[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I still haven't worked up enough energy to watch Sunday's episode. It's so emotionalmy draining that there is no appropriate time of day to watch. Real life is sucky- winter cold etc- and I can't even stomach watching it. Even if I have read the spoilers.

I am almost tempted to watch My father is strange because at least the story progresses there. And I have 2 OTPs to watch. There is no couple who is happy here except for MH. But then I can't take MH. She is not very lovable. And not an impressive adult. MS dresses really well outside work. Doesn't or don't bank tellers just wear their work clothes home?

At this point need SJ to stop peeling spring onions and cook some japchae or bulgulgi instead. All I see are spring onions.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys.....maybe I'm weird but I feel Ujin and Miri would have been a great OTP.

Also I think I like Jaebom mihye more than Ujin Mihye...I see Jaebom and Mihye more as a separated couple going through some issues.......and Ujin Mihye more as a mentor mentee. 

Yes JB is super clingy and submissive to mihye.....annoyed the heck out of me at the start.....but I think thats because he knows he's the only one who will ever 'see and hear' mihye....coz until now no one in that family listens to her or takes her seriously. Also it doesn't help that Mihye is very immature at times.  JB also instantly knew UJ is a threat to him....when he realized UJ knows mihye is special too.

What sold me completely to this couple is that every anecdote Mihye was writing from her memories of her family had Jaebom in it. Even she didn't realize it....JB was already a part of the family. Or maybe that is exactly the reason he has not become something more than a friend and family to her. 

Also I started to see some lazy writing soon after ep 30 or so. The writing really started floundering during the "will she or won't she marry him" that plot went around in circles so many times it made me dizzy.

I also lost count of how many times Miri and her bio mom had ...'go and study abroad'.....'I'll tell Taeju the truth... we can't tell the truth'.....discussions.:weary:

6 hours ago, dito said:

You guys.....maybe I'm weird but I feel Ujin and Miri would have been a great OTP.

In fact, i had this thought at the initial stage that who is the best candidate to pair up with MR (KSY), is it must be HJH actor? I think this had been discussed in other forum site about this couple. But the character role has already planned at the beginning by the writer that TJ role must be a young and witty guy, a much junior position than MR so that to make the story flow according to writer's plan.....that's why TJ (acted by HJH) came into picture, rather than Wujin (acted by Ki Tae Young) who is a more mature man. I can accept this two pairings (TJ/MR and MH/WJ) because of the plot planned it this way. 

MH needs a mentor in her life due to her age, her character and her family background that brought up without a father since young. Generally a girl easily fall for a mature man at her early stage of life because she needs a mentor and a guidance, that make sense to the story. We have seen many real cases that a young woman fall for a mature or divorced man whereas an older and wise woman easily attracted to the younger man. 

The writer made the story dizzy and draggy, screaming and yelling is because she needs to fill up the ep screen time until the end....:w00t::lol:

It is still a watchable drama but i found the core revolving birth secret is not a big deal, the story could have made it more appealing....

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

In fact, i had this thought at the initial stage that who is the best candidate to pair up with MR (KSY), is it must be HJH actor? I think this had been discussed in other forum site about this couple. But the character role has already planned at the beginning by the writer that TJ role must be a young and witty guy, a much junior position than MR so that to make the story flow according to writer's plan.....that's why TJ (acted by HJH) came into picture, rather than Wujin (acted by Ki Tae Young) who is a more mature man. I can accept this two pairings (TJ/MR and MH/WJ) because of the plot planned it this way. 

MH needs a mentor in her life due to her age, her character and her family background that brought up without a father since young. Generally a girl easily fall for a mature man at her early stage of life because she needs a mentor and a guidance, that make sense to the story. We have seen many real cases that a young woman fall for a mature or divorced man whereas an older and wise woman easily attracted to the younger man. 

The writer made the story dizzy and draggy, screaming and yelling is because she needs to fill up the ep screen time until the end....:w00t::lol:

It is still a watchable drama but i found the core revolving birth secret is not a big deal, the story could have made it more appealing....

I don't mind TJ Miri too....but TJ seems too pure sometimes. He's like a little goldfish surrounded by sharks. That doesn't mean he's not smart....he does actually know how to handle his family....but he's too nice and polite to do or say anything...even when the situation demands it. Like, he knows his stepmom abuses his mom....but he can't do anything to stop it. Thank God Miri doesn't take crap from anyone.....otherwise that house will become hell for her.

I mean, just look at Seonja.....she never fails to go extreme where her daughters are concerned. Kicking her SonInLaw's richard simmons, pulling hair of bio mum...even beating up her daughters if they disappoint her.

Yes, I agree TJ's well suited with Miri here....she needed someone who loves her like crazy. But still I can see how Ujin and Miri could have come together nicely. 

The drama is still entertaining for me but with the handy fast forward button.:DThough I'm still at ep 60....so who knows.

TJ character role is an intentional written one, a contrast role, (Mr nice guy, not able to handle conflicts well), so that MR's role image, being capable, powerful and outspoken, can stand up vividly. This is a women centric drama, all women include young, single, married (eg. MS), or a single mother (like SJ), would be depicted in a different manner that had planned in the drama, whether we like it or not. Ultimately, the story is to illustrate and highlight the women strengths and weaknesses and how they resolve the challenges in their daily life. The imperfection of men sometimes in any situation allow women to unleash their strengths and skills to overcome most obstacles because of men's weaknesses. Good examples are MS's immature husband and IS two hopeless and awful brothers..:D

Hi everyone I started to watch this drama since ep 60 or something and still manage to understand the whole story :joy:, surely a family drama. But I'm surprised that KSY takes the lead role. I watched Secret Knight last year, she did a good job there so I thought there will be more offers to come, but she comes back to family drama.......

Anyway I think her character here is smart and powerful, hope the writernim keeps this personality until the end, I don't want her to do ridiculous things just because of this birth secret.

And the male lead for me does too much make up??? His face is always too oily or bright.... :sweatingbullets: 

On 8/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, larus said:

Hide contents

So, the picture is recent. We`ll see when Mi Ri will wear this suit. :D

Saw MR in this suit in ep88 preview. The gap between filming and broadcast is indeed close. Is this the norm for kdramas?

I didn't watch it with subs earlier and I honestly thought it was one of the better episodes. In that issues were out in the open. Other than that no comments. Although I was surprised that the WJ- MH romance hit a roadblock so soon. And man it was sure funny when MS husband went to collect her things. I really laughed at her colleagues impression of him.

I have 3 other weekend dramas I am watching how so the weekend dramas watching keeps me pretty occupied. So this drama is kinda no 4. Even Golden Garden was hilariousmy makjang today. And man the cleavage today... wow.

I love these two parts of ep 43 today.

One was the TJ/MR reconciliation, his confession/apology delivery was a well written speech. Any woman would certainly forgive him after hearing his confession.

One was the family voting scene for MH, the final vote results came out was a combination name of WJ/JB, it was really funny. :w00t:

MH childish act became a concern for her family members, and thus they created a family voting scene for a comedy effect. I did not focus too much on MH/WJ/JB storyline but at this moment, I see MH was the one who kept giving in the couple relationship. She was daring enough to confess her feeling. Love is blind so only her family members can access it better. The more you stop her or giving her genuine advice, the more we can see her rebellious and goes the opposite way. My own sister is a good example. i think MH should spend more time with WJ to see whether he is a suitable man for her. Because only time will tell. 

In this drama, we know that MH will go with WJ eventually, but in real life, do you choose someone who loves and cares for you more, or someone whom you love him more. Most will answer : go with your heart !!! Whether to go with one's heart, I think it is still lie with the person's character and her family background. It's hard to see a well balance in a couple relationship. One party may give more, while another party keeps receiving it, it's only both parties willing to give and take and change along the way to achieve a balance relationship and this is a on-going homework for all couples (us) to learn and practise.  :)

51 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I love these two parts of ep 43 today.

One was the TJ/MR reconciliation, his confession/apology delivery was a well written speech. Any woman would certainly forgive him after hearing his confession.

One was the family voting scene for MH, the final vote results came out was a combination name of WJ/JB, it was really funny. :w00t:

I want to add that I like the MR/IS conversation. Finally the two can sit down and talk without shouting at each other. And you can feel that they are awkard with each other, and MR was frank about it. I still dont like IS telling MR that she might have to let go of TJ. But I really like MR's response.

I'm curious if they are setting SJ up to die.

Any character that talks about living for the next 50 years is almost setting themselves up for an early death.

Also SJ takes to her bed over the smallest obstacle in her daughters' lives.

8 hours ago, hushhh said:

I'm curious if they are setting SJ up to die.

Any character that talks about living for the next 50 years is almost setting themselves up for an early death.

Also SJ takes to her bed over the smallest obstacle in her daughters' lives.

Me too. That cough is uncharacteristic of her. I never thought they would kill anyone but IS. In another show, the same IS actress was killed - cannot remember how- and her heart was transplanted into another nasty character.

Are they going to get MH pregnant? Her having their little private celebration. I would not marry a doormat  like JB but trying to get a man who is not ready for commitment for whatever reason is looking for marriage trouble. 

It occurs to me, of all the people [IS, TJ, and Miri] who were trying to support IS's family Miri was the most kind.  She provided a them with a avenue towards independence, instead of continued dependency.

I hope that TJ has learned his lesson [even though it looks as if he has not from last episode] that even the "good" uncle is dangerous because his weakness makes him untrustworthy.

The Westerner in me makes me want to hear TJ call Miri "Miri" instead of Sunbae or Ms. Kang.

Archived