[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

ive just finished watching the ep :D actually i find TJ’s dad not as bad.. at least he does joke around with him and complain TJ din visit him enough, like a sulky old man which is quite heartwarming. perhaps its those MCP ego and old mindset that still belittle women’s capability.

MS hubby.. ever since ep 1 till now, i only learnt one thing, he loves sausages :sweat_smile: seriously. hahahaha and his dad, craves for the grilled fish so much that he continues to harp about it to his son after left behind by the wife.. life after retirement, oh well.. grilled fish..

im glad MS empathizes MR when Da Bin told her about the amusement park incident. since she is older than MR she would have known a bit when she joined the family.. hopefully we will have a heart to heart talk between the 2 sisters to find out more? MR is v conscious and doesnt reveal her inner feelings much.. she has too much contained inside her.

the dinner scene with IS.. i felt like slapping this CEO mom :rolleyes: too full of herself, like why would i want to meet you after office hours and talk about private lives?! bleh. so tactless. im being biased here haha!

cant wait for this weekend, the sneak preview has some cute scenes

meantime, guess i’ll hop over to Big Issue n Beautiful World lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

ve just finished watching the ep :D actually i find TJ’s dad not as bad.. at least he does joke around with him and complain TJ din visit him enough, like a sulky old man which is quite heartwarming. perhaps its those MCP ego and old mindset that still belittle women’s capability.

Yes, I enjoyed the scene with Tae Joo and his father too. I was glad that he is not a cold man for his children.  I still don`t like the fact that he don`t give women credit much but if Mi Ri will stay strong in front of him, and did not take his  nonsense...I `ll be good. 

He worned Tae Joo to not reveal his identity. He think that once people will find out he will treat him differentlty.

For Mi Ri, it will be a bad news. :w00t: I loved when Tae Joo was surprised by his father`s question.  Why he trust Mi Ri so much? ;)

From filming set

set

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

After IS leaves, the mgr castigates Park for saying that, but Park responds that he had said it deliberately since he figured the CEO was also feeling uncomfortable for having rejected MR and taken their project away from them, and had come down to check out how they were doing. This causes TJ to think about it. Though, really, IS just came down to see TJ, and I think he knew that. 

Thanks, dear! I appreciated.

ParkTae Ri is badmouthing Mi Ri all the time but I think he was sincere when he said that he misses her. :D

In Sook came to see Tae Joo but she wanted to see Mi Ri too. After what Park Tae Ri said, she felt a little bad that she gave the project to the other departement. In Sook is intrigued by Mi Ri. She wants to get close to her but Mi ri is rejecting her all the time. Now, after Mi Ri asked about her daughter, she will get her claws out. :D

Hong Jong Hyun And Kim So Yeon’s Drama “Mother Of Mine” Surpasses 30 Percent In Ratings In Record Time

by E. Cha
01591aafd8db47768b880fdd64fd2412.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s new weekend drama “Mother of Mine” shows no signs of slowing down!

Just three weeks into its run, “Mother of Mine” has already broken past the 30 percent barrier to achieve its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the April 7 episode of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 24.8 percent during its first half and 30.1 percent during its second, marking yet another increase from its previous record.

Notably, “Mother of Mine” surpassed the 30 percent mark in just six broadcasts, while it took the hit drama “My Only One”—which previously aired in the same time slot—10 broadcasts to reach the same milestone.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1315851wpp/hong-jong-hyun-and-kim-so-yeons-drama-mother-of-mine-surpasses-30-percent-in-ratings-in-record-time?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-container-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=36473c

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

MR looked beautiful in that black dress, and the shoes and

the purse were perfect.

I like her lipsticks. 

My fav is the lilac one in the first episode.

Actually, they fit this actress beautifully.

I think it was a dark blue dress but she looked very nice in it.

Her lipsticks....

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo4_r1_540.png

She has sexy lips. Maybe we`ll see different kind of colors on her lips in this drama.

It is funny when I see that she is entering All for You magazine in the drama. She has been their model from 2010. It`s like being on familiar places. :P

I would like to see Tae Joo and Mi ri outside work more. They are so cute. In the next episode he makes her a complement once again. In short time she will like his company and look for more time together without realizing. ;)

Fashion drama

Spoiler

I just finished watching the latest episodes. I squealed during MR and TJ scenes. But I'm dreading the drama  when she finds out TH real status within the company, that he's going to take over and the heir.  I think she's going to slow fall for him but.... She's going to feel hurt and possibly betrayed.  So TJ..well. let's see how he fights for her and be with her.

I  like the last scene when IS prod MR to ask any questions " I hear you (had?) have a daughter? How is your realtionbshp with her? Cliffhanger!  How's IS going to answer that?  MR is strong  woman but there's that emotional void.  Nobody sees that  She puts up a fierce persona but underneath all that is woman who's looking for answers how her own mother could have abandoned her.

Mi Ok at that pottery class is the definition of ridiculousness. She has such a deep-seeded need to be important, recognized and spoiled. I am sure there is more to the story there, but her selfishness takes center stage.

How in the world did Mi Sun end up with her husband? He is not especially good looking, his personality is the worst, he literally can't do even the simplest things for himself and his mother is awful. She definitely got the raw end of the deal.

Mi Hye needs to pull herself out of her self-imposed misery. What type of issues was she dealing with that she did not even realize her mentor had passed away? Much like her older sister, she has no confidence in herself. If she did, she would not have wasted away 9 years of her life like this. As far as Jae Bum, I do wish she was nicer to him, because it is not cute to treat someone the way she has always treated him. However, I don't ship them. She has never had feelings for him. And even with his new found fame and wealth, she still can't make herself like him. They are friends at best. Her mother needs to accept this and stop giving this guy hope. Woo Jin is a jerk, but at least he is realistic one. He is exactly the type of person that can whip Mi Hye back into writing shape.

This whole Mi Ri/Tae Jun/ In Soek drama is going to be very interesting. Mi Ri may not realize it, but she already likes TJ. I don't think her abandonment issues have completely kept her from dating. She has probably done that, she just isn't interested in getting married and having a family. As far as their work relationship, one thing that is obvious is that she doesn't have a lot of capable people around her. Tae Jun is a lot like her as far as work ethic. As far as their relationship outside of work, I think they will get along well here. I just hope his aunt/mother figure doesn't purposely try to separate them because of her past evil deed.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

I just finished watching the latest episodes. I squealed during MR and TJ scenes. But I'm dreading the drama  when she finds out TH real status within the company, that he's going to take over and the heir.  I think she's going to slow fall for him but.... She's going to feel hurt and possibly betrayed.  So TJ..well. let's see how he fights for her and be with her.

Seing how hurt she is because of In Sook`s adandonement, she will have a hard time when she finds the truth about Tae Joo. Even if she will forgive him, it will be hard for her in his family. But I don`t want to think about that. Let`s enjoy the moments of them falling in love.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

MR is strong  woman but there's that emotional void.  Nobody sees that  She puts up a fierce persona but underneath all that is woman who's looking for answers how her own mother could have abandoned her.

I agree. Tae Joo is starting to see her real personality. He will see on first hand how she changes the moods. Hot and cold. :lol: Unlike his colleagues, Tae Joo is seeing Mi Ri outside work. What I like about him, is that he is very perceptive, he looks beneath the surface, he is emphatic.  He is what she needs.

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Until that conversation, I don't think even SJ understood how affected MR has been by her mother's abandonment of her. It's probably because MR does come across as so strong and independent with a bright, forceful personality that no one saw that there is still an emotional void in her. No matter how much love SJ has shown her, MR still has her hurt and pain from her own mother's abandonment.

Because Sun Ja realised that Mi Ri has issues with her biological mother`s abandonement, she worries a lot. She could not sleep that night, wondering if she thought all this time about that. I like how they showed the scene where Mi Sun talked with Da Bin that she did not mean the words she said when she was mad. She apologized and reasured her daughter of her love. Sometimes, we adults don't realise how children take serious our words. Mi Ri knows now why Sun ja told her daughter that she was tired of them, that always wanted someone to take them. They were just words without meaning but imagine how the words were important for young Mi ri who already suffered an abandonement.

Mi Ri matured early. She was the "perfect" girl. She was the class president, one of the youngest executives in the company, and the only woman. Work hard, not only to be a good daughter to Sun ja but to show In sook what she accomplished. I want her to fall in love with Tae Joo even if I know that she will be hurt too. She needs to be happy, to live her life. 

3 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Mi Ok at that pottery class is the definition of ridiculousness. She has such a deep-seeded need to be important, recognized and spoiled. I am sure there is more to the story there, but her selfishness takes center stage.

And she let her husband home to do all the house chores to giggle over a muscular potery teacher. She is self centered.

As far as Jae Bum, I do wish she was nicer to him, because it is not cute to treat someone the way she has always treated him. However, I don't ship them. She has never had feelings for him. And even with his new found fame and wealth, she still can't make herself like him. They are friends at best. Her mother needs to accept this and stop giving this guy hope.

I agree. She never loved  him. But I feel sorry for Jae Bum because it is obvious that he still has feelings for her. I hope he will wake up soon from  her spell. I also agree that Woo Jin is what Mi Hye needs right now to put her on track. 

How in the world did Mi Sun end up with her husband?

I asked myself the same question. But I think he was charming. He works in the bank too, so probably they met when they were students together. Jin Soo is not a bad guy but he is so imature.

Mi Ri may not realize it, but she already likes TJ. I don't think her abandonment issues have completely kept her from dating. She has probably done that, she just isn't interested in getting married and having a family.

I also believe that she did not date before. Wanted from an young age to succeed on the profesional life, beeing an workaholic who never took her paid leaves, who did not know the restaurants from her neighborhood because she spent most of her time at work and home (like she already confessed), not wanted to date and never interested in marriage, I could see her never dated before. I wish I am wrong. Oh, let me put on the list that she is not used to get compliments from a man. She probably heard a lot how tough she is, how competent, how determined she is not how beautiful she is. She thought Da Bin is beautiful, not her. (I don`t mean that she doesn`t know she is beautiful, but she never thought about that, she never thought that a man could find her beautiful). :lol:

I am ready to see how Tae joo will make her see life with other eyes. Bum Bum Bum, her heart!!! :P

I actually like how the writer is giving us little hints that Tae Joo is getting enamored by Mi Ri. It almost looked like he was relieved that Da Bin was her niece and not her child. It's also showing us his character growth, realizing that saying the right thing all the time isn't necessarily good because it means that he could be making someone unhappy. That scene with Mr Park telling him off was a moment of realization for him. I hope he put it together that the reason why Mi Ri became drunk was because she was upset at losing the proposal that her team had worked so hard on. I've become slightly obsessed with this drama- the little teaser scenes between Tae Joo and Mi Ri have made me want to see more of their interactions. It's nice to see the writers developing the relationship between them a little more. 

3 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

I actually like how the writer is giving us little hints that Tae Joo is getting enamored by Mi Ri. It almost looked like he was relieved that Da Bin was her niece and not her child. It's also showing us his character growth, realizing that saying the right thing all the time isn't necessarily good because it means that he could be making someone unhappy.

Yes, it is nice and it looks a natural developement.

He started with looking from afar and now he keeps her company to not drink alone. :D

He sincerely apologized that he hurt her feelings and she apologized too in her style. :lol: She started with a few petty things and now she is waiting for him at the elavator. She still gives him a few minor chores to do to not look suspisious. :D

I like the scene at the dinner, after he apologised.

Mi Ri: Ok, forget about it. I don`t hold grudges for long.

Tae Joo (playfully): I think you do.The copies, recepts, coffee, water tank, toilet papers...

Mi Ri (interupting him): Hey, Han Tae Joo... Eat your food...

It was a very nice scene. :lol:

@Sheenigummy, welcome to Soompi and Mother of Mine thread! Let`s enjoy together this drama. .

I'm enjoying how the story is developing between TJ & MR. He is curious about MR and also attracted to her because she is such a piece of puzzle. Ever since he discovered she is not what she seems to be, he got hooked. He is curious why she drinks and get drunk. The way he looked at her is very endearing. 

MR is slowly finding TJ endearing as well though she tries to keep her distant. It's gonna be hard when he is that cute and he puts up with her - patience of a saint. He tells it to her up front when he feels it is necessary. None of her staff dares to do it.

I like the HJH & KSY chemistry.  Somehow they gel in the drama.  It slowly grows on viewers. I guess it is how well written the character of TJ and HJH is able to bring it on screen ... TJ being the strong male aura - the umbrella for MR. MR will be an asset to TJ in his path to inherit and manage the Co. Both are smart and together, they make a formidable team.

2 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, it is nice and it looks a natural developement.

He started with looking from afar and now he keeps her company to not drink alone. :D

He sincerely apologized that he hurt her feelings and she apologized too in her style. :lol: She started with a few petty things and now she is waiting for him at the elavator. She still gives him a few minor chores to do to not look suspisious. :D

Tae Joo (playfully): I think you do.The copies, recepts, coffee, water tank, toilet papers...

@Sheenigummy, welcome to Soompi and Mother of Mine thread! Let`s enjoy together this drama. .

Thank you @larus!! This drama has made me want to comment and get involved. It's got very nice themes and the main leads are charming and great actors so it helps doesn't it! I'd like to see more scenes though and watch the Mi Ri's ice melt a little more with Tae Joo's warmth. That being said i cannot stand the youngest sister....never before have I seen such an overacting character. I hope the publisher gives her a hard time and adds to her character growth. 

7 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

I've become slightly obsessed with this drama- the little teaser scenes between Tae Joo and Mi Ri have made me want to see more of their interactions. It's nice to see the writers developing the relationship between them a little more. 

Welcome noobie!  You pick a good one to " slighty obsessed". The scenes between MR and TJ is  sis lowly but surely.. and then we'll have slow burn. Once secrets are unraveled...conflicting emotions will either pull them  together or push them apart for bit. But like larus said, gotta enjoy the moments of MR and TJ as it's developing.

4 hours ago, larus said:

Iknow right. I like that one too. But the one I squealed  when  she was at the elevator. He goit his ID back.  She said what are you waiting for, get in. She waited for him inside. He was smling.:wub:       

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I'm enjoying how the story is developing between TJ & MR. He is curious about MR and also attracted to her because she is such a piece of puzzle. Ever since he discovered she is not what she seems to be, he got hooked. He is curious why she drinks and get drunk. The way he looked at her is very endearing.  

MR is slowly finding TJ endearing as well though she tries to keep her distant. It's gonna be hard when he is that cute and he puts up with her - patience of a saint. He tells it to her up front when he feels it is necessary. None of her staff dares to do i

Yes.. He's going to slowly warm her up. She keeps that demeanor but there's something soft and emotional about MR  and she keeps that persona off from her marketing team.  TJ lets her be but when he needs to say something he says it.  He didn't realise that her project proposal was rejected that's why he said just let the planning team. Had he known, he would have said something different

3 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I like the HJH & KSY chemistry.  Somehow they gel in the drama.  It slowly grows on viewers. I guess it is how well written the character of TJ and HJH is able to bring it on screen ... TJ being the strong male aura - the umbrella for MR. MR will be an asset to TJ in his path to inherit and manage the Co. Both are smart and together, they make a formidable team.

I totally agree with you. The chemistry shows. Well written character  for them. TJ's aura radiates male presence for her. TJ doesn't overstep. He  just does what he says because know who's the boss. When the going gets tough,  I want for TJ to be there for her and MR. be nice  for her to let her guard down and accept comfort.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Iknow right. I like that one too. But the one I squealed  when  she was at the elevator. He goit his ID back.  She said what are you waiting for, get in. She waited for him inside. He was smling.:wub:   

A big step. He is smiling more when he is near her. That`s a good sign. She not only wait for him in the elevator, but told him that she gave him to do more copies to not look suspisious. :D Mi Ri already accepted Tae Joo as a member of her team.

There were many good scenes. I like when Park Tae Ri said that he misses his boss. He is responsable of the comic relief at the office and he was the one who was the most scolded (rightfully so) but even he cares for Mi ri.

6 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

MR is slowly finding TJ endearing as well though she tries to keep her distant. It's gonna be hard when he is that cute and he puts up with her - patience of a saint. He tells it to her up front when he feels it is necessary. None of her staff dares to do it.

Tae Joo has the right qualities that makes him a perfect match for Mi Ri. He is direct and frank even with his father. Even when he spoke back to his boss, he was never disrespectful. Every time he spoke his different views, Mi Ri was more puzzled by him as well.

I am looking forward to their dates. I hope this drama/ writer gives us what we want. ;)

5 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

This drama has made me want to comment and get involved. It's got very nice themes and the main leads are charming and great actors so it helps doesn't it!

I am glad that more people want to share their thoughts about the drama and its characters.

Drama fashion

Spoiler

Stills

8300_7954_952.jpg

Dae-Cheol is giving his son some money.

http://www.specialtimes.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=8300

^^^

201904120846762343_1.jpg

The face of Kang Mi-sun, who is receiving a phone call in the public photo, is filled with anxiety and shock. Also, in the appearance of a woman who tries to take care of her mother and leans her body as if she is missing, she suggests something unusual happened to them.

Especially, the incident happened to two women on this day, and other family members can not talk about the inside of the room is also included.

http://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201904120846762343

Actor Cho Suk-wook confirmed his appearance on KBS 2TV's weekend drama 'My Beautiful Daughter in the World'.

l_2019041202000624000125031.jpg

In the drama, Cho Suk-wook appears as a part-time in Sunja`s restaurant.

It will appear as a good-natured part-time part-time student to the audience, capturing the attention from the visuals and bringing new excitement to the drama.

appeared on Mnet 'Produce 101 Season 2' and showed his face through various CFs .

http://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=201904121011003&sec_id=540101

Archived