[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, Juni Asat said:

I can't wait till weekend, want to see the next episode, TJ's face when MR take him to meet her mom is priceless :joy::joy:

She sure is doing the right thing. :lol:

She scolded him because he has called her Mi Poong but in the end told him to not call her "Manager" outside work, but "Sunbae".

She ask for 5 minutes of his time to make clear their situation but she stayed for dinner. And for a Cherry blossom walk. :P

I am sure she is presenting him to be just a co-worker but everybody will know that he is THAT man. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, larus said:

She sure is doing the right thing. :lol:

She scolded him because he has called her Mi Poong but in the end told him to not call her "Manager" outside work, but "Sunbae".

She ask for 5 minutes of his time to make clear their situation but she stayed for dinner. And for a Cherry blossom walk. :P

I am sure she is presenting him to be just a co-worker but everybody will know that he is THAT man. :D

I watched the episode again for the 3rd time and when she looked at her watch and said "spare me 5 minutes of your time" it then occurred to me that it was a PPL for the watch. Seeing that they showed the wireless charging of the watch earlier and then once more focused on it during that scene when she approached TJ. LOL what a good PPL....Also did anyone notice her cute small smile when he first called her "sunbae" and when how he kept calling her that and enunciating the word...LOL "Sunbae it stopped raining"...LOL  That cherry blossom walk made my heart flutter especially when he gripped her tighter...

i just googled about actress that plays MR and found out that she actually was the villain from my 'All About Eve'!! that's y she seemed familiar.. omg that drama was from a long time ago.. how come her face is still the same? like she doesnt age or something.. and i jst googled the publisher's son and bam, he was one of dads from TROS!! this drama is star studded lol..

3 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

That cherry blossom walk made my heart flutter especially when he gripped her tighter...

Omg I know right. I place my hand over my mouth and to keep from squeal too much. I loooooove it! I love them TJ and MR! ❤️❤️

Best couple in kdramaland  after Yeon Tae and Sang Min from  Five Children drama. ❤️

@larus we're drying here for TJ and MR scenes! we so giddy! We need more of their moments before conflict and revelation and angst and drama. To think these characters not even teenagerS but they're mature and adults. Again as mentioned several times  it's a good  well written charactesr for both stars and well acted by  leads Hong Jong Hyun and Kim So Yeon.

4 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

Seeing that they showed the wireless charging of the watch earlier and then once more focused on it during that scene when she approached TJ. LOL what a good PPL.

Lots of PPL in this drama but they incorporated it well in the story. :)

4 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i just googled about actress that plays MR and found out that she actually was the villain from my 'All About Eve'!! that's y she seemed familiar.. omg that drama was from a long time ago..

Yeah...She was so young there. She was 20. Young-Mi is still today a very good villainess. Made an impact on people.  I read a few years ago when some people confessed that they could not watch her in another role because they still hated her for that role. :D But she gained fans too. 

I am familiar with all the actors except for a few (the uncle, Mi Hye, Jin Soo). I did not watched Ki Tae Young in a drama but I knew who he is from the variety show.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

we're drying here for TJ and MR scenes! we so giddy! We need more of their moments before conflict and revelation and angst and drama.

Speaking of the angst. It will be so hard for our hearts. There was a scene in the last episode who made me think about the future angst scenes. My heart hurt a little.

Mi Ri was coming from the meeting with Mi sun when she had that emotional outburst. Tae Joo has just spoke on the phone with In sook. They met at the entrance to the building. They looked at each other without saying anything, when Tae Joo was about to make a move towards her, Mi Ri left quickly, avoiding the moment. :(

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I like the scenes in the bookstore, I guess because I like WJ and

the other guy working there. :)

I like their scenes too. Woo Jin`s dad seamed to be a good man. I am sorry that he died.

Through Mi Hye`s book, he told his son to listen to his heart more.

So a few thoughts pretty chingus...

I finally watched the last two episodes and one thing that immediately came to mind was this BBC documentary I saw about the rise in mail order brides in South Korea. A lot of young  and working women there have chosen not to get married. This is a global trend where women all over the world are either choosing not to get married or choosing to marry later in life. Due to this in SK, a lot of men (most of them in that (32-42 age range) are seeking mail order brides from the Philippines. The reason I thought of this was due to the conversation MS had with her MIL. The MIL felt like because she suffered and had to deal with giving up whatever hopes and dreams she had to be a stay-at-home wife and mother, so should MS. However, MS has been working just as long as her son and seems to be a trusted senior level bank employee. Why should she nix the chance at being an executive when she is just as capable as anyone else? I got the distinct feeling her MIL had a terrible MIL and now she wants her DIL to go through the same thing. So, to help make ends meet, she is a working mom who unfortunately has to rely HEAVILY on her mother to help out. 

I personally did not expect MS to take her husband's side in this whole fiasco. I get that he is who she goes home to at night, but she knows how ridiculous her husband is, and should have come up with a different solution before she had this big fight with her mother, who yes, is a nag, but is sorely under appreciated. The fact is, he wouldn't have felt the way that he did had he not got caught with his pants down in front of her. That is really what all of this was about. But I am so glad he is such a mama's boy and went whining to his mother, because now she gets to see what a slob and how useless her son is. Now, MS's mom gets a break and can focus on herself and her restaurant and everybody's happy.I still don't think they are going to make it. MS's husband is not cut out for marriage, he is just too selfish. And MS really got on my nerves these episodes as well. She ONLY has a backbone when dealing with her mother. I know her mom has to be hurt at what her husband did after everything she has done for them. MS is spoiled herself, which is why she isn't willing to make any sacrifices or step up to the plate so that her mother didn't have to carry such a heavy burden in the first place. This is a blessing in disguise that all of the parties will learn from.

MH needs some development. We are already a quarter of the way into the show and she is still whining and feeling sorry for herself. Part of being a writer is willing to go back to the drawing board and make a story better. This means sometimes, you have to look at what you wrote and say it isn't good and then come up with something better. Things came to her easily when she was in college and now they aren't so she is ready to give up and be a career part-timer. I'm over it. Either write something better for her or give her less screen time.

MR is going to have to start playing chess or leave the company. She acted out at the executive meeting after just one meeting with the Chairman, and should have known there would be retaliation. Instead, she showed up to the golf social only to deliver the excuse that she couldn't participate because she can't play. I believe if the CEO wasn't her abandoning mother, she would've learned how to at least drive and put. She is allowing this to put her in a weak position, and I don't think the Chairman is going to save her. He is probably going to make fun of her too. Her only saving grace in this situation is that the CEO is in her feelings too. She is making a lot of rash decisions that is making people question what she has against MR and the Marketing Department. I think this was her strategy all alone before she got into that position, once she found out that MR was the only woman at the management level. Meanwhile, TJ is getting a taste of his aunt's nastiness and how shady his father behaves. Hopefully, he can quietly come up with a plan to bring all of this together without showing his hand. 

I really enjoyed their scenes together. They are definitely feeling each other and I like how he confessed to her despite the fact that they had been feuding with one another. In contrast to her sister and her husband, MR and TJ communicate to one another very well. When they are wrong, they apologize and take responsibility for their actions. They move on and forgive one another, and then learn new things about each other. This is a couple that will be admired and for good reason. As far as MR's stake in the company, she holds more cards than she realizes. I believe the CEO will use her and then find some ridiculous reason (probably a mistake of a co-worker) to fire her. That is when MR should drop the bomb. When the truth gets out, and we all know it will, it will rock the company. CEO who has secret child that she abandoned to join company family, fires said child without realizing it was her long abandoned daughter. Can you imagine that headline? It would be a HOT mess!

6 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

MS is spoiled herself, which is why she isn't willing to make any sacrifices or step up to the plate so that her mother didn't have to carry such a heavy burden in the first place.

100% agreed with u on this.. i really dont like it when she talked back to her mom.. so ungrateful ~ 

On 4/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, larus said:

From someone who doesn`t like noona romance much, It is a big compliment. I didn`t worry much because Soyeon made a succesful couple with Sung Joon, who was ten years younger as well. For the bigger part, the writer can make a couple to work on screen. I love more how this writer constructed the characters in this drama. Hope she will continue to give them a proper story till the end.  

She is 10 years older?  In the show she is just a few years older. They look good. 

So far, I see KDs mostly choosing the appearances of a couple to be of similar type. MR looks good but not the glamorous type. TJ too has a nice boy next door look.

I don't like noona romance either but this couple has a believable relationship for now. He treats her with respect because of her position and age but still with a certain amount of sassiness to be showing his feelings for her. She too shows that she expects respect from him but at the same time worries when he gives her the cold shoulder.

I have never liked it when a woman or man plays a role years younger. The drama may be enjoyable but is spoilt by that character.

In one show, prison flower (?) Ko Soo was with actors/actresses who in real life were 10-15 years younger and in the show, he was older by a few years only. It was difficult for me to overlook it, especially when they were standing close together. The other one was a show about plastic surgery. The main actress was 30 something playing a freshman. Posts were saying how young she looked, but I noticed her old knee caps.You cannot hide that except by wearing jeans. Her face was thin, not the rounded soft 19 year old look. I could not watch it partly because of her.

WJ in this show is older than MH, not sure how much. Why does his hair have to be like a girl's? To make him look younger or intellectual?  He should be clean cut. I have seen how nice he looked with wife Eugene.

April 24, 2019

Interview

Hong Jong-hyun's Popularity Goes up With "Mother of Mine"

Source: HeraldPop via HanCinema.net

photo1056162.jpg

Hong Jong-hyun talked about the drama he is in.

He is starring in a KBS 2TV drama called "Mother of Mine" as Han Tae-joo, and has become quite popular with the middle aged group. In a recent interview with Herald POP, he said it's interesting to see the attention he has been getting since the drama's premiere.

He said, "Only young people used to recognize me, but now that I'm in a weekend drama, more men and women my parents' age do".

"It's quite interesting. They say hi to me at restaurants and even elevators. I guess many people watch weekend dramas".

"I do feel the pressure, just like with any other drama. Still, there are many characters, and they seem comprehensive, so I feel support there. It's been a while since I played a role where I can just be ordinary, so it's fun".

"There are so many experienced actors and actresses here, so just being with them is a learning experience. Working with them is very comforting, and I am the youngest, so they adore me".

Hong Jong-hyun is bringing up the romance gauge with Kim So-yeon in "Mother of Mine". He said, "Kim So-yeon is very kind, and she's like an angel. She scolds me and pressures me in some scenes of the drama but knowing her real personality, I can't be scared of her".

Meanwhile, Hong Jong-hyun is coming out with a movie called "Spring Again", which is a time rewind movie about a woman who loses her daughter, but gets a second chance in life.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

She is 10 years older?  In the show she is just a few years older. They look good. 

Yes, they are ten years apart in real life. In the drama she is 34 and he is 32.

I think it is alright for actors/actresses to play a character a little younger or older then their real age. I am alright with the casting for those particular characters. 

I do find it problematic in other cases because there is a tendency in the industry to continue to give lead/important roles to actors after 40 but for the women not so much. In Jumong, the actor who played the hero (Song Il Kook) had the same age as the actress playing his mother. Yeah... women has to look forever young and beautiful. 

Even when the script requires a woman of a certain age (because of the profession, experience etc) they cast someone younger. In recent My Secret Terius for exemple, the protagonist woman has to be an ajumma but they cast an actress being 27. She did alright but why not cast an actress being late 30s or 40s? Soyeon played an obstetrician at 18. :lol: She looked mature for her age but, as she confessed in an interview, it was hard sometimes for her to portray mature women when she did not have the experience of life to identify with the character.

There are so many situations like this....

Fortunetly I don`t concentrate on people`s apperence when I am watching a drama. If the characters are credible on screen is good for me.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

WJ in this show is older than MH, not sure how much.

We don`t know the real age of Woo Jin but we can assume that he is in his 30s. Mi Hye is 31.

15 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

finally watched the last two episodes and one thing that immediately came to mind was this BBC documentary I saw about the rise in mail order brides in South Korea. A lot of young  and working women there have chosen not to get married. This is a global trend where women all over the world are either choosing not to get married or choosing to marry later in life.

It is a serious problem who will have repercussions later. Women these days are highly educated. There is an increasing number of women entering professional jobs but the mentalities remain the same. 

This article point one of the problems of the Korean society.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-12-mother-korea-birth.html

It is true....first it should be addressed the "relentless sexual discrimination at work and the double burden of work and housechores" for women.

It was sad to hear Mi Ok telling her daughter in law that she should continue to sacrifice herself like she did and not see that her son has to be a responsable man. She and her husband raised a totally useless man.

Mi Sun will leave Jin Soo eventually.

19 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i just googled about actress that plays MR and found out that she actually was the villain from my 'All About Eve'!! that's y she seemed familiar.. omg that drama was from a long time ago.. how come her face is still the same? like she doesnt age or something.. and i jst googled the publisher's son and bam, he was one of dads from TROS!! this drama is star studded lol..

and the actor that play TJ is the evil Prince / King Wang Yo in Scarlet Heart, and the most charming, loyal, heart flutteringly handsome prince Wang Rin in The King in Love

10 hours ago, larus said:

Even when the script requires a woman of a certain age (because of the profession, experience etc) they cast someone younger. In recent My Secret Terius for exemple, the protagonist woman has to be an ajumma but they cast an actress being 27. 

I agreed with you.. the irony part is So ji sub is already 40 something so they could hve cast an older actress to be matched with him.. and the drama didnt even hv romance or anything so i was surprised they cast someone younger to play ahjumma..

10 hours ago, Juni Asat said:

and the actor that play TJ is the evil Prince / King Wang Yo in Scarlet Heart, and the most charming, loyal, heart flutteringly handsome prince Wang Rin in The King in Love

i havent watched Scarlet Heart bcoz my sister went berserk during the last ep lol.. it had something to do with how the drama ended.. but now i think im gonna watch it bcoz of HJH.. 

Yey, gals! Do you think Tae Joo bought flowers for Mi Ri? Or In Sook, Sun Ja?

I hope those beautiful flowers will be in Mi Ri`s hands.

Mi Poong will be happy ....and surprised by his gesture. :D

5 hours ago, larus said:

Yey, gals! Do you think Tae Joo bought flowers for Mi Ri? Or In Sook, Sun Ja?

I think it's for SJ but I want him to give it MR. :wub:

From the  Herald pop article above...

" Hong Jong-hyun is bringing up the romance gauge with Kim So-yeon in "Mother of Mine". He said, "Kim So-yeon is very kind, and she's like an angel. She scolds me and pressures me in some scenes of the drama but knowing her real personality, I can't be scared of her". 

Cute.  Kim So Yeon is good actress and it's good  so you good deliver good doing scenes which he does.  And what makes them look good and their chemistry is that he's got that look and well built physically of man. Very manly so he matches evenly with Kim So Yeon.

Seems me and most everyone  that watches, was also surprised he's 10 years younger than her in real life.

@maribella its only after u mentioned eugene then i managed to relate that face of WJ to Ki Tae Young :sweat_smile: i watched The Return of Superman the last time and saw him and Ro Hee many times hahaha but din manage to link them together in this kdrama :joy:

i dun think MS will divorce JS.. its not one of those rich families conspiracies plot where we see them changing partners often.. JS is likely to repent some day and improve for the better. actually i think it might be a good lesson for him if he got sacked (or something) and has to become a full time “Stay Home Dad” aka househusband :naughty:

15 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i havent watched Scarlet Heart bcoz my sister went berserk during the last ep lol.. it had something to do with how the drama ended.. but now i think im gonna watch it bcoz of HJH..  

Scarlet Heart is good, sad but the ending is not bad actually, I can tell you the ending but then it'll be a spoiler :D:D

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@maribella its only after u mentioned eugene then i managed to relate that face of WJ to Ki Tae Young :sweat_smile: i watched The Return of Superman the last time and saw him and Ro Hee many times hahaha but din manage to link them together in this kdrama :joy:

i dun think MS will divorce JS.. its not one of those rich families conspiracies plot where we see them changing partners often.. JS is likely to repent some day and improve for the better. actually i think it might be a good lesson for him if he got sacked (or something) and has to become a full time “Stay Home Dad” aka househusband :naughty:

No divorce?? :dissapointed_relieved::astonished: I want to kick his butt every time he opens his mouth.

Were there flashbacks of their dating days?

Maybe they got married because she got pregnant?

MS and her mother should not be hitting him but this show is full of belligerent scenes that he seems to deserve it. His mother :unamused:.

i cant wait for this weekend!! i wanna see MR and TJ lol..

58 minutes ago, maribella said:

No divorce?? 

i dont know if MS will eventually divorce her husband but from my long history of watching weekend dramas, she will unlikely divorce him if he’s willing to change.. like ‘Wang’s Family’, the character named Hobak accepted back his cheating husband bcoz she felt sorry for him.. after he repented, he changed into a better husband and father.. 

Archived