[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

12 minutes ago, larus said:

I am having fun watching how he annoys everyone there but in the same time I know that he is hurting himself more than anyone. Is things really going well at work for him? I felt so sorry for him when he was waiting for Mi Hye and her uncle asked why he kept coming to their house so much and he said that he wants to see Sun ja, him and Mi Hye.  He looked alone and sad. He needs a family?

now that you mentioned, he probably doesnt have a family? for a scriptwriter so successful he should be very busy enjoying the fame and meeting deadlines but all he does is hanging around MH.. 

15 minutes ago, larus said:

He is so creepy. What does he want? Is he fooling Mi Ok? Is he a swindler?

from teaching pottery draped in singlet and leather, then leeching on the women for expensive food.. if he were to open his mouth to ask them join in some investments, i bet all the crazy old women are going to be conned easily.. yucks! recently he was acting as a priest in ITEM.. twisted.

i’m quite looking forward to the plot when Chairman invites MR for a meal.. my guess, he will invite TJ as well (with JSY) to see the shock on everyone’s face.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i’m quite looking forward to the plot when Chairman invites MR for a meal.. my guess, he will invite TJ as well (with JSY) to see the shock on everyone’s face.

I am on red allert with this man. I don`t know what it is his agenda. He cares about his company and his son but he could be horrible with Mi Ri just like he is with In Sook. I would like to see more scenes with him, in different ocassions. So far he was nice to Mi ri but I won`t trust him.

Speaking of when Mi ri will find out about Tae Joo`s secret.

Tae Joo felt that there is something else going on with Mi ri, why she wants to leave the country, but of course, he doesn`t have a clue what it could be. Mi Ri confirmed him that there is a secret and he should not ask more. Tae Joo said that he has a secret as well but Mi ri did not want to hear it because she thought that sharing that secret it would be fair to share hers. I believe Mi Ri will tell first that In Sook is her biological mother and Tae Joo will feel bad, and could not tell her his secret. When Mi Ri will find out it will be worst for Tae Joo because he did not tell her himself when she shared it with him. I am afraid, Tae Joo`s secret will be revealed the worst way possible for him, for Mi Ri.

With all the more violent series, I always enjoy the weekly visits with a family drama. Kim Hae Sook & Kim So Yeon have been some of my favorite actresses, both can bring many layers to each character they play. 

I know many like the MR & TJ pairing, but I find TJ very immature and at times arrogant, which may be fitting because he is a Chaebol child, but not so fitting as a romantic interest... The kiss in the elevator was just impulsively childish and demanding, not romantic or sensual. Though Hong Jong Hyun is cute, his acting is a little bit too pouting...

There is still too much of this little boy attitude that women should be listening to the guys not vice versa, that goes also for our publisher friend, his talking down to MH really gets on my nerves - how do we know WJ has the talent to really recognize good writing?

There is a tendency, also. in too many K dramas to make women look bad in leading businesses, such as IS’s emotional decisions because of MR... yes, I know they want to create conflict between mother and daughter, but still...

Even with all that, I look forward to the unfolding of everyone’s stories, even though there are some annoying characters, no one is so horrible - hopefully the writing will bring out many layers of each, that makes for the best dramas...

I just watched the drama LIVE. Again with some interuptions.

In Sook met Sun ja. I don`t know why Sun Ja rejected Mi ri. I know that she must be very hurt but Mi Ri`s situation is not that simple either. I wish to watch with translations but I cried when Mi Ri was begging to forgive her and she wanted to hug her but Sun ja rejected her. Thank God that the sisters gave was there for her and they gave her the hug in that moment.

I know that Sun ja suffers. Tough love Brrr But I know that they will be OK.

I like that In sook did not reject Mi ri when she found out that she is Seung Yeon. Instead she went to see her. I personally like that Mi ri copuld give her a hug. Yes, she abandoned her and I still think that not everything is resolved between them but I am glad that Mi ri did not have so much resentement in her heart. She wanted so much a reunion with her bio mom, who never stop thinking about. I cried when Mi ri hugged her because she let go a part of her sad feeling. It is like taking a burden out of somebody. I don`t think In sook deserves such a good girl.

Seing Mi ri so serene makes me happy but I know that things will never be so easy on her. I like that this show proved once again that it won`t go the route I was thinking. Mi Ri loves Sun Ja and she thinks of her as her mom but I am glad that she will have In sook on her side. Let see if this will be the case.

As I saw earlier, Tae Joo`s father is still an enigma. I come to see a scary face of him. I still wonder what he is planing.

What is that reporter who came to see In sook? It is suspisious and I suspect Chairman Han behind all. He wants to get In Sook out of the family? I am really curious about him.

Tae joo and Mi ri.... The moment when Mi ri touched his hand.... gently, hesitating...but it is a big step in the right direction. I think Tae Joo was very surprised. Later, after dinner, he took her hand and they walk hand in hand. :wub:

I like how all the team was concerned when they found out their boss has resigned and later, they were looking at her surprised byut happy when she came back to work.

Preview

Jae Bum does not give up. He is like  itching who doesn`t go away.

He's kicked out on the door and walks through the window. Woo Jin`s nightmare. 

Jae Bum drunk and Uncle is carrying him. :lol:

Woo Jin needs his friend and Jae Bum for his scenes. 

When he is not with the dog, he makes cofee or drinks cofee. I wish they will give him a little more to do.

3 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

There is a tendency, also. in too many K dramas to make women look bad in leading businesses, such as IS’s emotional decisions because of MR... yes, I know they want to create conflict between mother and daughter, but still...

Yes, sometime they make women too much emotional but they make men weak too. Especially heroes has to be dumb for a while to creat conflict and drama. We have long way to go and I wonder what kind of situations the writer prepared for the characters.

1 hour ago, ImAryaStark said:

Hi everyone. May I ask why this drama which is top rating in Korea has no wikipedia page?

I don`t know. From what I know some volunteers write for Wikipedia. Maybe no one was interested in this drama.

10 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

cant wait to watch with Eng Sub later.. :D

Sweet scene.:wub: It was lovely and we don`t need subtitles to enjoy it fully. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR63zevWM1w

Anotehr cute scene.

the next day when Tae Joo was practicing in the mirror how to adress Mi Ri. And she was not at home to meet him. :D

I noticed after Soyeon`s polish nail color that the above scene was filmed before the holding hands scene. :D

5 minutes ago, larus said:

Sweet scene.:wub: It was lovely and we don`t need subtitles to enjoy it fully. :D

omo thankkkk you!!! TJ was so happy when she touched his hand hehehe.. i was smiling like a fool watching these two...

sidenote; i want that bibimbap~~ 

Watching the preview, I got the impresion that Mi Ri will meet the Chairman and she is sorry for In Sook because she makes a deal with him. I hope I am wrong. I don`t want the Chairman to get Mi ri in his web.

TJ was so happy when she touched his hand hehehe.. i was smiling like a fool watching these two...

He was very surprised and then very happy. :D She was embarassed after that but I am glad she took initiative.

Lovely scene.

sidenote; i want that bibimbap~

I never tried it and I never imagined the taste.  But it looks delicious.

4 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

With all the more violent series, I always enjoy the weekly visits with a family drama. Kim Hae Sook & Kim So Yeon have been some of my favorite actresses, both can bring many layers to each character they play. 

I know many like the MR & TJ pairing, but I find TJ very immature and at times arrogant, which may be fitting because he is a Chaebol child, but not so fitting as a romantic interest... The kiss in the elevator was just impulsively childish and demanding, not romantic or sensual. Though Hong Jong Hyun is cute, his acting is a little bit too pouting...

There is still too much of this little boy attitude that women should be listening to the guys not vice versa, that goes also for our publisher friend, his talking down to MH really gets on my nerves - how do we know WJ has the talent to really recognize good writing?

Even with all that, I look forward to the unfolding of everyone’s stories, even though there are some annoying characters, no one is so horrible - hopefully the writing will bring out many layers of each, that makes for the best dramas...

She is much more arrogant then him thats for sure.I also dont get what immature about him? he really good at his job and takes criticism well.

They both are amateurs in love though thats for sure,he has alot to learn.

Just watched today’s episode at youtube! I was shocked to see how fast IS knew MR is her daughter. I really thought the writer would drag their plot for the next couple of episodes. But anyway i’m happy to see my puppy TJ held MR’s hand!! 

Cant wait for tomorrow when the subbed is up! 

And to all Muslims around the world, happy Ramadhan & happy fasting. 

32 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

They both are amateurs in love though thats for sure,he has alot to learn.

Let them learn together. :lol:

Maybe the writer will give us a surprise and won`t put them in difficult situation or opposite each other much. I won`t oppose with a sweet doze all the time. I will reduce the chocolates to not have health problems.

i watched some clips off instagram haha i wonder what did Chairman say to IS that left her with such a solemn expression.. is she sincere about acknowledging her daughter?

first time after so many episodes i actually liked MH being there together with MS for MR.. :tears: well, if IS is sincere to get back with MR, then it’ll be so blessed for MR to have both moms. MR will definitely not forsake SJ.. the pack of things SJ handed back to MR.. money that IS gave last time to send MR off to the States right?

and.. suddenly touching TJ hand while mixing bibimbap.. i almost choked on my tea hahaha :lol: need the eng subs!! argh.. this episode seems all too good!!

oh ya, the preview.. MS for chunli and her streetfighter combo flying kick!! woohoo!! hahaha WAY TO GO GIRL!!

Based on youtube clips, the progress of IS and MR to meet as mother and daughter is very fast. They even hugged each other dearly after they realize the truth. Sure it was a touching moment, but I don't really like they reconcile easily like that. MR should yell first at her why she abandoned her and work for HS group, IS begging for forgiveness and explain truthfully about the reason etc. After that, they can act as mother and daughter. That's what I feel is proper before they get together as mother and daughter.. But, that is just my opinion.

Some hard sub for ep 14, especially between IS and SJ, SJ and the Kang Sisters (it is quite long so I put it under spoiler tag)

IS who finally figured out who MR's real identity is, go to SJ's restaurant to confront her

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkQea6ssos

IS came unexpectedly and SJ was surprised to find her, because she thought the one who came is MS. 

SJ: Why did you come here again?

IS: Why didn't you send her to abroad as I have told you?

SJ: What are you talking about?
IS: How does it come to this situation? Why? Did you think I would never find out ? Do you think you will be safe after all the act you have done?!

SJ: How dare you came to this place and shout out? Where do you think you are now in?

IS: Why did you do that? I told you to send her to US and even gave you the money for it. Why? Why wouldn't you listen to me and make this happen? Why?!?! The GM of Marketing Dept at Hansung Apparel, Kang Miri is Seung Yoon, right?!

SJ: That, that... How in earth did you know about it? Did Mi Ri go looking for you? Or, did you go and find her yourself?

IS: That's why I never like to deal with people who are uneducated. If you have a good brain, you must be able to think, don't you? If you didn't want to send the child away, then you should have left Seoul. If you couldn't do it too, then you should have prevented us to meet each other under one company!

SJ: One company? (her legs give away because she is so shocked)

IS: When I gave you the money, you accepted it. Why? Did you think that you will be happy with that money so you didn't send her to US? 

SJ: Crazy woman. Just hear what you are talking about. Now that you found out about your daughter, so what? I knew that you are not even a human, but I never thought that you would have any thoughts like that. How dare you, evil woman? If you knew that she is your daughter, you should kneel down and ask for forgiveness instead of coming here and blaming me. Are you calling yourself a mother?!

IS: Now what are you going to do? What are you going to do?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7HR6l_RPk

MS: Who are you? Who... Aunt In Sook?
IS: Did you think the money that I gave you for sending Seung Yoon to MS was too precious? Why? Because you want to feed your 2 daughters more meat? Does that money make you go crazy? Do you?!

MS: Aunt, since you don't know anything, don't you think you are a little bit harsh? Did you know how my mom raise Mi Ri, no I mean Seung Yoon?

SJ: You (MS), just be quiet. Don't bring up Mi Ri in front of this woman. Our Mi Ri isn't her daughter so don't tell her anything. Alright. Alright. Because you really love money, that's why you leave your 6 years old daughter in the cold winter night in front of my house? Did'nt you?!!

IS: But still, you (sister in law) should have listened to my request. How dare you raise Seung Yoon as your own daughter? Do you think I will be grateful and say you did a good job?

MS: Aunt, just stop it. How can you say that to us? It is wrong! Do you know how my mom feels when she was raising Seung Yoon?

IS: Did you think I want to leave her? I did it for Seung Yoon's sake! At that time, I did it as a mother. All of the time!

MS: Mom, sit here. I just can't believe you. Leave. Please leave this place! And never come back again. During 28 years and even now, we didn't expect anything from you. We don't want anything in return for raising Mi Ri. Why do you think Seung Yoon's name changed to Mi Ri? Mi Sun, Mi Ri, Mi Hye. She raised your daughter as her own daughter. She did it because what if someone asking and suspecting something while raising SY. Or how if she realized? How dare you say that to my mom? Please leave. Leave. Just go! Get out! Get out! and never come back

After the confrontation between SJ and IS, SJ called all of her three daughters especially MR for a talk

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdrA2yxisQ4

MS: Mom, Mi Ri is here. Mom? Mi Ri is here. Mom...

MR: I'm sorry. Mom, I'm sorry.

SJ: Do I ever stop you for searching your bio - mom?

MR: Mom

SJ: Why did you do this to me? Why did you ?!

MR: Mom, it's not like that. To me my mom is no one other than you. Really, please believe me

SJ: If you really think me as your mother, you would tell me all of it

MS: Mom

SJ: For 28 years, you laugh and smile as if nothing wrong. But inside, you are suffering while waiting for your mother to come and see you, aren't you? 

MR: Mom, I really didn't feel like that. I swear

SJ: Stop lying!! Right. Of course a child would miss her mother. She would want to find her mother. I didn't say that because I'm upset

MH: Well mom, so because of what?
SJ: This girl is hiding it from us. For the long time she with us, she just keep quiet and pretend that she is okay and there is nothing wrong. She did that! If she really thinks me as her mother, how could she say nothing or show anything? How could she live like that? How could she hide it? I have shown everything to all of you, either I'm happy or tired while raising you. I showed all of it fairly to the three of you! So how could your sister hide it from me? Why did you do that to me?
MS: Mom, Mi Ri didn't intentionally hide it from you but...

SJ: You are just the same as her! When she is a newbie at her company, who was the one that accompanied her? It was you, right? Your mother might won't understand company's life, but how dare you plan and lie to me about it? Are you calling yourselves as my daughters?

MH: Mom! When Mi Ri entered that company, Aunt In Sook wasn't at that company, that's why it's no one fault

SJ: Be quiet! Don't talk anymore

MH: Am I not a part of this family? I'm your daughter too!

MS: Mom, Mi Ri is always at the top of her class. Every one in the top want to join that company.

SJ: You should have stopped her

MS: How could I do that? What reason should I tell her? She said it herself that she will be okay. Should I say that if she joined HS group she will meet her bio - mom? They just recently met. We would never thought that Aunt In Sook will appear because she is hiding ver well. We never talked about her since that day. Those times, even with the four of us, we were happy and living well

SJ: But she (MR) didn't! She didn't !

MR: No, it's not true. I am really happy. While living with MS, MH and you, I am the happiest person than anyone else. Mom, that's why..

SJ: Go away! Get lost!

SJ: Go, go away from me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcACoKSkKw

SJ: (gave MR a bank book and stamp) Take this. It's the money that your mom gave to me when leaving you here. She asked me to send you to US, but I didn't. Why? Because I couldn't believe her. If in this world, a mother could abandon her own child with money, I would have done it too for these girls

MH: What?! Are you serious?
MS: Quiet!

SJ: I'm keeping this in case you want to study again, or you might need this when you are ready for marriage. But I think, I don't need to keep this any longer

MR: Mom, please don't do this. It's all my fault. I'm really sorry

SJ: I did take some of it. When the restaurant wasn't doing well and I wanted to send Mi Sun to the college, I took a little

MS: Mom...

SJ: But I immediately returned it. And I also took a little for Mi Hye college tuition. Before Mi Sun got married, because her MIL asking for many things I also took it a little. But I have returned all of it. I never planned to use that money, but I did. I'm sorry

MR: Mom, I don't need this money. I don't need it. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Mom, please don't be like this

SJ: Take it. Take this and leave

SJ: I need to open the restaurant, so I will leave now

MR: Mom!

MH: Mom! Please stop it

MS: Just be quiet!

SJ left the room while wiping her tears. Inside the room, MR collapsed with grief

MH: Mi Ri unnie please stop crying. After all our mother are just cruel. She shouldn't have gone that far

MR keep crying louder and louder and the Kang Sisters hug together.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

well, if IS is sincere to get back with MR, then it’ll be so blessed for MR to have both moms. MR will definitely not forsake SJ.. the pack of things SJ handed back to MR.. money that IS gave last time to send MR off to the States right?

Yes, it will be so good when she will have both moms. Sun ja felt betrayed and she is angry with Mi ri but she really loves Mi ri as her daughter. I think it is difficult for an adopted mother to know that her child is keeping contact with the biological mother. It is the natural fear that the relationship between her and the child is changing but I believe that she will understand Mi ri and will accept that Mi Ri has two moms. The real mother here is Sun ja because she took care of Mi ri for such a long time, she cried and laugh with her, she witnesses her growing up. Mi Ri loves her deeply too so nobody will take that conection from both of them. Mi ri`s love for her adopted mother won`t become less if she will have her biological mother on her side.

About the money... How come In sook thought that with that money her daughter could have a good life in US? Unless she gave each month money to Sun ja but still, no money would make a healthy envoroment for a child without a family`s love.

The happy scenario of Mi Ri being happy with two moms in her life is far from happening. Not now, at least.

1 hour ago, alleram95 said:

Based on youtube clips, the progress of IS and MR to meet as mother and daughter is very fast. They even hugged each other dearly after they realize the truth. Sure it was a touching moment, but I don't really like they reconcile easily like that. MR should yell first at her why she abandoned her and work for HS group, IS begging for forgiveness and explain truthfully about the reason etc. After that, they can act as mother and daughter. That's what I feel is proper before they get together as mother and daughter.. But, that is just my opinion.

Thank you again for the translation. I was so curious to know about the scenes with In Sook and the Chairman Han but there are no videos for those scenes.

I agree that MI Ri should be angry with In sook. Again, she is not confronting the biological mom who gave her pain, it is like not confronting her fears. I think it is not healthy and she could have another heartboken soon without resolving the older trauma. We know very well that Mi ri had resentment in her heart about being abandoned. She has to realize that it was not her fault. I don`t know how to explain better. She knows that In Sook left her to marry a rich husband and knows it is not her fault but children with abandonement issues could internalize a certain guilt and think they did something wrong that caused the abandonment.

Mi Ri showed signs that she is not alright with what her mother, In Sook, did to her. She showed resistance towards others (she would not open up with other people except with her new family), was an workaholic who refused any social life, had nightmares. That could bring depression. Life is not a fairy tale. It is not everything alright just because her biological mother appeared and hugged her. People won`t change easily. I really don`t know why In Sook abandoned her. She said that she did not want to abandoned her but she did it for her sake. OMG... really?  What if she will abandon her daughter again? For her sake or not... it will have the same result.

I wanted to know what the Chairman and In sook talked about and what In Sook told Director Park (the right man of Chairman Han) to do. She told Mi Ri`s name. What if she feels the Chairman`s presure towards her and abandon Mi Ri again?

I really want Mi Ri to forgive In Sook for what she did. I want her to be at ease, and really heal and move on. Having two moms on her side will be wonderful. But for that, she has to resolve many things first.

Archived