[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

12 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i assumed being super smart and topping class with high grades MR could probably skipped a few years ahead of peers of same age? she did mention to TJ that she had been living life with a heart of steel at work.. and also, she is a perfectionist. see how serious she is at offsite visits in the boutiques, its 100% work dedication.

as for TJ, Chairman Han did rebuke him that for a child who lost his mom at young age, he craves for attachment. the GM from Hell must have left him a duper deep impression to be aroused his curiosity and attracted to her hahahaha :grimace:

and while waiting for MS AND HER FLYING KICK, im rewatching old kdrama I Have a Lover to kill time haha

I agreed that generally younger men or junior position usually and easily fond of their lady boss due to her charm, her dedication, her meticulous at work, etc...with TJ craves for attachment character due to his background, it is very likely fall for her. Moreover, her character is very different during work and after work, that shown another side of her that attracted him to draw near to her, look at the night hour drinking session with her, the way he kept testing her whether her worried face was due to her ex-bf issue....etc etc etc....he was so funny. I love this couple's conversation and their facial expression, it was really funny :w00t::wub:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually lets calculate,

MR has 10yrs working experience at Hansung Apparel.. if she is 34 now, she joined when she was 24.. and she was still a team leader when that funny cat lover Mr Park first joined the team as a new recruit 3 years ago? so she only stepped up as the youngest GM for a year or two..

this is probably MR first job after graduation, since MS was the one who accompanied her for the interview..

@lebeaucouple you meant all the clumsy.. tipsy.. drunk.. totally un-GM image.. :lol:

somehow I got the feeling that there might be more reason behind why IS abandon MR and it might have something to do with the HAN family, something like revenge, maybe her husband death have something to do with the HAN?? :p :p

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@lebeaucouple you meant all the clumsy.. tipsy.. drunk.. totally un-GM image.. :lol:

:lol: that's interesting....let's discuss on generic case, usually men look at women first on their pretty face or her body, followed by her inner beauty....so this is already a plus point for MR's pretty look and her body,  however, we minus out her "authoritarian leader style" that being strict and stern for her behaviour and speech, she has other side of look, its her "cute" look :w00t: (including the unpleasant side of un-GM image and behaviour which had discovered by TJ and thus even made him like her more).

Talking about age gap, an interesting article shown on statistics report that, younger men (between age 25 to 32) tends to attract to older women, however, men at (age above 35 onwards)....men prefer younger women ....To agree or disagree is very subjective but certainly there are some proven data shown....of course there are also tends to have exceptional case or outlier one. :blush::lol:

although she is not a popular char here right now (like most of us want to spit hellfire at her) but... here’s IS instagram:

https://instagram.com/myungchoi1111?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1z929a5gr5t0

and she received flowers! haha mothers’ day this weekend so lets hope the episode is slightly happier for SJ, IS, MS.. :lol:

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Talking about age gap, an interesting article shown on statics report that, younger men between age 25 to 32) tends to attract to older women, however, men at age around 35 onwards....men prefer younger women

no wonder i dun have much luck with guys around my age.. they like SYT :tears: hahaha

@lebeaucouple i think MR started to get cute in TJ eyes not during the time she got drunk in the lift, but the “die from embarrassment” moment when TJ told her how drunk she was and had to piggyback her blah blah blah and she was covering her face and ears to hear what she did.. i LOL while watching that epi :P

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

although she is not a popular char here right now (like most of us want to spit hellfire at her) but... here’s IS instagram:

We know to to differentiate between the actress and her character.

I find In Sook interesting. I wish they will go on the path where she will be a thorn on Chairman Han`s side/back. :lol:

20 hours ago, maribella said:

She surely would not make GM at 34 by not making known what she wants. Unless her private persona and her public persona are opposite.

TJ is so straight forward, wearing his heart on his sleeve, how could the writer make him fall for MR? Opposites attract?

Nobody is perfect. :lol:

Mi Ri is tough, she is a perfectionist at work. She has this attitude at work because it was necesary for her to succed but her nature is different. Mi Ri is a beautiful woman and even with her "tough" exterior,  Tae Joo, like any other man, found her intriguing.  It was good that Tae Joo became her neighbour because they could meet outside work many times. They started to see each in different light because they had opportunities to talk, to see each other in different situations.

Tae Joo is frank, is wearing his heart on his sleeve and Mi ri has more walls but they can complement each other . I think they are compatible. They have the same work etics, like same food, they can comunicate well. They are warm people.  What I like about them, even on their early stages, they often apologised when they did something wrong, they listen to each other`s opinion, they empathize with the perspective/view of the other person.  

Tae Joo is a chaebol heir but she likes Mi Ri the way she is. How bright was his smile when he saw Mi ri like a simple woman, wearing the apron, helping at the restaurant, being proud that her mother raised her this way.

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

no wonder i dun have much luck with guys around my age.. they like SYT :tears: hahaha

@lebeaucouple i think MR started to get cute in TJ eyes not during the time she got drunk in the lift, but the “die from embarrassment” moment when TJ told her how drunk she was and had to piggyback her blah blah blah and she was covering her face and ears to hear what she did.. i LOL while watching that epi :P

My dear sweet lady, you are funny.....but don't worry....your MR charming is coming soon :D

I love their interaction, and their sweet moment together.....the more interactions they have, the more sparkling it will be....:D

Let's wait and see how the Bio mum settle MR. I hope the storm don't come too fast....let this love bird enjoys their sweet moment first , and have another kiss again....kekeke  :P

6 hours ago, larus said:

Tae Joo is a chaebol heir but she likes Mi Ri the way she is. How bright was his smile when he saw Mi ri like a simple woman, wearing the apron, helping at the restaurant, being proud that her mother raised her this way.

TJ is different from other chaebol heirs ..he worked his way from the bottom to the top..he is also humble and so warm..i think he complements MR in many ways~ she seems cold on the outside but actually have a warm heart too.. i hope they'll get married in the drama.. i cant wait to see what IS will do if her estranged daughter suddenly becomes her daughter in law (kinda).. 

2 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i cant wait to see what IS will do if her estranged daughter suddenly becomes her daughter in law (kinda).

haha im hoping that IS will finally realise that all the worldly things (fame and fortune) cant be compared to her daughter’s happiness.. since she remarried into Han family for 10yrs or so without bearing a child before her husband  passed away then probably Chairman Han could have already removed (or not even added her name into the family registry). she can still choose to leave the Han family as a free woman, not a sister in law of Chairman Han. this way, MR and TJ can still get married without the estranged relationship :rolleyes:

hey IS can reconcile with SJ and help in the oxtail soup restaurant haha so that SJ bro can go full time in the rockstar band :lol:

lastly, MS AND HER FLYING KICK!! *throws confetti*

15 hours ago, larus said:

We know to to differentiate between the actress and her character.

. :lol:

When I read the forum posts I'm not always sure about that. 

When the forum start shipping the actors--I know I'm alone in this--but I find it a huge turn off and when the fans get rabid it ruins my enjoyment of the series.

A drama set is a work place.  I'd hope people don't ship their accountant and copy editor at work, so I just don't get it when the forum starts shipping actors instead of characters.

@hushhh dun worry i think we ship drama chars more than the actual actor/actress.. we feel the happiness, the sadness and the pain in the drama plot.. thats why we go by their drama names not their real names.. well, unless some particular ones have been really consistent with all their works tugging us with their every drama then i would say that im a fan of this actor or that actress B) i like Park Shin Hye in Doctors and Pinocchio but i cant say the same for Memories of Alhambra lol but in general if she has new works, i will take extra notice!

instagram is a good source to check for extra bit of bts news especially the official IG for actors actresses and coffee trucks..

btw, another place to download and enjoy ost is dorama music.. all the kdrama and series from other countries can be found there. its a nice place no irritating ads. really made to share with fans.. part 1-4 ost for mother of mine is there already, so enjoyz!

The kiss would be sexy, if they were already in a relationship. 

But, MR accepted that, so its okay. :)

Such a beautiful scene when MR touched TJs hand, and when they

walked the street hand in hand, after. :wub:

Besides, that the only other thing I liked was that MR changed 

her nail polish. :D

On 5/8/2019 at 6:44 PM, Matilda_Anne said:

i cant wait to see what IS will do if her estranged daughter suddenly becomes her daughter in law (kinda).. 

I can`t wait to see the scene where she realise that Tae Joo loves her daughter. So far she has some signs but I am curious what she will say now that she know who is Mi ri.

If she wanted Mi ri out of company for her secret to remain hidden, I don`t think she will like that Mi Ri is getting more close for Han family, more close to her vecinity.

I said it before that I feel we`ll find more things about In Sook. She loves her daughter but not more than herself. So far we don`t have prove that she is different.

The major weakness of Mi Ri is her biological mother. She inflicted a phychological trauma on Mi Ri and it will be so sad to witness how she will be heartboken again. When she will find out that In sook wanted her out of the company, she will feel like another rejection from her. In the preview, there is a scene when Mi ri says (to herself) "I`m sorry Mom" to In Sook. Initially I thought that she had to do something for her interest in the company that could cause a problem for In Sook (it would have been OK with me) but  I think she feels sorry that she might cause a problem for In Sook with the Chairman if he finds out she is her daughter (I hope it is not that). 

It will be interesting to see the relationship between In Sook and Mi ri after the revelation.

18 hours ago, hushhh said:

When the forum start shipping the actors--I know I'm alone in this--but I find it a huge turn off and when the fans get rabid it ruins my enjoyment of the series. 

I don`t think I was active in a drama thread where people were shipping the actors in real life but I know that there is a phenomenon.  I am OK with those who keep it modarated but I don`t like those who are crossing the line. I think the later are somehow imature/ very young. What surprises me every time is that some people are affected by the characters on screen. They feel a negative response for actors who play the characters (usual villians). Acting is a job.  :)

I will let myself be captured by characters as long as this series lasts and I am hoping to see more cute scenes of Mi ro and Tae Joo. Those scenes make me smile. :P

In the new stills we see Mi Sun`s father in law taking her side and give a warning to his son.

201905100992315670_1.jpg

http://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201905100992315670

Yoo Sun`s BTS

309096_219083_3737.jpg

On the 8th, I had an interview with Yoo Seon at a coffee shop in Samcheong-dong. She told me that she played a different mother character, from the movie ' Don't Cry Mommy ' to the drama 'My daughter is the most beautiful in the world' and the movie 'Little client'.

http://www.dtoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=309096

Annyeong!  Decided to pop in and comment.  I don't usually watch long family dramas but I like Kim So Yeon so thought i'd check it out.  

Wonder if anyone feels about me with my views:
The sympathy votes seems to be going Miri's way right now but somehow I have a feeling that the drama is going to flip and turn it on Tae Joo instead. We have seen that this drama is not so slow paced.. Things move quickly.  I have this feeling that IS abandoned Miri because she is on a dangerous mission to take revenge on the Hans.  I don't know what the deal is.  There are a few things I am still pondering over .. just theories:
The name of the restaurant is Han Cheon ... it could be as it is a Korean word to mean regret or whatever it would mean in Korean but Han is also the surname of Han Tae Joo so I wonder if there is a relationship.
If IS is bent on revenge, she would want to shield Miri from being involved.  So when she tried to get rid of her the first time it was because Miri is hindering her plans of entrench herself to the Han corporation.  Now it is because she knows Miri is  her daughter.  I think we are fooled into thinking that she likes TJ so much because she is kind to him, make him all the shirts etc.  But when I watch their interaction, it seems like IS just wants to keep TJ close because he is her weapon for revenge.  She doesn't fail to tighten the noose each time she speaks to him making sure he is 100% on her side.  Why did TJ who rebelled and went to the Navy, work part time jobs etc suddenly would come back to the company.  I am sure it took a lot of IS's convincing.  She'll only feel secure if TJ takes over the company - why?  She is using him.  I think in the end it will be TJ who would hurt most and it would be Miri to console him.    Anyway, I do not think they will make the chairman an evil chairman because after all, this is a family drama and in the end TJ and Miri will end up together so everyone must forgive one another.  

I know everyone don't really like MS' mother in law but I actually feel sorry for her.  I think she has been living a life sacrificing for her family that she never had a chance to enjoy herself.  That's why it seems like she's behaving so selfishly now.  Her son is selfish because she has spoilt him.  And now as an adult, he and his wife are still needing help even though from the point of view of the mother in law, she should be able to enjoy her sunset years as a grandma.  Yes, why can't MS juggled just like she did?  Why must MS demand for equality when in the past, the mother in law proved that she had survived?  MS's MIL just serves to show the generation gap.  In fact, I think the FIL is a hypocrite if he is siding with MS now when he did not stand up to his mother in the treatment of his wife last time.  The husband expects all kinds of fish but seriously, why can't he cook it himself?

I find this show really quite interesting in their portrayal as mothers, the different kinds of mothers, in how they express love.  And the role of women in society.  How women treat and judge other women and how they all handled the adversity that came their way.    

4 hours ago, sheza said:

Annyeong!  Decided to pop in and comment.  I don't usually watch long family dramas but I like Kim So Yeon so thought i'd check it out.  

Hi, I am glad that you decided to join the discusion.

5 hours ago, sheza said:

I have this feeling that IS abandoned Miri because she is on a dangerous mission to take revenge on the Hans.  I don't know what the deal is.  There are a few things I am still pondering over .. just theories:

Interesting scenario with In Sook but I don`t think she wants revenge on Han family. We`ll see but from what I see so far, it did not see any sign to sustain that she has a heart full of revenge. If she will want to control Tae Joo after the Chairman is dead that I could see. I can`t seem to understand the way of her thinking. She left her daughter, causing her an emotional harm and waited 30 years to get the revenge? We have to watch more to understand all the characters. But what I am sure (because the writer make us doubt) In Sook has a story for what she did 28 years ago. (In sook has a fear of darkness, said that she abandoned Mi Ri to "protect" her). There is a reason and I want to know it.

At least, you came up with a scenario, I can`t even imagine one right now. :lol:

6 hours ago, sheza said:

MS's MIL just serves to show the generation gap.  In fact, I think the FIL is a hypocrite if he is siding with MS now when he did not stand up to his mother in the treatment of his wife last time.  The husband expects all kinds of fish but seriously, why can't he cook it himself?

Definetly with Mi Ok and Mi sun we see the generation gap. About Mi Sun`s father in law. I like that he is not self- centered and he shows emphaty. The fish issue? He expected fish for dinner and he did not get it. It is obvious that he can`t cook. When he did not eat outside, he made himself rameon (I remember that but I am not sure). What his wife did wrong, IMO,  was that she broke her promise. I saw him doing housework and his wife getting out to play golf or see her friends/ his crush master. How many times the reverse happens in real life!  I put an equal "blame" on him because of the way he raised his son. He had a job and his wife stayed at home but he has responsabilities to be involved more in the family as well.

6 hours ago, sheza said:

I find this show really quite interesting in their portrayal as mothers, the different kinds of mothers, in how they express love.  And the role of women in society.  How women treat and judge other women and how they all handled the adversity that came their way.    

I agree. You said it beautifully.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:01 AM, sadthe1st said:

haha im hoping that IS will finally realise that all the worldly things (fame and fortune) cant be compared to her daughter’s happiness.. since she remarried into Han family for 10yrs or so without bearing a child before her husband  passed away then probably Chairman Han could have already removed (or not even added her name into the family registry). she can still choose to leave the Han family as a free woman, not a sister in law of Chairman Han. this way, MR and TJ can still get married without the estranged relationship :rolleyes:

hey IS can reconcile with SJ and help in the oxtail soup restaurant haha so that SJ bro can go full time in the rockstar band :lol:

lastly, MS AND HER FLYING KICK!! *throws confetti*

Considering other 100 plus shows, I think you may be right. There is a kumbaya ending, nobody is left out even if she were a child abuser for 20 years. Come to think of it, one wife of adoptive mother was left out in the cold at the end in a show. That was the worst case scenario.

I hope they won't try to softsoap us by making what a pathetic childhood IS had, how her husband cheated on her or worse as a few have suggested some revenge is in the offing. I have had enough of that. We will then feel so sorry for her and let her waltz in taking over the soup shop after failing to take over HanSung. :D SJ then will go traipsing round the world. 

@sheza  you have a very interesting and reverse thinking opinion,....I like that. :D

I totally agreed that this drama is clearly reflecting the current women status in this society and not being treated well respect or equal in corporate ladder environment. No matter how IS struggle to go up, there is always the old man chairman behind to oversee her performance. This drama is women-centric story... :rolleyes:

I am curious to see if Mi Ri will take revenge after knowing her bio mum had accepted her resignation. Miri has a strong character, but she is also weak inside, so I would like to see any plans or a twist in between if any, on the upcoming EP.  :w00t:

Since you have a different opinion, i would like to hear from you and the rest of the chinggu from below....

I was quite surprised (same as TJ expression)  when mi ri expressed her feeling by using her hand to touch TJ across at the other side of table, this behavior quite an odd one because usually if a lady who attempts to do a first move will do so, only if she sit next to him at the bar counter or sit on the same row. I could understand her role is a "bold one" in this drama but using this something unconventional approach surprised me too. Can any lady friends in this forum share with us, have you ever used this approach to express your 1st feeling to your love one across the table ? Sorry, i am a curious but lovely cat......:blush:

Archived