[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

8 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

Yes, the writer is a little too kind to IS. The writer is giving her another chance "to turn over to a new leaf" by taking on the chairman and NHM (we have to wait to see how).

Oh I can tell you how. NHM will be outed regarding her side piece golf pro and the fact that little Tae Ho is not the chairman's biological son.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I have kind of fallen off the MPDITW bandwagon. Ever since they gave SJ this death sentence and MS quit her job, my interest dwindled.

So, let's just deal with the obvious. SJ is going to die and I predicted down to the unnecessary drama how this was going to play out. I knew SJ would find out alone. I knew she would keep it from her family. I knew that she would approve of MH and WJ. And, I knew that she would try and go away somewhere to die. This is the makjang bible right here and the writer is following it to the tee.

I wish MH had gotten more character development before she and WJ got engaged. She is still terribly immature and she tends to speak first, think later, which often results in her putting her foot in her mouth. WJ is in for quite the ride.

Like I said before, TH is not the chairman's son. It makes sense. This is why HM has been scheming since she returned to Korea. She wants to ensure some type of inheritance or payoff before the truth comes out. But her and her brother aren't smart enough to keep up this ruse. The chairman deserves getting scammed by her. He is an old fool. 

MR and TJ need to just focus on their growing family. The timing of SJ's death couldn't be worse. MR will need lots of love and support, after all she showed the most love to SJ and will miss her deeply since SJ so freely took over the role of being her mom. TJ needs to step up more at the company. His wife is pregnant and cannot take on everything by herself.

MS can still kick rocks. I just can't stand her and her constant whining and complaining. She NEVER speaks up when she needs to such as when she is dealing with evil mother-in-law, but then she can't shut up when dealing with her mother. She usually says something mean and uncalled for. Even though JS annoys me, he has more sense than her. She is the absolute worst, and I don't feel any sympathy for her.

I really hope the writer ties everything up nicely. SJ deserves a nice farewell, but I don't want to dwell on it for 5 episodes either. We deserve a cute chubby baby and renewed energy in the family.

12 hours ago, larus said:

No, the Chairman is a candidate for a stroke or heart attack. But he will survive despite having temper tantrums so much in the drama.

:unamused: that was my second choice but then he will survive or get a heart transplant from someone in a poor country. Maybe he should live. Imagine all the nice things others have to say at his funeral. Ugghhh.

6 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I really hope the writer ties everything up nicely. SJ deserves a nice farewell, but I don't want to dwell on it for 5 episodes either. We deserve a cute chubby baby and renewed energy in the family.

Yes, same sentiments here. It looks like the pace for the last 6 episodes (or 12 mini-episodes) will pick up judging from the loose ends that need to be tied up.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

:unamused: that was my second choice but then he will survive or get a heart transplant from someone in a poor country. Maybe he should live. Imagine all the nice things others have to say at his funeral. Ugghhh.

The only character that will die (on screen) in this drama is Sun ja. She worked hard and made sacrifices to give her daughters a better future. It is unfair but that happens in real life also. 

About the chairman... he is not ferm on his believes. He is manipulated, both In Sook and Na Hye Mi knows how to do it, they stroke his ego. 

Tae Joo`s father likes Mi Ri. He even said that her only flaw in his opinion is that she is In Sook`s daughter. And we all know that this is nothing.

The moment Ha Hye Mi and her brother will be discovered, everything will be allright in Han family. I am sorry for Tae Ho, Tae Joo`s brother.

Mi Hye and Sun Ja`s scene shooting (from another angle)

The writer, PD and the cast at a script reading.

Lee Won jae received a coffee truck

Spoiler

Joo Hyun-mi's daughter, Lim Soo-yeon Singer-songwriter sung an OST for Mother of Mine.

PS19090500233.jpg

LLLim Soo-yeon, born in 1993, debuted in 2017 as a digital single 'Fingerprint'. Since then, he has been active with announcing 'I'm Okay', 'Let Yourself Be' and Monday.

He also became a hot topic by calling OST of KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My Prettiest Daughter in the World'. 'Fingerprint' track 'Color of My Life' was also included in the OST.

Lim is also famous for being the daughter of singer Joo Hyun-mi.

Singer Ju Hyun-mi mentioned her daughter, singer Lim Soo-yeon.

Joo Hyun-mi appeared as a guest on SBS Power FM 'Doosi Escape Cultu Show' on the 5th. “My daughter is a singer who released a single album. Now I'm preparing a regular album. I ask for a lot of love. ”

http://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2019090516218074796&code=&MGSEN

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01761366622617168&mediaCodeNo=258

I did not know that Lim Soo Yeon is the daughter of Joo Hyun Mi. Both mother and daughter sang an OST for KBS2 drama Mother of Mine. (Joo Hyun Mi sang two songs). Kudos.

I finally watched ep 46- 48. Gosh is MS an adult? If every woman I know whines like her no one will be having kids. She makes it sound as if she is the only one having it tough. 

Did I just spend 48hrs listening to her vent about being a working mother? The rest of the world doesn't having working mothers huh? 

Is that all she is good for in this drama? Whining.

So has anyone watched tonight's show? @larus?

Just watched it raw and since my Korean is awfully bad, I shan't attempt to translate. MS dashed to her Mum's house and found her unconscious.

There was a lot of crying because both MR and MH were informed of SJ's illness. MS crying in remorse ( from her face) took a lot of screen time. Her husband and FIL seemed to be handling her MIL's and her crisis well. IS finally showed some smarts and confronted the cheating Hansung Madame having lunch with her beau. Angry exchange. But did not hear TH's name so we may not get that illegitimate son we'd like to hear. She met the golf guy in the US so he could not be the father if TH is not legit.

I am guessing SJ dies in the next episode.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

So has anyone watched tonight's show? @larus?

I watched LIVE just the last half of the episode.

Sun ja`s brother was with his sister at the hospital. Mi Sun took care of Sun ja over the night and she told her husband about her mother.

Mi Ri and Mi Hye found out about their mother`s illness. In Sook walked on Na Hye Mi and her lover when they were having dinner together at the restaurant. Later, Na Hye Mi released to the press that Mi Ri is In Sook`s daughter.

I thought IS was being too impatient and hasty, showing her cards to NHM too early. Looks like NHM and the chairman have signed a pre-nup. NHM called the reporter but had not spilled the beans yet, we will see tonight.

I like that TJ decided to tell MR about her mum. No more hiding the truth, face and manage everything together. 

6 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

I like that TJ decided to tell MR about her mum. No more hiding the truth, face and manage everything together. 

I also liked that Tae Ju told Mi Ri the truth about her mother. I know that she is pregnant and doesn`t need stress in her life but her mother illness won`t go away. She had to know and she would have found out eventually from her sisters.

14 hours ago, maribella said:

IS finally showed some smarts and confronted the cheating Hansung Madame having lunch with her beau. Angry exchange. But did not hear TH's name so we may not get that illegitimate son we'd like to hear. She met the golf guy in the US so he could not be the father if TH is not legit.

The fact that she still is meeting the man is a problem. She will tell the press about In Sook`s daughter against her brother`s advice (who knew that he had common sense)  and that`s will put her in a hot spot with the chairman.

I still can`t believe that it will be a problem for Hansung Group when the news will broke but that`s what the writer want us to believe. Some people will talk for a while and that`s it.

BTS pictures

Miseon treats her mother in law well, despite enslaving her. I really wonder why she is being mean to her own mother. 

I was watching the drama because it has a family theme

My favorite is Sonja (most of you prefer MR and TJ :D )

The story of the younger daughter was more interesting to me

also I like Miseon's father in law, he is such a dear, alongside the son 

the comedy was awesome, I really don't want the sad ending :(

Archived