[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

TJ called her eomma or eomoni- I can't remember what. But in one of the earlier episodes he definitely called her jageun eomma and in the conversation at the bar in this week's episode, he already mentioned his deceased mother. Plus mentioned his new stepmother.

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

It's easier to tell who's related to whom if you listen to the Korean way of addressing someone than depending on the subs.

I am sure it is easy to undertand family ties because of the way of addresing but not all of us know that. Thanks for giving us more information. Have a good trip. :D

I notice something else.

Jae Beom called Sun ja eomoni, just like Tae Joo called the same In Sook, but they are not related at all. I thought he said that because he feels close to the family. As we know, Jae Bum was Mi Hye`s boyfriend and he was close to her family and he is still close even after they broke up. Jae Bum called Young-Dal,  Samchon (uncle) for the same reason. 

Mi Ri and Tae Joo are not related as we know right now. They are not in the family register at all. In sook is a widow and even the chairman said that she could be considered out of the family if the wanted.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would assume IS doesnt not want Seung Yeon back in her life to jeopardise the efforts she put in for the past 28yrs in the Han family.. the next episode, seems like there is a ritual anniversary? TJ’s mom? IS’s second husband?

and i cant wait to see how JS was being “utilised” with the housework hahaha crying like a baby at the bus stop to his mom is even more.. amusing!! lololol

21 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i would assume IS doesnt not want Seung Yeon back in her life to jeopardise the efforts she put in for the past 28yrs in the Han family.

That is obvious why she doesn`t want her secrets to be discovered but why it is better for all involved. Sun ja and Seung Yeon/ Mi ri don`t have anything to do with Han family.

21 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

and i cant wait to see how JS was being “utilised” with the housework hahaha crying like a baby at the bus stop to his mom is even more.. amusing!! lololol

I loved it every minute of it. It was about time someone puts him to do house chores . He is crying like a little child/baby because he things it is hard for him. Let him see how hard was for Mi Sun or Sun ja  every day.

Filming Kim So yeon and Hong Jong Hyun

Mi Ri and Tae Joo walking together after work! :P The trees are in bloom. The love is in the air!!!

BTS

Kdrama Fashion

Spoiler

So, just so we are clear, IS took herself all the way down to SJ's restaurant after 28 years just to tell her to stay away and act as if they don't know one another. Madame, you need to tell yourself that. I felt like she showed her hand here. Clearly, the guilt of her actions is eating her up, otherwise she wouldn't have done that.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the scenes between MR and TJ. I like how in the beginning, everyone was telling him about how she was mean and difficult and he just disregarded that, got to know her and now they have a camaraderie that would shock the rest of the office. The scene with her sister meeting him was really funny. Personally, I don't think she is going to be too upset once she finds out who his father is, she may even already suspect that he is the son of someone wealthy. However, the separation is going to come when she finds out his relationship to her egg donor. 

I am amused by how many people in this thread don't like MH. I don't dislike her per se, she just needs to grow up and stop having a pity party for herself. She needs to have a mature heart to heart with JB and gently tell him she would rather they just be friends. Although, it is a bit telling that he is chasing after her so hard when she treats him like dirt. If she wants to be a serious novelist again, she is going to have to buckle down and focus. I am starting to believe something happened to her nine years ago. Time will tell.

I still don't like MS's husband or her MIL. I can't believe her husband has had her penny pinching while he saves his money to go on a trip without her and their child. He barely spends time with DB now. He is selfish to the highest degree and considering who his mother is, I don't see any of that changing. She may end up having to leave him.

kdrama ais life!

@larus and everyone chingus here! OMG OMG  OMG! I  loooooove TJ and MR  much! :love:

I squeal and so giddy. I just finished watching the  latest episodes with sub and their secnes. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hands down my favorite couple since Yong Tae and Sang Min  from drama Five Children.

Getting mad at IS  but TJ and MR is definitely the highlight of this drama! these episodes and eveyr other episodes!

The pouty way TJ stomp off.. MR apologizing and then going to  eat dinner at anearby 24 hour store because she left him all of sudden and to make up  and return his thoughtfulness and concern  she agreed to and he hook his arms around her...omg! love it!

Hong Jung Hyun and Kim So Yeon  have  this on screen charisma and they match evenly. The characters they portray   shows them both mature and strong. Thanks to well written characters for them.

My thoughts for the episodes.  well I'm no fan of IS (for now)  abandoning your child and then having guilt feelings, I understand she  wanted to have thriving career and now. she goes to SJ and  coming  back in their lives. Like what ? To reclaim what she gave up?! IS is starting to feel the pressure from  Chairman.

7 hours ago, larus said:

I understand In Sook`s position and I understand Mi ri as well. I am convinced that Tae Joo`s father wanted this situation.  After meeting with the Chairman Han, Mi Ri became bolder and started a little "coup" . If she doesn`t win this battle, it will be difficult for her. I bet Chairman Han is keeping his eyes on both of them (especially on MiRi). He has an agenda.

I feel that way too. But what could that agenda be? Do you think Chairman knows MR situation. Maybe he did a background check on her already .I don't like the Chaiamn too!

7 hours ago, larus said:

Chairman Han wanted to meet Mi Ri not only because he heard a lot of things about her from his people but now she is the direct boss of his son. Tae Joo had good things to say about her. Chairman Han noticed that his son trusts her. He knew that In Sook asked a background check about Mi Ri. He scolded her because of that but he is doing much much worst. I bet he knows that Tae Joo and Mi ri are getting close outside work. He won`t be on Mi Ri`s side, he won`t want Mi Ri with his son. We`ll see if I am right or wrong.

I'm also thinking that. he's cunning old goat! what could be his motive. But  i wonder who IS will react to the gowing closeness of TJ and MR. But wait.. did IS realized  already that MR is her daughter?

TJ and MR and the closeness are the calm before the storm. wait till revelations unravel one after the other. TJ is really goodfor MR she becomes this soft, we see her other side  more  with emotions and .. see her smiling and becoming warm. 

I dread scenario TJ MR  infront of chairman and then MR  finding  TJ really the heir of the company.  Or MR and IS  and TJ. If it comes to TJ choosing which is more important I hope it will be MR.

I have a wild theory that none of the girls are SJ''s biological daughter. In the drama, so far I have not heard any of them talk about their deceased father. Neither did we ever hear SJ mentioning her husband or talked about their father. She could have brought MS & MH from orphanage while MR was abandoned at her door step. So far we hAve not seen them do a memorial day for the deceased husband yet. 

The chairman looks old enough to be TJ's grandpa. He has a child with his new wife too? If this is a 100 parts' show, we may see TJ fighting for his inheritance.

I like TJ among the characters. The others are so belligerent, I hope they tone down all that quarrelling. Maybe replace the actress MH. Contorting her face all the time is neither cute nor funny. Why would a handsome, smart, successful publisher fall for her except as a potential marketable writer? She needs to change or we will only have one OTP. I cannot imagine the SIL to remain married to MS for 100 episodes.

I am ready for fireworks between IS and MR.

3 hours ago, smhelen said:

Can't he take her down anyway without using MR? 

Yeah that's very true. I was more guided by emotions earlier. 

But depending on how evil TJ's father is, the daughter taking down mother IS, is a much more entertaining version for him.

Even without such evil intentions, I don't think the chariman is guilt free. He likely contributed to the reason why IS abandoned MR. And it wouldn't be unlikely for him to know who MR is, giving his paranoid  behavior towards IS. I am saying it's possible that he doesn't know who MR is, and the current situation is a bad coincidence. But it's also possible that he does and so, the motive is probably something quite bad. 

On a different note. And probably something too far down the future. In the case MR and TJ can't end up together because the scars just cut too deep for MR. Maybe... she'll finally go on that blind date, and we see her ending up with Lee Sang Woo as cameo again? 

Hahaha just a thought since SoYoeon appeared as cameo for sangwoo and ended up as the crush for him in a drama he did last year. 

Kim So-yeon Lights Up the Set of "Mother of Mine"

photo1053567.jpg

Kim So-yeon was spotted behind-the-scenes of hit weekend drama, "Mother of Mine".

She takes on the role of Kang Mi-ri, a workaholic and loving second daughter in the KBS 2TV drama "Mother of Mine".

In the pictures, Kim So-yeon looks adorable She's posing with a peace sign for the camera and looks very energetic. She brightens up each space she's in.

Meanwhile, "Mother of Mine" can be seen every Saturday and Sunday at 7:55 PM KST.

source

14 hours ago, jongski said:

The pouty way TJ stomp off.. MR apologizing and then going to  eat dinner at anearby 24 hour store because she left him all of sudden and to make up  and return his thoughtfulness and concern  she agreed to and he hook his arms around her...omg! love it!

I loved that scene. I loved all but that was one of my favorites from the episode. :P

They are in a romantic relationship already but they don`t know yet. They are not just colleagues or neighbors. :lol:

Tae Joo gravitates around Mi ri all the time and takes care of her. He asked himself for a moment if she left to see her ex and tells himself then that he doesn`t care. Yeah, right!

She likes that he is getting closer but denies it. :D Doesn`t want to be aware that he has feelings for her as Mi Sun has observed. She protests too much that he is just a colleague who lives in the same building but turns red thinking about him. 

I like that he expressed his disapointment that she left for her meeting but she quickly apologized and he could not resist to take her under his protective arm to go to dinner.

She was happy that he won the stuffed bunny but when he wanted to give her as gift, she proudly refused saying it is an ugly doll. Let`s not forget how she took distance on the sofa. :lol: You can`t deny for long, Mi Ri!

Seeing the scene from filming I wished to see them walking together hand in hand. :lol:

I giggled when In Sook was annoyed that he defends Mi Ri in front of her. And then, he could not do anything when Mi Ri doesn`t want to take a step back in the confrontation with In Sook. It is not a confortable situation to be in the middle of two strong, determined women and to care about both. :D

10 hours ago, smhelen said:

Can't he take her down anyway without using MR? 

Oh, the Chairman!!!! I have so many things to say about him and he appeared in just a few scenes. I will look with interest to guess his intention.

Chairman Han doesn`t want to take In Sook down, but he wants to control her. After so many years, he gave her an important job in the organization. Of course that she had another job before but now it was an upgrade after so many years of loyalty for the family. He said that he doesn`t regret giving her the important job but he made it clear that he could always do the reverse. The chairman doesn`t forget that she raised Tae Joo and he knows that she is loved by him and that`s why she has some influence in the family. Telling her that he knows her every move, it is a way of controlling her. In Sook was right to be upset of his behavior but she can`t do anything.

Mi Ri is more vulnerable in this war with In sook. Chairman Han knows many things about her. He knows every move in the company. I am sure he pursued her professional career but we know that he doesn`t have the intension to give her an executive position as she deserves because she is a woman. In Sook is an exception because she is from his family.

I can`t say 100% that Chairman Han knows right now that Mi Ri is In Sook`s daughter but I am sure that he will find out soon. He promised his support but as soon as she doen`t have results, he will remove it without remorse. His promise towards Mi Ri are just words. Knowing what he really thinks about women, and about women in power, he could easily not promote Mi ri even if she deserves. The moment he meet personally Mi Ri, she entered in his web. She is at his hand. Mi Ri wants to prove herself now even more. What solution she will have if Chairman Han does not honor his promise? She has to leave the organization after so many sacrifices and dedication? But I want to see that then to see the humiliation and frustration that she is wronged, used without scrupulousness.

I worry about Mi Ri. As I said already, she decided to confront her boss, In Sook, because of multiple factors. First is the meeting with the chairman. Second, is her resentment towards In Sook.  To challenge her president`s decision in front of every executives it was a very bold move. She started the war.

Both women will do things that are not very good/proud of but it is a survival battle. I imagine already a situation where Mi Ri thinks that she will get the promotion but he will promote his son instead. The worst way for Mi ri to find out that Tae Joo is Han heir is like that.

Chariman Han has all the good cards in his hand. He has the money, the power, the information. He is the master of puppets. I want to see what Tae Joo will do when he won`t agree with his father. It was easier to defy his father when he was younger. Once he has entered the organization, it will be harder to do it. I put my trust in Tae Joo though. I want to see a strong , inteligent man, to hold his father's unreasonable requests when he needs it. 

10 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I have a wild theory that none of the girls are SJ''s biological daughter. In the drama, so far I have not heard any of them talk about their deceased father. Neither did we ever hear SJ mentioning her husband or talked about their father. She could have brought MS & MH from orphanage while MR was abandoned at her door step. So far we hAve not seen them do a memorial day for the deceased husband yet. 

I don`t think so. Mi sun and Mi hye are Sun ja`s daughters. But I am really curious what happened with their father. How Sun ja ended up alone raising her three daughters. Maybe they will show us the backstory.

I want to see Sun ja having a romantic interest in this show. I like Dae Chael and Sun ja to become closer. I know that it is a little awkward (because of the family relationship between them) but I root for them. :D

6 hours ago, bananacad said:

On a different note. And probably something too far down the future. In the case MR and TJ can't end up together because the scars just cut too deep for MR.

Sang Woo worked with the writer before. If the OTP would not have cliked together well, she could have used the second plan. :w00t:

But imagine the disapointment to write for a couple cute scenes, putting them through hell and decided in the end, after so many episodes, that they won`t end up together. :phew: The writer is not that "crazy".

Speaking of Mi Ri emotional scars... She doesn`t have serious problems with Tae Joo. He is a collateral victim anyway. The writer did not make him almost perfect for nothing. How could Mi Ri forget this man/ resist his charm? Not a chance.

1 hour ago, larus said:

Chariman Han has all the good cards in his hand. He has the money, the power, the information. He is the master of puppets. I want to see what Tae Joo will do when he won`t agree with his father. It was easier to defy his father when he was younger. Once he has entered the organization, it will be harder to do it. I put my trust in Tae Joo though. I want to see a strong , inteligent man, to hold his father's unreasonable requests when he needs it. 

Definitely. A strong smart intelligent man who will stood his ground and  protect MR.. whatever happens.  I'll be hatin if he choose to  heed Chairman and IS. I feel too that Chairman is planning something.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I worry about Mi Ri. As I said already, she decided to confront her boss, In Sook, because of multiple factors. First is the meeting with the chairman. Second, is her resentment towards In Sook.  To challenge her president`s decision in front of every executives it was a very bold move. She started the war.

It's like odds stack against her and I want TJ to be there for her. Side with her. Fight for her... if and when because I'm sure the  middle part of this drama we'll see the confrontation and resenment and revelation and misunderstanding. But for the moment.. LEST enjoy the bliss that TJ and MR.

37 minutes ago, jongski said:

It's like odds stack against her and I want TJ to be there for her. Side with her. Fight for her... if and when because I'm sure the  middle part of this drama we'll see the confrontation and resenment and revelation and misunderstanding. But for the moment.. LEST enjoy the bliss that TJ and MR.

Definitely. Now we have to enjoy the light moments.

Another one in the last episode.

tttta.jpg

http://game.donga.com/91756/

The VR game that appeared in the drama is "Mortal Blitz Walking Attraction" developed by SKonec Entertainment.

The shoot took place at VR Square, a VR theme park in Sukonek in Hongdae.

Was that an advertisement? If it was, I like that it was incorporated in the story.

:w00t:

I laughed so much at her reaction as much as Tae Joo.

tumblr_ppv06fp3Tr1sdd1ivo5_r1_1280.png

:w00t:

THEORY TIME PRETTY CHINGUSSSSS!!!!

So, we are all trying to decide what the deal is with TJ's father, MR and IS. I think it may be just as we suspect, that he knows everything about their real relationship. He wants to use MR's talents and energy to close deals that he otherwise would not get, then use her to get his "sister-in-law" out of the way, so he can put his son in that position. I think TJ will see what is happening or about to happen and then pull something drastic to keep his lady by his side. I can see him (1) going public about who he is, then further (2)announcing a love line between him and MR. Can you imagine the look on IS's face? His father's face? Everyone at the office....LOL! :blush:

Also, what if how IS came to be in their family was because of some valuable information that is somehow tied to SJ? I just feel like there is going to be a big reveal about SJ and IS later. Some type of connection. Quite frankly, MH needs to pay closer attention, because if she pays attention to what is going on around her, she has plenty to write about.

I am back at ep 5. Or rather KBS 2 calling it ep 10. The half episode numbers are making me confused when I am trying to talk about something.

I am over the whole IS relationship with TJ in relation to MR.

Let's talk about MH. She is obviously being set up with the other guy. I know KtY but have no clue of his character's name. That is because I have been skipping his scenes because of her. In fact Jaebeum is not even making me irritated.

It's her. Its MH. Is it bad acting from the actress or is it the writing? Her screeching, self centred behaviour is seriously grating on my nerves. We have other dramas where the characters slog doggedly at her writing but she keeps making excuses at her lack of talent. We had a weekend drama once where the  female lead is a writer. The male OTP was terrible at acting too. She was memorable but it was totally forgettable as a drama character. I am trying to recall which drama now. She lived in a rooftop apartment as well. I

Are you sure she is meant to be nice? She was really, really mean and petty towards Dabin. I don't even find Dabin cute. What a crybaby. But MH does say  some inappropriate mean, catty remark to a preschooler for crying out loud. I am frankly appalled an adult is that mean towards her own niece.

Yes I have caught up to last Sat's episode as well. I am probably going to be caught up by this week. Does the actress look unconvincing when she screws up her face and tries to whine? Offhand I compared her mentally with some current bad actresses and she sounds and looks like them. I then compared her  to some good actresses anguished over their failures and they do look anguished.

MH doesn't. She just comes off being whiney and shrill. And all I can see is her too- light foundation. Why would the guy like her? Why would Jaebeum like her? 

Oh MR's MIL is pretty self- centred too. Ok make it wow she is a piece of crap. I thoroughly enjoyed the grounded husband. 

MR and HTJ is making a very nice couple to watch. KSY is always good acting and she is spot on with her expressions. She has a nice chemistry with the guy. Sorry, don't follow his career or know why he is famous. Or is he? Anyway I like HTJ as a character.

Archived