[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

Jae Bum arranged a spectacular event to propose to Mi-hye, a long-time favorite. He prepared a bouquet of flowers and a video. (Google translate)

2019081021003274745-540x1128.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019081065274

Spectacular? Her face says it all. WTH? Jae Bum is delusional, thinking he is a character in one of his cheap scripts. They are at the hospital. The psychiatry department is close. Go for a check, JB!  What I could think was how the actors could act with a straight face in this scene. It doesn`t make any sense that he will propose. The writer is "moking" some of the cast.

Another WTH moment? After some pills, In Sook wants to drown herself in the sea? I am very disappointed with this writer.  I hope In Sook comes to her senses and gets out on her own or that someone will save her. Maybe Tae Joo.

I see that Joo Hyun Mi is singing another OST.

The preview

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, serendipity... said:

JB is unrelatable in amplified manner. Who the frack proposes to a woman when the woman's mom is in a frigging hospital? I couldn't stop laughing although it was more stupid than funny lmao 

Publisher Jin's turning green already. Tomorrow's episode will be fun!

This whole Jae Bum thing reminds me one of Forrest Gump's famous lines "Stupid is who stupid does".
It looks like Jae Bum wanted to trap Mi Hye, to put her in a position where she can't refuse him. First very concerned, took her mother to his father's hospital, then he arranged the whole marriage proposal scene like they really had a love story, which he knew werry well it wasn't the case, plus he let the hospital staff to know about that.
A lot of people said that Mi Hye wasn't nice to Jae Bum, it is true, but maybe she had no other way because the guy it's impossible. Her biggest mistake was to let Jae Bum come so close to her family, because he made them to like him and be on his side, so he thought is no way Mi Hye would have another choice but accept his proposal. 
Mi Hye tried different ways to tell Jae Bum that she doesn't have feelings for him, but without any success, maybe she should try in Sanskrit now.

There is no raw episode anywhere. So don't know what happened. Does anyone know? Specifically the one where MR is in bed. I don't really care about the other scenes . If only I had the raw don't even need subs. I haven't been watching with subs for weeks now. But the sites don't even put the raw. Aish. And I don't know how to get the fast joonvideo links.

3 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

There is no raw episode anywhere. So don't know what happened. Does anyone know? Specifically the one where MR is in bed. I don't really care about the other scenes . If only I had the raw don't even need subs. I haven't been watching with subs for weeks now. But the sites don't even put the raw. Aish. And I don't know how to get the fast joonvideo links.

Some youtube links more at the channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoV7rj-oA7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJ809YKDhM

Interesting. I laughed so much when JB's dad talked about his incoming daughter in law.

I laughed even harder at the pregnancy stick. Woo hop we are heading for makjang territory. And IS brother is really useless. He is really spineless. Back stabbing useless liar.

Now we know why they brought in so many new characters, to whitewash IS. But they need to turn her family into a real bunch of blood suckers. 

For those who have not or do not want to watch the Saturday episode----

MS decided to quit her job because it would be no use being successful if she lost her daughter. SJ was absolutely furious, after all they went through to put her through college. Then she found out about DB. Later SJ collapsed, not sure when exactly, I skipped a bit :grimace:. Uncle called JB and then she was treated a VIP at his father's hospital. More of SJ trying to marry MH off to JB, more of her so cute moments with WJ, I skipped all those. Later he proposed, someone already described that. The writer wishes she has someone like JB at her beck and call - has to be or who would spend screen time on such?

MR did her pregnancy test. Came home and was met by a snarling HM.  Her brother found out 'the secret' from IS' mother. TJ came in and caught what was being said. Told her the old woman had Alzheimer, that deflated HM. Back in their room MR asked for TJ to divorce her and he replied it was his call. Next scene TJ met his father who railed against IS. We learned IS - devoted mother she was- ODed when she was not allowed to bring MR, Chairman paid her family a lot of money to send her off to the US. Now we know her scummy family did all the abandoning stuff. But how does the writer explain that IS was the one who gave the money to SJ? IS was shown wading into the sea after we saw flashbacks.

End of MR story. MS and MH story bore me, sorry someone else can recap it.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

MS decided to quit her job because it would be no use being successful if she lost her daughter. SJ was absolutely furious, after all they went through to put her through college.

I understand Sun Ja. She put an effort to send her daughter to university and now she wants to quit her job because she can`t be a mom and a career woman in the same time. Of course it is hard to raise a child but so many women are doing it just fine. Mi Sun was unlucky with the second babysitter. I feel that the writer exagerated with her flaws to create conflict for Mi Sun. I am disappointed with Mi Sun`s decision but it is up to her. In the end it is a good thing that she will spend more time with her daughter but let see if that was a good solution, let see how things will go from here for their family. It was already hard with two salaries. 

3 hours ago, maribella said:

We learned IS - devoted mother she was- ODed when she was not allowed to bring MR, Chairman paid her family a lot of money to send her off to the US. Now we know her scummy family did all the abandoning stuff. But how does the writer explain that IS was the one who gave the money to SJ?

I hope In Sook is alright but I am really disapointed in her story.

The writer gave us a scene where Sun Ja and In sook talked how it would have been better if they would raised her daughters together (after they lost their husbands), to help each other, and In Sook said how important was to have money, that she would not chose a life like that. 

Now we heard from the Chairman Han how she took some pills that she could not live without her daughter.

Something is still not right in the story. For the writer to excuse some behavior from the past, she has to put the blame in someone else`s back. The Chairman was made the fools of all heartless fools.

He nonchalantly explained how he did not allowed a six years old girl to come to his family because he will not want to messed up the family tree. What? It doesn`t make any sense because he accepted a divorced woman marrying his brother, he did not have to put the girl in their family register. Chariman Han lamented how much money he did spend to give it to In Sook`s family to send a girl to US. Where to US? He knew all right that he gave them more money all these time to useless human being. Why not aranged himself, with a lawyer, the adoption from the beginning? Why not let the girl stay without spending a dime? Is this a man who is running a conglomerate? Please! :phew:  Al right, Chairman Han is the guilty one and In Sook a the poor victim. I hope the writer will make In Sook grow a spine and be useful to her "children" not worrying them all the time. I hope she will get back her peace of mind. She needs support now. I really hope she came to her senses and get out of the water.

I am disappointed in the current Mi Ri`s story as well. Knowing well that she is pregnant she decided that she has to disapear from Tae Joo`s life because the tragedy she brings. :phew: "Noble" idiocy trop. What a conflict! Na Hye Mi is telling her that she made a crime being In Sook`s biological daughter, because they wanted to con the family. What? She has any other evidence of that, except the BIG secret revealed? Now Mi Ri has to hide with her family until TJ will try to resolve it because... what Chairman would do to her when he finds out the truth? What crime did she commit, again?  :crazy: I will not vent about this story anymore. I`ve gave up already. I don`t like what the writer is doing with this story or characters and I will ignore all the annoying things until this nonsense is over.

About Mi Hye and Woo Jin`s story? .....I have nothing to say. I wish them a drama free relationship.

Now I will continue to watch this drama without any thought about anything... 13 episodes to go/ another 6 weeks and I am free!!!!!:D

Is this coffee truck photo current? Judging from her hair length vs what we are watching now (ep 83), ep 83 could be filmed a month ago at least. Does anyone know whether the filming has finished? Just curious what is the gap between filming and broadcast.

1 hour ago, larus said:

Now we heard from the Chairman Han how she took some pills that she could not live without her daughter.

Something is still not right in the story. For the writer to excuse some behavior from the past, she has to put the blame in someone else`s back. The Chairman was made the fools of all heartless fools.

The writer did not jot down what she did many episodes ago, has to be. IS gave the money to SJ to send MR to the US, we were told of that many times. So how did the old coot get involved with this or the Joen leeches for that matter? Tonight, We will see how much MR can help TJ, after all she married him to give him protection. Oh really? She is bailing out at the first sign.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

Is this coffee truck photo current? Judging from her hair length vs what we are watching now (ep 83), ep 83 could be filmed a month ago at least. Does anyone know whether the filming has finished? Just curious what is the gap between filming and broadcast.

I don`t think they have a month gap between filming and airing episodes. I say 2 weeks maximum.

Soyeon`s hair lenght in the photo is recent. I saw pictures from two days ago and she has the hair like that. 

55 minutes ago, maribella said:

So how did the old coot get involved with this or the Joen leeches for that matter? Tonight, We will see how much MR can help TJ, after all she married him to give him protection. Oh really? She is bailing out at the first sign.

In Sook gave Sun ja the money and she did not involved her good for nothing family but the fool chairman gave them the money to "get rid" of a six years old girl as well, to be send to US. Not only that, he gave them lots of money to keep him updated and they lied to him for so many years. :w00t::w00t:

He continued to let himself be fooled by lousy people because he was incapable to put his foot down when faces such people. And why sent a girl so far away? Why she could not be raised in South Korea? He thought that he had to isolate In Sook completly? If there was an adoption, why give In Sook`s family money for so many years? For what information? If was not an adoption, where she was supposted to be sent?

And now... after so many years, he will be angry that In Sook`s daughter is so close to him. She is his daughter in law. The irony of faith. :w00t: And why he is angy now with Mi Ri, his victim in all this? Because he is the bigest fool in the world? Just seing Chairman Han throwing temper tamtrums now is making me sick. I am glad that he finally knows the truth. I wish Mi Ri to stay in front of him with her head up, to look him straight in his eyes. Why she has to put her head down? It is too frustrating to watch all this.

And yeah... where is the brave woman who resolves any company crisis? She married TJ to protect him from Na Hye Mi and her brother but she can`t say a word in front of them now? She is too guilty like she commited a despicable crime?? And now that the crisis arrived (she knew this will come) she is running away? Ridiculous! She is doing what In Sook is doing. Wake me up when Mi Ri will stop this poor me stunt. Why the writer has to ruin her character in the end of the show?

What did I say? I say that I will not comment any further about this "crisis" storyline. :w00t:

The new OST

Mother of Mine OST part 11

Joo Hyun-mi is sining a new song for Mother of Mine named 'Lettering in the sunset'/` Sunset Letters` . It is a beautiful ballad.

201908110972799399_1.jpg

'Lettering in the sunset' is a song expressing the desire to reach out to the sunset by writing a letter of longing and sorrow for unforgettable love.

This OST was born with the delicate production of Kim Jong-cheol composer and music director Ant. The guitarist Lee Joon-hwa's exotic acoustic guitar playing and the loneliness of the melody add to the song's sadness. Joo Hyun-mi's singing power and expressive ability express the feelings of lyrics.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019081170544

Spoiler

Lyrics written by Kim Jong-Chang
Composed by Kim Jong Chul

Singer - Joo Hyun-mi

Lyrics

Sunset Letters

Evening red than flowers
I'm sweeping my shoulders
There's no place to stay
I call you

Remember me Remember me
My love sorrow sadness
Remember me Remember me
I can't say anything more than love

Evening red than flowers
Shaking me tired
My heart has lost its place to go
I call you

I will remember
Time with you
I will remember
Not even one sadness

Evening red than flowers
I care about my sick day
Find a place to stay
Even if I call you

On the lakeshore
Only the scent of gardenia
Morning star shining at the end of the night sky
Ask me
Ask me
Have your last prayer

(Google translate)

It looks like the lyrics are written by Kim Jong Chang. Is the PD the writer of these lyrics or it is a coincidence of names? It was a Google translation. We`ll see.

I might not like In Sook`s storyline but Choi Myoung-Gil always delivered in her role. The production chose well to release this song for In Sook`s scene.

2019.8.10 "Prettiest Daughter in the World" Photo taken by So-yeon`s fans
Source: Kim So Yeon DC Gallery

Spoiler

So, the picture is recent. We`ll see when Mi Ri will wear this suit. :D

I watched Live ep 83-84

I think I liked this episode for different reasons.

First, I am glad that In Sook is fine. I laughed when Chairman `Han`s men grabbed her and took out of the water. Just in time they came. Later In Sook talked with Chairman and I like that she told him some things. I did not undertood anything but he was not happy. Good.

I am so glad that Mi Ri decided to go to Chairman `s house to face the situation and not hide anymore. Yay! I am wake now! :w00t: It was good that she saw In Sook and followed her. Finally, she stopped her biological mother to jump from the bridge. They hugged and cry. They both needed that moment. 

I don`t know what we`ll happen next but I don`t think they will support Chairman Han`s unreasonable treatment anymore. I hope so. No matter what Han Jong Soo will do, they have to confront him. He is a coward with power.

Chairman Han sent some punks to destroy the restaurant of  In Sook`s brother. Geez. Be a man, Han Jong-Soo! What a cheap revenge!

Second... Jae Bum is leaving.:D Sorry, Sun Ja, but he has to go for our sake. He could come back to you later when his obssesion over Mi Hye is over.

In have to watch with subtitle to understand better.

Preview ep 85-86

I can`t stand to see In Sook`s brother anymore. Please, show, spare me!

The actor playing Jae Bum made me laugh a couple of times. Too bad the writer did not do something else with his character.

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I watched Live ep 83-84

I think I liked this episode for different reasons.

Chairman Han sent some punks to destroy the restaurant of  In Sook`s brother. Geez. Be a man, Han Jong-Soo! What a cheap revenge!

In have to watch with subtitle to understand better.

Me too.  I liked it because things are getting resolved.  Good that NHM told that KMR is IS daughter.  Have waited for this moment since ep. 6 (I think!).   JB - Goodbye -  Find someone who loves you as much as you love her.  It was funny to see TJ dad sending the goons.  If he wanted revenge, he could have done better than throwing things in a restaurant for all to see.  

Looks like from the preview, MR is getting divorced?  TJ knows about the baby.  So, what will the chairman do now?  Keep them married or snatch MR child after it is born.  

Archived