[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

30 minutes ago, maribella said:

Hasn't the chairman told IS to sack the wife's brothers? How is he in Hansung apparel? 

Just like that. Chairman Han told In Sook to fire Hye Mi`s brothers because he was mad at her. Now she is in his graces again. In the preview Han Jong Soo told his wife to do what she wants.

One day you are fired at Hansung Corporation, the next you are promoted at Hansung Apparel. :w00t:

I don`t know how Chairman Han has managed to run his business so far. He is way too inconsequent.

Now I am curious  which of Na Hye Mi`s brothers is in Mi Ri`s office. Former Senior Managing Director Na or former Manager Director Na. I guess that he is the first brother.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched Sunday's eps live but felt no urgency or motivation to watch subbed version. I am fed up with Miri and her sad/pity face and attitude. I don't feel the loving feeling even when she says she loves TJ. A couple eps back she said to IS that they need to tell TJ because  without him knowing the truth she couldnt break up or reject him properly!!! 

I enjoyed seeing IS being treated poorly by the new wife. Again, I dont understand why she has to hang round for that..did she get inheritance from her dead husband that she could have just lived comfortably or happily...or is it because she wants more!!

I want a more mature and focused TJ... so please become a better and wiser man to make Miri regrets her stupid decisions and see through your so called mum's lies. They are both playing with his heart and dont really care about it. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Hi @ck1Oz,I've been a bit busy, so only been jumping on occasionally to do some modding, but otherwise, haven't been participating in the threads. I know that there are now subbed versions of the episode probably, but if you still want me to translate a scene, I'm happy to do so, if you could just tell me which episode you're referring to.

No no it's fine. The subber doing it as been merrily substituting words for almost all VIU subs shows. So I have gotten used to it. Or imagined my Korean is better than I thought. I was watching another drama today on viki- where at least they sub what is said. If you're not following the show it will take up your time.

It started off promising but it's now mired in draggy whining territory. I didn't even watched the subbed episode today since I live streamed last night. I was that fed up. Lol.

Hope you are well. There are some good dramas around in case you're watching. We are heading off for Seoul again in Oct so I am watching dramas just to make sure my accent is accurate and for vocabulary purposes.

@hushhh it wasn't those security monitors stickers?

I was sooooo tempted with this one because of Hong Jong Hyun. But after watching a few clips (oh the histrionics!) and reading the comments here, I remembered why I swore off weekend makjang and haven't touched any since Make a Woman Cry. I just find that in general they're not worth the six months of investment especially when there are so many much better shows out there. The tendency to focus on villains at the cost the protagonists in makjang annoys me no end. The dumbing down of the protagonists adds insult to injury.

I'll stick to watching clips of HJH now and again on YT. I'm sure he's wasted in this but he's nice to look at.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Was I the only one who noticed and was curious about the or sale signs on the entrance of the family home when SJ was leaving with TJ.

or did I make that up?

aren't that SAFE signs? at first I thought it was sale signs too, or my eyes is bad?

so, are the episode worthy to watch? I don't wanna see MR sad face every episode, I always skip MH scene, but I curios with mistreatment IS got from chairman's wife. so, IS not getting anything from her late husband?

21 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

TJ and MR have a drunken one-night stand.  Six weeks later, she's pregnant.  

I think we've cover the one night stand base, we just need to wait the pregnancy stage :P:P

Thier separation scene brought tears to my eyes, I can feel TJ's frustration and hurt in his eyes and slumped shoulder, and the rage in his eyes when he saw how his dad and that step mom treat his "mother"....

that aside, after saw how TJ's step mom treat IS, I'm relieved MR not married to that family, that woman is a fully manipulative witch

btw, I wonder if IS will tell TJ that MR is her daughter.

23 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

Thier separation scene brought tears to my eyes, I can feel TJ's frustration and hurt in his eyes and slumped shoulder, and the rage in his eyes when he saw how his dad and that step mom treat his "mother"....

that aside, after saw how TJ's step mom treat IS, I'm relieved MR not married to that family, that woman is a fully manipulative witch 

btw, I wonder if IS will tell TJ that MR is her daughter.

I like their separation scene. Not that they are separated but how the actors delivered their lines. I was upset with the writer because she kept the secret for so long in the plot but I apreciate the fact that she did not put Mi ri to lie about her feelings. Maybe it is worst that it was not a total separation, neither of them can move on. It kept the hope that, maybe, someday, she is ready to marry in a rich family.

I  am glad that Mi Ri is not part of that family. If she and Tae Joo will marry, I wish they will live separately from his father and his family.

No, In Sook won`t tell Tae Joo that Mi Ri is her daughter. She is not capable of doing something that it is not in her interest.  I think In Sook will tell Tae Joo about his stepmother`s intentions, how things works in Hansung Group, about the power struggle, that he has to fight for his position.

On 6/24/2019 at 1:01 AM, jeilopes said:

The ratings are really better. :sweat_smile:

“Mother Of Mine” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High

KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” has broken its own viewership record once again!

On June 23, the hit weekend drama achieved its highest ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 26.4 percent and 33.6 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1334189wpp/mother-of-mine-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high

Huh ? Really?  When all of us were pissed off because of the plot,  here comes the high rating hahah

4 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Huh ? Really?  When all of us were pissed off because of the plot,  here comes the high rating hahah

behind every viewer’s expectation comes high ratings and undermining scoldings from the disappointment of that particular episode.. lololol :tounge_xd:

soyeon is very active on IG today..

In the last episode, Na Hye Mi told In Sook that In Sook`s brother made some bad business in Malaysia. So, she kept the relationship with her brother but never interested to see how her daughter is doing? I am glad that Sun ja asked her how she was able to never ask what her daughter was doing all this time.

I am also curious if we`ll see both Na Hye Mi`s brothers.

It will be interesting to see how she is reacting towards Mi ri. In the preview, after reading Mi Ri`s files, Hye Mi said that she thinks she likes her. She heard about the feud between Mi ri and In sook and she will want an ally against In Sook?

She finds out about Mi Ri`s secret and will use it against both of them? She will want to keep Mi Ri and Tae Joo separated to not be stronger together?

I hope Director Park is keeping his mouth shut, unless he would  tell Tae Joo the truth.

17 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

I really like this full dress, the color of light safari clothes and she can carry that very well...

She wore another longer piece once at IS house on earlier ep and that scene was having dinner with IS but she was crying while hesitating to tell IS that she was her birth daughter...:wub:

I have kept few similar clothes in my wardrobe too :)

Okay Pretty Chingus, let's all dial it back as we are probably around the halfway point with this drama, so let's not protest the writer just yet.

What is the biggest conundrum in this drama right now? MR was abandoned by IS, her biological mother, who consequently married into a rich family and ended up raising TJ, who she is now in love with. I have been pondering the consequences of this myself and there are several ways that this could go when the truth comes out.

- TJ's relationship with IS will never be the same.

- The Chairman will most likely get rid of IS as CEO.

- If it becomes public, this could affect not only MR, but SJ and her restaurant, MS and MH.

- TJ and MR will not be together.

I think all of this separation is a setup for the inevitable. However, I feel like there is another secret and another element to all of this that we, the viewer have not been privy to yet. I feel like another character needs to be introduced in order for this story to eventually work. I would like for it to be someone who has dirt/a hand up on IS, which it looks like it may be the Chairman's wife. IS is the reason this story is stalling now. When MR had the courage to reveal everything to TJ, IS talked her out of it by threatening what may happen to her family. When she got her second bit of courage, IS got to her again. And now,  because MR has feelings for TJ she has become a coward and can't say anything. I knew she wasn't going to reveal it when he gave her that whole speech about how he wouldn't be the man he is today without IS. I am betting the writer is going to reveal the truth and cue to all of the unknown parties being shook and hurt. Then MR will end up going overseas for a while. At this point, IS needs to step down. Does she even work? All we ever see her doing is drinking and trying to make her daughter leave. TJ messed up though. He should've never told Mr. Park about his feelings for MR or his plans to marry her. He is the office gossip and before any of them can make a move, he would have blabbed all over the company what TJ told him.

MH kind of got on my nerves these last few episodes. I am not the type to believe that just because you like someone that the person you like owes you anything. Clearly, WJ has been through some things and is trying to now just focus on the publishing company. He has told MH on several occasions not to worry about him, not to ask about him and to keep things professional. She has ignored that. He has given her some leeway, but he has not given her the green light to be all up in his business or any indication that he shares her feelings. I do believe that he has fallen for her, he just doesn't know it yet. However, MH coming to the office and bawling in front of him and staring at him was just too unprofessional. To me, she acted like a teenager who is dealing with emotions for the first time.

I will say it again, MS needs to divorce JS. There is no redeeming that he could do in my eyes. He literally has no desire to spend any time with his family and he has become this habitual liar in order to keep going back to his hotel room to play with his toys. It's just too selfish for words. Seriously, why is he even married? 

55 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

MH kind of got on my nerves these last few episodes.

I don’t see a whole lot of on screen chemistry between MH and WJ, likely because MH is played by a newbie actress.  I find it common in kdramas where party A tells party B they do not like them.  But party B keeps saying they like A so A should like/love them back.  One way to interpret this is how persistent someone is towards love and won’t give up but another way to view it is behaviour bordering on creepy and annoying.  So MH is getting annoying. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, travelling thru said:

I don’t see a whole lot of on screen chemistry between MH and WJ, likely because MH is played by a newbie actress.  I find it common in kdramas where party A tells party B they do not like them.  But party B keeps saying they like A so A should like/love them back.  One way to interpret this is how persistent someone is towards love and won’t give up but another way to view it is behaviour bordering on creepy and annoying.  So MH is getting annoying. :rolleyes:

I find the MH actress tolerable now. She was so annoying in the beginning with overacting and her facial contortions. Being a newbie or young is not a good reason. Many of the veteran actors and actresses were excellent at 18, 22....

The writer may be trying to portray her as innocent, impressionable, on the spoilt side. Somehow making her a writer is not quite synching there. Now if she were a kindergarten teacher, jumping around with the kiddies or a tourist guide bubbling over with enthusiasm, but a writer? Not in my books.

The writer will make her mature overnight and he letting down his guard. :) My prediction is they will marry before MR.

I think there is very little progress in the story and character development is very slow, if we consider that we are in the second half of the series. The writer makes too many turns to the starting point. Even in terms of the names the writer is not too inspired, most korean names are made of two syllables I know, and can be exchanged between them. Let's be serious the Chaiman`s  wife is HyeMi when we already have a MiHye? The writer could not find another name?

MR jus returned to the company a few episodes ago, now she left again without even start anything to  achieve her goals. Yes, there is a little progress in her love life, she became capable of confessing her  true feelings to TJ, but that`s it.

The constant and annoying thing is IS behaviour, all she can do is drink and complain about how hard was for her, and why MR and TJ can't be together. It is stupid, because the actress has to say again and again the same boring lines to everyone.

Archived