[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

14 hours ago, larus said:

Sukonek in Hongdae.

Was that an advertisement? If it was, I like that it was incorporated in the story.

I am sure it is an ad - also a sponsorship. Sometime ago in another show, someone pointed out all ads in a show. For example when they drink beer or they gifted herbal drinks, clothes, shoes etc. Not forgetting cars. 

I was wondering why everyone drove a VW in Goong.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Are you sure she is meant to be nice? She was really, really mean and petty towards Dabin. I don't even find Dabin cute. What a crybaby. But MH does say  some inappropriate mean, catty remark to a preschooler for crying out loud. I am frankly appalled an adult is that mean towards her own niece.

No, she doesn`t mean to be nice. Even her uncle compared her with a villian in the story. Jae Bum was the Prince charming.:) I do agree with the majority that Mi Hye could be annoying sometimes and the actress is unexperienced and exagerate her reactions but, I don`t know why, I don`t bother her as much as others.

Mi Hye is a brat and she needs to mature because she is a childish. She treats Jae Bum horible. She is celf centered as well and her directness comes as rude and mean. She is lacking subtlety, says what is in her mind but in a verbal violent way.

I found the scene you mentioned a little funny, because it shows her characteristics very well. The fact that she made her niece crying is not that bad. IMO. Some people are like that, undiplomatic/ tackless. What she said was right but the way she said it was catty and she should refrain but didn`t. But she was lectured for it. 

Just like Mi Hye was uncensored, her niece in her innocence, she can`t keep a secret. I find it even funnier when she said to her mother on the phone that her dad got naked in front of grandma. :D

Sometimes, I have a good dose of tolerance, I guess, for annoying characters. I think Mi hye will tone down in the future. Woo Jin is strict, more mature, and he will give her a much needed discipline. Her sister, Mi Ri told her to do some introspection, she will talk to her heart to heart (we saw it in the preview). If Mi Hye wrote a good book,    analyzed in depth the problems of society, of her generation and she has a sensible nature (some reader said that her writing was too sentimental), she has potential to grow as a character. Maybe all her rudeness is a symptom and not her nature.  I have hope that she will change for the better. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

No, she doesn`t mean to be nice. Even her uncle compared her with a villian in the story. Jae Bum was the Prince charming.:) I do agree with the majority that Mi Hye could be annoying sometimes and the actress is unexperienced and exagerate her reactions but, I don`t know why, I don`t bother her as much as others.

Mi Hye is a brat and she needs to mature because she is a childish. She treats Jae Bum horible. She is celf centered as well and her directness comes as rude and mean. She is lacking subtlety, says what is in her mind but in a verbal violent way.

I found the scene you mentioned a little funny, because it shows her characteristics very well. The fact that she made her niece crying is not that bad. IMO. Some people are like that, undiplomatic/ tackless. What she said was right but the way she said it was catty and she should refrain but didn`t. But she was lectured for it. 

Just like Mi Hye was uncensored, her niece in her innocence, she can`t keep a secret. I find it even funnier when she said to her mother on the phone that her dad got naked in front of grandma. :D

Sometimes, I have a good dose of tolerance, I guess, for annoying characters. I think Mi hye will tone down in the future. Woo Jin is strict, more mature, and he will give her a much needed discipline. Her sister, Mi Ri told her to do some introspection, she will talk to her heart to heart (we saw it in the preview). If Mi Hye wrote a good book,    analyzed in depth the problems of society, of her generation and she has a sensible nature (some reader said that her writing was too sentimental), she has potential to grow as a character. Maybe all her rudeness is a symptom and not her nature.  I have hope that she will change for the better. 

If your analysis of MH is what the writer had in mind, then it is too challenging for this actress. Maybe the director is to be blamed. I have seen actors who made me cry, laugh and a range of emotions but they turned out to be wooden and stiff in some other shows. But this is my first time seeing this actress, so it's hard to tell if it is her or the director or the script. The others have the same director and script. Even MS's  MIL who plays the typical KD MIL, while an annoying character manages to portray the character well. I'll do what some others are doing. FF her scenes.

this is my first KBS family drama where i hate the supporting couples. i used to love supporting couples more than the main lead. for example in Wolgyesu tailor, i love Cha In Pyo x Ra Mi Ran, in Five others, Sung hoon x Hye Sun, in my father is strange, lee yoo ri x ryu soo young, in what happens to my family, Kim Sang Kyung x Kim Hyun Joo. 

However in this drama, i love the main lead. I love MR x TJ. TJ is so cute and clueless. in this drama, i skipped mostly MH parts. I hate her whining and her childish attitude. i cant stand her. For his elder sister MS,  i dont know but i feel bad to see how she used her mother.  I know the mother is willing to do anything, but still you cannot rely on your mother taking care of your child. she is old enough and she has shop to take care of. 

I couldnt wait to see next episodes. i know its gonna be a roller coaster of emotions but i will stay for our main couple- MR x TJ. 

On 4/16/2019 at 7:13 AM, maribella said:

I am ready for fireworks between IS and MR.

I am ready before the airing date. :lol:

Now that the war began, I am curious what is the next move. In sook said that she has a plan to fire Mi ri. I hope she doesn`t count on Tae Joo because her plan is ruined before it starts.

I want Mi Ri to thwart her plans.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

@ojojojlove welcome to soompi and this thread. 

I second that. Welcome to this thread.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

IMHO best couple at the moment ( with apologies to characters of  Min Young and Jae Wook in HPL. hahaha)

You made me laugh. Yeah, it is our favorite so for us is the best but it is room for everybody. ;)

I am hoping the writer will give us what we want until the end of the show.

My next resolution is to see them dating, walking together hand in hand. It is not much. Or it is? For that they have to start officially dating. For next stage of their relationship I would want more but let us get there first. :D

Drama fashion

Blouse Collabotory

this is a vid i chanced upon while youtubing.. and wow! our moms in law here in the drama aged with a lot of charisma!! :kiss_wink: even Jin Soo’s dad.. he was really charming when he was young haha (wow, 79 years old and still acting!)

I am going back to my theory about the oldest sister. I just don't see any redemption for her husband, he is the absolute worst. I would love to see the writer split them up and give her a new love line. She would do well with someone who is good with her daughter and who would support her and her mother. I literally cannot stand her husband or his mama. 

I am trying not to, but I am almost on the can't stand the sight of MH pedastal. She has no redeeming characteristics at this point. You would think after 9 years of her wasting away in her mother's house and then watching the guy she doesn't like surpass her, that humility would settle in and she would have a fire in her belly to make something of herself. But, she is just so determined to whine and have a pity party, like every episode. I feel it, Jae Bum is going to end up hurting her feelings, and her boss is going to agree with him.

IS is upset at the chairman STILL spying on her not because it has been 28 years, but because of EVERYTHING SHE GAVE UP to get into that family and into the position that she is in now. She basically threw her child away so that she could become rich and famous and become the matriarch in a wealthy family, but as long as that old fart is breathing, it is never going to happen. He is waiting on his son to be groomed [by MR of course] so that he can take over. IS is basically a stand-in. She would do well to work out some plan with TJ than waste her energy on sabotaging MR.

Sorry still on holidays  so quick reply.  I have  2 young kids.  She did  call her 5 year old  niece  a pig and crybaby if I recall. Don't  ask me what subs said. What I mean is if my kids  aunt call my kid a pig for eating twice I would be cross.  To put it mildly.  Plus its not as if the girl is overweight.

MH the character and the newbie actress  is a Kdrama  character  I understand it. However  people's  reactions to animals and children  show their basic character. Without the veneer of manners/ social skills they have to show adults or superiors.  So an adult who shows basic characteristics  of bullying,  demoralizing,  mean, thoughtless  comments to a young child is someone I dislike.

Yes I work with adults  and children. I found adults who are mean to children are usually  or can't  be excused  with  " oh she didn't  mean it, she is not used to being  with children etc," There is almost always a big part of their personality with  self centred characteristics. People who are inherently nasty to kids are people I find hard to like. That is even before I had children. And I was never someone  who goes nuts or love playing  with children.  But I am never  mean. And I have  seen many, many  self centred  and selfish adults  who are  mean to children. 

Oh MH will be redeemed by ep 50. But then I will be a Kdrama viewer who knows that one day she will be like those Kdrama mothers  who are only  focused  on their child.  And make mean, catty remarks to other mothers and of their children.  In another  drama. 

So yeah, lol. She's out.

MR and HTJ are pretty addictive  as a couple,. I finished ep 8 yesterday.  The build up is good. Exactly  what makes me addicted to weekend dramas. Time to build  a slow  fire till they do the first holding hands scene,

@maribella I agree. The  actress playing the self centred  MIL carries her role  with aplomb. Her sheer arrogance  and selfishness are said with  such confidence.  Her explanations to excuse her behaviour  has such gall and bold delusions are unreal. And she believes in it.

Because  she believes  she is so right  I believe  in her character.  I see the character. Not the actress. I swear she was the chaebol Chairwoman in another  drama fairly recently.

New stills

Mi Sun will have a fight with her mother in law. Jin Soo is worried about his toys? :lol:

2019041810424090932-540x1080.jpg

Mi Sun (Yoo Seon begins) a one-on-one war with her mother-in-law, Ha Mi Ok (Park Jung-soo), on KBS2 weekend drama 'My Prettiest  Daughter in the World'.

Kang Mi-sun, who is shooting Jeong Jin-soo's stuff, and Jeong Jin-soo, who is worried about it.
Ha mi Ok, who watched the whole situation, added to the fight. It was foreseeable that the two women 's voices were fully exaggerated enough to embarrass Jeong Jin - soo.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019041881144

New stils

77751_160141_224.jpg

77751_160142_243.jpg

Kang Mi-hye constantly flashed in line with the love affair of her former boyfriend, Park Jae-bum. Also, in the last broadcast, Jang Jae Bum showed a cute jealousy to the superior visual of Kim Woo-jin (Kita Tae Young), editor of the publisher of Kang Mi-hye's contract.

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=77751#09Pr

Woo Jin goes to Sun Ja`s restaurant to find Mi Hye.

New stills

77841_160290_3128.jpeg

77841_160291_3151.jpeg

Kang Mi-hye (Kim Hae-kyung) was frustrated with his own situation in which he worked as a café part-time worker instead of a publishing contract. He was deeply depressed when he heard criticism from his manuscript " After she was tired, she declared that she would stop working part-time with tears.
In this photo, there is a picture of Kim Woo-jin (Kita Tae-young) who came directly to the Seolgang-tang shop of Park Sun-ja to meet Kang Mi-hye.

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=77841#09Pr

On 4/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, maribella said:

MH is what the writer had in mind, then it is too challenging for this actress.

Something about this actress is way off. I can't point it but she is way over the top. 

3 hours ago, smhelen said:

Something about this actress is way off. I can't point it but she is way over the top. 

Its her exaggeration. You can see her THINK about her emotions. Its like seeing a student practising acting. She isn't the character. She is someone TRYING to emote.

And her eyes are not expressive at all. She just looks grumpy. Her voice is shrill. The voice by itself is sorta ok. But louder doesn't mean better. 

You know how some actresses can just convey their feelings with their eyes? Or some suitable hand movements? Her actions are huge. Huge arm waving and a lot of snorting? Yeah a whole lot of hmph and snorts.

Thats why I said, she is like a a student acting badly. I wonder how she passed the audition. 

I know weekend dramas usually has 1 newbie or a couple of bad actors. I wonder if she's it for this drama. I remember Park Hyun Sik was a newbie once with Nam what's her complete name? But even he was way better than her. 

Or Park Seo Joon in his weekend drama. But he was memorable too.

When you're good you're good. Talent will show. Raw talent will show I mean. Currently she reminds me of another idol singer turned actress in her weekend drama. Omg she was so bad especially since she was supposedly supposed to show some fighting scenes.

Anyway, I chalk her up as a bad actress I must suffer through. I feel more sorry for KTY. I know he is a father of 2 and they relegated him to a weekend drama. But geez, they could have given him a better actress to work with. I mean, he has to fall in love with MH. Yikes. 

And the actor playing Jaebeum? Poor him too. Now he is a good believable actor. You stick 2 good actors next to her and she just looks false. In every scene.

What about being with KHS and KSY? Man she just looks like a cartoon character next to them.

6 hours ago, smhelen said:

I can't remember which episode, but there was the part when she ranted why she wouldn't  work at his cafe. She flounced out... all these was WTH to me. Then as if it can't get worse, her chubby friend came, she saw him and ran back to the cafe, stumbling and falling!!! So over the top and more. I have seen that kind of scenes in many Hollywood/American comedy shows but first for Korean.

My guess she is supposed to be around 30 in the show, at least make her a bit mature.

Archived