[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I`ve just finished watching the episode.

The highlight for me was Mi Ri telling off In Sook. When In Sook told her that it is for her own good she should go to America, Mi Ri asked her if it is really for her. Of course, it is not and they both know it. Without telling her on her face she is so selfish, Mi Ri refused to go. She even told her to not play her mother now. In Sook`s pressure on Mi Ri to leave the company and go aboard is revolting. She doesn`t think for one second how she feels to hear her biological mother wanted her to dissapear from her life again after abandoning her when she was very young. With the excuse that both of them will suffer if the news broke out (it is a poor excuse in my opinion), she tries to bribe her to take the oportunity to study aboard because she never got a chance to do that becasue of her poor family (facepams!). Then, after seing all this did not work, she uses Tae Joo and Mi ri`s relationship, telling both of them to break up. She will tell the Chairman, throwing both of them under the bus just to not admit in front of him that she knows now that Mi Ri is her biological daughter. She will manipulate Sun Ja to tell Mi Ri she is OK if she will go aboard, that she should go to fulfill her dream.

The second highlight was Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s relationship. Mi Ri open up to Tae Joo and went to him for comfort, apologysed that she kept him off of her life. It was a tender moment between them and I love that their relationship becomes stronger.

The third thig... Sun ja singing with the band. I wish they will sing for real in front  of the audience someday. Sun ja is sad and she feels lonely because her life changed. She has to find little pleasures in life, outside her dedication as a mother and restaurant owner.

The hard times for Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s relationship are coming and I want the moments to be delayed a little. But I think that even those hard times will make them stronger together.

From shooting

Seeing Mi Ri`s expression it doesn`t look like a sweet scene. I hope it is not a break up scene.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, larus said:

Seeing Mi Ri`s expression it doesn`t look like a sweet scene. I hope it is not a break up scene.

I think I worry for nothing. They are on a date on Han River park. They are walking hand in hand. :wub:

New shooting scene.

Kim So Yeon Shows Off Diverse Charms Through Contrasting Makeup Looks On “Mother Of Mine”

8d8002edfa7c4db6b188881f1e780381.jpeg?s=
by M. Dang

Kim So Yeon has been gaining attention for the different makeup looks she pulls off in “Mother of Mine“!

In the KBS 2TV drama, Kim So Yeon plays the role of Kang Mi Ri, and the multifaceted charms of her character are highlighted by her makeup. On one hand, she is a charistmatic careerwoman with cool-headed judgement, and this is reflected through strong colors that give off a professional vibe.

Kim-So-Yeon-1.jpg

On the other hand, when she is with her boyfriend Han Tae Joo (played by Hong Jong Hyun), her makeup is done with colors that evoke a loving feeling, presenting a completely opposite image from when she is in the office. The detail of makeup that changes based on the scenario adds another layer of depth to Kim So Yeon’s character.

Kim-So-Yeon-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325532wpp/kim-so-yeon-shows-off-diverse-charms-through-contrasting-makeup-looks-on-mother-of-mine

8 hours ago, my0therside said:

I think its a prelude to a bed scene? 

In our imagination.:lol: It was a tease for audience.

I don`t know if they will show us the continuation of that scene. It could be just both of them talking on a sofa and awaking  next to each other in the morning, or they will imply to happen a more intimate scene.... I don`t know. Whatever it was, I am happy that they show us a deeper emotional conection between Mi Ri and Tae Joo. :P

6 hours ago, marypots08 said:

Why do I feel MR and TJ will end up sleeping together based from how yesterday's ended..

Or maybe, TJ is going to give his gift to MR.

I think it will unlikely be a bed scene for them since it is a family drama, but i don't mind to see a "passionate kiss" scene from them :w00t: when TJ needs to comfort her and standby her no matter what obstacles coming to them. (I am waiting for it, :w00t:)

I would like to see if TJ confess to MR that he is the son of the chairman but again i doubt so early to reveal because the story needs to create another climax in the following episode...

The current ep shown that IS is the only one who knew all the secrets except MR doesn't know TJ is the chairman's son while TJ also doesn't know MR is a daughter of IS. Based on TJ' recent IG that he wore the smart outfit like CEO rather than a newbie outfit, seems that he may reveal his identity soon in the upcoming weeks....

I hope TJ & MR don't break up too soon although we will be seeing that the chairman and IS are trying to stop them. We need to see more of their sweet moment, especially the marketing team should go out for a team bonding like a picnic or BBQ gathering, two different pairs TJ & MR and Mr Park with the newbie girl and the rest, we can have some comical scenes on this EP, it will be fun to watch  .....:lol:

Also I guess it may be a time jump for TJ & MR so that TJ can turn into a more mature man and experience CEO in future...Let's see.

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I hope TJ & MR don't break up too soon although we will be seeing that the chairman and IS are trying to stop them. We need to see more of their sweet moment,

I think we`ll see a break up scene but I don`t think it will last longer. Mi Ri doesn`t hold  grudges for long. I think she will be shocked and feel a little betrayed when she will know that Tae Joo is the Chairman`s son but I don`t think she will hold against him this situation for so long. If she was able to forgive her biological mother, at least she was able to give her another chance when she doesn`t deserve it at all, Mi Ri will forgive Tae Joo. She will understand why he did not tell. Tae Joo is a colateral victim just like Mi Ri. Maybe it will not be easy for Mi Ri to know that In Sook is close to him when, at this point, her relationship with In Sook took a blow because of her selfishness, but I trust the writer will make the right choice. I am curious how the Chairman Han will react, what he and In Sook will do to separate them.  I am curious to see how our couple will evolve when Tae Joo will be promoted. This will be another moment where they had to face and adapt.  We`ll have so many episodes to watch. I am not worried about them.

Yeah, I am addicted to their sweet moments as well and I want lots of them. :P

More pictures from the shooting scene

Han River Park date

I am hoping they will go on a trip outside Seoul some day. They will need a time out of the stress.

Hard to time jump right now as there are 2 other couples involved in this drama. You jump MR and the whole MH story will be messed up. It's usually concurrent story timeline.

Its whether the writer makes them break up after he becomes the Chairman's son or before. I think it will be after. Or they may not break up at all with that but break up for another reason. Who knows? 

I guess it depends on how if is revealed. I still haven't had time to watch it subbed commenting from the scenes I watched. He was quite adamant about not being revealed and IS is the one insisting on it now. 

I am going back to rewatching the break up scenes in Five Children. Surprisingly it has been very enjoyable watching it. I have probably rewatched the younger sister break up scenes like 20 times or more. A good break up storyline can actually be better than a badly written romance line.

12 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

ts whether the writer makes them break up after he becomes the Chairman's son or before. I think it will be after. Or they may not break up at all with that but break up for another reason. Who knows? 

I also think it will be later but I wonder if there will be a story about a "fake beak up".

No wonder In Sook insisted that Tae Joo should move back in her house. As long as Mi Ri and Tae Joo are neighbors, It will be hard for outside people to keep them apart.They could be "officially" apart and "unofficially" together at least for a while, depending of Chaiman`s Han`s spying army efficiency. :P

I laughed when Director Park was sent to spy on Mi Ri and In Sook. He got lucky to find out so quickly that Mi ri is the biological daughter of In Sook. The people who send him the file, had old pictures of them. Damn. How they got these pictures anyway?

I`ve just watched live. It was a good episode, IMO.

In Sook... I don`t have words for her. The Director`s Park`s face when he found out that MI Ri and Tae Joo are dating! :mellow: On point. He thought In Sook will tell the Chairman the truth about her family relationship with Mi Ri but she prefered to throw under the bus both Tae Joo and her daughter instead. I did not understand what she said but even without knowing the exact words, I could sensed how perplexed Director Park was. Mi Ri is her biological daughter, Tae Joo was like a son to her.

Chairman Han coming to the company in person. I wish I know what he said to Mi Ri at the meeting that made gher a little uncomfortable. Every man executives laughed but she did not like it. I can imagine. Chairman Han noticed the ring on Mi Ri`s finger, he knows his son is serious about the relationship. I saw that he bring The investor from China again. What is his plan?

I loved when Mi Ri got angry when she found out that In Sook manipulated her mother Sun ja, to push her to leave to America. I cheered when I saw that she went to In Sook`s office to say a few words to her. It is her right to be angry. I am glad she did not keep it inside this time.

Mi Ri and Tae Joo spent the night together and Tae Joo got her a couple ring.  He is wearing the ring himself  as a medallion :P I really like that they got so close. Now I want lot of kisses from this couple. I can wait to see more of them.

Mi Sun took Da Bin at work because she did not have another option. I wish she will find a solution about her family. I hope she will move close to her mother.

Mi Hye is faliing for Woo Jin. She is writing a book about her family. I apreciate that she wants to protect Mi Ri`s situation but I think she should not exclude her from her writing because Mi ri would feel hurt.

Next episode will be intense as well. Both Mi Ri and Tae Joo will feel the presure. As long as they are together everything will be fine.

I can`t wait for next week.

Cool bananas. Thanks  for the heads up. I am still up. So going to enjoy watching it. At the rate my life  is going  will be lucky  if I get to watch  the subbed episodes  sometime  this week. 

Truly excellent news. A writer  who writes about a couple in their 30s who behave like adults. These forehead kisses when you have Mr Hottie in your arms are nuts. Man couple rings.  That is a lot more than liking a girl a lot when TJ is such a responsible  person. A bit  harder to brush it all aside as a guy who liked his manager while trying  to be ordinary and not a nakasan hire. 

It's set in Kdrama logic  now. First  night  together... couple  stays  together. Bar a break  up or  two.  

Addit- watching  it now  * steam coming out of  my ears * that  woman  is  nasty.  Underhanded. How can she smear KMR's morals  like that? No wonder  Director Park is speechless.  Yes its true they are dating  but he knew the relationship  and was shockec that she just threw away her daughter.  Crikey. Might have to skip judicially  otherwise would be to incensed  to sleep. She  literally  blamed everything  on her. And threatened  Park or rather  blackmailed. 

But  mama mia, those  2. I barely  restrained  myself  from squealing. Eeee... he is so sappy. Lol.  But we finally  got the correct moment  for 

" Miri-ya."  %_÷=×£^€&£$%/

The writer has set those 2 up solidly.  Ep 18 hey? They have  moved faster than  a lot of other weekend  drama couples.  And Taeju is rather sweet. Lol. It's a very, very good morning after scene. No need  to guess  her camisole was off.  Hahaha... and it wasn't  a separate bedroom. Not  with  him  suddenly  being  so confident and her not denying him any of his claims. Hah. Good scene. 

Preview

In Sook and Chairman Ha, too late for you, trying to separate Mi Ri and Tae Joo! :D

Mi sun saw Mi Ok and the creepy master in the car! :w00t:

31 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

These forehead kisses when you have Mr Hottie in your arms are nuts.

I know!  But we hang up in there. There is a thing called hope. :D

I really want to see a natural development of their relationship. It is still room for growth.

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I am going back to rewatching the break up scenes in Five Children. Surprisingly it has been very enjoyable watching it. I have probably rewatched the younger sister break up scenes like 20 times or more. A good break up storyline can actually be better than a badly written romance line.

Which episode/s are they in?

@Laurs

I wonder who is the lady with the big hair in the red jacket? Is that the Chinese investor you referred to above? 

15 minutes ago, smhelen said:

I wonder who is the lady with the big hair in the red jacket? Is that the Chinese investor you referred to above? 

Yes. Wang Wei is her name and there was a scene in the first episode where she and Mi ri made a business together. Park Tae Ri made a mistake and almost ruined the deal.

They were talking in Chinese. Also the Chairman said that it was very hard to deal with her and praised Mi ri that she did a good job.

Joo Hyun Mi who made a cameo as Wang Wei is a famous trot singer. She sang the first OST of Mother of Mine.

It is nice to see her again.

@smhelen ep 40 onwards. 

Done. Finished the episode. Good night  all. Saw the  preview. Angsty as but  TJ is solidly supportive.  So not  that  stressed. Those  2 were shooting  love hearts in the house in ep 18. And MR invited  TJ to her mother's  house for a meal. 

And btw, TJ made some promises. So safe to say the MR and TJ couple  are a solid couple. Now we will see what  the obstacles will be. Gotta say IS is way worse than the Chairman. Listen to what she said to Park.

Late and I have  a 5am wake up for work, night.  Enjoy the subbed episode.  You  guys should watch the morning  after scene raw you know.  How are you all going to see the love heart dripping with honey scene when you have to READ?

I like that they show a scene where Sun ja and In Sook met. This time they met in a fancy restaurant. Sun ja tried to wear better clothes, put make up and high heels. She was not in her element. She is an ordinary woman, she doesn`t have In Sook`s ellegance but she has a warm heart instead. No wonder Mi Ri loves her so much. I liked the scene where Sun ja and Mi ri had lunch and Mi Ri used a tissue to clean her mother`s mouth (like her mother was a baby).

BTW, I noticed that the pizza was burnt. Or it was a new recipe I did not know? :D

24 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Gotta say IS is way worse than the Chairman. Listen to what she said to Park.

I sensed her nonsense from Park`s perplexed face. And she claims that she has a heart, that she loves Mi Ri and Tae Joo. A stranger can show more understanding/ compassion than her towards Mi Ri.

I want to see a scene where Sun ja meets Tae Joo`s father. Both are temperamental. I want her to speak her mind in front of him, to be herself.

Putting aside IS, I am sure it's not common that a new graduate hire be able to afford an officetel in a new building. Close to work. And no parents in sight. And it is a Tiffany box right? I haven't watched ep 17 completely so don't know if he shopped there.

She must have an inkling he is not that poor. Since his CV will have had an overseas degree right? Then his house furnishing ain't shabby.

In fact his apartment is nicer than the last 2 judges dramas I've watched. Plus the newbies in Misaeng. Plus the prosecutors in Forest of secrets. And the male lead in Prison Playhouse. 

Gotta squeal though- and the reason why I had to repeat- the morning scene twice. I was too busy dying and wasn't listening. Had to repeat to hear what was said. Too busy swooning both times. No no no what I meant to say is that the ring went on the left ring finger. Not the usual right ring finger where I see couple rings go. In Kdramas. Because for those dramas the writers tend to make the leads break up. It's like or implied that the right hand is for couples but its like dating couples. But when you want to make it look serious, go with the left hand. Where the wedding ring goes. But it's not engagement yet. But left hand trumps right hand. Then its a sign of full on opposition to the relationship.

Archived