[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Felt  so sorry Choi Myoung-Gil /IS  who had the thankless task of delivering repetitive pointless uninspired lines. Also the wardrobe people either hate the rich, the actor, or the character because they are dressing IS in clothes no one can make look good.  Exactly whose talentless middle school child did they outsource the designs to?  Did they mean to punish the child, who in turn decided to flip them the bird.  Maybe only the truly high-class can see the beauty of her clothes, or maybe just folks who are high.

The chairman may have outdated views of the world and class privilege, he is a misogynist but he seems to respect people who challenge/disagree with him to his face.  He respected the Chinese business woman Wang(?) who disagreed with him and she shifted his views.  He respects Miri and SJ who told him, "We are fine without your largess, thank you very much."  We only see him being mean to IS who goes along with everything he wants and tries to act behind his back.

Man, it would be ironic if his edict to IS to give up her child was a character test that she failed.  Perhaps if she had told him, "Stuff it, thank you very much", she would not have given up her daughter.    Miri would have grown up to be a very boring woman if it had turned out that way.  There'd be no Mom asking her to die with her because she can't bear to see Miri's heart so badly broken.

That secret of secrets should be told already to give IS and us a break from saying the same thing over and over. And yes it seems she got so drunk and ordered two curtains to be sewed together for a dress. The other one she wore earlier, I thought looked like a toga with not enough cloth to wrap around her. And why does she think she has the right to intervene with the woman she gave birth to and abandoned when she was 6 years old and why does Mi Ri even listen to her and not make her own decisions to tell TJ already. He has the right to know. I agree that the chaiman respects people who can honestly say what they are thinking. It would be so ironic if the chairman will know that Mi Ri is her daughter and the chairman would not care because he likes Mi Ri anyway because she is different from IS, that she is more like SJ than IS? Yes, I thought also that if IS long ago fought for her daughter and stood her ground that the chairman would have  respecter and may have permitted her to take her daughter in to the family. 

Anyway, the only one I really follow is the story of MR and TJ, they have chemistry and they have a story however their break up-non break up is getting long and unreasonable and boring. It seems the TJ and MR scenes together in drama is getting shorter because the writer does not know what to do with them so gave us longer scenes of the secondary characters. 

Please writer let TJ already know that MR is IS's daughter

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agreed with most of your who watched the last ep that the scenes were redundant and it should be avoided because there were too many repeated especially the IS part, whatever her conversation with anyone (IS>TJ, IS>Han, IS>MR, IS>SJ) :crazy:, her motive is purely selfish to cover up her mistake so that to make up all her excuses. She kept calling MR to warn her what to do....i wonder why MR kept answering her phone and not SJ call. It ridiculous that MR has to tell IS everything and they met so often in the scene. (kdrama plot again) :(

The only scene i enjoyed most was the last part, SJ was scolding and pulling IS's hair what a relief :lol:and I was happy to see that after seeing MR-SJ cried scene, i think IS deserve that "hair pull" which women usually do that when fighting....:w00t::w00t:

I think TJ was the sole victim here as nothing knows about the whole situation and that what matters most to him is only to be with Miri his whole life. Miri didn't think that much of TJ's situation nor doesn't care enough of his feelings. She should also fight his love for TJ as what he was doing for her from the start. She should tell TJ the truth about her coz im pretty sure he will understand and it seems now TJ is the only person who did care enough and never hurt her, who only thinks about her.

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

It’s not as if they are half-siblings or cousins so what’s the big deal of being together? the only person going down here is IS and her tarnished reputation. She’ll be shamed and be ashamed  for what she had done 26 years ago. 

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

That secret of secrets should be told already to give IS and us a break from saying the same thing over and over. And yes it seems she got so drunk and ordered two curtains to be sewed together for a dress. The other one she wore earlier, I thought looked like a toga with not enough cloth to wrap around her. 

Makes me wonder which brand these clothes are from and whether their sales went up after this advertising stint. 

4 hours ago, hushhh said:

The chairman may have outdated views of the world and class privilege, he is a misogynist but he seems to respect people who challenge/disagree with him to his face.  He respected the Chinese business woman Wang(?) who disagreed with him and she shifted his views.  He respects Miri and SJ who told him, "We are fine without your largess, thank you very much."  We only see him being mean to IS who goes along with everything he wants and tries to act behind his back.

This was a really nice realization as well. The chairman does his own sleuthing by bluffing people to find out their true intentions. And you can see that he’s really flustered when he’s called out for it. 

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I rewatched it subs. Man the telling off was fun to watch. I knew what was coming so was watching his face when he was told off by SJ.

And I enjoyed the car scene with TJ and SJ. I really laughed when SJ went at it with IS. But it was laugh out loud funny how makjang it was when MR and SJ were in the room. Lolol. I wanted to die. Who did you kill in your past life? Oh man, the lines were so histrionic it was funny.

WJ with hearts in his eyes while MH was bawling her heart out was kinda sweet. This is the first time I felt of MH. WJ looks as if he was tortured. The more angst he looked the more I enjoyed it. 

Lol, it was an entirely histrionic, cry fest episode worthy of a weekend drama. Man it was funny.

SJ got the MVP award today

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

That secret of secrets should be told already to give IS and us a break from saying the same thing over and over. And yes it seems she got so drunk and ordered two curtains to be sewed together for a dress. The other one she wore earlier, I thought looked like a toga with not enough cloth to wrap around her. And why does she think she has the right to intervene with the woman she gave birth to and abandoned when she was 6 years old and why does Mi Ri even listen to her and not make her own decisions to tell TJ already. He has the right to know. I agree that the chaiman respects people who can honestly say what they are thinking. It would be so ironic if the chairman will know that Mi Ri is her daughter and the chairman would not care because he likes Mi Ri anyway because she is different from IS, that she is more like SJ than IS? Yes, I thought also that if IS long ago fought for her daughter and stood her ground that the chairman would have  respecter and may have permitted her to take her daughter in to the family. 

Anyway, the only one I really follow is the story of MR and TJ, they have chemistry and they have a story however their break up-non break up is getting long and unreasonable and boring. It seems the TJ and MR scenes together in drama is getting shorter because the writer does not know what to do with them so gave us longer scenes of the secondary characters. 

They can't tell the secret of secret because they don't have any other story to tell. It has to come out slowly and ensnare everyone in its web.

I suspect that TJ will discover it :thumbsdown:or Miri will tell him:thumbsup:. He will either break up over shame of depriving Miri of her mother :smirk: or they will work together to manage the chairman's response. :smile:

The chairman will find out, kick out IS.  He will also kick out MiRi--TJ will try to go with MiRi.  It will take time for TJ to convince Miri to let him take the blame with her. SJ will give the chairman a verbal beatdown. SJ will also try to convince Miri and TJ that they should all die together.  IS will have a humungous pity party. Slowly MiRi and TJ will be back into the chairman's good graces.  One by one IS will be forgiven. 

4 hours ago, zenya22 said:

and us a break from saying the same thing over and over. And yes it seems she got so drunk and ordered two curtains to be sewed together for a dress. The other o

:lol::lol: I think there was a competition on who can make the ugliest dress. First it was the unsightly bow and now two pieces of curtains.

I am joining the thoroughly bored viewers. Not even the cute DB scene could elicit any interest in me. The WJ-MH was not a surprise. Given how childish both MH and JB have been, the 'what's wrong for me to like you'  does not surprise me. A child does not feel embarrassment when an adult would. SJ has been overacting. From that overawe act in the car and entering his office to the utterly ridiculous scene with MR, it saddens me that such an excellent actress had to act like an unhinged person, for no reason. If the aim was to bring tears to the viewers' eyes then I was not one of them. The ending with hair pulling is an appropriate ending to an episode used for dragging the show. 

When is the writer going to get smart and write off IS?  That would solve many problems.

3 hours ago, Ayi428 said:

I think TJ was the sole victim here as nothing knows about the whole situation and that what matters most to him is only to be with Miri his whole life. Miri didn't think that much of TJ's situation nor doesn't care enough of his feelings. She should also fight his love for TJ as what he was doing for her from the start. She should tell TJ the truth about her coz im pretty sure he will understand and it seems now TJ is the only person who did care enough and never hurt her, who only thinks about her.

Me too.  I've been reading quietly in this forum. And it's true.  The story is slow lately that makes me posts this. 

At first they rush the moms and chairman know about the relationship. And now they running out of story to tell hmmppp.

If I were the writer, I will set a side a 2day or 4day episodes for them to just know each other, date, and kiss more.

Maybe a little LQ between them or little jealousy with 3rd party.  You know,  just to make those romantics up high... Then just bring up these story we are witnessing by episode 35-40. Maybe it won't be draggy...

Yeah I also think TJ, who fights for everyone and good and kind to everybody was the one kinda a victim also here.  He doesn't know anything. And would you think if he knows the truth about IS and MR,  he will break up with her?  It's not like they are half brother.   They didn't have have the same parent.  Why?  Is it really bad in Korea to marry someone close to your mom?  Does it look bad?  Sorry I don't know,  just asking. 

Hay :( I miss TJ and MR already.  They don't even have a scene this ep27 and I think by the looks of it,  no sweet scene by tonight ep28. So sad :(.  Really... 

I Hope the rating drop a bit for this episode without TJ and MR scenes so that the writer will realize what they do wrong hahaha. WRITER WRITER feel the rating drop bwahahaha

i have last week’s 2 epi and last evening’s yet to watch.. and i guess, i should continue to not watch until next weekend (especially after last evening epi everyone seems to be screaming at the writer now :lol:)

the chingu who posted the IG snippet of SJ pulling off IS hair, whoa i like her violence!! :D something is wrong with IS fashion these days, i thought she has a professional shopper? the night gown looked weird. at first i thought why is she not wearing her grey cardigan properly over the yellow one.. then i realised, its sewn that way.. like, what the heck?!?!

so the preview to tonite’s epi, is MR resigning? she took a box with her hiding from TJ at the lift lobby isn’t it?

hahaha i seem to enjoy reading spoilers for this drama from here instead of live chasing the episodes these days.. maybe 50 epi is really too long and the plot gets draggy..

2 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

It’s not as if they are half-siblings or cousins so what’s the big deal of being together? the only person going down here is IS and her tarnished reputation. She’ll be shamed and be ashamed  for what she had done 26 years ago. 

This is the main reason she does not want anyone to know that she is the heartless mother that abandoned a 6 y.o child in winter.  She would be shamed and initially the chairman might not agree to the marriage after knowing about MR, but TJ might soften him a bit and even though it does not seem like it, and he does not say it, he loves his son.  He just has a weird way of handling it.  

To him, he likes people who work hard and are not leeches to him or his company.  Just like SJ called him out, MR also called him out and walked out since she did not want to be late for a meeting.  HE like MR very much not romantically since he sees her (like a pervert), but happy that his son made a good choice.  

IS is like a bed bug who has leeched onto TJ and even though he wants to kill the bug (not literally), since TJ is pretty much in good terms with IS, he is letting her stay and dealing with it.  HE does not want to handle the repercussions from his son, in the event he kicks IS out.  As a father, even though he might not say it, he is more considerate than IS.  IS plans everything to destroy and some how MR and TJ come out of it a little bit stronger.  

I would wish that MR stops talking to her mom or even listening to her.  I hope MR walks to the chairman's office and announces that she is the daughter of IS that was thrown away.  

2 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

This was a really nice realization as well. The chairman does his own sleuthing by bluffing people to find out their true intentions. And you can see that he’s really flustered when he’s called out for it. 

Definitely.  He knows that most of them are lying to him and keeping information from him and I really loved how he contacted MR and got her to come back to the company.  Even though I don't like his character and writing, I do like the perseverance.  TJ does have inherited similar characteristics from dad.   Now in the preview did I see MR with a box hiding from TJ .  Just because MR goes away, would TJ just stay put?  Would he not pursue and try to find MR.  

30 minutes ago, maribella said:

When is the writer going to get smart and write off IS?  That would solve many problems.

Don't you think that she is actually the main female lead?  She has more scenes than MR and TJ combined.  She is a busy body and moving around just about everywhere.  I don't think she can be written off.  The story would not have legs.  

Just like you, I did not relish seeing the crying either.  Since I was watching live, I had no choice but to sit and watch it . The writer should have reprimanded MR for keeping secrets again and let her be punished.  

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

IS will have a humungous pity party. Slowly MiRi and TJ will be back into the chairman's good graces.  One by one IS will be forgiven. 

Yep, Yep and Yep.

11 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Don't you think that she is actually the main female lead?  She has more scenes than MR and TJ combined.  She is a busy body and moving around just about everywhere.  I don't think she can be written off.  The story would not have legs.  

haha :lol: the other title of this drama is called Mother of Mine.. probably depicts from MR’s point of view of this birth mother who goes around annoying everyone and even us, the viewers!! ya, so for that.. choi myoung gil is actually the first female lead not kim so yeon B)

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

That seems plausible. However, I don't think MR can end up with a mother/MIL rolled into one. Abandoning one's child for money is distasteful in many societies. They have to get rid of her in ignominy or turn her into mother Teresa posthumously. I had watched a most ridiculous show called two sisters (not quite sure) where the evil adopted daughter repented and became a volunteer somewhere dangerous. She died ergo the Mother Teresa treatment. 

Maybe they will have IS sacrificing herself.

I cannot see how she can be accepted as a mum/MIL while SJ is also mum/MIL. Just too contrasting.

Pity party indeed. I hate that IS is the hypocrite who keeps looking down on SJ saying that SJ must be happy to have wealthy inlaws. She indeed does not want to be seen as the mother who abandoned her daughter long ago for money and prestige.  A witch hypocrite. I hope the chairman discovers that IS bribed Park, he watches his money where it is being spent, does he not? Should he not have his own accountant to check out or balance the books, a business man who owns a conglemeration of businesses and he is not aware of IS bribing Park? I love SJ pulling IS hair

Hmmmmm, IS does look like the female lead leading the story of MR and TJ and dictating even to the chairman what she wants. I would think by the way she is drinking that she would be walking into the chairman's office falling on her face. I wonder how she can even drive? She gustles alcohol straight from the bottle emptying it. Why the chairman even trusts her to make her CEO and how does she function as one? She was the one who tried to drive MR away even when she did not know MR was her daughter and made the mistake of taking away the project that MR used to handle and almost lost the very important Lyon Molly account, she also made the decision to go against the chairman regarding the Wang business proposal and was embarassed in front of the other Directors and managers. Why is she still there when she herself admitted that she made mistakes. She is a failure as a mother (except to TJ who may change his mind when he realizes that she was the one who abandoned her daughter) and a failure as a CEO. Yet she is still around because she has to lead in the drama??? 

Writernim, you must have writer's block - the story is going nowhere , no character development - what a waste of mostly good actors!!! Stop taking away the spine you gave MR in the first place!!!

You even put in the ol' " Let's die together!" line :bawling::confounded:...The best scene was when SJ let out her real self in front of the chairman, got a laugh out of that ....

But enough with the stalling ....The cat needs to come out of the bag and play!:naughty: It really would be interesting to see TJ finally understanding MR's hesitation & anger (after getting quickly over his own sense of betrayal), then trying to deal with his 'mother's' betrayal......

Looks like more stalling to come, though, with trophy wife & kid coming back - maybe they could bring a co-writer along to help with the storyline?

I came back after watching with subtitles.

I am glad that there are so many chingus here who share the same frustration. I feel like I am in a group therapy here. :lol:

I thought I`ve handled very well watching this episode but I watched the preview and my blood pressure rises again. The nonsense plot continues. God help me! I have to watch this till September and I lost the trust in this writer.

Maybe it will get better. I will finish this drama but please, Dramagod, give Soyeon a good script next time!

I can`t believe Sun ja and Mi ri will continue to say nothing and let In Sook getting her way. The fact that Mi Ri is the daughter of In Sook would have been more of a problem if In Sook was married with Tae Joo`s father, if Mi Ri was a hidden child or biological ties with Han family, or Mi ri would have issues that her biological mother raised Tae Joo and not her. The only problem here is In Sook who makes it a bigger problem than it is because of the guilt/ discomfort.

If the two women in Tae Joo`s life (In Sook and Mi ri) were in really bad terms, the  writer could have gave him the oportunity to be the mediator between them. But Mi Ri forgave her biological mother and gave her a second chance but this ungrateful woman made a mess again. It is everything about herself. And the Chairman did not do anything yet. Let him react first and deal with it later. But no...

In Sook had the guts to go to Han Jong Soo and tell him that she doesn`t aprove the marriage. He threatened him with her resignation. Good riddance!

I laughed at Sun ja and Mi ri`s scene where her mother told they should kill themselves. I understand that Mi Ri is just unlucky and she just had to fall in love with the only man that she should better not, but I hope they are temporarily lost their minds and agree with In Sook.

I am disappointed in Mi Ri who doesn't tell the truth to Tae Joo. She knows that she has to tell the truth but she does nothing. Instead she is hiding from him and wants In Sook to make him stop pursuing her. The next episode it will be hard to watch.

Why it is so hard for the writer to write better conflicts? It is a family drama. I am all right if I see a "boring" family issues and won`t see contrived plot/conflicts. It would have been so much better to see Tae Joo and Mi Ri date for a chance. Why not let the audience see them date and after that see them getting married. We did not see a proper kiss yet. OK, let them marry. We could see small married couple issues, we could see them overcome problems at work together, or we could see how they are dealing with the dilemma of pregnancy or continuing her career.

A new character is coming to the scene. If she will find the truth and and threatens In Sook with it, I will scream. Boy, I really lost the trust in this writer! :lol:

I liked better with subtiltes the moment Sun ja met Chairman Han. I am glad he told him off for demending to meet at his order or to suggest that she won`t have to struggle anymore with the restaurant. I like how he told him that he is the one needing her. She did not ask for anything. :lol:

I also liked Sun ja and Tae Joo`s moment in the car. It was a heart to heart moment. He asked him why she loves Mi Ri. I liked when she laughed when Tae Joo said that Mi ri is cute. 

3 hours ago, Chlee4ver said:

If I were the writer, I will set a side a 2day or 4day episodes for them to just know each other, date, and kiss more.

Maybe a little LQ between them or little jealousy with 3rd party.  You know,  just to make those romantics up high... Then just bring up these story we are witnessing by episode 35-40. Maybe it won't be draggy...

Oh yeah... definetly. The writer could made good scenes just showing us tender moments. I also like when characters really have conversations. And those hilarious flashbacks. We could find out more about Sun ja`s past, maybe she will write her a romantic interest, an old flame who comes back to her life. Maybe Mi Ri and Mi Sun will meet Woo Jin, later, when Mi Hye will be together with him. The difference in social class between family could be an issue. The writer could have shown us how how the family will deal with it.

9 hours ago, hushhh said:

Man, it would be ironic if his edict to IS to give up her child was a character test that she failed.  Perhaps if she had told him, "Stuff it, thank you very much", she would not have given up her daughter.    Miri would have grown up to be a very boring woman if it had turned out that way.  There'd be no Mom asking her to die with her because she can't bear to see Miri's heart so badly broken. 

It was sure a test. The Chairman said himself that he wanted to test In Sook`s determination. Now we know more about his personality. He likes people with strong convictions, people who will tell him in the face what they are thinking. Those people are easier to trust. He is testing everyone all the time.

Why Chairman Han would have been against In Sook to enter the family with her daughter? I already said it that I find it very odd and very cruel that he did not want a six years old girl in his family. Her father was a decent man, she was an innocent child. They could never register her in the family, just allowed her to grow up with her mother. The public already knew about In Sook`s situation. It was not a scandal at all.

Chairman Han put In Sook to a test and she failed it. That`s why he never really liked her or trusted her. Of course, that he could admire some of her traits but the fact that he knows that In Sook could abandoned her own daughter for enter the rich family says a lot about her character, and he never let his quard down when he deals with her. He knows well that she could stab him in the back the soon she has an oportunity.

I will like if Han Jong Soo will not make a huge deal when he finds out the conection between Mi Ri and In Sook. He will be upset at first but most of it because people around him lied to him. I want to see how In Sook will deal with the fact that she could have not abandoned Mi Ri in the first place, that everything was the concequesces of her actions, that she failed a simple test because of her greed.

I am disappointed with how Miri is handling the situation. She seems to react/try to to get out of the whole marriage proposal rather than actually do it because she loves him. I feel very little passion in her actions toward TJ. Therefore, i am up for the real break-up so she can reflect on her decision, feelings and ponder on what he is to her...

1 minute ago, KikiTata said:

I am disappointed with how Miri is handling the situation. She seems to react/try to to get out of the whole marriage proposal rather than actually do it because she loves him. I feel very little passion in her actions toward TJ. Therefore, i am up for the real break-up so she can reflect on her decision, feelings and ponder on what he is to her...

Mee too. I am for the break up and I wish the next time Tae Joo won`t approach her for a reconciliation. I really wish this time she will have to try to get him.

The new actors from Mother of Mine.

2 hours ago, larus said:

It would have been so much better to see Tae Joo and Mi Ri date for a chance. Why not let the audience see them date and after that see them getting married. We did not see a proper kiss yet. OK, let them marry. We could see small married couple issues...

That's the correct term I am looking for. You said it right...  PROPER KISS.  Hello writer and director...  Are you listening?  I know it's a family drama but but you have lovers here,  adult sweethearts.  The series is already a winner in the drama side but hey,  the you must at least kick the romance gear high up.  At least a little.  MR and TJ already did the "did". Even that scene we just made up ourselves because that scene have so small hint hahaha.   How come they only had I think 2 smack kiss? The one in the tent and other in to condo. The elevator scene is not counted because that's a 1sided thing okay hahaha.  I wonder if their being too naive to MR character because So Yeah is already married? But hey in the drama Encounter,  Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum really makes giggling scenes.  I'm just saying.  Well I hope MR and TJ story be sorted out by the writer.  Pls Pls Pls.... 

1 hour ago, KikiTata said:

You raised a nice point...  Although I want them to be together,  on the other side,  can we see that?  Instead of TJ,  it's MR who will chase after him?  We'll see.  It's hard to think given how TJ character really pursued MR...  He's so determined so maybe if that reversal will happen,  I think just 1 MR call and sorry could tender his heart and give in hahaha 

1 hour ago, Chlee4ver said:

How come they only had I think 2 smack kiss? The one in the tent and other in to condo. The elevator scene is not counted because that's a 1sided thing okay hahaha.  I wonder if their being too naive to MR character because So Yeah is already married? But hey in the drama Encounter,  Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum really makes giggling scenes.  I'm just saying.  Well I hope MR and TJ story be sorted out by the writer.  Pls Pls Pls.... 

No, it is not about Soyeon`s status as a married woman. It is just the writer`s choice.  Lazy writing.

The conflict that writer has chosen for the couple to face is not an issue anymore but she just keep it alive in the drama. It`s frustrating to see how a good heroine is ruined with her uninspired writing.

Mi Ri was unlucky but at least she was not stupid.

I can`t believe the writer made us see how In sook won. She will stay CEO but Mi ri took her things and left her job she worked so hard to get in the first place. It doesn`t matter it will be just for a while. 

I don`t even want to watch today episode. The only saving grace will be if Mi Ri will tell Tae Joo the truth even after she decided to accept In Sook`s condition (to leave the company, to refuse the marriage).

2019062313001765955_l.jpg

Archived