[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

36 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

I’m curious too. I see some videos from today’s episode and He was cold.What happened? Or What will happen?

I don`t know. In the last scene, They were in a deposit. She tripped in her high heels like she used to trip in the past. (I just knew she will trip and he will catch her. I just waited for the moment:lol:) He caught her right away and later he gave her a hug. Maybe he will sense that she still has feelings for him, maybe she will tell him something.

I wish Mi ri will be the one initiated the reconciliation this time. Even if there will be a slow move.

I am waiting to see the scenes but i am very curious.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, i like the latest EP 24, i am so happy that they work together closely , while seeing each other everyday, the growing feeling for each other is unavoidable. The last part of hugging was a surprise but i like it. :P

I hope TJ continues his daring behaviour towards MR. :w00t: My only worry will be this office romance will eventually spill over to others within the department and to chairman Han.

The best part that I enjoyed was the meeting with the senior executives from the subsidiaries . We could see there will be a rival to fight on the VP role in headquarter. I am sure MR wil help TJ in this arena, but may involve in office politics. Office politics isn’t something we can avoid it in senior management level. The highly political arena is where not understanding politics and being unwilling to engage with others can expect a price to pay , especially he is the heir of the Hansung Group. Let's see how MR can help him.

I am more a person who like to watch business strategy applied in an organisation storyline rather than the mother and daughter conversation which can be quite tiring to watch at time.

Looking forward to see next week EP showing TJ did not give up pursuing MR.

Don't give up, TJ , you must overcome her thick wall, give us more sweet moment :w00t:

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

I cant fine any streams subbed or otherwise to episode 24.

Watch below link : :) enjoy it

https://dramafast.com/drama/mother-of-mine/

Thank you.

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Watch below link : :) enjoy it

This might be an unpopular opinion but I hope it takes a while for TJ and Miri to reconcile.

Because:

1- The situation they are in is a fertile field for love to grow.  The have a shared goals.  They have proximity, they are both vulnerable. That is the environment within which love grows.  Additionally it give TJ a chance to "act" his love.  I remember coming across a quote that said the strongest love is not about feeling, but instead the strongest expression of love is about doing.  The subtle and effective way that TJ protected MiRi against the corporate bully was a joy to behold.:love: It didn't/wouldn't seem like a big deal to anyone who wasn't aware of TJ and MiRi's relationship.  It could be read as TJ doing a powerplay against the corporation bully. Another reason why it was an effective piece of writing is because it illustrated TJ's character as a worker, --diligent and prepared.:star:

Miri is currently helping TJ because it's her job.  As they work closely together she will begin to  love him because of how much he wants to be a good and fair boss.:heart:

2- MIri has deep and abiding abandonment issues.  She is emotionally insecure. As much as she love SJ and her sisters she doesn't feel that she has unconditional love.  For her love is something she has had to work hard to secure. Even if she "knows" SJ would never abandon her, she doesn't "feel" that way.  The revelation about TJ deeply shook her nascent trust in him.  MiRi Already has a mistrust around wealthy families' ability to destroy her own family, and not only is TJ from a wealthy family, he's from the family her mother chose over her. Her mother literally chose to raise/mother him instead of Miri.  So along with the distrust of the rich and his family stealing her mother, there is also room for a warped "sibling" rivalry for IS.

I must say that I thought IS was nuts when IS was telling Miri, the a daughter she abandoned, that Miri couldn't be with TJ because IS had raise TJ as her son.  I thought woman you sure know how to rub salt into the wound.:unamused::rage:

22 minutes ago, hushhh said:

1- The situation they are in is a fertile field for love to grow.  The have a shared goals.  They have proximity, they are both vulnerable. That is the environment within which love grows.  Additionally it give TJ a chance to "act" his love.  I remember coming across a quote that said the strongest love is not about feeling, but instead the strongest expression of love is about doing.  The subtle and effective way that TJ protected MiRi against the corporate bully was a joy to behold.:love: It didn't/wouldn't seem like a big deal to anyone who wasn't aware of TJ and MiRi's relationship.  It could be read as TJ doing a powerplay against the corporation bully. Another reason why it was an effective piece of writing is because it illustrated TJ's character as a worker, --diligent and prepared.:star:

Miri is currently helping TJ because it's her job.  As they work closely together she will begin to  love him because of how much he wants to be a good and fair boss.:heart:

Yes. Agreed.

That's the reason I was hoping so badly that the writer must put them back together in the same office environment , then it will make more sense for them to reconcile slowly.  TJ character in the eye of the writer still remain the same diligent, confident, stubborn and persistence. He will fly high with the help from MR. Their roadblock is from IS, always adding more salt to the wound. If there is nothing constructive to say, she should keep quiet..... well, that's Kdrama...:lol:

Oh dear, you raised a valid question about the marriage in this drama. It's a wide topic to discuss. Marriage life encompass many joys and frustrations. The key point is not about two persons happily staying together after married, it's about two families. It's all surrounding the couple's two families.

Talking about the kdrama, i fully agreed that the husbands are not so desirable in this drama, but it's truly reflecting what the couple and their families facing in this current society. If you may ask, is there  a perfect husband or a perfect marriage, the cruel answer is NO.  Not even TJ character can turn up to be a good husband, he needs to grow with MR and it takes time.

The drama pointed out the family issue but the story ultimate intention is to show compromises, tolerance and understanding among their family members. It's better to have open communication to make things work. We can't take things for granted.

Marriage takes two hands to work together, it requires lots of commitment, compromises and courageous and it also needs to have mutual understanding and constant communication too. Never chase for a perfect husband, find someone that is suitable for you. :wub:

3 hours ago, hushhh said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I hope it takes a while for TJ and Miri to reconcile.

Because:

2- MIri has deep and abiding abandonment issues.  She is emotionally insecure. As much as she love SJ and her sisters she doesn't feel that she has unconditional love.  For her love is something she has had to work hard to secure. Even if she "knows" SJ would never abandon her, she doesn't "feel" that way.  The revelation about TJ deeply shook her nascent trust in him.  MiRi Already has a mistrust around wealthy families' ability to destroy her own family, and not only is TJ from a wealthy family, he's from the family her mother chose over her. Her mother literally chose to raise/mother him instead of Miri.  So along with the distrust of the rich and his family stealing her mother, there is also room for a warped "sibling" rivalry for IS.

I must say that I thought IS was nuts when IS was telling Miri, the a daughter she abandoned, that Miri couldn't be with TJ because IS had raise TJ as her son.  I thought woman you sure know how to rub salt into the wound.:unamused::rage:

Been a silent lurker here and unlurked to say that you have written everything that I was thinking but better. Yes a longer courthsip will hopefully break the reconciliation and 2nd breakup and reconciliation trope. Instead a longer courtship for both to know each other and a chance for Mi Ri to feel secure to tell TJ everything. Just like when Mi Ri told IS off and how she feels about her, I want TJ to see that raw emotion when she finally talks about IS and reveals the "secret". It will give TJ a clue on how to help her. She also said that she has never gone to picnics or done something fun as she was studying and working hard to prove herself worthy of SJ's family. TJ had introduced her to fun things on their dates. 

I love how TJ was trying to be cool and explaining to Mi Ri that he accompanied her on the inspection tour because she was her mentor and he wanted to learn that he hopes it does not make her uncomfortable. Then Mi Ri trips and he loses his cool and was back to the old TJ holding and scolding Mi Ri. LOL. I also like that he stands face to face while talking to her and looks into her eyes while Mi Ri tries not to look at him and lowers her eyes then the tripping happened and she looked at TJ who let her go then turned her around to hug her. 

This is also where TJ can prove that he is a man of conviction that his decisions in his personal and business life are to be taken seriously and he is not a wishy washy. He is going to make a stand and fight for what he cares about. They both can help each other. TJ please don't make MR wear sneakers on your tours, she can wear pretty flat shoes and still look very professional.

I am wondering what SJ will do when she learns what IS is dong to block MR. Yes, IS is crazy. 

About the husbands, SJ's husband and IS first husband the father of MR, seemed to be devoted family men but they died. The rest of the living husbands in the drama are horrible. 

21 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

This is also where TJ can prove that he is a man of conviction that his decisions in his personal and business life are to be taken seriously and he is not a wishy washy. He is going to make a stand and fight for what he cares about. They both can help each other. TJ please don't make MR wear sneakers on your tours, she can wear pretty flat shoes and still look very professional.

I think TJ should avoid dictating anything to Miri. --it is safer that way. But . . . 

Why no sneakers?

The Japanese labor minister disagree with you on flats.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/japan-minister-high-heels-intl/index.html

Personally I think the Japanese labor minister should wear heels to work for 6 month, if he thinks they are so necessary to do work.

A marketing manager usually looks stylish but I agree 10cm stilettos are a bit risky. 10cm chunky heels are safer.

However I forgive it since it's just a drama way of making the male lead seem to show caring. 

I am still trying to work out if I like TJ therefore I like the actor playing TJ? Or do I like the actor since I saw him in Hwarang and also the other currently airing drama. I can't stand the look in the other 2 but find him so manly ( that's not the correct word ) such a nice guy in TJ. He does  have a nice voice thank goodness.

5 hours ago, hushhh said:

I don`t think it is an unpopular opinion. Maybe it is but I also think as you.

Your two point are so right.

Mi Ri`s deal with Chairman Han was not a good deal im my opinion as I already mentioned but  I like that Mi ri came back to Hansung Apparel because she and Tae Joo have a chance to be close to each other. Since he moved out, they don`t have more chances to meet outside work. It was sad to see Mi Ri and Tae Joo apart and so formal with each other was it was necessary. Mi Ri now is Tae Joo`s right hand in the comapany. He still has to know many things about the corporation. He is fast learning but, as he already mentioned, he needs a person like Mi ri on his side. In the same time,  It was an opportunity for their feelings to grow much more and to become stronger.

Mi Ri is the insecure one in the relationship, she has a lot to overcome. Because of her abandonement issues, she doesn`t think she could be a good mother or a good wife. She doesn`t have an experience in a romantic relationship either. The break up could have gave her time to analize what she wants, her feelings. She has her pride and she said lots of time that she wants to succeed on her own, without the help of a rich man at her side (like In sook did).

I wish the writer gives her time she needs and then, Mi Ri should take the first step towards Tae Joo. 

I really don`t know why Tae Joo is persuing Mi Ri so openly. It is obvious that she doesn`t feel comfortable that people at work are asking what is their relationship. Maybe the Chariman Han found out that Mi Ri is In Sook`s daughter and he threatened her. I am sure he realised that Mi Ri still has feelings for him but even then, he should have wait for her to be ready. We`ll see what is happening in the next episodes. 

13 minutes ago, larus said:

Mi Ri is the insecure one in the relationship, she has a lot to overcome. Because of her abandonement issues, she doesn`t think she could be a good mother or a good wife. She doesn`t have an experience in a romantic relationship either. The break up could have gave her time to analize what she wants, her feelings. She has her pride and she said lots of time that she wants to succeed on her own, without the help of a rich man at her side (like In sook did).

I wish the writer gives her time she needs and then, Mi Ri should take the first step towards Tae Joo. 

I really don`t know why Tae Joo is persuing Mi Ri so openly. It is obvious that she doesn`t feel comfortable that people at work are asking what is their relationship. Maybe the Chariman Han found out that Mi Ri is In Sook`s daughter and he threatened her. I am sure he realised that Mi Ri still has feelings for him but even then, he should have wait for her to be ready. We`ll see what is happening in the next episodes. 

hmmmmm, I agree that TJ should not pursue MR openly and agressively at work that he should be more subtle but I don't think he should wait to tell MR about how he feels. It is reassuring for MR to know how TJ still feels about her and I think it is reasonable and prudent. If he waits and does nothing she might misunderstand and think he gave up on her, and abandoned her. MR maybe uncomfortable thinking that pursuing a relationship with TJ goes against her decision and her goals of achieving the CEO position but it will also challenge her beliefs about what she really wants. Her insecurities comes from being abandoned by her mother and she feels that she was betrayed and abandoned by TJ when he did not tell her he was the heir and son of the Chairman and was given the position that she and everyone in the company thought was hers. What she needs most from TJ at this time is reassurance that TJ did not and will not abandon her. TJ already apologized many times and knows that he made a big mistake and he needs to make up for that mistake by letting her know that he has not given up on them and that he has not deserted her like her mother. How is she to know that if he stays away and waits passively? He does not have to be aggressive about it, but he can do it in many caring ways like he did at the meeting of the CEO and he has the ready excuse that she is her mentor. His courtship will be slow but surely until she gets the confidence to trust in him again but staying on the sidelines to wait till she makes up her mind to make the first step is not what Mi Ri will do at the moment because of her "abandonment" beliefs. She said before that she won't get married and have children because she was scared of being abandoned because she feels unworthy. TJ letting her know that he has not given up on them may help her believe in her worthiness. 

Was watching the most recent episode with my male housemate and we got to the last scene of the episode and he went "aw he gave it away! he was acting all cool and everything and then he cracked when she rolled her ankle". 

That was my favorite scene in the whole episode. He tried his best but his feelings overcame him. I like how that was the point when he decided enough was enough and he would pursue her as per normal. It made me happy to watch him stay true to himself and his feelings. I am ridiculously irritated at IS...she keeps repeating throughout the drama that MR is throwing a tantrum and acting like an adolescent blah blah...i guess expressing your feelings (in this case, anger and hurt) is juvenile? She abandoned her daughter and then later threw her in front of a bus in the sense that she ousted MR and TJ's relationship- then she deliberately orchestrated for MR to find out about TJ without him telling her first...can this character get any more unlikable? I wonder if the writer will eventually give her any redeeming qualities...MS just needs to push her husband out the window. He's so infuriating...and if you were to ask me- he's the juvenile one. Selfish and self-centred. I hope his character has some growth in the future.

MH and JB scenes were too long for my liking and like someone else pointed out there wasn't enough of MR and TJ scenes in this episode. Un-necessary scene with JB and Peter...wasting precious drama air time on them.I have hope for my precious MiJoo couple and hope they shine brightly in the next two episodes!!

27 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

What she needs most from TJ at this time is reassurance that TJ did not and will not abandon her. TJ already apologized many times and knows that he made a big mistake and he needs to make up for that mistake by letting her know that he has not given up on them and that he has not deserted her like her mother. How is she to know that if he stays away and waits passively? He does not have to be aggressive about it, but he can do it in many caring ways like he did at the meeting of the CEO and he has the ready excuse that she is her mentor. His courtship will be slow but surely until she gets the confidence to trust in him again but staying on the sidelines to wait till she makes up her mind to make the first step is not what Mi Ri will do at the moment because of her "abandonment" beliefs.

In Sook told her that Tae Joo moved on and later she noticed that he doesn`t wear the ring. It is good that he still reasures her that he still cares for her.  If he will show that he still cares for her indirectly, like he did in the directors meeting, or when he catched her after she stumbled, it is alright. But to pursue her openly at work? 

But we don`t know what happened after the ending scene.

We heard in the preview that he told her that he still loves her. Maybe she confessed that she loves him back. Or maybe he told her to wear the ring when she is ready to accept their relashionship and she did.

In the preview Tae Joo is glowing. He has a big smile on his face. After the last episode where they both had the harden faces, it is a 180 degree turn. He must had Mi ri`a approval or she gave him the message that she still cares for him.

I watched the hugging scene a lots of time. I was looking to see if Mi Ri was wearing the ring on her neckace because i thought Tae joo saw it when she tripped. But she doesn`t wear anything. We saw in the preview that Mi Ri is looking at the ring after she arrived home. I want to see the episode first and see the circumstances. We`ll see if Tae Joo rushed the reconciliation or not.

I am looking forward to watch the next episodes.

9 minutes ago, larus said:

see if Mi Ri was wearing the ring on her neckace because i thought Tae joo saw it when she tripp

We will get our sweet moment when TJ shows MR the ring hanging from a chain hidden behind his necktie. His love for her is always there even if he can't display it.:lol:

1 minute ago, maribella said:

We will get our sweet moment when TJ shows MR the ring hanging from a hidden behind his necktie. His love for her is always there even if he can't display it.:lol:

I am still waiting for the kiss. The stolen kiss from the elevator and the other two second kisses are not enough.

I want a romantic and passionate kiss. On screen.  When I think I thought we`ll have to see more than one and I am still waiting for the first. ;)

Archived