[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

No no no what I meant to say is that the ring went on the left ring finger. Not the usual right ring finger where I see couple rings go. In Kdramas. Because for those dramas the writers tend to make the leads break up. It's like or implied that the right hand is for couples but its like dating couples. But when you want to make it look serious, go with the left hand. Where the wedding ring goes. But it's not engagement yet. But left hand trumps right hand. Then its a sign of full on opposition to the relationship.

Sorry, don't get what you mean, are you saying it's writer intention to put the ring on MR left hand to imply there will be a break up? :unsure:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice development with TJ and MR.

But . . .

You shouldn't get serious with someone until you let them know who you are.

Now you might think it's the same to TJ and MR.

I don't.

MR's bio-mom ended that relationship. They don't have a relationship. As far as MR is concerned IS is still trying to end that relationship.The only reason for MR to tell TJ the truth is if she thing IS will retaliate and ruin his career.

TJ's relationship with his family is on going.  He knows how they are which is one reason he is living away from them.  He should tell her before trying to get her to commit.

32 minutes ago, hushhh said:

TJ's relationship with his family is on going.  He knows how they are which is one reason he is living away from them.  He should tell her before trying to get her to commit.

They are still in the beginning of their relationship. Their relationship will grow. They did not become yet a very strong couple. Of course, he should have told her who he is and she should have told him who In Sook is.

Because there are secrets between them, their relationship will face a crissis. The break up it will be inevitable but after that if they will decide that they want to be together, they can become a strong couple. 

I am sorry for Mi Ri to fall in love with Chairman`s Han`s son. I wish he was not his son. But there has to be a little drama in kdrama.  :phew: I don`t like his family at all. Tae Joo has to stay firm against his father. He proved that he is determined, he can live on his own. He will chose Mi Ri if he has to but I feel sorry for Mi Ri when she will face difficulties at work. I could see the Chairman being unfair towards Mi ri. She worked for ten years with dedication, she spent  one of her best years trying to make herself a name in the company, she was loyal and profesionist. She doesn`t deserve to lose everything just because Chairman Han doesn`t like that she is dating his son. This snob and misoginistic a** should be happy that Tae Joo loves a woman like her.

I agree, he should tell her, it's a secret he can not keep any longer.

But he has no idea how big it is. I think he thinks the only problem is his family against their relationship and he is trying not to worry Mi Ri. But he must tell her, before she figures it out in another way.

18 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Choi Myoung-Gil is doing a great job playing In Sook. I like her suits.

I still don`t get In Sook. Why did she do that to Mi Ri? I still wait to see if there is a bigger picture here. I can`t understand her selfishness. If everyone will know that Mi Ri is her biological daughter is still not a big deal. Why she makes it that big? She portrays herself as perfect and now she can`t deal with consequences of her action?

She showed a little guilty conscience when she saw the flowers brought by TJ and when she stopped Chairman Han when he tried to embarrass Mi Ri in front of the executives. Too litle I say.

32 minutes ago, larus said:

I still don`t get In Sook. Why did she do that to Mi Ri? I still wait to see if there is a bigger picture here. I can`t understand her selfishness. If everyone will know that Mi Ri is her biological daughter is still not a big deal. Why she makes it that big? She portrays herself as perfect and now she can`t deal with consequences of her action?

She showed a little guilty conscience when she saw the flowers brought by TJ and when she stopped Chairman Han when he tried to embarrass Mi Ri in front of the executives. Too litle I say.

It's going to be a big deal for TJ. She raised TJ, maybe because She wanted manipulate him in the future. She could be the true leader behind this guy. I think She is a selfish and ambitious woman.

24 minutes ago, hell59 said:

So it is implied that they slept together and he sealed the deal with a ring?

Yeah....

14 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

It's going to be a big deal for TJ. She raised TJ, maybe because She wanted manipulate him in the future. She could be the true leader behind this guy. I think She is a selfish and ambitious woman.

I still don`t get it. If he wants to be the woman behind Tae Joo it wouldn`t be more easier to accept the relationship, to keep close both Tae Joo and Mi Ri and not antagonised them?

In Sook looks like a desperate woman. She wants Mi Ri out of the company(out of her life) at any cost. Chairman Han knows that she abandoned her daughter. Let say that he will find out that Mi Ri is her daughter. So what? I don`t get the logic. If she is afraid that Tae Joo will reject her if he knew that she abandoned Mi Ri.... it could be but still I don`t think he will do that. I still feel she makes it out of proportion.

15 minutes ago, larus said:

If she is afraid that Tae Joo will reject her if he knew that she abandoned Mi Ri.... it could be but still I don`t think he will do that.

Yeah, I really think this is her fear, for me it's the reason that makes sense, but It can be other thing for sure. Something we don't know yet.

@lebeaucouple I am off to work and don't probably have time to clarify any queries. 

Can anyone remember dramas where the couple rings go on the left ring finger vs the right ring finger? The left ring finger is usually for the engagement ring and signifies  if the writer wants to imply SERIOUS relationship here. I recall more right ring finger moments than left.

This is a weekend drama. And Kdramas like to foreshadow things. That is why  if the writer is sloppy things go out of whack.

There are certain themes in a weekend drama. Family relationship must always end well by ep 50 being the main lesson.

Birth secrets. Noble idiocy break up. Abandonment. Cancer or death. Family pressure/ difficulty/ finance issues ie debt etc.  With a touch of blackmail. Not too much physical violence hopefully. Family meals with Korean food- week day dramas are when you get Subway/ pizza and  steak/ pasta. 2 to 4 couples with at least one wedding. That's the weekend drama.

Look at the above. We are at ep 18. 32 episodes to go. There are at least 2 lots of break up happening. Based on the hints then the viewer will or can guess which one is going to be bigger.

Currently the writer is going for In Sook and secret more than the Chairman separating. I mean all 3 are there. But the IS and secret is being ramped up in the storyline. Listen to what IS is saying re the marketing team and MR. Then MR and her position going with TR and the graduate hire. The Chairman hasn't done what the usual family opposition moves yet. He's mild compared to what I have seen. He hasn't met her directly yet regarding the relationship.

I don't know but it seems to be setting up for a massive confrontation. But 18 episodes is still early for a serious relationship. It usually can take to almost ep 30 to get a confession. And sometimes even longer for a couple to get together.

To give a couple ring and first night scene in week 9 of a 50 ep drama is early. So the ring goes on the left. Hint hint. Serious here. It can turn into an engagement in a flash.

He has said love a few times. Hit that with a confrontation by let's say ep 24- 26 and we are then set for a separation. At the usual drama time it is supposed to happen.

But then that's just me. Might have been Kdrama trained. I started Kdramas and immediately or almost immediately was trained to notice details since I used to do a bit more than watch. Inevitably which episode had good moments and when episodes dragged. And I want to die and chuck the drama but couldn't because I was committed to subbing or a team. I hate weekend dramas subbing. When dramas drag you lose subbers  and your brain is wired to know " ergh, its coming its coming. How many episodes is it going to be. Please, please don't make it more than 10 episodes of suffering."

Weekday drama separations are usually 4 episodes. 24 episode dramas can drag on for 8. That's how it rolls.  A long bad drama separation are those over 20 episodes long.

So right ring finger. And left ring finger moments? Tends to stick in my head.

And now really need go to work. May not comment till next week. Since I watched most of ep 18 IS moments and heard her. Ergh. What a selfish woman.

I like weekend dramas because they use every day conversations and its the easiest to learn Korean. And I probably learnt to cook because of the dishes on the dinner table. Don't knock those family meals. My banchan repertoire has greatly increased watching the dishes. Hahaha. All the Koreans I know are impressed I can cook so much. And practising your standard Seoul accent? Use the weekend dramas. A lot a lot of everyday vocabulary.

But I digress from the right ring finger comment. But that's my take on the left hand. And a branded ring vs a spur of the moment ring on finger moment.

So today this is the episode where mothers get called out for bad behavior.

I don't think that IS is only doing whatever she is plotting just to get power and money. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

Whatever IS is trying to do--no matter how noble or just she think she is, her methods are bad, really problematic.

I also have questions about the writing and the editing.  Sometimes it seems like too different writer with different intentions. 

The editing seems to have these graceless jumps that makes disrupts the flow of the show.

After the meeting with Chairman Grandpa, the way IS treated Director Park, one of only two people in the corporation on her side, made no sense.  Then in the same episode in IS's second meeting with Director Park she acted as if they relationship was as strong as ever and tried to bribed him with a good marriage for his daughter.  Well, Park may seem to go along with her plans, but she has revealed a ruthless about her that he did not know existed.  He always spoke of her kindness to him, so the way she is treating her daughter is a shock to him and may lead him to re-evaluate who he thinks she in..

What I find so disgusting about IS's actions in these last two episodes is that she's been putting pressure on MiRi by lying and using information unscrupulously to have people MiRi care about to pressure MiRi. She tried to get the chairman to fire her and her mother pressure her to leave the country.

--ANOTHER TOPIC--

I try to pay attention where the camera lingers.  
Sometimes it's just product placement [Yeah, Tiffany has . nice boxes], other times it is a plot point.

The camera lingered on the picture of IS and TJ in TJ's bedroom.  
I suspect the next time MiRi is in TJ's bedroom she will see it and ask questions.

6 hours ago, larus said:

Choi Myoung-Gil is doing a great job playing In Sook. I like her suits.

It is a very big deal for people to know about her biological daughter.

Korea is a very conservative society.  Look at how IS is using Director Park's unmarried daughter's pregnancy to blackmail him.

-As best I can figured it, IS was a newsreader.  Still not in the proper social level to marry into the chairman's family.

-The public image she has created one of kind down to earth rich madame.  This is why Director Park admire her. This was why she took off her show and the company's event to get herself on the same lever as ordinary employees.

--That image would be blown to bit if it was reveal that she abandoned her daughter to be raised to the owner of a lowly ox-bone restaurant.

--She would lose everything thing she had worked for since she married into the famiy.

- Chairman would kick her out of family.  She would lose all power. TJ might turn against her because he would doubt her sincerity. The board and the employees would turn against. The entire society would turn against her.

6 hours ago, larus said:

Yeah....

I still don`t get it. If he wants to be the woman behind Tae Joo it wouldn`t be more easier to accept the relationship, to keep close both Tae Joo and Mi Ri and not antagonised them?

In Sook looks like a desperate woman. She wants Mi Ri out of the company(out of her life) at any cost. Chairman Han knows that she abandoned her daughter. Let say that he will find out that Mi Ri is her daughter. So what? I don`t get the logic. If she is afraid that Tae Joo will reject her if he knew that she abandoned Mi Ri.... it could be but still I don`t think he will do that. I still feel she makes it out of proportion.

--The chairman would do all he can to kill any serious relationship that TJ has that isn't on the same socio-economic level.  FRom my understanding --gleaned from dramas-- marriages on that socio-economic level are more like business mergers than romantic coupling.  Think about it as functioning the same marriages between foreign royalty when Europe was ruled by king and queens. 

--How is IS suppose to support a relationship/marriage between her "son" and daughter.  What would her society think of it.  It isn't genetic incest but it is  weird--under usual circumstances.  It's like someone allowing their child to marry their stepbrother.  In dramas, it even an issue if someone falls in love with her sibling's spouse's sibling. 

I've watched both episodes and wow. My opinion of In sook is even worse now. Tbh, although I don't know her true motives yet I'm disgusted seeing how she treats people. And don't even get me started on the chairman (In sook learnt this behaviour from him)  when he was staring at mi ri's ring.

TJ is so amazing. He acts cute and childlike but at the same time doesn't back down and defends mi ri. :love:        

Few other things about these episodes, I know I was complaining last week about Jae bum but he was even worse this week. He's a stalker and I hate how everyone is enabling his behaviour. I started clapping when the part timer told the family that JB is an obsessive stalker and they should call the police. Mi sun's husband and MIL are as always trash. The FIL likes to act like he's great as well but all he does is complain. Fix your own meals, for God's sake. :angry:.

I hope SJ finds things she loves doing so that she stops feeling empty when her daughter's aren't there.  Last thing I wanted to say was, I want to find my own TJ, asap. :lol::lol:

After watching the two ep with the sub, i like how MR fight for herself during the conversation alone with her bio mum, one inside the lift, the other one is the ending part of Ep 18,....

she said : I am not leaving, I will stay right here (Thumbs up)...she was firm at that moment. I hate the way when her bio mum IS said "......you were raised by poor family", couldn't she remb she was the only reason why her daughter was raised up by poor family because she abandoned her....:angry:

I was sad to see MR often cry whenever she met her both mum....i knew these are their emotional scenes which are unavoidable, but i want MR continue to be strong in her role in this drama......she was lucky to meet TJ in the company in this drama, if this happens in real life with TJ role absence, she will be alone to fight against with the top management, or she will quit the job and find some other competitive MNC. With her competency, she is no doubt able to get one fast.....

Back to drama, TJ will emotional support her all the way which can be seen in the next week EP.

PS : EP18, I noticed that TJ and MR did not hold hands on that part while they were scrolling in the evening, having conversation about the chairman sudden came to office ...shouldn't their relationship even closer or even intimate after having sleeping together :w00t::lol:? They should have a forehead goodbye kiss before he got on a taxi....something like that.... I still find that a bit distance for both, hahaha.....Am i the only one spotted that....

MR, fighting...to all the mum and sisters, fighting....:wub:

“Mother Of Mine” Achieves Highest Ratings Yet As Hong Jong Hyun And Kim So Yeon Take Their Relationship To The Next Level

by E. Cha
6e9e4a86f650409da2470df1a188cffa.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” shows no signs of slowing down!

On May 19, the hit weekend drama broke its own personal record once again as its viewership ratings soared to a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Mother of Mine” scored average nationwide ratings of 27.4 percent during its first half and 33.1 percent during its second.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1325763wpp/mother-of-mine-achieves-highest-ratings-yet-as-hong-jong-hyun-and-kim-so-yeon-take-their-relationship-to-the-next-level

Hello my beloved chingus,

Hope everyone has been well!! Sorry my caseload has been insane recently but i've made a comeback not that anyone was waiting.

With regards to ep 17- i was irritated that IS in her own narcissistic arrogance thought that she could turn her intelligent and capable daughter into a gullible fool by suggesting that MR going away to study was for her own good. It was a triumphant moment to see MR talk back and ask if it really was for her own good. IS underestimates our two love birds and overestimates her place in their lives too.

I must say that the writers are now progressing TJ's character. We're seeing a steady rise in his "manly" tastes and preferences. Eg, his switch from cans of beer to whisky- we've seen this in 2 episodes now. It's subtle hints that the writers use to create a sense of maturity in a character. We're seeing a pouty playful boy turning into a determined young man who wants nothing more for his love to be happy. We see his growing care and concern for MR and it is nice to see that he blew off IS during dinner to make sure his love MR was alright. Now i will say a few things about our couple first. I was kind of worried that the whole bed scene would be vulgar and distasteful and might even come out that TJ took advantage of MR's intoxicated state to induce that bed scene BUT i was mildly surprised that it was not done that way. The morning after indicated TJ's maturity and how he comforted her and treated her (not embarrassing her further but re-assuring her) was great. He knew how to make his lady feel good and alleviated some of her embarrassment and that was important to show their growth as a couple and for the characters. Even better his re-assurance that it was not just a one night stand- by producing the ring and already having his around his neck did indicate his seriousness and commitment to their relationship which i was pleased about. 

MS's mother in law is literally the worst character in this show. I find their family situation has gone from funny to just plain sad. It's a lot darker than the laughs it tries to illicit from the audience. I don't like that she's thoughtless, bitter and selfish but it's nice that she's the antithesis of SJ. We can see that both women may have been hard done by, but then we see how SJ's selfless care for her family contrasts that of MS's mother in law. MS's mother in law has enjoyed her life in the years that she was not taking care of DB. Yet now all of a sudden she's victimizing herself and trying to play wounded martyr the minute she finds out that SJ went on a small trip (not even overseas may I add) and taking a break- forgetting that SJ works 10x harder than she probably ever did by having to single handedly raise 3 daughters and educate them and run a restaurant. MS's mother in law needs some character growth herself. Also MS's husband need a hard knock on his head. He's whiny, greedy and selfishly indulges in things without preparing for his family first. Just like his mother. I'm curious as to whether he has other siblings because MO kept talking about raising children who had gone to prestigious universities- but it's mentioned that JS didn't go to a great uni?  I'm a bit confused.

All in all it's been great watching these few episodes and I can't wait for next week- we have  some cuddle scenes!

I just can't believe that CEO, she's not deserve to be anyone mother :rage::rage:

that sly fox, i want to slap her to the moon and back :rage::rage:

Did they just got engaged by themselves... good job Tae Joo :wub::wub::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

I love Mi Ri stand up against her selfish bastard that tried to claim as her mother, can't wait to see next episode,  love you to the moon and back TJ, fight for your love, MR need a man like him :wub::wub:

13 hours ago, hushhh said:

Chairman would kick her out of family.  She would lose all power. TJ might turn against her because he would doubt her sincerity. The board and the employees would turn against. The entire society would turn against her.

Your whole explanation is plausible but I have it is hard for me to digest all this. I still believe that the consequences of revealing the truth are exagerated.

I know that Chairman Han is obsessed with a perfect clean image of the company but he is not innocent if the truth will be revealed. He put the pressure on In Sook and her husband, he put a condition to accept In Sook in the family. Maybe he thought a mother won`t abandone her daughter and he waited to see how determined she is. He thought that the daughter will stay hidden forever? It was a cost they have assumed. What was so terrible for a woman with a child to marry a second time? Yeah... they marry with people from high class and they are so pure. Bla.... 

If Chairman is claming to be an inteligent man, he will realised after having all facts that what In Sook says is right. She did not know Mi ri is her daughter. He has power, he could cover the truth to not be reveal to the press.

The truth won`t stay hidden for long. I can`t wait for everything to be revealed and all those hypocrites to show their true color.

In Sook is doing everything to cover the truth about Mi Ri. She blackmailed Director Park, manipulated Sun ja, revealed Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s relationship to get herself some time. She is despicable but for me the chairman  is on the same level or more. If In Sook is the sinner who sold her soul, Chairman Han is the Devil. I was disgusted with Tae Joo`s father seeing that meeting. Creepy old man.

I loved to see Tae Joo being ferm against both of them. In the preview he told them that he will go with Mi ri if she will accept the proposition. (I assume Weng Wei will give her an offer to go to China).

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I was sad to see MR often cry whenever she met her both mum....i knew these are their emotional scenes which are unavoidable, but i want MR continue to be strong in her role in this drama....

It is natural to feel emotional after so many years dealing with abandonment issues and now she saw how her biological mother will want to abandone her again. She is dealing with lots of stress right now. Her career is at risk. She could cry as much as she wants but in the end I want her to react to injustice, to speak her mind and do what is right. I am glad that she has Tae Joo on her side and she has her family to lean on when it is hard.

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

PS : EP18, I noticed that TJ and MR did not hold hands on that part while they were scrolling in the evening, having conversation about the chairman sudden came to office ...shouldn't their relationship even closer or even intimate after having sleeping together :w00t::lol:? They should have a forehead goodbye kiss before he got on a taxi....something like that.... I still find that a bit distance for both, hahaha.....Am i the only one spotted that....

I think you know how Kdramas are by now. I think 95% of love realtionship in kdramas are like that. Unbelievable, I know. :phew:

8 hours ago, smhelen said:

Poor mother; first, it was an inedible steak and next it is a burnt pizza. She can't win.

I noticed the steak too but the burnt pizza was too much. They even ate some pizza. :lol:

8 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

It was a triumphant moment to see MR talk back and ask if it really was for her own good. IS underestimates our two love birds and overestimates her place in their lives too.

Glorious moment. She did not know what to say. :D

Archived