[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

3 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I hope Mi Hye 's wedding dress is not as ugly as I think it is in the preview I saw.

SJ didn't seem happy about MH's and WJ's choice to have a small wedding, maybe she took over the whole preparation thing. 
I don't know if that dress is MH's choice... she didn't look happy wearing it...:tears:
But it makes sense, MH is not a modern refined young lady, WJ is a gentleman who puts honor above everything, they are going to get married but didn't even kissed yet, their love story is more like a 19th century one, so the old-fashioned dress fits.:)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am saying goodbye to this drama

Who is preparing for the next one???

I need to catch up on about 3 completed dramas. No time to wait. However there is one upcoming drama with the guy from www.

I am girding my loins trying to work out if I am watching this week's episodes. WJ has been divorced and marriage shy. Then why did he agree to marry after such a short dating period?

@O there is nothing wrong staying home. It's the way MS sounds so put upon. Most everyone I know go on 1yr parental leave followed by part- time work. And we all have good careers. But it's the way the writer makes MS who graduated from ? University or good University sound so disorganized. My kids are still fairly young and I work part- time by choice. That's why her constant poor planning either time management, finances or work commitments-wisw make a mockery of being a so- called working woman. She should just be more frugal and spend less. And coach her kid instead of spending expensive tuition on a child who's in kindy for crying out loud.

8 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I need to catch up on about 3 completed dramas. No time to wait. However there is one upcoming drama with the guy from www.

I am girding my loins trying to work out if I am watching this week's episodes. WJ has been divorced and marriage shy. Then why did he agree to marry after such a short dating period?

@O there is nothing wrong staying home. It's the way MS sounds so put upon. Most everyone I know go on 1yr parental leave followed by part- time work. And we all have good careers. But it's the way the writer makes MS who graduated from ? University or good University sound so disorganized. My kids are still fairly young and I work part- time by choice. That's why her constant poor planning either time management, finances or work commitments-wisw make a mockery of being a so- called working woman. She should just be more frugal and spend less. And coach her kid instead of spending expensive tuition on a child who's in kindy for crying out loud.

Yes, I agree with this.  But  I am talking about the drama.  It's not just one scene but several that SJ wailed and hit MS.  She said that she didn't send her to several years of university study just to be a stay-at-home Mom.  She screamed at MS that MS should have gotten her approval before she quit her job!  I know that most of you love SJ the most in this drama.  I don't.  I feel she is too involved in her daughters lives.  She can't cut the apron strings and let them make their own decisions.  

SJ really gave it to the Chairman. She told him that he almost killed her unborn grand child - causing him to choke snd splutter again- and he was not going to see her daughter or grandchild. The best part was when she threatened to take him with her when she died in 3 months. His face was really something to watch. After telling him what she thought of him, in the drive back with MS, SJ and MS both tried to come to terms with SJ's chemo.

IS and MR bore the brunt of the leaked secret but TJ told IS to proceed with the shareholders meeting while he handled the press. More lovey dovey stuff between WJ and MH. I still don't care for that couple but it is good that the writer kept them formal with each other. They just knew each other for a short while anyway.

JB refused to go away..... he is back helping uncle unload things for the restaurant. MH forgot her shift at the hospital and SJ spent the night alone. IS did visit her.

MS and others realised that SJ wanted to go home and it looked like she did in the preview.

I was rather reluctant to watch the episodes since melodrama was rife last week. It  was much better, with touching scenes  rather than tears galore - SJ and MS at the lake for example.

The preview showed the family on an outing, smiling and laughing. Could be SJ's swansong.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, sadthe1st said:

i gave up on the weekly chase of this drama less than halfway through and now came back to check on the ending :sweat_smile: so the verdict, is it still worth going back to ep40+ and watch or i should just watch the last few episodes? :neutral:

my dear pretty Chingu, few words of advice, there are few things you can do while watching :

1. Fast forward key, skip those you do not wish to see or choose scenes that you are only interested in :D

2. If you feel that you have deep connection with the story while watching especially involving a dying mum preparing to leave the world , then stay on.

3. If you think you have been appreciating all the veteran actors in this drama all these while, except the storyline is too draggy, then stay on till the end.

4. If you can try to understand the context of each character's behaviour, especially SJ's role, from a different perspective, you can stay on. [In her context, a mother (without a husband) set up a soup shop for the past 30 years to raise 3 daughters by her own, she is not an educated mum, and only knows how to scream and pull her daughter's hair while angry. She has temper but all she knows is to fight and stand her ground to protect her children all these while until death. She has flaws in her character, because nobody is perfect. A modern view may say she is too involved in her daughters' life and did not go out to enjoy life by herself. This is correct, but still, there are this type of traditional mum exist in this world. A single mum who is willing to spend her whole life revolving only daughters' life and her shop until realised her life is come to end soon. She is a strong woman.] 

5. If the story or some scenes can bring you an inspiring facts about life to help you be mindful and more at peace in life, then stay on till the end. Don't give up.

Life is short, whenever how busy and how tiring our life is, treat ourselves and our beloved ones with love and kindness. :)

17 minutes ago, maribella said:

SJ really gave it to the Chairman. She told him that he almost killed her unborn grand child - causing him to choke snd splutter again- and he was not going to see her daughter or grandchild. The best part was when she threatened to take him with her when she died in 3 months.

I  would have said the same thing. She has nothing to lose. Of course, she won`t kill the chairman but I am glad someone put him in his place.

Chairman Han is always having temper tantrums, choking and having strokes but he is fine. Until a day he won`t be fine.

I don`t care what is happening with him.

I know old habits are hard to chance but I hope he will learn that family is more important than his wealth.

26 minutes ago, maribella said:

The preview showed the family on an outing, smiling and laughing. Could be SJ's swansong.

Yes, it will be her swan song. (you said it beautifully).

It was a moving scene when Sun ja without saying a word, told her daughters what she wants. She wants to go home rather than spending her final days in hospital.

Sun ja has a beautiful family. They all were preoccupied with the daily life and forgot that life is beautiful. They all need to prepare to say goodbye to Sun ja. I love that they went for a family trip as the farewell.

4 hours ago, hell59 said:

I am but I really hope it is a lot better than this one.

I am sure the next drama will make more people happy because it is a romantic comedy and not a melodrama. It was necesarry for KBS to chance the genre a little. Enjoy watching!

Sulha Yoon, # 1 Most Beautiful Girl in the World OST Ringtone Chart

20190915115603_1366006_1200_1830.jpg

KBS 2TV weekend drama with singer Sul Ha Yoon participated in the ringtones chart OST 'The most beautiful daughter in the world' (director Kim Jong-chang)  OST 'Flowers bloom like spring in my life'.

KBS 2TV weekend drama Mother of Mine/My Prettiest Daughter in the World' OST 'Flower blooms like spring of my life', which has been loved with the highest ratings of 34.3%, is the number one in the ringtone chart OST. 

'Flowers bloom like spring in my life', which attracted more attention with the participation of Sulha Yoon, is a song that expresses hope with a true voice, containing the fact that one's life is beautiful, but it has been a continuation of life. It is a song about the hope that flowers bloom in spring like every spring in every mother's mind.

In particular, composer Jung Woo-sik, who impressed the public with emotional songs, participated in the composition and arrangement, and Yang Kyeong-suk of Takers participated in piano performance.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=167626

To remember the song

Spoiler

The sun is setting
I’ve only ran forward
In my life that swayed like a reed
I wonder where I am

Days of youth, filled with dreams
Become memories I long for
I’ve followed time throughout this life
I wonder where I am now

My life with passing time
I’m sending my sadness with the wind
My days are setting in front of time
And it blossoms like the spring of my life

After the hard days
I can finally smile
I came all this way, short of breath
Now I can rest

My life that made my heart cry
I let go of many things

My life with passing time
I’m sending my sadness with the wind

https://popgasa.com/2019/07/25/seol-ha-yoon-flowers-bloom-like-the-spring-of-my-life-내-인생의-봄처럼-꽃은-핀다-mother-of-mine-ost-part-9/

Yeah, it is a beautiful and a meaningful song. I am glad that this OST was loved by many people.

What is the next drama going to be?

I had watched Arthdale Chronicles but can't muster enough energy for this part. There are so many strange names and so difficult to remember, I need to keep going back to the first page to see who the character is. Shady Mom has an airhead and a lame brain for the main OTP it seems from the forum. Although I do want to watch Dae Jang Geum's mother. 

Anyway still a few more weeks of SJ and company. I think they will give her 3 more years and we will get the obligatory time leap in the last episode. 

@larus did you see any baby actors for this show? 

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I will watch the last episode too :)

I meant it is goodbye because it ends today

Sorry to inform you that today is not the last day. :)

The drama Mother of Mine/ My Prettiest daughter in the World is having the last episode finale next week.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

What is the next drama going to be?

What drama starts after Mother of Mine? It is Life is Beautiful Life is Wonderful. KBS is airing a romantic comedy as a family drama instead of melodrama. The drama`s name is suiting very well after the message of Mother of Mine.

I probably will watch a little but I will not comment on the thread. I need some comedy right now but I personally can`t wait to watch Secret Boutique. It is centric female drama, very intense and not a comedy but it is the most interesting drama that starts soon for me. For cuteness, I will start When Camellia Blooms too.

I cried buckets watching ep 101&102. When Sun ja talked about her regrets, thinking of the old man begger who asked for food in the past. She said that she doesn`t have many regrets, just that she regret telling that man to not come anymore.

I am glad that In Sook and Sun ja had a moment together, when she asked for forgiveness and that Sun ja told her that she doesn`t have anything to forgave now.

I cried as well when Sun Ja told In Sook that she doesn`t regret having one more daughter to raise, when she told her that Mi Ri gave her many beautiful moments and comfort, when she was afaid sometime that In sook would come back to take Mi ri.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

did you see any baby actors for this show? 

No yet. But I think they will show Mi Ri`s baby in the last episode, if there will be a time jump.

I don`t think Sun ja will live more to see her grandchild but we`ll see.

9 minutes ago, larus said:

Sorry to inform you that today is not the last day. :)

still another week :( 

it is dragging too long now

Life is Beautiful Life is Wonderful stars Seol In Ah from Sunny Again tomorrow :) it has some young stars, which is promising 

well, I already have so many dramas to watch too :D :D 

10 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

still another week :( 

it is dragging too long now

Yeah, it is dragging but in the same time it gives confort to say good buy to Sun ja properly.

Mother of Mine was extended for the next drama to have enough time ahead of live broadcasting. It happended with My Only One too and I apreciated that gave the cast and crew of the next drama time to not rush shooting.

I want to congratulate Mother of Mine cast and crew for working hard for so long and wish the next team good luck also.

Have to applaud this drama, some of the plot lines in the long running drama's get annoying.  So I was really trying to avoid this one, every time I did I found myself curious what was going on next.

Usually I like to wait for the ending to know that 120 episodes are not waisted for a stupid ending.

But I got my wish with this drama, a strong husband to support his wife.  I had to applaud him a few times for standing strong but this last episode when he was giving the speech before the camera's he was confident strong and spoke a really honest truth.  He said there was difficulties in getting married and tried to stop it and said that he persisted with it.  That they really didnt know each others backgrounds to start with and the beatuful touch on thanking his wife for her support was just a beautiful touch.

But omg I was cringing as to what was going to happen but when the adoptive mother went at his father, omg her lips were quivering she was so livid with him and really  went at him.  I was about to jump through the screen i was that excited watching him get what was coming for him.  Now I am just waiitng for that ex wife of his to get hers......

Archived