his wife will talk and resolve their miscommunication.

Why are the Kangs unhappy? 

MR is sad? I really don't understand this show. :huh:

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

Why are the Kangs unhappy? 

MR is sad? I really don't understand this show. :huh:

I don`t understand it either. :w00t:

I did not watch with subtitles so I don`t know what they said.  I assume that Sun ja is sad because she knows that Mi ri won`t be happy in that family, especially since In Sook is part of the family. Mi sun is sad because she feels like In sook sold her biological daughter for her own interest. She agrees with her mother too.

Mi Ri is sad because she is doing this just for Tae Joo and Sun ja did not aprove what she wanted to do. She doesn`t really want to enter in Han family but she saw that In sook can`t do anything and Tae Joo looked like a prey in front of the wolves. Because the Chairman wanted the marriage to happen she could not refuse without telling In Sook`s secret. 

In fact.... everyone are sad because of one person.... In Sook. Her secret made everyone miserable.

I just want the secret to be reveal soon. No matter what happens next I want this stupid secret to be discovered by everyone. ASAP.

8 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

who are all these kids that they show with the actors and actresses?

I think they take pictures with the actors because they were lucky to be there while the actors have a shooting. Some of the kids are child actors and they have small scenes in the drama.

In today episode, I saw the children I saw earlier in a picture on set. They were kids who wanted to buy Jin soo`s toys. :)

7 minutes ago, larus said:

In fact.... everyone are sad because of one person.... In Sook. Her secret made everyone miserable.

Even TJ was kinda of sad because her. :sweat_smile: 

It’s not because the secret, of course. 

I think he wanted she in the place of his mom in his marriage, not Chairman’s wife.

@angelwingssf I’m curious too.

Archived