[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

35 minutes ago, maribella said:

Did you watch the preview? MR was crying and TJ said that they won't get to see how their baby will look like? If the writer makes MR lose her baby after killing off SJ, we should all go to Seoul and slap some sense into her!!

I am not sure in what context TJ said that. But I dont know whether to be optimistic or pessimistic anymore. I was too optimistic with regards to SJ earlier on. Well we will find out in 6 hours time!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maribella said:

Did you watch the preview? MR was crying and TJ said that they won't get to see how their baby will look like? If the writer makes MR lose her baby after killing off SJ, we should all go to Seoul and slap some sense into her!!

I still think that Mi Ri`s distress is Na Hye Mi related. I watched with subtitle and Na Hye Mi`s plan is weak but she can produce stress. Annoying like a moskito. Mi Ri has to be protected but she works at the company, moves in Chairman Han`s mainson and deals with Na Hye Mi, she will find out her dear mother will die. I don`t think the writer will kill Sun Ja and Mi Ri`s baby. It`s too much.

Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s baby will be fine.

After watching with subtitles it was more clear...

Sun ja said goodbuy to Ja Bum but she did not tell him what is wrong with her. I think Jae Bum will be there for her when he will know that Sun ja is ill.

Who knew that Jung Jin Soo will be more mature than Mi Sun! I like what he said to her wife regarless their mothers. Mi Sun is tired and on pity me wagon. The writer is setting up the moment when she will find out about Sun ja. She will be devastated.

Na Hye Mi`s lover came to Korea and it won`t be long until Chairman will find out about their "secret".

In Sook is much wiser now but I don`t like that she still listen to Chairman Han (leaving Mi Ri and Tae Joo). She won`t leave to US now that she knows about Sun ja but I wonder if she will tell Tae Joo`s father why she can`t leave. It looks that way from the preview.

Woo Jin understood that Sun Ja could be ill. He decided to marry Mi Hye and that`s will going to make Sun ja happy but I don`t think Woo Jin makes a sacrifice. He knows that Mi Hye is not like his ex wife. He wants to marry her. It is nice how Woo Jin entered in the family, he read the pages about Mi Hye`s family and became familiar with them.  Not only Woo Jin will please his mother in law, make her feel at ease about her daughter`s future, but he will be there for Mi Hye when she finds out the truth about her mother. He still could be there for her without marrying her but he took the decision to marry her anyway without esitation. I wish them well. Congratulations!

BTS

Kang sisters

Thanks to Yoo Sun (she uploaded the picture)

She wrote

Three sisters shot by assistant director ~
There was a lot of emotion scene these days, so I couldn't afford to take a photo .. ㅠㅠ Thank you ♡
Our remaining time is getting sad

The filming must be at the end. I always like to see BTS pictures with the cast. I wish them to get some rest, be healthy and find work again.

I hope they are all going to the trip together soon.

I just watched LIVE the episode.

I liked this episode, I even cried at the end.

I am glad In Sook told Mi Sun about her mother. It was about time she knew. From the preview, In Sook will tell Tae Joo and I think Mi ri will find out as well. Sun ja will be rushed to the hospital.

I am pleased that the writer did not drag the storyline, keeping the secret much longer.

From today... Without subtile, some things can be wrong. :D

Mi Ok and her husband are funny. She was upset with him and she wanted to move to Rebecca (their daughter, I assume) but unfortunatly,  she had an accident in the bathroom and she broke her arm.

Jin Soo knows his wife works at the store and went to see her there without her knowing. He emphatizes with her now because when his mother called on the phone to ask for his wife, he took Mi Sun`s side.

Mi Hye is happy that Sun ja agreed with her relationship she wants. She thanks her mother. Woo Jin tells her that he loves her and that he will marry her and she is very happy.

Jae Bum is dating but suddenly he excuses himself because he wants to leave. He can`t get over the fact that Sun ja told him to not visit anymore.

When he went home, Jae Bum meets Mi Hye who wants to tell him the big news. He faints. He is taken to the hospital and, in the background we hear the Queen`s Love of My Life, while Mi Hye is desperate at his side. Sorry for the medical emergency, Jae Bum, but I laughed. What was that? Jae Bum and Mi Hye  are silly again. :w00t: I apreciate that the show can make me smile while still being so heavy in other scenes.

Mi Ri is upset when she heard Na Hye Mi at the dinner. She said some things to Tae Joo and I am glad that she is reacting to everything that woman said.

Mi Ri still work hard at the company. Tae Joo tooks her somehwere and gave her a ring, confesing his love to her. They hugged each other. (2 times in this episode). 

Na Hye Mi and her brother are idiots. The next day, they talked loud about their plan (about that man as well?)  in the middle of the room and In Sook heard them. :lol:

Sun Ja is depressed. Blank  staring in her room.

At the end of the episode, Mi sun and Sun ja had a headed conversation over the phone and Sun Ja collapsed. Later, In Sook visited Mi Sun at the store and told her about her mother`s condition. She is devastated.

Preview

I agree that the oldest daughter has the worst attitude. She is always asking favors from her mum but is often harsh towards her mom by her words and action.  She said she wouldn't regret anything even if her mom dies. Ungrateful and selfish woman.  Hope she gets the same treatment from her own daughter.

4 hours ago, monalisa said:

I agree that the oldest daughter has the worst attitude. She is always asking favors from her mum but is often harsh towards her mom by her words and action.  She said she wouldn't regret anything even if her mom dies. Ungrateful and selfish woman.  Hope she gets the same treatment from her own daughter.

Yes I remember how poor SJ went daily to take care of Dabin and do house shores, and got nothing but bad words from Miseon.

Miri is the kindest although she is not her biological daughter

Jae Bom is a good man although was too clingy, I am glad he found someone new. He was so kind to SJ. Everyone loved SJ, all the men involved with her daughters considered her a mom, even Miseon's husband defended SJ and told Miseon she will regret it later for ill-treating her mom

Today's episode brings to mind my editorial comment to my middle-schooler son, and his friends, when they were whining about unfairness and how things should be and shouldn't be in the world.

I told them, "Life sucks, then you die".   So, they'd better pay attention to what they do everyday of their life.

Oldest and youngest will have the most regrets.

The latest episode must have been sponsored by some hospital. MS' MIL broke her arm and leg and was in cast,  SJ was coughing her lungs out and the preview showed her being moved to a hospital and JB got a shock from MH's news of her impending marriage. But I did not catch the scene in the last preview which I thought was MR's having problems with her baby. 

IS finally showed she needed to fight back instead of accepting the Chairman's commands. All because she overheard ( eavesdropped) HM and bro discussing plans to get rid of MR after giving birth. If IS is such a hotshot CEO, she would have considered MR's and TJ's positions in the company to be unsafe as long as HM is around and has many shares.  But then we have never seen her working as a CEO, only discussing personal problems with director Park at most.

MS found out her ma's illness.

5 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

even Miseon's husband defended SJ and told Miseon she will regret it later for ill-treating her mom

The biggest ironic on Sat episode 47 was when MS and her husband quarrel once they return home, and her husband said "you'll understand her (SJ) once DB does the same to you when she grows up". This was the biggest hit and I really like what her husband reminded her on this. It will be a karma if she keeps doing that to her mum....This is the best part i like on this Sat ep 47 ---- never take our mum for granted...

41 minutes ago, maribella said:

The latest episode must have been sponsored by some hospital. MS' MIL broke her arm and leg and was in cast,  SJ was coughing her lungs out and the preview showed her being moved to a hospital and JB got a shock from MH's news of her impending marriage. But I did not catch the scene in the last preview which I thought was MR's having problems with her baby. 

IS finally showed she needed to fight back instead of accepting the Chairman's commands. All because she overheard ( eavesdropped) HM and bro discussing plans to get rid of MR after giving birth. If IS is such a hotshot CEO, she would have considered MR's and TJ's positions in the company to be unsafe as long as HM is around and has many shares.  But then we have never seen her working as a CEO, only discussing personal problems with director Park at most.

MS found out her ma's illness.

I think it is more likely sponsored by Tiffany. MR got a new bigger diamond ring. What happened to her previous ring that she used to wear? haha

Yes, happy that IS will do more to fight, poor SJ is the sacrificial lamb in this drama.

3 more weekends to go - one on SJ's death, one to get rid of NHM and then the grand finale.

So much screaming and self pity, makes it hard for me to watch even the actors/characters I like...KBS weekend dramas need to be retitled: "Let's watch a parent die in 3 months" - season 1, 2. 3....It has been done better in past 'seasons ' Writernim....the directing leaves much to be desired as well,  I hang in there for MR & TJ ;))

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

The biggest ironic on Sat episode 47 was when MS and her husband quarrel once they return home, and her husband said "you'll understand her (SJ) once DB does the same to you when she grows up". This was the biggest hit and I really like what her husband reminded her on this. It will be a karma if she keeps doing that to her mum....This is the best part i like on this Sat ep 47 ---- never take our mum for granted...

Despite the husband being a bit childish in liking to play games, he has a heart of gold. I like him so much. He is very wise when he talks about SJ

On 9/2/2019 at 3:53 AM, melissa_lee said:

I think it is more likely sponsored by Tiffany. MR got a new bigger diamond ring. What happened to her previous ring that she used to wear? haha

When I saw the scene I was thinking about another moment of product placement.  He gave her an engagement ring before. But a husband can give his wife a jewlery anytime. :P

Look how the foreground  focuses on the diamond ring more than an usual scene. Ten seconds? :D Yes, it is beautiful. I wonder how many women who are watching KBS drama could afford to buy one. :w00t:

Kdramafashion

Spoiler

On 9/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, larus said:

Jin Soo knows his wife works at the store and went to see her there without her knowing. He emphatizes with her now because when his mother called on the phone to ask for his wife, he took Mi Sun`s side.

Despite his childishness JS is a good man and somehow funny, one moment he irritates to the maximum and the next one he makes people laugh, like a few episodes ago when he has stolen food from his mother's fridge rejoicing like a child or when he was confused about WJ's name in the kimchi making scene. No doubt the actor is doing a good job portraying JS. I saw him before  in "The thorn birds" kdrama together with the actor who plays NDJ and the pharmacist lady, he had a smaller role there.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, larus said:

When he went home, Jae Bum meets Mi Hye who wants to tell him the big news. He faints. He is taken to the hospital and, in the background we hear the Queen`s Love of My Life, while Mi Hye is desperate at his side. Sorry for the medical emergency, Jae Bum, but I laughed. What was that? Jae Bum and Mi Hye  are silly again.

With JB "It's not over until it's over". When we thought he finally moved on with his life, here we go again... 
It would have been enough to show JB sad, maybe crying, but to faint like that, on the edge of a stroke, was really too much and unnecessary.

After he has decided to get married, WJ became more relaxed and happy all of the sudden. It was funny how he arranged the things behind MH's back, and asked her to marry him only after seeing her confused. Pretty original...:D

On 9/1/2019 at 12:38 PM, serendipity... said:

I'm sure majority dislikes the youngest daughter but contrary to the popular opinion I've always disliked the eldest daughter's behaviour from the beginning. It's the way she treats her own mom that irritates me. She's ungrateful and regrets her words and actions much later which is really annoying. Most of all, sometimes she reminds me of my own elder sister. My parents do so much for her & they even look after my niece but my sis tends to be ungrateful at times. I get wild when my mom & dad are treated like crap so I turn into a hot mess (as mom calls me) at times lol

Didn't expect publisher Jin to give in so quickly with regard to marriage. I guess he kinda senses something's definitely wrong with the writer's mom. Nevertheless I'm glad he's gonna marry the writer. My dude deserves to be happy :) 

I disliked both from the start.  Still not to fond of them.  

But I also feel that SJ is too protective of her children.  They have to call her every day or she will throw a hissy fit.  Almost every day she is upset because of something related to her daughters.  She has no time for herself and has no interests or hobbies.  Its really no wonder that she is so ill.  And her daughters will only mature when she is seriously ill or dead.  Cos her absence will force them to grow up.

I also think the writer is too kind to IS.  Trying to make her seem like a poor victim of the Chairman.  MR was only half-right when she told the Chairman off.  It was not all his fault.  He didn't hold a gun to IS' head.  It was her family pressure and her decision to abandon her daughter for what the Chairman's family could provide for her family and what it did for her career.  Making her sound like a victim makes MR less credible.  And I love this character - she's my favorite in this show.  So I hope the writer will not have her say such crappy things just because IS is her Mother.  

Both IS and the Chairman are difficult to read in this drama. I find it difficult to accept that IS still conceded to be "exiled" to the US at this stage. And she could still think of leaving MR in the care of SJ (before she found out about SJ's illness). While IS and MR are awkward with each other it is obvious that MR is working hard to improve their relationship and treating IS as her mom.

Yes, the writer is a little too kind to IS. The writer is giving her another chance "to turn over to a new leaf" by taking on the chairman and NHM (we have to wait to see how).

I still wonder how MR/TJ are going to reconcile with the chairman.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Another cancer patient? -_-

No, the Chairman is a candidate for a stroke or heart attack. But he will survive despite having temper tantrums so much in the drama.

From filming

Sun ja and Mi Hye`s scene.

Archived