[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

10 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

Wow they are still filming on the 17th. I thought they would have finished by Chuseok. Guess this is to be aired on 22nd the final final episode. I really salute the actors/actresses/crew.

Maybe they had some scene to film. MBC`s episode was filmed earlier than the broadcast time. We saw first group pictures from the last shooting last week. I am sure they will release more pictures before the finale.

Kim Ha Kyung with the script

The video when Choi Jae Won met Kim So yeon in the hallway of KBS.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, larus said:

Why we talk so much about KSY and HJH age different but not mention the same difference or more between KHH and KTY from the same show? Kim Ha Hyung is 26 but she played a 32 years old character. She also was paired with an older actor. But we should not comment so much on the actors age.

I think they still got a good cast, that fits the script.

KSY and HJH had a really great chemistry, and their story in the drama was a sweet one with lots of romantic scenes.
I think we will see them, on the KBS Awards, among the winners of the best couple award at the end of the year.
KHK and KTY have a 14 years age gap I think, but because their story in the drama was totally different, not a really romantic one, many people don't see them as a couple.
They had a more like  Pygmalion and Galatea type of a story.
Anyway, in the real life, we are used to see older man and much younger women couples all the time, in the novels, throughout history, at movie stars or even politicians, so it became "normal" somehow. We live in a more open-minded society now, but this is still a man's world, and an older woman-younger man couple it's another story...

Yes, they had a good cast for the script, and all the actors did a great job with the screenplay that was given to them.

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

I wished we had more scenes with Sun Ja and Chairman Han. :)

2_47377_62755_0203.jpg

Both Mi Ri and Tae Joo will lose their parent?

8 minutes ago, denise_b said:

I think we will see them, on the KBS Awards, among the winners of the best couple award at the end of the year.

I really don`t care about these awards but it is good to see them on the red carpet. For the actors awards are important too as they need recognition. What know about KBS awards is that they give many couple awards. It is possible for Mi Ri and Tae Joo to get one. :D Usually, the younger couples are more popular. 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, maribella said:

I have not watched KSY before, maybe for a few episodes in IRIS. 

There are quite a number of good drama acted by KSY.

I started to "fall in love" for her was "All About Eve" - a villain role that made her become popular and widely known actress after this drama. She was very beautiful but a tragic role. :wub:

I like IRIS because she was very stylish in this drama as a North Korean spy. :)

The rest are short romance comedy if you like to watch : Princess Prosecutor, Dr. Champ , In Need of Romance 3, Falling for Innocence. Again Your choice now...choose something that suit your cup of tea and based on your schedule. Enjoy it :D

Actor Han Ki-woong gave a testimony of “My Prettiest Daughter in the World” ahead of the final broadcast.

20_581060_32373.jpg

On the 20th, the agency's Mada Entertainment released Han Ki-woong's testimony and script certification photo on KBS2's weekend drama `` The Most Beautiful Girl in the World ''

Han Ki-woong in the public photos is attracting attention because he is showing off his unique suit with a warm smile while holding the final episode of 'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World'.

Han Ki-woong said, “I enjoyed playing Peter's character for about 7 months, and I was so happy to be able to share great work with good people.” Please. I will work hard to show better acting in the future. ”

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=58106032373#rs

Actor Ki Tae-young told her stories from returning in four years with 'The most beautiful daughter in the world' to a happy family life with his wife Eugene and their two daughters.

article.jpg

Ki Tae-young acted as Kim Woo-jin, president and editor-in-chief of the publisher Doldam-gil in the drama. After being met with Kang Mi-hye (Kim Ha-kyung), he is acclaimed for his delicate depiction of Kim Woo-jin's changes in his eyes.

Ki Tae-young came back to the home theater after 4 years and had a good result. He said, "It's so good to go back. I think it's okay to have a rest when I'm doing a long job. "It was so fun to play Kim Woo-jin."

Then why did Ki Tae-young choose 'My Prettiest Daughter in the World/Mother of Mine' as the return film? Ki Tae-young said, "I loved the character. I was very impressed with Woojin's character and narrative in Synopsis, and I was convinced that I could express it well. "I lived on the eve of a drama and lost 10kg for the first time. Was it too comfortable?" I was surprised because I didn't feel that I was gaining weight, so I started to lose 10kg to appear in the drama. ”

My Beautifulst Daughter in the World' has gained high popularity with a rating of over 30% (Nielsen Korea, national standard), but it has been criticized as a 'drama' due to clichés such as incurable diseases and birth secrets. . I was curious about what the actors thought about it. Ki Tae-young said, "People say it's a drama, but there are more serious problems in life. The cause of death of two of the three modern people is cancer, and the secret of birth is more than expected. I think that is life." .

http://news1.kr/articles/?3723725

Chairman Han is lying unconscious in hospital with HM et family in the room. IS came in and told the others to leave. She handed HM and envelop which looked like photos inside. Long angry dialog. Then the Chairman woke up which meant he heard what those two had been hiding. I thought he might have another attack but I don't think so.

MH got married in the huge sleeves. Not too bad looking. Just after the ceremony, uncle's band was about to play, JB came dashing in and he sang a song - quite badly, not too shabby for a non-singer though. Then the market ladies started dancing, followed by SJ and others. We saw SJ having the time of her life. MH and WJ were on their way to their honeymoon when she said something. Then we saw her outside her mum's house. Looked like she was scolded for not going on her honeymoon. That was a good scene. All 3 girls slept with their mum, arguing and fighting each other. SJ lived her life for her children and she died with them next to her. 

4 minutes ago, hell59 said:

OMG, it was so hard not to cry even watching it raw. It was actually so great that SJ died on her own terms. I think the writer handled her death very well. 

I think it was a good thing that the writer gives us time to let Sun ja go. After so many episodes, I came to accept her passing.

Okay...I ugly cried...SO WHAT...Don't judge me because that ugly wedding dress had me in tears...:bawling:. No, I cried for the family...despite this drama's faults...this was beautifully done...Now for tomorrow, if we we can see Na Hye being dragged out by her hair 1996 "Jerry Springer" style for nostalgic purposes, this drama will end with a cherry on top!

Hong Jong Hyun delivered a heart-warming testimony at the end of the KBS drama Mother of Mine. 

20190921001301477_1.jpg

“Thank you to all the actors, staff, directors, and writers who started together in the winter and have been around for almost four seasons. This was the first time I had a long drama, so I was very clumsy and had a difficult time, and each time people around me helped me and led me to the end safely. ”

“There were a lot of dramas that I worked with my peers, and this drama was where many teachers appeared, so I learned more and was warm. And most of all, I would like to say my best thanks to the viewers who loved 'the most beautiful daughter in the world' from the beginning to the end.

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20190921001301477

Ok guess I have to back track  5 episodes then. Thank you. 

Poor Sun Ja. Sigh. Guess it's ok. Since the last drama I've watched the actress in she was a murderer. And another actress who played a murderer/ villain played a deity in the other weekend drama which just ended. I just need a nice role for these 2 now. Am a bit traumatised associating these 2 with death and more death currently.

Here's hoping for a good resolution tonight. I have been happy to see KSY for so long as I am very fond of this actress. I have watched a few of her dramas several times and even her first dramas.

I’m not going to lie. The wife and I boo hoo’d all the way through Saturday’s episode with SJ’s death. She was such an enduring character. Hats off to Kim Hae-suk for what we would call an Oscar worthy performance in this drama.

I suspect on Sunday we will not only get resolution on NHM, but also we will also get a glimpse of the legacy SJ left behind.

Thank you to the writer for giving us a chance to say goodbye to a beautiful character. I also loved she reconciled with IS and entrusted her with caring for the children.

MH looked pretty, the dress wasn't that bad in the end, old-fashioned maybe, but SJ was happy, on the last day of her life, and that's what counts.
It was nice how the part-timer guy took pictures at MH's wedding, and helped uncle to prepare for the big entry.
Nice TJ's confusion at the appearance of JB...
And JB singing...
Regretful that in this family's story both MR's and MH's weddings were bitter-sweet for different reasons.
Looks like even MH had a feeling related to his mother's condition, because she asked WJ to let her spend the wedding night at SJ's house.
It is very sad that they decided to show how SJ dies, immediately after the wedding, but in the end she was surrounded by her precious daughters she lived for.

BTS pictures

Kim So Yeon finished shooting with gratitude the help of a lot of support. "

Kim So-yeon played the lead role in Kang Mi-ri. Kim So-yeon said at the last shooting site, "Thanks to the viewers who gave us a lot of support, I could always shoot with my strength."

“We will do our best to find and look better in the future. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all the actors and staff who have been with me for a long time and to the many people who supported me. ”

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019092254464

Selfies

“Vagabond” Pulls No. 1 Ratings For 2nd Episode; “Arthdal Chronicles” And “Mother Of Mine” Gear Up For Their Finales

Sep 22, 2019
by E. Cha

93d4bf691eb549fe9cdff3e86dabd0fb.jpeg?s=

With just one episode left to go, KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” continued its longstanding reign over weekend nights. The September 21 episode scored average ratings of 28.4 percent and 33.2 percent, making it the most-watched drama of the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353974wpp/vagabond-pulls-no-1-ratings-for-2nd-episode-arthdal-chronicles-and-mother-of-mine-gear-up-for-their-finales

The drama did not lose viewers in South Korea. For the entire drama, the ratings were stable. I am glad that cast and crew finished the drama witout worrying about ratings. It`s great for them.

BTS picture

Archived