[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

@hushhh he did one "yeobo" yesterday instead of " sunbae." Then it was back to normal.

Man this MH thing is a bit much. Even I don't want to date her now. They really shouldn't cast that actress. She can yell but her words aren't convincing. WJ sounded sincere. MH just came off as extremely childish and immature.

I am now going back to my other weekend dramas. Been so busy yesterday still need to catch up on 5hrs of drama.

No comment on the other scenes. Even though SJ being asked to go to a big hospital with a guardian is a big hint for the upcoming episodes. Sigh. Didn't peer too closely at the CXR if the writer actually found an x-ray with a tumour or not.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, hushhh said:

The Westerner in me makes me want to hear TJ call Miri "Miri" instead of Sunbae or Ms. Kang.

Me too. I prefer TJ called MR "yeobo" rather than "Sunbaek", it's a closer in relationship. To me, Sunbaek is too formal and respect term. However, it is still better than the chairman wife called "honey" and the sound seems awkward to hear due to her pronunciation became "horny". :w00t::lol:

It seems that the story goes into a better direction now after watching the latest EP. I can fully understand why IS and MR wanted TJ to be heir of the Company so badly. They both invested the empire with so much time and effort (especially MR has been there for 10 years), they won't allow others to destroy it overnight. My only concern is MR pregnancy, hope chairman wife doesn't create trouble for MR once she found out that MR got pregnant.

There may be more crying scenes after knowing SJ's severe illness, hope it's nothing critical.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

It was not explicit. I can only guess that TJ overheard MR/IS at the bridge.

I also have the same thought. Either the film editor missed out this part, or perhaps there was a scene that TJ found the pregnancy test kit in their bathroom when he was back home..:D

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

There may be more crying scenes after knowing SJ's severe illness, hope it's nothing critical.

I will hate it if the drama ends this way. I also hope that it's nothing critical.

In the preview IS is seeing the chairman. She looks confident. Wonder if she still has any cards up her sleeve?

Poor MS! She thought her problems are insurmountable when she is working. Now that she is not working, she is facing a different set of problems. Life is certainly not a bed or roses.

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Me too. I prefer TJ called MR "yeobo" rather than "Sunbaek", it's a closer in relationship. To me, Sunbaek is too formal and respect term. However, it is still better than the chairman wife called "honey" and the sound seems awkward to hear due to her pronunciation became "horny". :w00t::lol:

It seems that the story goes into a better direction now after watching the latest EP. I can fully understand why IS and MR wanted TJ to be heir of the Company so badly. They both invested the empire with so much time and effort (especially MR has been there for 10 years), they won't allow others to destroy it overnight. My only concern is MR pregnancy, hope chairman wife doesn't create trouble for MR once she found out that MR got pregnant.

I also have the same thought. Either the film editor missed out this part, or perhaps there was a scene that TJ found the pregnancy test kit in their bathroom when he was back home..:D

TJ could not have overheard at the bridge because his car had not pulled up until after MR said she was pregnant.

1 hour ago, calledtoteach said:

TJ could not have overheard at the bridge because his car had not pulled up until after MR said she was pregnant.

Yes, our guessing only, what would you suggest? I thought it is highly likely that the film editor missed out or cut the scene out accidentally and that's why we have so many Question mark ?that raised in this forum. :w00t::lol: . Anyway the end result is still desirable because we want TJ to find out soon and they got reconciled eventually, sooner than we expected, rather than to drag further....:D

A few thoughts...

TJ proved why he desperately needs MR these last two episodes. One bad conversation with evil dad and he quit and gave up his heir to the company? I was like dude what are you doing. You hold ALL of the cards. The Chairman cannot harass his wife or let out the truth of her and IS's relationship because he wants to protect the company more than anything. TJ moving out was a great idea, but I would not have relinquished rights to anything. Poor MR, she can't even have a few weeks rest into her pregnancy because she has to go and save her husband's place in the company. 

HM and her brother are as ignorant as they come. She actually believes THEY can run the company until her son (who may not even want to work for Hansung) gets old enough? As if anybody can walk into a huge conglomerate and run it with no experience, education or connections. The ignorance is just laughable. We may as well prepare ourselves because the truth about MR and IS is going to come out and it will be because of the Han's. 

HM deserves whatever loneliness awaits her. I do agree that she shouldn't be with JB, however, she is handling her involvement with WJ extremely poorly. Even with little dating experience, act like a grown-up. Be respectful of the fact that he has burned. It's not just that he had a failed marriage, that lady betrayed him. Being in another romance is going to be difficult for him. She is such a child about all of this. Now, she wants WJ to treat her the way that JB did. First of all, JB has 10+ years of knowing her and her family under his belt. She and WJ have known each other for what 2-3 months? And already, she is discussing marriage??? Please make it stop.

MS is getting exactly what she deserves. She should have known her MIL would try to take advantage of the fact that she is no longer working. They are seriously going to have to move. JS is a bafoon, at work and at home. If he keeps being such a brown nose at work, he and MS will surely be in the poor house. Well, know we are full makjang. SJ is sick and it is clear that the illness is serious. So it will probably be that everyone will start to get their act together before she leaves or gets better. I just hope MH doesn't use her mom's illness to pressure WJ into marrying her. Then, she will be beyond forgiveness.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:09 AM, melissa_lee said:

Saw MR in this suit in ep88 preview. The gap between filming and broadcast is indeed close. Is this the norm for kdramas?

I was right. Unfortunatly, the majority of kdramas have the filming scredules so tight. The cast and crew are working so hard with little time for rest. That`s why there are sometimes editing problems. I will say probably the editing did not realised that they cut a scene where Tae Joo found out that his wife is pregnant. 

Sometimes not all the crew are get even paid for the hard work they have made and there are cases when not even all the actors are paid. That`s why ity is good for dramas to have good rating.

There were many articles that mentioned the working enviroment of Korean dramas. I am glad that they are starting to film more pre produced dramas as well.

I am very tired right now (but I managed to watched the last two episodes)and I won`t comment much about them . What I want to say is that I am glad that the writer gave Mi Ri her strenght back. It is alright if she has hesitated slightly, she is a tought woman and she is back on the right track. 

From the preview, I like that In Sook seems that she left the self pity party and she will go see the chairman.

I think Tae Joo was right that he left the house, but I am ambivalent about his decision to quit. I understand why he did it, His father was presuring him to divorce Mi Ri and he gave him a strong message that she is willing to quit being the heir of Hansung Group than leaving Mi Ri. I bet it hurts Chairman to hear him saying that he is wishing him to live well with his wife and the youngest son. But I wish he will fight a little more about his rights. His father  has not officially disowned him. 

I also think that Chairman is blinded by his ego. He really think Mi Ri and In sook have comploted together to take his fortune? Please!!!!

In Sook was right. It will be hard for the Chairman to fire her from the company. She could give him a hard time if he will fire her without a good reason. I just worried that Mi Ri is pregnant and she doesn`t need all this stress. I still don`t think it will be such a bid deal if the public will know the truth about Mi Ri and In Sook personal connection. 

To give the power to useless Na Do Jin was a stupid move. The chairman is patethic if he doesn`t have any other man to give him such possition. He really think he will do a good job this time? Please!!!!

Mi Hye.... such a imature girl. The family vote was so silly and it was funny. I like how Woo Jin explained to Mi Hye that he can think of marriage right now and she still insist.

I knew that the financial problems will grow for Mi sun`s family once she quitted the job. Let see how they will resolve thisn problem.

Sun Ja... I hate when the illness trop is being used all of the sudden in family dramas. I know that Sun Ja has a serious problem. I just wish is not a fatal diagnosis (terminal cancer) or something like that. THis show doesn`t need this makjang in the end of the series. I really hope the writer will give Sun ja a good ending.

5 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Now, she wants WJ to treat her the way that JB did. First of all, JB has 10+ years of knowing her and her family under his belt. She and WJ have known each other for what 2-3 months? And already, she is discussing marriage??? Please make it stop. 

:)

I also thought that MH acts in her usual hysterical way, because the only man she  knew, JB, accepted and endured all her whims, but WJ is not like JB at all.
WJ is right, it's too soon to even think about marriage. They didn't had a decent date yet, non of them is ready to such a commitment, not to mention that his previous experience is a painful one.
On the other hand MH is insecure because she is the initiator of the so called relationship they have, and frankly WJ never made a step in her direction out of his own will, he kinda was dragged in it. He confessed that he liked her, and hugged her twice, but only as a response to the first step she made.
So now MH asks herself if WJ really likes her or not, she would accept any kind of commitment even if in the end it would be broken, just to make her feel more secure.
But WJ isn't the guy who is not keeping his promises, he is a man of honor, that's why he wants to be sure that his choices are the correct ones.
Unfortunately MH and her whole family will have soon another main priority... SJ's  illness will probably shake them from the roots.

5 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I just hope MH doesn't use her mom's illness to pressure WJ into marrying her. Then, she will be beyond forgiveness.

Or, JB might have his chance after all (if he still wants it) , once MH decides to please her mother and accept him. She is unstable enough to change her mind quickly. Who knows? 

2 hours ago, larus said:

I am very tired right now (but I managed to watched the last two episodes)and I won`t comment much about them . What I want to say is that I am glad that the writer gave Mi Ri her strenght back. It is alright if she has hesitated slightly, she is a tought woman and she is back on the right track. 

From the preview, I like that In Sook seems that she left the self pity party and she will go see the chairman.

I think Tae Joo was right that he left the house, but I am ambivalent about his decision to quit. I understand why he did it, His father was presuring him to divorce Mi Ri and he gave him a strong message that she is willing to quit being the heir of Hansung Group than leaving Mi Ri. I bet it hurts Chairman to hear him saying that he is wishing him to live well with his wife and the youngest son. But I wish he will fight a little more about his rights. His father  has not officially disowned him. 

I also think that Chairman is blinded by his ego. He really think Mi Ri and In sook have comploted together to take his fortune? Please!!!!

In Sook was right. It will be hard for the Chairman to fire her from the company. She could give him a hard time if he will fire her without a good reason. I just worried that Mi Ri is pregnant and she doesn`t need all this stress. I still don`t think it will be such a bid deal if the public will know the truth about Mi Ri and In Sook personal connection. 

To give the power to useless Na Do Jin was a stupid move. The chairman is patethic if he doesn`t have any other man to give him such possition. He really think he will do a good job this time? Please!!!!

I agree. All along I have thought that the fact that MR is IS's daughter from a previous marriage is not a big deal to the outside world. It is only a big deal for the Chairman who pictured it as IS's plot to cheat him of his fortune. But he is stupid enough not to suspect NHM.

Things are looking up for MR (except for the SJ part) because she is getting good support from IS and TJ. Hopefully living under the same roof will help IS and MR to work and improve on their relationship and I think that's the writer's intent.

I got to say this particular chairman is the most mentally limited evil heartless billionaire I've come across in drama.

In most dramas the evil chairman is very cunning.  In this drama the evil chairman is loud.

I feel like I've been waiting for TJ to grow up and develop instead of relying on his wife and mother.... He's going to be the successor of Hansung some day and it seems like he still doesn't have a strong backbone against the evil step mother... I mean it's okay he's just going to be the emotional support role for mother and MR... but i wish there was some development to him too. 

Like... he didn't quit on purpose. He had some plan up his sleeve to reveal the evil step-mother family. It's a little pathetic that MR is back at work again, while being pregnant to protect and save her husband who should be a capable man on his own... This frustrates me a lot... 

MR is probably the strongest person in the family right now... she has the brains, the guts, and the cards to play. And now that she's pregnant it's like she has an immunity shield against all things bad from the chairman to the evil-step family. But I wish there was more... The step family really deserves something more then a stupid apology. Or maybe I am just expecting too much... 

On the other hand, I like how MR's hair is longer now... it suits her much more... 

maybe the ending will be TJ being a happy stay at home dad, and passing all work, succession, stock role to MR? 

I don't know... TJ's biggest accomplishment so far is marrying a strong woman who will help his family business thrive is the feeling I get... 

1 hour ago, bananacad said:

I feel like I've been waiting for TJ to grow up and develop instead of relying on his wife and mother.... He's going to be the successor of Hansung some day and it seems like he still doesn't have a strong backbone against the evil step mother... I mean it's okay he's just going to be the emotional support role for mother and MR... but i wish there was some development to him too. 

Like... he didn't quit on purpose. He had some plan up his sleeve to reveal the evil step-mother family. It's a little pathetic that MR is back at work again, while being pregnant to protect and save her husband who should be a capable man on his own... This frustrates me a lot... 

That's the virtue of TJ - straightforward and not scheming. He never hide his dislike for NHM. Workwise he has a sharp learning curve and that's where MR is his mentor. He got excellent EQ and will do well. Recall the scene where he met the other executives from the subsidiaries and he handled them well. Of course being the chairman's son helps. 

8 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

That's the virtue of TJ - straightforward and not scheming. He never hide his dislike for NHM. Workwise he has a sharp learning curve and that's where MR is his mentor. He got excellent EQ and will do well. Recall the scene where he met the other executives from the subsidiaries and he handled them well. Of course being the chairman's son helps. 

I agree. It is alright for me if Tae Joo is not the Big Knight in shining armour. He is naive sometimes but he has strength as well. He never hesitated to tell his step mother what he thinks of her.

About the business, Mi Ri is better than Tae Joo and I like that the writer did not make him grow in a sharp business man over night. Mi Ri has years of experience and I really like that she became the president of Hansung Apparel and not Tae Joo. She has more expertise in business than her husband.  People at work and the business partners trust her. She has earned that trust over the years because she was good at her work. She managed to become the youngest director in Hansung Apparel on her merit and not because she inherit the title.  I apreciate that the writer let a women shine in this drama. 

If Chairman Han is the biggest fool and he doesn`t see the reality, that is his problem.

Sad to say this but I am quite sure SJ is dying. Her x-ray shows some irregularity.  Maybe IS is meant to takeover the restaurant. If SJ has heart problems or liver, I can still expect IS to be killed and SJ gets whatever body parts. But I don't think lungs' transfer is in KD scripts.

MR and TJ are getting huggy and kissy now, so those of you who thought being a married actress is hampering her, you are wrong. :) 

Why are we getting more melodramatics from the WJ-MH coupling? 'Nagging and selfish' says WJ, I do so agree. They have known each other for a few months and confessed their love for even less, and she demands marriage. My prediction is he will leave for the US and she will either unashamedly chase after him or she will stay in Seoul and continue to contort her face. But no MH-JB hook up.

During the press conference the PD mentioned that there will not be "liver or die" so I remain optimistic that SJ will be spared. Her illness will be used to remind all that SJ is growing old and the children should not take their mother for granted (sometimes we are guilty of that).

But I really wish that this drama does not go down the route of "terminal illness".

SJ's illness is she is too involved in her daughters lives.  All that wailing and melodramatics!  The part where MS told her she was planning to quit and SJ went into hysterics.  I wish I could reach out, smack her across the face and yell "shut the hell up".  In the early episodes, she screamed at her for not quitting her job and raising DB.  Now she screamed at her for planning to do so.  Whatever the daughters do, SJ is always there to make a drama out of it.  I am sick of her.  Frankly, I couldn't care less if she dropped dead.  Living with a mother like her must be exhausting.

I find it difficult to feel much sympathy for MS and what she has to go through with her mother, her MIL and her childish irresponsible son.  Because MS always comes across as though she's on a higher level.  She too has her faults but its as if she has none!  I don't much like her character and usually fast forward when I see her grumpy face on the screen.

It's no wonder the childish MH has to contort her face living under the same roof as SJ!  SJ's over-the-top reactions are enough to make me cringe so why shouldn't her daughter do facial contortions as a way to relieve stress! WJ was a married man and it's kind of a shock that he equates MH's childishness with 'purity'.  One wonders if he ever exchanged a kiss with his wife!  She has chased after him every step of the way.  My guess is that they will be apart for awhile and he would have to do the chasing to get her back.  Why anyone would want her is beyond me though! 

2 hours ago, O said:

My guess is that they will be apart for awhile and he would have to do the chasing to get her back.  Why anyone would want her is beyond me though! 

That is possible. KDs like to throw curve balls and I dread it, oh the thought of that smirk on MH's face if WJ makes a U turn... :crazy:

P/s MH could always leave home and work as a checkout girl while working on her literary career if she can't take her mum's histrionics. But no, she stays and contorts her face.

5 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

But I really wish that this drama does not go down the route of "terminal illness".

It is the depressing trop  they usually use. I hate it.

I am sure Sun ja has lung cancer but I hope it is not advanced and they can treat her. We all know that cancer is a nasty illness and a small percent of people survive in the long term.

Sun Ja is an overbearing mother sometimes but she is a good woman. She is reasonable when she calms down. Sun ja has a lot of heart. I wish she lived her life  and not lived only for her daughters and taking care of restaurant and worrying for her younger brother. 

I was so sad when she talked about wanted to live for more 50 years to take cares of her granchildren too, knowing that it is possible that she won`t make it to see Mi Ri`s child. Life is indeed short.

The writer gaves different kind of mothers and women types.

Mi Sun`s mother in law was in the beginning unbearable (now it is much better as a character) but I always approved that she made time for herself (she watched television, meeting with friends, taking golf courses, traveling, she was stylish). Sun ja is the kind of mother who puts everyone first but herself. There has to be a balance.

Sun ja is happy when she sees that her family is alright, they are happy. I am sad that the writer gave her this faith (a serious illness). I want Sun ja to not keep for herself her illness (not to worry her family). Let see how the writer will managed this story until the end. I hope she can balance the depressing story well.

I always enjoy watching Mi Ri provoking Na Do Jin "palpitations".

No wonder that he fears more Mi Ri than InSook. He doesn`t have a chance in a direct confrontation.

He looks like a clown in front of her. :lol:

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

The actors from Hansung Marketing team are eating together.

Archived