[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

Omo..omo..What the secret the Chairman Han want to keep it about Kang Mi Ri and Tae Ju even i dont think In Sook know too.Seems other man with In Sook and Charmain Han not really bad because he is really praised Mi Ri or might this just acting up infront Chairman Han.I think Mi ri background to Han family more than we are expect.Cant wait tonight episode.Too mysterious with Mi Ri's background

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it with subtitles.

Tae joo`s father...! What a difficult man! Tae Joo grew up with the rule that he should wait for his calls and and now his father is complaining that nobody is interested in him.

That man who was with In Sook to see the chairman knows about Tae Joo`s identity and he was the one who informed him all these years what is going on in the company.

We now know from the drama that In Sook is not Tae Joo`s stepmother, but his aunt because she married Chaiman Han`s younger brother, and that she loved him and raised him as her son. We also found out that Tae Joo has a ten years brother. I guess his father had another marriage.  Han Jong Soo knows what the other members of the family are doing. Tae Joo is the only one who earn his own money without spending a dime from his father and yet, he should not be spoiled? Chairman Han loves his sons but he should show more affection for Tae Joo. He also chose Tae Joo as the one who be in charge of Hansung Apparel. I just knew it. He doesn`t like Mi Ri becasue is a woman. She should teach Tae Joo how to be a good executive and that`s all. :angry:

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo2_540.png

What the hell is wrong to be a woman, you sexist,  patriarhal kdjhfghgbfhjhdkjgkjrfjnnfzdghj! :angry: You said yourself that she is very competent.

Another thing.... how he treats In sook! She knows very well that what he said about Mi Ri it was said about her too.

When the man praised In Sook for the good work, Chairman Han said in a condescending tone, that`s the least she should do . I wish Mi Ri won`t enter this family but I know that she is going to fall in love with this man`s son.

Jae Bum and Young Dal`s scene. They were practicing dancing together in the past! :D

Poor Jae Bum. Mi Hye`s uncle is right.

Prince Charming and villian in the fairy tale don`t match. I hope Jae Bum will find a nice lady to be his romantic partner. He should be "adopted" in the family but he is already a part of it.

I loved when a drunk Mi Hye`s told Woo Jin what is in her heart. She feels that she failed Kim Tae Joon, she felt the pressure of being considered a promising writer and not live up to her name. She knows that her new book is not very good but she wanted an encouragement, a boost to her self esteem. I laughed when Mi Hye talked with Sun Ja on the phone, told a lie and passed out after that in front of Woo Jin. 

Yes, I think they match very well.

The "villian" and Mister Grumpy or ... Grilled Macherel. :lol:

tumblr_ppksiuAOR31sdd1ivo3_540.png

The plan of Sun Ja and Mi sun was very good. I giggled then Mi Sun talked on the phone with Mi Ok, thanking her for her help.  And the mother in law received an unexpected bath. :lol: I am glad that we won`t have to wait to see this woman put on her place. They won`t have to be submissive through all the drama until they have to speak their mind.

2 hours ago, Lolanomore said:

Omo..omo..What the secret the Chairman Han want to keep it about Kang Mi Ri and Tae Ju even i dont think In Sook know too.Seems other man with In Sook and Charmain Han not really bad because he is really praised Mi Ri or might this just acting up infront Chairman Han.I think Mi ri background to Han family more than we are expect.Cant wait tonight episode.Too mysterious with Mi Ri's background

First, welcome to Sompi and this thread! :wub: I am glad you decided to join.

I don`t think there is a story that ties Mi Ri and the Han family. Chairman Han wanted to keep a secret that Tae Joo is his son in the company. As we saw, he just wants Mi Ri to train his son. Because Mi Ri is not a man, Chaiman Han won`t consider to give her the position she deserves.

I like that that man recognized the merit of Mi Ri, he even praised her and In Sook. He even mentioned that Mi ri is good to be an executive. But I don`t know if he is really sincere without an ulterior motive.  I hope he is.

In Sook will be in an interesting spot. Between her real daughter and her  new family/"son". From my point of view, she has the moral duty to support her daughter, at least now. She failed her once, I hope she won`t do it the second time.

I almost don`t desire to see Mi Ri in that family. She will have a hard time. But that`s all about these dramas, overcoming every difficulties to be happy in the end.

2 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

The rating on Saturday is low due to competition with The Fiery Priest which is in its ending, is that correct? >"<

No, it is not. The Fiery Priest is at 22 o`clock and Mother of Mine is at 20.

The ratings are lower Saturday. At least the drama has maintained the same number. 

It is hard for light dramas to keep the viewers. The audience want a little excitement, that`s why makjang dramas have been succesful. They also want something new, fresh.

I personally enjoy Mother of Mine and I hope the Korean audience will keep watching too.

The first OST was been released. Enjoy!

Spoiler

The RAW translation of the lyrics

A day like a dream

I am filling you with me that day.

Always in my mind like a picture

It's like the smell of a breathing petal.

Someday it will be forgotten.

That's life.

Like a poem buried in a faint memory

It's getting cloudy.

Ye Lai Xiang in the wind

Ye Lai Xiang in the petals

You can reach me.

When I was dreaming

I looked back quietly.

The way we walked

The petals are blooming and the seasons

It changed again and changed my appearance.

You can not go back.

That's life.

Now I'm happy I've been dreaming

I dance in front of me

Ye Lai Xiang in the wind

Ye Lai Xiang in the petals

You can reach me.

When I was dreaming

Ye Lai Xiang

Ye Lai Xiang

Ye Lai Xiang

I know that there will be more tears later on in the drama but right now I like that there are light moments and the parts more serious are not overdramatic.

The OST is matching my feelings of this drama right now.

Joo Hyunmi, KBS2 weekend 'My daughter, the most beautiful girl in the world' Participated in the first OST

l_2019040702000327200064291.jpg

This song is a remake of a song by Chinese singer Yi Hwang Ran. It is also included in Joo Hyunmi 's 2nd album <Golden> and 16th album <It was really good / Love>. This album was reborn as an acoustic accompaniment with modern sensibility and retro sensibility of original song.

l_2019040702000327200064292.jpg

In the album, the music director Ant participated in many OST works such as <The Sun's Generation> <The Green Moon Light>. In 1985, Ju Hyun Mi debuted with 'Young-dong Rain', and at the time, he received the top 10 singers and new singers.

Since then, he has made various hit songs such as "I regret crying," "Sinsa dong that person," "Unrequited love," "Wait a minute," "I met again," "Yesterday the same farewell." Also last year, I participated in the OST in 22 years with the OST "I'll Call You" OST of the MBC weekend "Son of the rich man".

Joo Hyunmi has been holding <2019 Jeon Hyunmi Concert> since February and is meeting with fans from all over the country. He is going to attend the Cheonan concert on the 27th and the 'Parent's Day Dinner Show' next month. (Google translate)

http://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=201904071035003&sec_id=540101

New stills from today episode

Mi Ri will have dinner with In Sook

Spoiler

201904071588375971_1.jpg

Kang Mi-ryul (Kim So-yeon), a marketing strategy manager of Hansung Apparel, expressed a strange sense of hostility to the new CEO, Jeon In-sook (Choi Myung-gil).

The dinner of Jeon In Sook and Kang Mi Ri, which was held outside the company, is focusing attention. Kang Mi-ri, who is making a lot of hard-tempered looks because she knows In Sook is her own mother, and Jeon In-sook, who smiles without knowing these facts, is creating a tension and aroused tension.

http://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201904071588375971

I anticipated the scenes between Mi Ri and In Sook before the srama was airing. I like that they are showing us a lot of these scenes. Now I want to see scenes with Mi Ri and Sun ja too. In the last episode, Sun ja was wondering why Mi ri took Da Bin. Mi Sun found it odd that she took a day off. It is a matter of time for Sun ja to find out that her adopted daughter is in close vicinity to her real mother.

On the day of the trailer, Han Tae-Joo asked Kang Myeong-ri, "Would you like to have dinner?" And Kang Mi-ryu replied, "Why should I buy rice for Han Tae-joo?"

07247888.jpg

He asked Kang Mi Ri, "Do not you remember anymore?" She did look straight at his face in embarrassment. "Do not worry, I will never give up." told Tae Joo. 

http://www.theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1554617808247888006

He asked for dinner. Good, more oportunity to be together. Why the sudden interest in your boss, Tae Joo? :lol:

I find it fair. She should thank him for carry her on his back that evening. :D

I just watched the Raw episode. I love it even without subtitles. I had fun.

It was nice to see Sun ja and Dae Cheol having fun talking about Da bin, their common grandaughter. They are compatible. 

I love Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s date. Fine, it was not an official date but they spent time together. It was funny how she realised that Tae Joo brought her home that night. She was embarassed and he liked spending time with her. :lol:@jongski their relationship is advancing with steady steps. Nice scenes to watch. :)

About work, Tae Joo is becoming Mi Ri`s right hand.

I like the scene between Tae Joo and his father and I think he defended Mi Ri.

I loved that I saw Sun ja and all three sisters in the same scene. I wish to know what  MiRi told her mom (Sun ja). Dis she tell that In sook has appeared in her life?  The mom is worried about her. I loved their little talk on the phone before going to bed. Mi Ri told her "I love you". :wub:

I laughed when Jin Soo was trying to stop his mother to not go and fight with Sun Ja about the incident, and the clothes Sun ja gave them. :lol:

I laughed so hard when Mi Ok was at the potery. Mi Ok, like Demi Moore in Ghost, modeling the clay and Unchained Melody in the background. And we find out why she was in trance...  She is having a crush on the potery teacher. :w00t:

And Mi Hye finding the next day that she was not hired as a writer but as the part time job employee. :)

The story continues.

@stroppyse, Thank you very much! I was so curious. I loved the scene. :wub:

So, Mi Ri did not tell Sun ja that she met In Sook, that she is her boss. Mi Ri has no confidence that she could be a good mother becasue of what happen with her in her childhood. Sun ja always worries that Mi Ri did not date and she is not interested in dating/ marriage. I wish she will tell Sun ja about In Sook because she is having a hard time but she doesn`t say a word to her family, especially her mother, to not worry her. Mi sun and Sun ja knows her well and they are curious what happen that she took a day off from work. They will find out soon.

Sun ja came to Mi Ri`s appartement as well.

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I hope this isn't foreshadowing that SJ is going to die by the end of this drama.

Noooo. Noooo. No death in this drama, please Drama God.

I am optimistic.

I actually understood the scene with Mi Sun and Da Bin without knowing a word. :D

Thank you again for the translation. :heart:

I saw in the preview that In Sook is cold towards Mi Ri. Her last attempt to get closser to Mi Ri  did not turn well. From an article I find out that Mi ri told In sook that she knows about her daughter and asked her what her daughter is doing. It is true?

25 minutes ago, hell59 said:

Does anyone know the name of the original Chinese song? Teresa Teng made it famous years ago!

I think the Korean version kept the name of the song in it, YE LAI XIANG. From what I understood it is a flower name. 

here

I actually found the name of the original Chinese song sung by Teresa Teng. It is called Ye Lai Xiang which is a flower (tuberose)!

22 minutes ago, larus said:

@stroppyse, Thank you very much! I was so curious. I loved the scene. :wub:

So, Mi Ri did not tell Sun ja that she met In Sook, that she is her boss. Mi Ri has no confidence that she could be a good mother becasue of what happen with her in her childhood. Sun ja always worries that Mi Ri did not date and she is not interested in dating/ marriage. I wish she will tell Sun ja about In Sook because she is having a hard time but she doesn`t say a word to her family, especially her mother, to not worry her. Mi sun and Sun ja knows her well and they are curious what happen that she took a day off from work. They will find out soon.

Sun ja came to Mi Ri`s appartement as well.

Noooo. Noooo. No death in this drama, please Drama God.

I am optimistic.

I actually understood the scene with Mi Sun and Da Bin without knowing a word. :D

Thank you again for the translation. :heart:

I saw in the preview that In Sook is cold towards Mi Ri. Her last attempt to get closser to Mi Ri  did not turn well. From an article I find out that Mi ri told In sook that she knows about her daughter and asked her what her daughter is doing. It is true?

I think the Korean version kept the name of the song in it, YE LAI XIANG. From what I understood it is a flower name. 

here

Thank you so much for your answer, I found it on youtube and then I saw your reply! So nice of you to help me with the info. I had been wondering about it after starting to watch this drama, I remember listening Teresa Teng singing this but could not find the song before.

1 hour ago, hell59 said:

I actually found the name of the original Chinese song sung by Teresa Teng. It is called Ye Lai Xiang which is a flower (tuberose)!

About the flower.... I checked the Google translation and it said it is tuberose too but I think it is the flower named Telosma cordata, a species of flowering plant, native to China.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

IS: May I see Vice President Kang Mi Ri’s employee application and personnel file for the past 10 years, please?

Oh, In Sook is looking for personal information about Mi ri. She will realise who she is and why she rejects her .

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

TJ: Yes. (MR smiles) Definitely, when Vice President is smiling, you’re much prettier.  

Oh, Ohhhhh my... Tae Joo is giving his boss a compliment. But they are outside work! :D

@stroppyse One more request, please. A curiousity. Park Tae ri took Mi Ri`s side in front of In Sook? He said after she left that that he misses/feels bad for Miss Kang (because she was not at work that day)? I `ve interpreted the scene like that.  :w00t:

Well... I did not find the scene on You Tube. Sorry.  I thought that he was telling In Sook why she was upset ( about the rejection of her departement`s project). I saw that Tae Joo understood a little better Mi Ri and that`s the reason he apologized when they had dinner.

14 hours ago, larus said:

What the hell is wrong to be a woman, you sexist,  patriarhal kdjhfghgbfhjhdkjgkjrfjnnfzdghj! :angry: You said yourself that she is very competent.

I feel yout wrath! let me join you.. that sexist pig! To belittle woman executive.. because mwhat? MR is woman so  she doesn't deserve to be in the position to command. Why did he say that? Thye know about MR past?

7 hours ago, larus said:

:lol:@jongski their relationship is advancing with steady steps. Nice scenes to watch. :)

And my eyes flashing with hearts for MR and TJ. Nice and slow and easy. MR needs  someone to spoil her emotinally keep her smiling. raise her esteem. A praise or two or three and let there be something more! :love:

I'm about to watch the the sub and raw but wanted to check the thread first. I'll post and comment more once I'm done. 

The useless son in law is something lol. Can't believe he told his own mom that he can live without her but not his mother in law:joy:

MR and TJ relationship is getting better and better. I loved the fact that he defended her in front of his father but he doesn't know why he trusts MR yet. Now the real obstacle is her real Mom and the chairman. But what I don't understand is why the chairman let her get married into his house? I mean, the chairman seemed like a scumbag with that attitude of his. He probably done a background check on her and could have known she had a daughter in the past:mellow:

45 minutes ago, lu09 said:

MR and TJ relationship is getting better and better. I loved the fact that he defended her in front of his father but he doesn't know why he trusts MR yet. Now the real obstacle is her real Mom and the chairman. But what I don't understand is why the chairman let her get married into his house? I mean, the chairman seemed like a scumbag with that attitude of his. He probably done a background check on her and could have known she had a daughter in the past:mellow:

Maybe the Chairman knows about her daughter or maybe not. His younger brother wanted to marry her so he did with all the oposition he might have had from the family. It was said that In Sook was a famous announcer. Maybe she became an announcer after she abandon her daughter. It was said as well that Han Chairman/ Han family accepted In Sook after many years. I don`t think she had an easy life in Han family as we saw how strict and inflexeble the chairman is.

Ratings

How about In Sook abandoned MR is the Chairman requirement for her to marry his brother?

Are the secret between MR and In Sook will reveal before TJ and MR dating? I can't wait to see more TJ and MR moment.

MS story is more enjoyable now. Her mother in law is more bearable to watch now. It is funny to see the mother in law and her son.

I still don't get MH story. Need more episode to love MH story maybe.

Wow ratings went up to 30% this weekend!!! 

I am also loving the MR , TJ chemistry that's going on. I know agree, that In sook didn't know MR is her daughter. It's going to be interesting how this roles out. 

It might be a stretch and maybe my mind is going a bit too wild. But perhaps, there's a possibility that SunJa used to be part of the Han family? and she couldn't take it anymore so she divorced and started on her own? 

I am really curious about her past and how she ended up raising 3 daughters all by herself... such a strong woman and role model to all. 

i have to agree with both hands and legs up that Mi Hye gets on my nerves too much with her pouting, whining and exaggerated expressions.. isnt editors supposed to be the composed refined quiet type? ok im being styreotype but she, is, getting, on my nerves. the worse would be so many guys swarming over her :unamused: gimme a break! not all guys love to be slaves.

im all ready to watch sunday’s epi with eng subs haha!

9 hours ago, mentarisenja said:

How about In Sook abandoned MR is the Chairman requirement for her to marry his brother?

Are the secret between MR and In Sook will reveal before TJ and MR dating? I can't wait to see more TJ and MR moment.

It could be possible but I still believe that In Sook abandoned her because she wanted to have a career.  It is hard to believe that a rich person should be so hearless to not agree to raise a little girl. But unfortunately, these rich people care for the public opinion and about the status of the should love and take care of their children too. Being rich they have lots of people in their service. I read about situations when a woman abandoned her child to get married with another man. What a cruel world!

I think In Sook will find out about Mi Ri but they won`t tell anybody for awhile. Because she kept a secret for so long, she won`t tell everybody now. I am curious how their relationship will go from there.

9 hours ago, mentarisenja said:

MS story is more enjoyable now. Her mother in law is more bearable to watch now. It is funny to see the mother in law and her son.

At first, Mi Sun`s mother in law got on my nerves because I thought that I have to see her all the time abusing the others without any consequences . What I wasn`t willing to see these people getting their way. Now, I can laugh at her doings. I can take annoying people because in real life there are lots of them. People are different. The more diverse characters, the better. 

Mi Ok and Jin soo were the ones that make me laugh so hard in this episode. :w00t:

I think the actor who plays Jin Soo is very good. I can`t imagine another actor playing the immature husband of Mi Sun. I don`t want Mi Sun to divorce him (unless he won`t change at all). I wish the character will grow up untill the drama ends through. 

When Jin soo sprayed with insecticide instead with deodorant and Mi Ok scolded him because she was not a fly. :w00t:

Dae-Cheol told his wife that she looks great in the new outfit like she belongs there, as a part time employee. :D

The potery scene was hilarious!!! :w00t:

When Sun ja scolded Jin Soo that he is still messy after so many years, he lied that the lingerie is not his. :D

9 hours ago, bananacad said:

I am really curious about her past and how she ended up raising 3 daughters all by herself... such a strong woman and role model to all. 

Sun Ja is from an ordinary family but I am curious too how she end up alone rasing 3 daughters on her own. The synopsis told us that she had a patriarchal husband and a mother in law from Hell, and she fought poverty. She is a strong woman with a lot of heart. I loved when she was so happy that she received flowers, and Dae-Cheol gave her such nice compliments. BTW, I wish she had someone in her live. She deserves a little romance in her life too or a good companionship.

Dae Cheol and Sun ja can spend more time together. :P

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i have to agree with both hands and legs up that Mi Hye gets on my nerves too much with her pouting, whining and exaggerated expressions.. isnt editors supposed to be the composed refined quiet type?

I read about the writer telling that she created Mi Hye after her. Sometime the artists are larger than life character type. Mi Hye is a little exagerated but I think Woo Jin will have a good influence on her. She needs someone to make her be more disciplined. He was right. How Mi Hye can write if her life is in a chaos right now? Jae Bum is a nice guy and I want him to stop treat her as a princess and he as her servent. She won`t appreciate him better. A relationship won`t last is one gives all the time and the other takes. She is immature too.

I like to watch every characters in this drama. There is room for growth.

Archived