Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸


larus

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, larus said:

I think Tae Joo proposed to Mi Ri but she refused

I think she will come around. I think she is terrified. I think he has his work cut out for him. Wait until he finds out what his quasi mother did to her own daughter and the love of his life. Burning comets will come down on her head. (I hope)
 

 

1 hour ago, larus said:

But Tae Joo won`t give up. He is wearing the ring on his finger the whole time she is away.

I can hardly wait for their reunion. 

 

1 hour ago, Dyslexic heart said:

When In Sook enquired, Han suggested something about a plan for TJ And MIRi together that blew IS away. Ooooh, can’t wait for subtitles! 

His greed will make him pull a U-turn on IS any time. She-IS- will see with her own eyes where his loyalty lies, it is the Big Won, and not her and her manipulative schemes. I hope she gets sidestepped and MiRi gets all the glory in China-the largest export of South Korea according to the financial reports. :phew:

 

34 minutes ago, larus said:

I get the feeling that Chairman Han was mesmerized looking at Mi ri doing business with Wang Wei.  When the Chineze business woman told good things about Mi ri he wound not want to admit that he "likes" her. I think Mi ri won him over without even realising. :lol: That or he realised she is a very good asset, even without her family status. He will be right. Who would not want such a woman in their family? Inteligent, beautiful, competent, loyal. He came to his senses.

Good, good, good. There are so many layers of this newly found admiration and support. The bottom line is the all mighty Won. :mrgreen:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i ff to the scene where Wang Wei chatted with Chairman Han.. seems like they know each other quite well for such a casual conversation..

Chairman Han was in awe at how MR explained the proposal to Wang Wei in mandarin then later summarised to him in korean. when she left, he was still impressed? should i use this word? haha :P so Wang Wei caught his look and joked if MR is his new target of interest.. and then, mentioned in korean something about his new wife is in US.. so you see Chairman Han getting agitated trying to argue with Wang Wei’s joke, then she commented in mandarin that “although you are a very smart person, there are still times when you are unable to let go..”

i wonder why Wang Wei knows korean so well yet still let MR went through the trouble explaining in mandarin.. :unamused:

 

btw seems like MR was very unhappy or agitated with Hansung or something? the rumored Chairman son in the co or something? she was letting off her frustration on TJ bed and he had a weird expression on his face.. i wondered what did MR say?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ewww ... Will that sleezy old man offer the CEO position, along with a marriage proposal,  to MR?  Except that the proposal is to marry him, not TJ. 

 

He seems machiavellian enough to do that.  In that way, he gets to keep MR's talent, and keep TJ from marrying her.  Most importantly, he will prove to TJ that MR is all about ambition because she chooses the position over love.

 

Ewwwww ... Ugh, horrible if this really happens.  :wacko::crazy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I don't think so, he is already married. She is in USA with his other son.

 

7 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Ewww ... Will that sleezy old man offer the CEO position, along with a marriage proposal,  to MR?  Except that the proposal is to marry him, not TJ. 

 

He seems machiavellian enough to do that.  In that way, he gets to keep MR's talent, and keep TJ from marrying her.  Most importantly, he will prove to TJ that MR is all about ambition because she chooses the position over love.

 

Ewwwww ... Ugh, horrible if this really happens.  :wacko::crazy:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Auntie Mame i dun think so.. cos he did mention to IS about letting TJ and MR get married towards the end.. but that stare must have been v uncomfortable for MR.. she was reporting details to him and he was there just staring.. did this old fart have a bad record of sexual harassment?? haha IS did warn him about his off topic conversation with MR in the meeting with the Directors and General Managers when he popped in to the company..

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i dun think so.. cos he did mention to IS about letting TJ and MR get married towards the end.. but that stare must have been v uncomfortable for MR.. she was reporting details to him and he was there just staring.. did this old fart have a bad record of sexual harassment?? haha IS did warn him about his off topic conversation with MR in the meeting with the Directors and General Managers when he popped in to the company..

 

Yes, thank God he is married. It is not the first time he stared uncomfortable for Mi ri. I found the Director meeting moment more uncomfortable.:crazy: I hope it is the last time.

Do not forget the creepy moment when he asked In Sook to move close to his home because she has a big house. He asked if she is seeing a man in the house, because she is still young to date. He gives me bad vibe. Creepy.

 

49 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

btw seems like MR was very unhappy or agitated with Hansung or something? the rumored Chairman son in the co or something? she was letting off her frustration on TJ bed and he had a weird expression on his face.. i wondered what did MR say?

 

I noticed that too. It looks like she talked about her insatisfaction with the family. I think it is related with In Sook.  Tae Joo seems to feel bad/ feel guilty and I get why he can`t tell her who he is but he has to tell her soon.

 

49 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i wonder why Wang Wei knows korean so well yet still let MR went through the trouble explaining in mandarin

  Joo Hyun Mi is Korean-Chinese and maybe Wang Wei is the same.  I wonder why she did not reveal that she speaks Korean as well.

We know that she likes Mi Ri, she apreciates her. Maybe she likes to hear her trying to speak Chinese. :lol: Seriously, maybe she wants to have the upper hand, he won`t reveal information about herself. She and Chairman Han seems to know each other for long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

so Wang Wei caught his look and joked if MR is his new target of interest.. and then, mentioned in korean something about his new wife is in US.. so you see Chairman Han getting agitated trying to argue with Wang Wei’s joke

Han: it’s not me. It’s my son...

WW: aaah, so your son likes ms.kang...

Han: (ooops, slip of the tongue) :tounge_xd:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

ok i ff to the scene where Wang Wei chatted with Chairman Han.. seems like they know each other quite well for such a casual conversation..

Chairman Han was in awe at how MR explained the proposal to Wang Wei in mandarin then later summarised to him in korean. when she left, he was still impressed? should i use this word? haha :P so Wang Wei caught his look and joked if MR is his new target of interest.. and then, mentioned in korean something about his new wife is in US.. so you see Chairman Han getting agitated trying to argue with Wang Wei’s joke, then she commented in mandarin that “although you are a very smart person, there are still times when you are unable to let go..”

i wonder why Wang Wei knows korean so well yet still let MR went through the trouble explaining in mandarin.. :unamused:

 

btw seems like MR was very unhappy or agitated with Hansung or something? the rumored Chairman son in the co or something? she was letting off her frustration on TJ bed and he had a weird expression on his face.. i wondered what did MR say?

I think some one ever mention if long ago chairman always got alot trouble when make a deal with Wang wei.so i think they knew each other quiet well.

It was so funny when wang wei laughed on the chairman.he told her if he isnt interesting with kang miri but his son.

Then wang wei suggest him to make his son married a smart woman like kang miri rather than a girl from chaebol family.imo

 

Tj and Miri scene on tj's bed.

Seem miri told tj if company noticed their relationship.

TJ comforted miri and both not really care because they think that they arent wrong.tj said he will take the blame because he is too dare to date his boss.

He make miri smile.

 

Then miri explode her anger toward IS.miri told tj if she really hate IS.she said she want more success than IS,thats her dream.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Han: it’s not me. It’s my son...

WW: aaah, so your son likes ms.kang...

Han: (ooops, slip of the tongue) :tounge_xd:

at that very instant, that foolish old man is funny!! :joy: analysing the future daughter in law???

 

40 minutes ago, Kiara1110 said:

Then wang wei suggest him to make his son married a smart woman like kang miri rather than a girl from chaebol family.imo

 woohoo!! bye bye jung soo yi :glasses: but oops.. IS is going to be MR’s aunt in law? its complicated.. the scenario is like, an adopted son falling in love with the real daughter and they are supposed to be half siblings although no blood relation.. sounds like autumn in my heart??? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ROFL the chairman is like "Why don't we change the plan and marry TJ off to MR?:mrgreen::joy:. CEO Jeon's face, priceless.

 

But that preview, why do I get the feeling that IS is gonna spit the beans about TJ identify? The end of the preview is not looking good:crazy:.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh drat!!! Before this episode, i was already wondering why can’t TJ just assume his position in the company to have a say against Han and In Sook’s bullying on MiRi.  With this episode, MR is determined to get to the top on her own without riding some chaebol’s coattails. This new revelation must make TJ’s identity hidden or it will crush MR’s pride to end up the way IS did. Even Chairman Han’s change of heart on our lovers’ relationship won’t do anymore. Whoa, writers, how could you make such elaborate conflict???? :frown:

 

MiRi’s reason for refusing the proposal: it’s-not-you-it’s-about-me trope. 

 

TJ said it was never about the money and the company position.  He came to HSG to learn the ropes. This guy is scary because he doesn’t hold on to the things his elders push him to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Oh drat!!! Before this episode, i was already wondering why can’t TJ just assume his position in the company to have a say against Han and In Sook’s bullying on MiRi.  With this episode, MR is determined to get to the top on her own without riding some chaebol’s coattails. This new revelation must make TJ’s identity hidden or it will crush MR’s pride to end up the way IS did. Even Chairman Han’s change of heart on our lovers’ relationship won’t do anymore. Whoa, writers, how could you make such elaborate conflict???? :frown:

 

MiRi’s reason for refusing the proposal: it’s-not-you-it’s-about-me trope. 

 

TJ said it was never about the money and the company position.  He came to HSG to learn the ropes. This guy is scary because he doesn’t hold on to the things his elders push him to. 

This is the reason why I'm scared of what she will do when she finds out about TJ identity:(. Her pride is gonna hit the bottom, not to mention, this looks like a betrayal in her eyes. But knowing TJ, he is not gonna give up on her especially when he finds out the truth about IS and MR. Boy, he will be furious at IS lol. A breakup will happen but then again I don't think it is necessary considering the fact that both lied about their identities here: MR being the bio daughter of IS and TJ being the heir of the company. 

 

 

TJ was right when he told his father that he came to learn and falling in love with his boss came along with it. The chairman thought it was a good idea to send MR out of the country and TJ answer was that he will follow her lol. That's why I like TJ because he just follows his morals and heart:D. And it's always funny when he ruins their long term plans :mrgreen:. In my opinion, both chairman and IS better watch out because pissing off TJ is not gonna end well lol.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hushhh said:

MiRi may not have golf skills but her Chinese is impressive.

 

actually i cant catch a single word what she is saying haha :tounge_xd: even the first time when she first met Wang Wei lol

 

in most of the kd when the koreans speak mandarin, its almost i cant understand a word at all.. for Wang Wei cos she is really half korean half chinese, her mandarin is perfectly understandable to me

 

maybe TJ should go to another co.. unless he still is taking over the CEO role in Hansung Apparel.. its not going to work out with MR hiding her birth mom truth and TJ hiding his successor destiny.. else, let Chairman Han renominate his 10yo son to be next successor lolol IS will have a good time sitting there as a puppet CEO :kiss_closed:

 

its going to be a good 10 epi of conflicts and quarrels.. (I Have a Lover was 50 epi and it took a good 8-10 epi depicting all the conflicts until the last few for the couple to finally got back together).. :thumbsdown:

 

im hoping Wang Wei play a more important role in guiding MR.. cos MR doesnt seem to have any friends other than her mom and sisters (which they already have so much problems themselves) and TJ being the only friend she has, is now her bf.. she needs a real girlfriend or a senior whom she can confide and get wise advice from.. WW fits the bill. and more importantly, WW has more influence in her successful status and friendship with Chairman Han.. she can make a huge difference. :grin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

im hoping Wang Wei play a more important role in guiding MR.. cos MR doesnt seem to have any friends other than her mom and sisters (which they already have so much problems themselves) and TJ being the only friend she has, is now her bf.. she needs a real girlfriend or a senior whom she can confide and get wise advice from.. WW fits the bill. and more importantly, WW has more influence in her successful status and friendship with Chairman Han.. she can make a huge difference. :grin:

Yes! Even from the first epi, i could sense WW being a supportive women’s empowerment advocate and this epi validated it.  I also fancy her to have a huge but secret role between our fave couple. 

 

One wishful thinking... taeju can just assume his successor training timetable but assume a faceless identity in the company. Since everyone already knows he is mingling among the workers, he can have the upper hand of watching staff for who and what they are at the same time, people will know that the chairman’s son is hard at work. Hah, what-ifs and mind ramblings... :sweat_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the proposed scene for TJ and MR, i could only analyse few things after MR rejected :

1. Abandon child status is not a real big issue, nothing to hide in a relationship if she truly loves him (there are many abandon and succide cases in Korea society), this will only happen in Kdrama if it takes it a big issue for relationship. Bottom line is , she should tell him her past background, not just hide....(Unless the lady was being rape during younger time and had been through the trauma period, then it would be so hard for her to reveal her past and accept a new love or enter into a marriage because it takes a long long time to heal. But for this case, they are not)

 

2. Her real inner call should be her ambition calls, she wants to prove that she can climb up by herself with her own capability to reach her dream.

 

3. At this point of time, TJ doesn't provide any sense of "security" , not just in terms of monetary sense, but it must be a grow up mature mindset that most women want. 

 

I kept hypnotising myself when i see both parties want to hide their identities in their relationship....... this is a kdrama only .....:w00t:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Since everyone already knows he is mingling among the workers, he can have the upper hand of watching staff for who and what they are at the same time, people will know that the chairman’s son is hard at work. Hah, what-ifs and mind ramblings... :sweat_smile:

hahaha :tounge_xd: but the thing is not about what the staff in the company see, its how MR feels later on when she knows the truth.. plenty of chances for them to confess but neither of them did it. MR doesnt know a thing about TJ’s parents except his mom passed away when he was at a young age and that SJ and uncle know that his dad is a businessman. then again, both had that one secret they din say to each other so call that quits? lol MR has more reasons to be angry with TJ though.. his identity plays a more impact in their relationship than IS being MR’s birth mom. MR is still “the daughter of the shabby ox bone soup restaurant” as how IS said.. nothing much. but TJ, his real identity will affect everyone around him..

 

and lets hope Director Park helps a little. he seems reasonable and should not let IS waver his integrity.. so whats with IS trying to help his unwed pregnant daughter find a good husband?!?! its not going to hide the fact that his daughter is an unwed mom.. :unamused: ask her to abandon the baby and live like how IS has been living for the past 28yrs? omg absurd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MR is seemingly staying at TJ place. There was a picture of her mom with TJ on his dresser a few episodes ago. Did he hide it?  There is no way MR wouldn’t see that... Since TJ knows what his dad is planning with MR he is rushing/pushing the marriage. While I would like for them to eventually do get married, I feel now is not ideal. They have major secrets between them. I think with MR personality the fact that his faux mom is her mom won’t sit well with her.

 

My prediction: MR finds out the truth, bolt to China under WW and comeback as either WW right hand or be in charge all together. Her revenge towards IS will be taking down Hansung & end up clashing with TJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to this drama every weekend mainly because of the MR and TJ story.  Their relationship has been progressing nicely so far, but even though they have kind of agreed to keep a secret each, it is hard to build trust in a relationship if you keep secrets like that. 

We did not hear TJ's response when IS asked him how far was he going to take the relationship with MR. The next moment, we saw him proposing. It could show that he did not want his status as the heir to affect her answer and want to cement their relationship before revealing the truth. But he cannot take too long to tell MR the truth before he totally loses her trust. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Abandon child status is not a real big issue, nothing to hide in a relationship if she truly loves him (there are many abandon and succide cases in Korea society), this will only happen in Kdrama if it takes it a big issue for relationship. Bottom line is , she should tell him her past background, not just hide..

 

I agree that being a kdrama, the writer has to create conflict and that`s what she came up with. :lol:

About the truth...both of them should tell the truth. I don`t think Mi Ri won`t tell Tae Joo about In Sook because she thinks there is an issue about being an abandoned child. Speaking about this issue, in Korean society, from what I read, there was a problem, at least in earlier times. Women could fake a pregnancy than adopt openly, childred were bullied.... I am glad it is not the case here. No, Mi Ri doesn`t tell she is adopted because she is afraid how she is perceived. The "problem" is herself like she told Tae Joo when she rejected this marriage proposal. She is unconfortable right now, she suffers in silence with In Sook`s rejection the second time. She did not tell what bothers her to Sun Ja (we know how she reacted when she found out but not from Mi Ri. Sun ja exagerated but her reasons to be upset were valid. Almost 30 years together as a family but she doesn`t share her problems). She is suportive, she helps them, loves the family but somehow, to not give 100% was upseting for Sun ja.  The same pathern with Tae Joo. He really knows something is bothering her, he is frustrated and upset that she doesn`t include him in her life compleatly. She knows she has to tell the truth but she postpones the decision to reveal the truth for later. She told him in his episode "I will tell you later". Why later? Because it is her way to control the issues. When a problem accures she wants to solve it first and then she will tell others what was the problem. In a relationship it doesn`t work this way. Her partner doesn`t want to know what was the problem after being resolved, he wants to know now to try to solve it together, to talk about it. It is a way to include the other significant partner in your life.

 

Tae Joo said when he proposed her the marriage: "I want a relationship which is a lot deeper than this, a relationship that you`re my half, my family, my love, my everything." Beautiful words but right now Mi Ri can`t give him that. Until Mi Ri will really open herself to Tae Joo, they won`t have this beautiful relationship. He has good qualities to be a great partner, he is patient and loves her very much, but he should not hurry now. She is not ready for marriage.

 

I know that I am giving In Sook and Chariman Han the hard time because they are against Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s realtionship, but they could be a blessing in disguise.  Except for the rush to get marry of Tae Joo, having opposition could make their relationship stronger. They have to fight for their happiness, rely on each other.

 

 

Saying that, I am still upset of Chairman Han who says in the preview: "I will ostracize her from the industry". :angry: He is blackmailing him to accept an offer he doesn`t like. He has changed his mind again? He thought that a marriage between Mi ri and Tae Joo was not that bad idea. Ugh!

 

@chdom, @Trings welcome to Mother of Mine thread. Nice to read your comments.

 

2 hours ago, chdom said:

Since TJ knows what his dad is planning with MR he is rushing/pushing the marriage. While I would like for them to eventually do get married, I feel now is not ideal. They have major secrets between them. I think with MR personality the fact that his faux mom is her mom won’t sit well with her. 

 

2 hours ago, Trings said:

Their relationship has been progressing nicely so far, but even though they have kind of agreed to keep a secret each, it is hard to build trust in a relationship if you keep secrets like that. 

 Totally agree.

 

We have a long time to go. Lots of episodes. And their relationship will grow. It will have ups and downs but we will cheer on them to make it, to become a beautiful, strong and happy couple in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...