[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

The preview for tomorrow

Mi Ri and Tae joo are smiling again. :wub: When I see another kiss?

Mi Ri is telling her mom about her situation.

In Sook goes to sun ja to confirmed her suspisious and the two of them  have a confrontation. She will know the truth about the daughter she abandoned.

Chairman Han is upset with In sook?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! i din expect IS to find out the truth of MR so soon!! :neutral: plot twist!! haha and whats with MR forgiving TJ so quick.. haha she needs to punish him like maybe, more arcade games golf lessons and dinner dates :kiss_wink:

1 hour ago, larus said:

work on the golf event. At the end of the episode, we saw In Sook trying to reconcile with Miri. She cooked and invited Mi ri to dinner. MiRi could not stop her feelings and start crying in front of her. I think In Sook realized that Mi ri is her daughter or she is suspecting th

Oh oh the noble idiot character is coming out? MR should make herself scarce instead of helping the detestable woman who had humiliated, back stabbed her and made her resign. Get her pound of flesh from IS before getting her off the hook. Better still get IS to resign.

Unfortunately that would mean no mother-daughter revelation.

Perhaps we should be ready for MR turning into a noble idiot for 10-15 episodes. But it seems too early for that.

@maribella

Spoiler

part 1

and

Spoiler

part 2

i still need to wait till tmr midday to get the eng subs.. but it seems like, a particular dish on the table reminds MR of the same thing her mom cooked for her when she was young? something like that, and then IS got caught offguard when MR started sobbing? and she linked it back to Seung Yeon? ahhhhh gimme my eng subsssssss

hahaha.. anyway MR seemed relieved in the next ep preview, probably cos she thought her mom finally recognised her??  :frown: i dunno.. i doubt IS will just acknowledge her like that.. more likely she will need a backup plan to secure her position in Hansung..

Lots of crying this next episode. I also didn't watch it with subs yet. But it's going to be an emotional one.... :(

The writer is making this drama quite fast paced. I think most of us thought they would drag on the identity revelation until much later into the drama. But I have a feeling IS would know by next episode. It would be interesting to know what other hidden plots they have with nearly 30 episodes left. But so far I like how the plot is developing. We don't have any excessively intolerable characters. I have a feeling IS wouldn't bee as harsh to MR once she knows she's her daughter. But we don't know. will just have to see... 

will have more comments once i watch the subs

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

a particular dish on the table reminds MR of the same thing her mom cooked for her when she was young?

With my limited understanding of Korean, MR mentioned ox-bone soup house (solongtang chib). When MR started to cry, IS asked “What’s wrong?” That’s all I got out of it. Subs should be out on Viki in a couple hours.

I never thought that IS will realize that MR is her long lost daughter this fast.. 

Quick summary for ep 13 about MR and IS

MR submitted her resignation and told IS the reason that she wants to study. IS feeling a little bit guilty (?) agreed because that what MR wants.

Later on she asked MR to take on the golf event that she has taken from marketing before. She said that she will let her and marketing team to do the events. While the event is progressing MR keep glancing and looking at IS. At first IS didn't feel it but because MR keep looking at her longing expression, she became curious.

After the event ended, the Chairman thanked MR for ger hardwork and mentioned about her resignation. He told her she couldn't resign whenever she wants and to have a meal with him one day. IS too asked MR for a dinner together. She cooked the meal by herself and called MR to her home.

She said that because they have met privately for several times, they are getting closer and wanted to know more about MR. She asked what MR parents do for life.

https://youtu.be/YtRlZ0PBvqw

MR: My mother runs a restaurant

IS: A restaurant? 

MR: She sells the ox bone soup

IS: An ox bone soup?

MR: Yes

IS: Really? Your parents must be proud of you

MR: Yes (and she finally let tears she has been holding on out)

IS: What's wrong? Is the food not for your liking? (MR started to sob while looking at IS) What's wrong? Why are you crying? (MR keep sobbing) What did I do? Did I say something wrong? I can't believe what you are doing now (she suddenly stop and thinking)

MR: Excuse me

IS: Wait! You! Who are you?

For the preview ep 14, here is the hard sub

TJ: Are going to be okay? 

MR: Thank you for worrying about me

TJ: There's nothing happened, right? 

TJ: When are you going down?

MR: What do you want? 

TJ: I want to see you before I go

SJ: That person must feel very tired

MIL: What are you doing? (I forgot her name so for now I'm calling her mother in law)

FIL/JS: Honey / Mom

MIL: After all I am the one who is looking for your child

MS: How much should I give you? 

MH: From now on, don't come here anymore

JB: Why? 

MH: Get lost from my life

WJ: Is everything resolved now? 

IS: I will ...

Chairman : What a great woman you are (not in praising tone) 

MS: Does saying sorry will make anything different?

MR: Mom, I'm sorry

SJ: How could you do this to me?

IS: Why didn't you listen what I have told you and made this happen? 

MS: Please don't come here anymore

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Oh oh the noble idiot character is coming out? MR should make herself scarce instead of helping the detestable woman who had humiliated, back stabbed her and made her resign. Get her pound of flesh from IS before getting her off the hook. Better still get IS to resign.

Unfortunately that would mean no mother-daughter revelation.

Mi Ri is the noble idiot type but I don`t think she is the type to get confrontantional either. I don`t need to see her getting revenge, I just want her to be at ease. If she will forgive In Sook, fine. Someone said that forgiving is hard but not to forgive hurts more. I agree. When you forgive you set yourself free, you can move on. Mi Ri will not forgive so quickly In Sook but she has to open up when she is hurting, to not keep all the pain inside.

Sun ja knows her very well that`s why she worried so much when In sook appeared. She said that mi Ri is a softie inside. She said that when she was abandoned she never mentioned her mother (and we know that she never stop hoping that she will met her again), she accepted whatever the new family gave her without complaning about anything, she was so determined ever since to succeed in life to make her mom proud someday.

I could care less if In Sook is forgiven or not. I care about Mi Ri. In Sook mentioned Miri`s weakess when was about to abandone her. She told her to call her out and not cry alone when things will get bad for her. Mi ri became "tough", she was a perfectionist, everything worked well for her, she had lots of thorns and nobody knew her real self. Now Tae Joo saw the real Mi ri as well, when she is not at work.

After thinking a little, I think it is better for Mi Ri to get out of her system this secret. I am sure she won`t confront In Sook by telling her in the face that she is her daughter who abandoned her when she was six but there is a little less tension for Mi ri.  In Sook will get a feeling that she might be Seung yeon that`s why she will go to Sun ja`s restaurant again. I am glad that Mi Sun will be there for Sun ja and that she will get In Sook out of the restaurant because her mother suffers. Sun Ja will scold Mi ri as well because she suffered alone, because she holded inside for so long without telling anything.  Now, Sun ja knows what`s happening with Mi Ri. Her daughter won`t leave to study aboard now. She will have her family emotional support. Mi Ri did not tell Sun Ja to not make her worry (again the noble idiot type).

I am curious what the writer prepared for Mi ri in the future. Things won`t be easy for her but I want her to show how stronger she is. I want her to open up, to overcome her weaknesses,  to fight for her future.

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

haha and whats with MR forgiving TJ so quick.. haha she needs to punish him like maybe, more arcade games golf lessons and dinner dates 

She has nothing to really forgive... yet. The kiss was meant to be. :PWe have to cheer for her to accept her feelings quickly. Maybe we`ll have cute dates, holding hands, duo bycicle riding, a picnic and lot of kisses. But arcade games, golf lessons and dinner dates are good as well. :D

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

hahaha.. anyway MR seemed relieved in the next ep preview, probably cos she thought her mom finally recognised her??  :frown: i dunno.. i doubt IS will just acknowledge her like that.. more likely she will need a backup plan to secure her position in Hansung..

I am glad she is feeling more relieved. I am curious what In Sook will do once she finds out that Mi ri is her daughter.

I also don`t think In Sook will be comfortable knowing this truth. What the Chairman Han will do next.

1 hour ago, bananacad said:

But I have a feeling IS would know by next episode. It would be interesting to know what other hidden plots they have with nearly 30 episodes left. But so far I like how the plot is developing. We don't have any excessively intolerable characters. I have a feeling IS wouldn't bee as harsh to MR once she knows she's her daughter. But we don't know. will just have to see.

Yes, she will know for sure in the next episode. If In Sook will be more warm towards Mi Ri or she will keep her distance, either way, it will be difficult for Mi ri. But at least, there isn`t this suffocating truth she deals with every day at work. 

29 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

S: I will ...

Thank You so much for the translations!

I am really curious what was in the newspaper that made Chairman Han so upset.

29 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

I can`t believe it that In Sook go to Sun ja to argue that her daughter came to her life.

What`s going on? Why she is so against this? I know that it is not comfortable for her when the truth about her daughter comes to light but still... There is a story about this? Or it is just her selfishness? We`ll see.

20 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, she will know for sure in the next episode.

already? really? wow so fast i thought maybe IS will find out after TJ-MR are officially dating..

anyhoww, my mom and i are betting whether TJ and MR will get married in the middle of the drama.. i think they will coz usually OTP in weekend dramas will get married first and have the main conflicts later but i dunno if this drama will follow the same route.. if IS already found out that MR is her daughter then i guess the conflict will start now.. 

i dont think IS is a good person.. she looks pretentious to me.. i dont think she will be nice to MR after finding out the truth.. maybe she will use MR to control TJ i dunno.. i think MR has a soft heart and she would not hate IS if IS accepted her.. after all, we can see that MR is still longing for her mom eventhough she left her years ago..  

7 hours ago, alleram95 said:

IS: I will ...

MS: Does saying sorry will make anything different?

MR: Mom, I'm sorry

SJ: How could you do this to me?

maybe article revealed that she had a daughter from her previous marriage and she abandoned her before getting into the Han family? :rolleyes:

and im back again feeling disgusted of IS.. :crazy: instead of embracing the daughter whom she abandoned 28yrs ago and feeling proud of MR accomplishments even though she wasnt there for her during the years..  IS seemed more horrified and confronted SJ?!?! she is really the ultimatum! :unamused:

On 5/3/2019 at 5:37 AM, rolisrntex said:

Actually, this one is scheduled for 100 episodes I think. So we sill have a long way to go. There will be a lot of back and forth until about episode 50.

When they say 100 episodes, is it not totally 50 - 1 hour episodes?  The duration per episode is 40 min (I would think time is inclusive of the advertisements).  

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

So, IS is finally going to realize that MR is her daughter???? The next episode is going to be very interesting.

Looks like it.  Was it the newspaper that Chairman gave to IS that made her realize that MR was her daughter.  Just not comfortable with IS character.  She is conniving and a back stabber.  If the chairman had not broached the topic of MR resignation and dinner/ lunch with him, IS would not have invited MR for a meal either.  She really butting heads with her daughter.  

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I think MR should leave the company. She's skilled enough that she should be able to find another job. She doesn't need to be at that company where her birth mother is the CEO, suffering being hurt by herself while watching her mother fawn over other men and women who get to call her "mother" while she herself was abandoned.

I want MR to leave the company and the country and get stronger when dealing with IS.  All the honey mooning about her mother is all gone now after seeing how she behaved with her.  She needs to go somewhere where she can regroup and feel confident when handling her.  She should go abroad and study and come back as a CEO to a competing company and make that successful.  Mother vs. Daughter 's companies.  I doubt chairman Han would let MR go.  But he might agree for her to leave and work abroad.  

I was surprised that IS told MR that for the first three years all she did was cook everyday for guests.  Would they not have cooks to do that in that household?  surprising what these kdramas depict.  Can't figure out if it is for real or not.  

highly doubt IS will acknowledge MR.. maybe IS will beg MR to continue keep it as a secret “until the right time” which she probably has no intention to make their mother daughter relationship known at all.

and when TJ and MR are finally together, IS will be the one to plead her to break up for her sake to continue have a place in the Han family.. who knows, IS might be the most unsupportive mother in the relationship to push TJ to that Jung Soo Yi instead of her own daughter’s happiness? she might claim its under the pressure of the Chairman and MR will be the noble idiot to do it all for her mom.. self sacrificed.. :sweat:

oh my, im really making IS look like a demoness here with my imagination :tounge_xd:

back to actual drama.. i was delighted to see MS shove IS outta the restaurant! haha a very rude thing to do to an elder but, i’d love to add some kicks with my heels and end it beautifully with a spit if i were MS.. oh well, cant be too overboard anyway since that witch is still her sis birth mom..

My Pretty Daughter in the World ost part 4

20190505_1557016712_17033700_1.jpg

The fourth OST 'I'm in love' of KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My Prettiest Daughter in the World' is released.

I'm in love', a light and bright rhythm, a pop-style medium tempo song with a string music and a piano on top of it. Before the start of love, I filled up my senses full of emotion with the main vocals of GWSN girls and Lena 's sensibility.

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1124411

Mother of Mine OST part 3

Huh Min Young-

The third OST is a trot disco rhythm and a dynamic arrangement with a strong EDM beat added to the song ...

http://www.mnet.com/album/3264085

5 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

has it already been mentioned somewhere in the drama why IS left MR to SJ? maybe i missed that part? how is SJ related to IS? i skipped some parts as i was trying to catch up on the latest eps.. 

In Sook knows Sun Ja but we don`t know for sure what`s the family conection. I hope we`ll know more after today`s episode.

I really, really like Tae-Joo but I really hate how the writer is having him behave towards MiRi right now.

I know that most people will disagree with me, but the way he is behaving is not romantic but something that is uncomfortable to watch. 

-Telepathy is not the language of love;  speech is.  

-He has stated his interest in MiRi several times and NOT. ONCE. has she verbally accepted his feeling or said she feels the same way.

-He hardly know her.  Even if  Tae-Joo thinks MiRi is interested in him, he has no right to act on what HE THINK without confirmation from her. 

-Tae-Joo is making Miri responsible for his feeling when she never did anything to bring them about.  He need to take responsibility for his feeling and act from what she says, not what he assumes. There a dozen of men who KNOW that Taylor Swift is hopelessly in love with them and the only thing standing between Tay and them being a couple forever is her pesky staff and law enforcement. 

-Even if Tae-Joo has proof that MiRi is interested in him, unless she SAYS she wants to act on it, he can't demand that she she takes his feeling into account as she goes about arranging her life. Nor should be be grabbing her and kissing her against her will.  He has no idea if she has suffered trauma from sexual assault or generalize violence.  He has no idea how his behavior might be triggering.  I think it is important to separate what the audience knows from what the character knows when judging the character behavior.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, vaiduakhu said:

It's a grey line between a forced kiss and an active advance from the man in a relationship ^_^. I think in this case, they both have feelings for each other and MR's first impression is mostly surprise not disgust. It will be a forced kiss if MR hates TJ, he knows it but still tries to kiss her.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying here.

-As stated above, unexpressed feelings are not feeling someone other than the owner of those feeling have the right to act on. I may think a random guy on the subway is sexy and worthy of building a few fantasies around.  That doesn't give random guy the right to grope me or breath on me if I have not said doing so is okay. 
-An acceptable active advance in a relationship is done in increments--preferably with spoken word-- when one party begins to initiate a move and before completing it, they check in with the person to see if it is okay. 

-Your post seems to be by saying a forced kiss only happens when someone kisses someone they know hates them.  If so, it suggests that men [or perhaps human being in general] have the right to go around kissing whoever they feel like kissing because unless they think the person hates them, that form of random kissing is acceptable.  That sounds like a very scary world.  A world that would require people who don't want random strangers sucking their faces to stay at home alone.

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

maybe article revealed that she had a daughter from her previous marriage and she abandoned her before getting into the Han family? :rolleyes:

I don`t know what Chairman Han read but I don`t think there was a newspaper with information about In sook`s daughter. If there was, the article must have been leaked by Chairman himself. But I am curious why Charman han is again upset with In Sook. There is a stange "love-hate" relationship between them. Tae Joo`s father still don`t like her as family after so many years? Is he such a difficult man?

I think In sook will read the report about Mi Ri, the one she did not read because the Chairman stopped her.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Even if Tae-Joo has proof that MiRi is interested in him, unless she SAYS she wants to act on it, he can't demand that she she takes his feeling into account as she goes about arranging her life. Nor should be be grabbing her and kissing her against her will.  He has no idea if she has suffered trauma from sexual assault or generalize violence.  He has no idea how his behavior might be triggering.  I think it is important to separate what the audience knows from what the character knows when judging the character behavior.

You are right. We witnessed the life of both of them on screen and we trust them both.

What Tae Joo`s did in the elavator was not romantic and he received the well deserved hit. The audience understood his desperation and knew that he won`t cross the line further (that`s why he was forgiven quickly) but from now on he should wait patiently for Mi ri to respond. If she will need more time he should allow her all the time she needs.

I would have prefered for the first kiss to be reciprocated. The writer should have created more situations to allow both of them to be on the same path. It is a 50 episode drama. I don`t know why she has rushed to bring them closer. I hope she won`t hurry to separate them as well, when they are not even a solid couple yet.

I need more cute scenes with both of them. :) Let see how things will go from here.

4 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I was surprised that IS told MR that for the first three years all she did was cook everyday for guests.  Would they not have cooks to do that in that household?  surprising what these kdramas depict.  Can't figure out if it is for real or not. 

I guess her husband was rich and he had a cook but his wife maybe wanted to help somehow. She was involved personally with the household. Doing that or spending the money on shopping or on spa it was a personal choice. Later, they did her jobs at the company.

New stills

679324_407828_2820.jpg

Han Tae-ju (Hong Jong-hyun) is also looking at Kang Mi-ri, who appeared in his office, anxiously looking at him. Kang Mi-ri, who looks at Han Tae-ju, with a slight smile, gives off a subtle atmosphere and is interested in what kind of conversation the two people have had.

http://www.newsinside.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=679324

Spoiler

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I think MR should leave the company. She's skilled enough that she should be able to find another job. She doesn't need to be at that company where her birth mother is the CEO, suffering being hurt by herself while watching her mother fawn over other men and women who get to call her "mother" while she herself was abandoned.

Yes, she should leave the company but not leave the country , just like Tae Joo sugested as an option. But we won`t have a drama going on. :lol:

If Mi Ri will not resolve somehow her feelings for the CEO of Hansung Apparel, I really want the writer to considering the healthy decision for Mi ri to quit and find a new job. I will miss the Marketing Team. They grew on me. I love when they go out for drinks or a meal.

I laughed at Jae Bum`s intrusion on new Mi hye`s office.:lol: I understand why she wants him out of her live after that but I feel sorry for cute Winnie. He looks OK, he is smiling but I worry that he might not be so right. Just like how sun ja was laughing and getting a fun time on her trip but inside she was not right. Poor Winnie. :tears:

i just finished last evening’s epi with eng subs.. just wondering, is it a korean culture to return with a Y or N answer after receiving a confession? if not, why is TJ demanding MR to consider his feelings when she decided to leave the country? wow.. seems like, he is still behaving like a little boy despite living alone and working for so long :huh:

and the preview for this evening.. is MR going to tell SJ her plans to leave the country to study or why MS said its no use to apologize? or maybe SJ has found out IS is the CEO of her company? why is SJ so angry and sad? argh.. i still have to wait one whole day for the subs for tonite’s epi  :crazy: so many questions.. 

and please get JB out of the publishers already, he is starting to irritate me!

and that Mi Ok’s master.. is he dumb or what.. another useless pest feeding off old women.. grr..! DB needs a good thrashing.. for a 6yo, she is really being a spoilt brat.

21 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

and the preview for this evening.. is MR going to tell SJ her plans to leave the country to study or why MS said its no use to apologize? or maybe SJ has found out IS is the CEO of her company? why is SJ so angry and sad? argh..

I am sure Sun Ja found out about In Sook. I don`t know if the scene was before or after In sook came to see Sun ja at the restaurant again. I believe it is the later. Sun Ja is dressed the same and it makes sense to be so upset when she will know that Mi Ri kept the secret of meeting her biological mother for so long. Mi Sun knew that as well and she lied to her. 

The scenes in the preview are always out of order.

and please get JB out of the publishers already, he is starting to irritate me!

I am having fun watching how he annoys everyone there but in the same time I know that he is hurting himself more than anyone. Is things really going well at work for him? I felt so sorry for him when he was waiting for Mi Hye and her uncle asked why he kept coming to their house so much and he said that he wants to see Sun ja, him and Mi Hye.  He looked alone and sad. He needs a family?

and that Mi Ok’s master.. is he dumb or what.. another useless pest feeding off old women.. grr..!

He is so creepy. What does he want? Is he fooling Mi Ok? Is he a swindler?

Archived