[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

This is about Spring Again, HJH's new movie. It is in cinemas right now.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:21 PM, sadthe1st said:

although i dun uds what the whole thing is about.. here’s something which TJ has on his instagram :huh: i watched thru 4mins and thought its kinda.. boring lololol maybe cos its not about TJ and MR, all else are boring at the moment..

btw, some thoughts.. i remembered reading one chingu who said about the close sisters bond with MR despite MS (she should have been 8yo and sensible enough to know) and MH (3yo? still a kiddo knows nothing?) when she was brought in to the family.. i bet MR plays the older sister taking care of little MH while MS gets to go all the ballet and stuff.. else, as the eldest she should be sensible enough at a young age and not still such a brat even at 36 :skull:

one old clip to share (might have already been shared in earlier pages) while we wait patiently for weekend

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my general thoughts on the latest episode are:

So far we've seen TJ in a very boyish manner. He pouts and and behaves innocently. I wonder if the writers will progress his character into someone that can protect his love. If he doesn't step up to the plate, he can't protect MR or save her from IS. I do like how he's very straightforward with IS and told her that she's sort of changed from the person her knew her as. Good to see that he's slowly beginning to see how messed up she is. I would have liked more of a build up of his character and more scenes where he grows to love MR strongly. A few more of their dinner and cute interactions would have been nice- considering that not long ago they had a fight and had to make up.

I do think that the dinner scene before the kiss was poignant. It appeared as though MR was forcing herself to be happy and chirpy around TJ. The laugh and the little finger pointing- it seemed forced but with good reason too. It gave the viewers an impression that she was trying to hide how sad she was inside- a move that TJ can see through. I suppose that's the reason why TJ kept probing her and asking why she told him first that she was going to study abroad. I think he kept asking her trying to get out of her if she cares about him in the same way that he does. The kiss scene was great in showing TJ taking the initiative. We've always seen him make the first move when it comes to MR in an innocent and shy way but there was nothing innocent and shy about the elevator kiss he sprung on MR. Now we just need to wait for MR to reciprocate. The thing is MR is probably trying to hold back her feelings-what with her being his boss and all....I just need TJ to start fighting for her. I'm curious to see how he's going to go about and do things after the preview "i can't let you go like this"...wonder what he's going to do. They really do have wonderful chemistry...

22 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

So far we've seen TJ in a very boyish manner .... I wonder if the writers will progress his character into someone that can protect his love .... I would have liked more of a build up of his character and more scenes where he grows to love MR strongly ....

Now we just need to wait for MR to reciprocate .... I just need TJ to start fighting for her .... They really do have wonderful chemistry ....

If TJ continually approaches her & fights for her, MR would eventually accept his feelings. TJ might even be ready to stay away from his parents to pursue his love for MR.

However, when MR accepts him and viewers start to enjoy their blossoming romance, TJ's identity as the chairman's son & MR's foster son may get revealed. Then, MR may break-up her relationship with him.

TJ may keep on approaching her and demand a reason. However, MR may lie to him and say, with harsh language, that her feelings has changed, hiding the fact that she is MR's bio daughter. Of course, in the evenings, she would weep bitterly in her room, lying to herself that the break up is 'best for everybody'.

Then, viewers may watch a lot of heart-breaking scenes, in many episodes, that involve both young leads. They may be reunited at the last episode, like DR & DR  in "My Only One". They may even get nothing in the end, romance-wise, like SJ & NJ in "Move Over Fate".

K-drama viewers would be familiar with the above scenario. Thus, while I also wish for their blossoming romance, I do not have high hope at present.

last episode scene would be:-

(2yrs later..)

you see SJ taking care of a toddler while an older DB sits at the side doing her homework.. and then a pregnant MH walked out of her room asking for food.. which irritates the hell outta SJ and she goes screaming like MS MIL that she wants her freedom and demands MS and MR to bring their kids home to look after themselves! :joy: or maybe the uncle has TJ/MR junior strapped to his back while working in the oxtail soup restaurant.. :joy::joy:

4 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

They may be reunited at the last episode, like DR & DR  in "My Only One". They may even get nothing in the end, romance-wise, like SJ & NJ in "Move Over Fate".

@jasmine19 you elaborated my thoughts and feelings exactly.  Both were a dud in my opinion.  If all we see is pain and suffering , I don't have to watch dramas at all.  It would be better to have some substance vs. just going through hell with self flagellation.  Both of them left a bad taste with kdramas.  So, for this drama and the love line for TJ - I am not so sure it would be a path with roses and thorns or just thorns and MR mom will get wind of this crap and slap IS silly and tell her to cut it out and let her daughter be.  Since IS does not know MR is her daughter.  (or does she?).

What is the relationship between SJ and IS ?  IS MR the child born due to SJ husband's infidelity?  Just trying to figure it out.  

We are half way through and only TJ has confessed his love. Until MR returns his love openly, they will have many misunderstandings which so far have not come up. So I think this OTP matching may need another 4 or 5 episodes. At 30 episodes, they fall into each others arms. But beware, they would not have broken up at least once by then. Maybe by 40 episodes they would figure out the IS-MR relationship and then break up. We will by then be a nail biting cliff hanging mass - only 8 more or so episodes.  Everybody seems so healthy, so no chance for IS to redeem herself by donating a kidney or liver or ... The chairman chases her out of the company and MR the noble idiot will defend her. We have not got a noble idiot yet. Ok I am still guessing.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:58 AM, maribella said:

We are half way through and only TJ has confessed his love. Until MR returns his love openly, they will have many misunderstandings which so far have not come up.

Actually, this one is scheduled for 100 episodes I think. So we sill have a long way to go. There will be a lot of back and forth until about episode 50.

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Actually, this one is scheduled for 100 episodes I think. So we sill have a long way to go. There will be a lot of back and forth until about episode 50.

:crazy: not 50? Oh my , then there will be at least 3 breakups - my prediction.

OMO.... I miss one week and there is already a kiss? And almost 4 pages to read. 

I have not watched the last two long episodes yet but I saw the kiss. It was not a kiss from floor 8 to 18. For those who count... it was much longer than that. :lol:

I will come back after I will watch them.

Hong Jong Hyun Thanks Song Ji Hyo For Sending Support To Set Of “Mother Of Mine”

by M. Dang
1952b89ac1bd42d3864c9d243939ddbc.jpeg?s=

Hong Jong Hyun showed off his friendship with Song Ji Hyo via Instagram!

On May 3, the actor posted a photo posing next to the coffee truck she sent with the caption, “It’s so great, I’m smiling widely. Thank you so much Ji Hyo noona, I’ll work hard!” The title “noona” is used by men towards older sisters or female friends.

The truck features a banner that reads, “Please give lots of love to the most precious dongsaeng in the world Hong Jong Hyun.” The word “dongsaeng” means a younger sibling or friend.

The pair previously worked together on several projects, including costarring in the 2008 movie “A Frozen Flower” and walking as the main models for the “Very Korean” fashion show in 2016. Hong Jong Hyun also guested on Song Ji Hyo’s variety shows “Running Man” and “Pajama Friends.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321975wpp/hong-jong-hyun-thanks-song-ji-hyo-for-sending-support-to-set-of-mother-of-mine

4 hours ago, larus said:

OMO.... I miss one week and there is already a kiss? And almost 4 pages to read. 

I have not watched the last two long episodes yet but I saw the kiss. It was not a kiss from floor 8 to 18. For those who count... it was much longer than that. :lol:

I will come back after I will watch them.

It's the kiss! Sealed with the kiss. Thank you elevator for being useful  :lol:

@larus watch and stare at the kiss :P By the way, how many episodes this drama has. 100 seems..long.....

5 hours ago, maribella said:

:crazy: not 50? Oh my , then there will be at least 3 breakups - my prediction.

misunderstanding then make-up then break up then together again.. then married?  Hello writer.. you checking soompi thread? Ha.

I`ve watched the last two long episodes.

I am not a fan of Tae Joo`s father but I like how he trated Mi Ri at the golf club. He did not humiliate her at all, he even told her that she has to buy him a meal because he will play in her place. Chairman Han realised what In Sook was trying to do. I will keep my eyes on him. I know that he will be an obstacle on his son`s relationship with Mi ri but I want to know more about him. What he knows and what he want to do next.

About the golf meeting. In Sook, knowing very well that Mi Ri doesn`t know playing golf, told her to come for the executive meeting. It is obvious that she wants to put Mi Ri in a bad light every way she could.

Just like someone from MiRi`s team mentioned, the new CEO gets to a power struggle with a manager. Tae Joo tried to tell In Sook that Mi Ri is an asset to the company but she stubbornly wants to get her fired. 

So far, her attempts to make her look bad are ridiculous. Mi Ri doesn`t play golf and she doesn`t have an eye for fashion. :lol: Big deal. Mi Ri proved all those years that she is competent on her job, everybody in the company knows that.

Mi Ri has a weakness in front of In Sook. No, I don`t want her to leave to US to study. She proved that she is very well prepared for the job. It is not like she wants to go aboard to study because it is her big dream. People wants new challenges all their life and some want a new expecience, a personal and career developement. It is not the case here.  She is running away. Tae Joo said it very well that she is the woman who can take the bull by the horns and that`s she has to do it. I hope the moment from the gala was enough for Mi Ri to make her react. I am glad that she burnt all the articles and pictures which he has preserved over the years . The pain and abandonement issues will don`t go away but she can raise her head in front of her biological mother. Mi Ri did not do anything wrong.

In Sook was so false and hypocritical at the gala. OMG. The moment she took her shoes and talk about everyone being like a family at the company almost make me puke. 

The first big reason Mi Ri wants to quit is In sook and I don`t want Mi Ri to lose in this.  I want to see  a new Mi ri in the relationship with this woman. I don`t want to tell her who she is but I want to look her look straight in her eyes and to defy her. In Sook has the nerve to talk about noble classes and the others, about wanted to climb the social leader? She thinks that the struggles of the weak can`t chance the world.  Enough. Mi Ri, wake up! 

Now...about a much pleasant talk. Tae Joo kissed Mi Ri. And that was a long first kiss. :wub: I know that he stole a kiss and he received the "punisment" for that but it was necesarry for Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s relationship.  I loved that he was upfront on his feelings. He has told her  in other ocassion that she likes her. I watched how happy he came to the meeting and how sad he was when they went home, knowing that she wants to runaway, to go aboard. And Tae Joo told her that she in in love with her, not only that he likes her. Now the ball is in Mi Ri`s court. It is her turn to realise her feelings and to recognize them. I am sure she won`t go to US, and that she will decide to "fight" In Sook/ the unresolved problems with her biological mother and she will accept her feelings for Tae Joo. She will sort all those feelings and I think we`ll see a scene where she will go to Tae Joo and confess that she likes him too. I hope it will be in the next episodes, this weekend. 

Mi ri and Tae Joo`s relationship has evolved beautifully. I love their moments. When they were with their colleagues, when she gave Tae Joo the cupon, when they exchange glances at each other, the moment where she showed her vulnerability and he took her in his arms and let her cry, the moment when Mi Ri took Tae Joo to eat at Su ja`s restaurant, when he waited to take her at work with the car. 

The funny moments...

Jae Bum was hilarious when he told Woo Jin what he wants to do for Mi Hye being just a friend. :lol: Jae Bum is such a good friend and I want him o be happy, just like everyone else in this drama.

It was funny when Park Tae Ri came up with the new employees` names named Han to find the heir. And they did not think Han Tae Joo is the one they were looking for. :D

I loved that Mi Ok saw Sun ja going to a trip while she was taking care of her grandchild.

How Mi Ri`s mother and uncle questioned Tae Joo ...:lol:

I watched Live and there were so many interuptions but I think I understood what was important.

I knew that Mi ri won`t say anything after Tae Joo`s confession. She run away. The next day she presented her intention of resignation to In Sook despite Tae Joo`s objection. He tried to stop her. I think she told him later when they had dinner to forget about her and she thanked him for their time together. (it was my impression :phew:). Maybe she just said that she really needs to leve Korea but she did not give an explanation.

I think Director Park told In Sook that Kang Mi ri is needed so In Sook came to Mi ri`s office and convinced her to work on the golf event. At the end of the episode, we saw In Sook trying to reconcile with Miri. She cooked and invited Mi ri to dinner. MiRi could not stop her feelings and start crying in front of her. I think In Sook realized that Mi ri is her daughter or she is suspecting that. I think it will be the later because she won`t have the confirmation from Mi Ri.

I had another scenario in my mind about this moment but if Mi Ri will be at ease from now on, it will be alright for me.

It was a nice funny moment with Mi Hye and Woo Jin when her family keep calling her on the phone, disrupting her work. Jae Bum annoyed Woo Jin to the maximum.

Uncle Young-Dal and his rock band of ajusshis playing Hotel California. :D It was nice to see the uncle in a different scene.

Sun ja came back. She met Da Bin and she reconciled with Mi sun.

Mi Ok with her ridiculous crush on that creepy man. :crazy:

I want the cute scene of Mi Ri and Tae Joo back! :mellow:

Archived