[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

28 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

I hate IS to the max, she's manipulative, heartless social climber that have a nerve to call MR a social climber, I want to slap her in the face. :rage::rage:

That kiss tho, MR hit TJ after they out of the lift, after she let him kiss her from 8th to 18th floors, don't u think that's kinda late girl?? :joy::joy:

and now we have to wait a long week for next episode :bawling::bawling:

Chingus I still haven't watch the episode with the 'kiss' I will have my thoughts on that and their relationshio once I'n done.

@Juni Asat Same here! I'm boling mad at her! Can I teleport to the screen curl that short hair! The nerve. I'm just  glad TJ is with MR but omg.. once the revelation  begins.. and knowing who he is what his relationship with IS. of course she will be hurt. TJ  gotta fight for her abdn be with her be protective!

Edit to add:

@my0therside Yup they match evenly.. they're both adults  and it's not like puppy love. He's straightforward and says what's on his mind. I said at the start of this thread I'm no fan of noon romance  but this one I like.. you don't actually feel the age gap but yeah in real like HJH is 10 years younger than KSY.. in this drama he's 32 she's 34/35. Credit to writer and their good acting

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the latest episode. 

My blood boils at IS speech at Foundation Dinner. She took off her shoes n said she will take off her CEO title n position when talking to staff n be their friend and family. :wacko: What a hypocrite!  MR was thoroughly disappointed in IS. It was that speech that sealed IS fate forever.  Her wish is granted. MR will have no dealings with her nor will she ever acknowledge IS as her mom. 

TJ is so so cute. I love how the actor is able to act so innocent as TJ and how TJ kept denying that he knows So Hee (the granddaughter of some big mogul) with that innocent look on his face. Too cute.

How he skipped n run to have dinner with MR.He sure pout so prettily. 

That kiss is oh so sweet ... MR didn't really push him away. It was a very weak attempt. If she really wants, she will definitely kicked him or gut him in the lift and not let him kissed her for 10 floors. Either the the kiss is really long or the lift is super fast ...:lol:

I hope there's a time jump and MR went abroad for study n later came back n meet TJ again. But this time, TJ already Director or President and MR is a big shot in the competitor company.  That would make the story more interesting. 

2 hours ago, Juni Asat said:

I hate IS to the max, she's manipulative, heartless social climber that have a nerve to call MR a social climber, I want to slap her in the face. :rage::rage:

That kiss tho, MR hit TJ after they out of the lift, after she let him kiss her from 8th to 18th floors, don't u think that's kinda late girl?? :joy::joy:

and now we have to wait a long week for next episode :bawling::bawling:

haha she din even attempt to hit TJ until he called out to her, probably embarrassed but happy inside.. :grimace: and @Matilda_Anne too bad they cant be in Lets Get Married show hahaha the capture of the lift at 8-9th floor for the kiss, its an obvious sign how long MR allow the kiss to continue until DING! the door opens.. she should have stayed much higher like 27th floor.. one of the buttons i saw, not sure how many levels more lololol

9 hours ago, mentarisenja said:

I am curios as how IS will be redeem towards the end of drama. As of now, IS is nowhere to be redeem. I know she will be sorry and whatever she will do at the end of drama, but what she do right now is wrong. And what is that being noble, she is not. I guess she will push Jung So hee to be couple with TJ.

Oh yes this is Kdrama and they will all be singing Kumbaya at the end. I'm just hoping IS gets knocked down a few notches before it is all over with. 

I also think the chairman will pipe in before MR makes her exit from the company. It is obvious he thinks highly of her and the value she brings to his company. IS is just a place holder in the company now. She will be out before it is all said and done.

actually i hope MR gets to resign, at least for the time being.. go help out at SJ’s restaurant and get a grip of herself.. or study (short separation makes the heart grows fonder.. for TJ and MR lololol) right now, she is losing the battles cos of she cant let go of IS, she lets her emotions flow too easily, and is not ready to face IS in top form competition. IS on the other hand, is not aware that MR is her daughter so she can be ruthless.

as for TJ’s dad, he probably is spending more effort to matchmake TJ with that granddaughter.. Soo Yi? or whatever.. that yellow dress lady :rolleyes:

MH.. skipped.. WJ.. skipped.. JB.. he is a faithful friend, i like him and prefer that he gets to be with MH in the end. JS.. can someone please leash him up and whip some sense into his coconut head and teach him to be a better husband and father?!?! the only thing he is good for, is still saying the ILY to MS and not stray..

7 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Oh yes this is Kdrama and they will all be singing Kumbaya at the end

yesss all will be forgotten in the end.. i think all weekend dramas must follow the same mantra “everything will be okay in the end. if it’s not okay, it’s not the end“. :lol:

eg in previous weekend drama ‘My Only One’, suddenly all parties make peace with each other in the last episode despite all the rage, hate and anger.. 

i think this drama will follow the same theme too. fight all you want, but you must make peace in the last episode :lol:

40 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

yesss all will be forgotten in the end.. i think all weekend dramas must follow the same mantra “everything will okay in the end. if it’s not okay, it’s not the end“. :lol:

eg in previous weekend drama ‘My Only One’, suddenly all parties make peace with each other in the last episode despite all the rage, hate and anger.. 

i think this drama will follow the same theme too. fight all you want, but you must make peace in the last episode :lol:

Yup. Was kind of disappointed with the end of that one but the drama itself was really good.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

actually i hope MR gets to resign, at least for the time being.. go help out at SJ’s restaurant and get a grip of herself.. or study (short separation makes the heart grows fonder.. for TJ and MR lololol) right now, she is losing the battles cos of she cant let go of IS, she lets her emotions flow too easily, and is not ready to face IS in top form competition. IS on the other hand, is not aware that MR is her daughter so she can be ruthless.

as for TJ’s dad, he probably is spending more effort to matchmake TJ with that granddaughter.. Soo Yi? or whatever.. that yellow dress lady :rolleyes:

MH.. skipped.. WJ.. skipped.. JB.. he is a faithful friend, i like him and prefer that he gets to be with MH in the end. JS.. can someone please leash him up and whip some sense into his coconut head and teach him to be a better husband and father?!?! the only thing he is good for, is still saying the ILY to MS and not stray..

I agree. How could you fight a CEO going halfcock? MR did not just disagree with IS at the first meeting, she was rubbing it in that she had been there longer, knrw more.

I prefer straight talking employees but MR to me seemed goading IS for her personal reasons. 

I thought she had the chairman backing her up, but it did not seem so. She is alone. I would just quit immediately and see how the foundation day event goes. :lol:

I was FF scenes with MH, I am now doing it to MS with her in laws as well.

Really, ungrateful twit, after all her mother has done for her and what she had said to her earlier, she is giving her mum the cold shoulder.  I find her MIL amusing in a ridiculous way. She is so oblivious of other people.

So many thoughts pretty chingus, so little time...

First, let's just get MH out of the way. Her character has gotten a little tolerable these last few episodes. She has finally, thanks to WJ decided to pull herself out of this funk and depression and get back to writing. I know JB gave her that speech, but all he did was annoy her a little. The only significance of JB the last few episodes was his conversation with WJ. So now we have more information on MH. She was even published while she was in college. To have a collection published like that proves that she was truly a star on the rise. So, what happened 9 years ago? I was glad to finally see her thank JB for his friendship and encouragement, which was quite frankly long overdue, but I cringed when he was not so subtly telling WJ that someday MH would be his wife carrying his child. It's like sir, you got friend zoned by this woman so long ago, and not even an airlift could pull you out of it. Although, it was amusing to see a peak of jealousy from WJ.

Next, MS. Where do we begin with this mess of a woman? When SJ called her over to the restaurant after she got that disrespectful phone call from MO and MS sat there whining and complaining like a six year-old, it really hit me. She is a child herself. That is why she can't handle taking care of DB. That is also why she is stuck with a useless husband, and furthermore why she is being bullied by her MIL. I watched my mother and grandmother (father's mother) battle it out at a few family functions, but because my mother was so efficient and great at what she does, she won every time. MS's problem is she is a step away from being useless herself. You add in her completely useless husband, her in-laws who are generally no help and a daughter who isn't being "raised" and that whole thing is a HOT MESS! SJ was the enabler because she would swoop in on her scooter and clean and organize and cook and take care of DB and everybody was happy. Until MS's loser husband got caught with his pants down and then could no longer stomach being around his MIL because of his own embarrassment and uselessness. There are too many adults in this situation for it to be the mess that it is. When you are working parent, it does take both parents to make things go smoothly. So, her husband trying to act like the man of the house even though he won't allow his wife to quit her job is moot. If I have to work, then we both have to have responsibilities in this house. But, I am also a believer in, "if I have to do it by myself, then I am going to do it by myself". MS is so dumb, she doesn't realize, she doesn't have a husband, she has a roommate, who requires picking up after. She needs to either leave him and go back home until she can find a new place (which we know she is incapable of) or she is going to have to lay down some rules that everybody must abide by, otherwise that ship will sink with everybody on it.

FInally, MR. Just when I thought I couldn't stand IS more after last week, she surprises me. Her whole, "I know you and the Marketing Team worked hard, but I am going to give that project to the Planning Team on a silver platter" speech she gave was cruel. Even the other executives were looking aghast. This situation is busting at the seams. MR is having to not only see the woman that abandoned her as a child, but this woman is doing everything in her power to belittle her every chance she gets. She is making it known that they are in two different classes, and that MR should "know her place". And for MR to know the truth about her and still have to smile and bow and be professional is just too much. She is on the verge of a nervous breakdown, if not a stroke. I was actually relieved when she visited the study abroad center. MR needs a change of scenery for a little while. She has been working fervently for years and in just a few short months, her hard work has been downgraded. There really is nothing that she can do at this point. The chairman isn't on her side. TJ, while he is the successor, he has no power right now. This is a losing battle. She should resign, leave, go to the States (The irony in SJ telling IS that is where she was) and she should study and make a name for herself. Then, come back and BEAT the competition. I believe in MR, and I believe she can do it. As much as I love her and TJ, the timing is bad. Their romance needs to wait until he is in position to really help her. Currently, he is too naive. He believes they can work it out, when sadly they are so beyond that. For sure, if IS finds out that MR is her abandoned child, she is going to fire her quick, fast and in a hurry. She has already revealed to TJ that the end game is to let her go, and he naively believes that he can reason with her. How much abuse does he have to witness before he realizes that his aunt/mother is not budging on this one? IS showed her hand though. She is not used to sharing the spotlight with another woman. She thought she would be the lone lioness in the pack and MR presents a challenge she wasn't bargaining for.

This is what I would like to see:

MR finish up the month with a bang. Her team already did a great job with the foundation event. Add another event to that and she will be talked about long after she is gone. I would love to see her get into a great school and environment where she can establish connections that will help her upon her return.

While she is gone, I would like to see TJ finish his training, then step into his role, all the while plotting to get his aunt and his father out of the way. 

I hope SJ continues to stay away from MS and her family drama. I hope she continues to put herself first for a change. I would really love it if she met someone wealthy who treated her well and brought some happiness into her life. [What if it was the art teacher??]

I hope MH gets back on her writing grind, where she successfully churns out books that will bring notoriety to Dol Dam Publishing again.

Then, I hope when MR returns, we get a juicy reunion with her and TJ and lots of romantic moments.

I don't have time to comment these days. Even when I like a show a lot.

Just wanted to say or ask about the point in MS story. Sure her MIL is self-centred but can't work out why the heck the mothers need to help. She is so disorganised. Her husband is whiney and a richard simmons with not helping. But who the heck goes home from work, have no food or dinner planned and then decides to fold the laundry?

What is the writer trying to prove? Are we supposed to feel sympathetic? I sometimes indulge in self pity when I am exhausted from work and have to cook. But even I know you need to feed a child after school or prepare dinner. I hardly see anyone silly enough to fold clothes when dinner needs to be done.

Although I must admit that the husband made me hungry. If the MIL is so lazy how come he has such clear food cravings. Although I personally won't cook monkfish as it has too many bones for young children. We hardly eat out when we are in Seoul but buy banchan and main dish back to the apt to cook. So his cravings made me hungry especially since we are going back in a few months. I miss the marinated crab in soy sauce. Yummy yummy lol

And TJ. I can't imagine him as a priviliged son yet. But surely MR would have seen his CV and seen the overseas degrees. He is 32 years old after all. I don't know if it is because he is written with a youthful personality but I can't imagine him as a mature 32yr old.

I am just trying to picture him as a 32 year old mature man. I can't. 

And IS? She makes me feel disgusted. She did prioritize her rich husband over her daughter. Plus is being written vindictive birch. The writer is not going to make her out to be fabulous is she? She is so selfish that when she says she feels love towards MR I won't believe her. Her actions are not love.

2 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

This is what I would like to see:

MR finish up the month with a bang. Her team already did a great job with the foundation event. Add another event to that and she will be talked about long after she is gone. I would love to see her get into a great school and

Not me, I want to see MR leave and IS messing it up. 

Not only the Foundation day but also the golf tournament.

She is not a hands on leader and depends on the employees. 

The Chairman is just waiting for the opportunity .... he will have great fun to compensate for losing face.

i found similarity in the 2 guys for the romance plot in this drama.. it all started with being intrigue with the girl. for TJ its probably a shock that came thru on the first day at work where he spilled coffee on MR and then the blouse/shirt swapping incident. for WJ, its through his dad when he gave him MH’s Twenty is Winter and thats when she became his favorite author.. :huh:

lets say MR heads off to the States to study and false-fulfilling IS fake story of her daughter being there successful and happy, maybe we will get Lee Sang Woo in as cameo again (like in first episode) hahahahaha that’ll be a bonus :D

MS.. i dunno whats so difficult about managing the household. i must admit SJ spoilt DB rotten and the parents are not educating her enough. she could have been taught to put away her toys after playing.. and JS, the socks! whats with discarding your socks all over the house?? i mean, dun you go straight to the bathroom to take them off and wash your feet the moment you get home?!?! :crazy: i moved out a few years ago and i know the pain of having to juggle work and keeping the house speck and clean.. (fortunately no kids to mess it up again)

IS.. i know she is the ultimate witch right now.. a good ending for this ... (i shall keep my cool and not spell out the B word) she will get some cancer, MR will reconcile with her but she will still die in the end.. im evil but i dun really want to see a super happy ending for her.. i dun want to see MR leave SJ hahaha oh, and SJ will get her wish come true that both MR and MH will get married off that same year and she will get her FREEDOM!! :lol:

5 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

but I cringed when he was not so subtly telling WJ that someday MH would be his wife carrying his child. It's like sir, you got friend zoned by this woman so long ago, and not even an airlift could pull you out of it. Although, it was amusing to see a peak of jealousy from WJ.

I don't know why when so many (including my wife) hated her, but I took a liking to MH almost immediately. :unsure:

Geez I spit and snorted my coffee when I read the JB friend zone comment. Poor sap doesn't even realize it either. 

I have watched too many Kdramas involving chaebols.. this is the first time that an heir of a conglomerate or a big business is written as somebody who is not arrogant and full of himself..TJ character is well somewhat naive.. he does not even drive his own car.. he is obedient to his dad and IS..

I also feel that IS treated TJ as his own son with interior motives.. so that when the heir will be of- age and will be appointed as the CEO-- she thinks TJ will be on her side.. this is evident in her phone conversations with TJ when she always reminds him that TJ is the only one she's got.

I am amazed how the MS and MH treat MR as their real sister despite the fact that she was abondoned by the real mom IS. In the interactions of the sisters MR and MS when they drank togethe rand MR and MH in the karaoke bar.. there was no hint that they did not treat her as a real sister..

In terms of SJ with her love for her daughters despite her nagging. may I say that it is so relatable with Moms and Daughters. We fight, we even say hurtful words, but we know that when the going gets tough- we still have our mothers to run to..

I really love this drama!

18 hours ago, maribella said:

I was FF scenes with MH, I am now doing it to MS with her in laws as well.

Hahahaaa like I said whenever I watch this it's like thw two daughters doesn't exist. :lol:

8 hours ago, rose.sam said:

i keep fast forward all the scene especially sunja daughters except MR-TJ..i love their scene so much..and TJ character is so melting :heart::heart::heart:

Yeah.... yeah they can do away with the other two daughters story... we soo bad... We can't get enough of TJ and MR, currently we're all in love with both them!

9 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

IS.. i know she is the ultimate witch right now.. a good ending for this ... (i shall keep my cool and not spell out the B word) she will get some cancer, MR will reconcile with her but she will still die in the end.. im evil but i dun really want to see a super happy ending for her.. i dun want to see MR leave SJ hahaha oh, and SJ will get her wish come true that both MR and MH will get married off that same year and she will get her FREEDOM!! :lol:

Aahahahahaaa bless ya chingus! IS is queen B  with an itch!. Same here I want SJ to have time for herself.. she's just too good to her daughters.. like the martyr mom.. but that's what mothers are.. and not like IS. Her selfish reasons abandoning. Karma will get to her.  IS wanted career and fortune and using  rich man to climb to social ladders of success and fame.. and  because she wanted to that she left her child. How can amother abandon a child?! She is not reedemable.

although i dun uds what the whole thing is about.. here’s something which TJ has on his instagram :huh: i watched thru 4mins and thought its kinda.. boring lololol maybe cos its not about TJ and MR, all else are boring at the moment..

btw, some thoughts.. i remembered reading one chingu who said about the close sisters bond with MR despite MS (she should have been 8yo and sensible enough to know) and MH (3yo? still a kiddo knows nothing?) when she was brought in to the family.. i bet MR plays the older sister taking care of little MH while MS gets to go all the ballet and stuff.. else, as the eldest she should be sensible enough at a young age and not still such a brat even at 36 :skull:

one old clip to share (might have already been shared in earlier pages) while we wait patiently for weekend

Archived