[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I want Mi Ri and Tae Joo out of Han mansion ASAP. It is not good for them.

Another prove?

They are losing appetite when Chairman Han and the other family are eating very well.

tumblr_pu5glgZYhw1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_pu5glgZYhw1sdd1ivo2_1280.png

Another picture on the collection "While the others are eating well".

tumblr_pu5glgZYhw1sdd1ivo3_r1_540.png

I don`t want to see Mi Ri in snowdrop`s position in front of them.

I will borrow Sun Ja`s advice to Woo Jin.

tumblr_pu5glgZYhw1sdd1ivo4_r1_540.png

They should be grateful that Mi Ri is keeping Hansung Apparel on the right track.

Mi Sun quitting her job? NO NO No. Mi Sun`s sunbae is having three kids and It looks like she is managing her life just fine. Take an exemple, Mi Sun!

Now that Sun ja is not an obstacle, Woo Jin woke up to life, who will make a conflict in the new couple relationship? That`s right. Jae Bum, again! Please, writer nim, find another plot device.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, larus said:

Now that Sun ja is not an obstacle, Woo Jin woke up to life, who will make a conflict in the new couple relationship? That`s right. Jae Bum, again! Please, writer nim, find another plot device.

Amen. So tired of Jae Bum. Should have been written off already. Dude should have figured out a long time ago he was perpetually locked in the friend zone.

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Amen. So tired of Jae Bum. Should have been written off already. Dude should have figured out a long time ago he was perpetually locked in the friend zone.

I can`t even get mad at Jae Bum anymore. It is a problem when the writer make me see what she is doing and I can`t see the characters integrating naturally in the drama. (I hope I make sense).

Jae Bum already understood that he will always be a friend in Mi Hye`s life. We saw the scene where he even said that he understood why Mi Hye is loving Woo Jin, when he was consoling himself to the thought.  I always thought that Sun ja is seeing Jae Bum as the son she did not have. Jae Bum feels at home in Sun Ja`s home, he sees her as a mother. I think Jae Bum can be "angry" if someone (particularly a man) did something to Mi Hye (protecting her "honor".... let be lenient in this case:D...), behaving like the man of the house (I still can find an explanation about his behavior: it was another attempt of the writer to make the audience smile or to make Woo Jin react for a change) but to court her again? OMG... Someone has to give him a profesional counseling. I still hope the preview is misleading.

I don`t understand the writer. Instead of going in circles with her characters/plot she should have give us something meaningful. I would have like to see Jae Bum and Mi Hye  in a mutual understanding relationship, a beautiful friendship. It was always a platonic love between them anyway.

I really want to see the sister in scenes together more, meeting for a drink, talking about their problem. But no, the writer wants us to see the same thing again and again. When we think we got somewhere, we return to the same place.  :(

3 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t understand the writer. Instead of going in circles with her characters/plot she should have give us something meaningful.

Maybe that is what is frustrating about this drama. It does seem to be going in circles instead of introducing new story lines.

Even bringing in PYT (pretty young thing) as the old codger's wife is getting old. That story line is going in circles as well.

setting aside issue of them not telling TJ the truth before the marriage.  He was told.  No, he was begged to let the issue drop and not search for IS daughter.  He went charging here and there like a stupid bull.  he wanted to know who her daughter is because he imagined he will be like some kind of superhero revealing the truth to poor suffering IS.  He decided he knew why she was miserable and what he can do about it.   On top of discovering that they kept secrets from him, his hero complex took a beating!  

1 hour ago, larus said:

omeone (particularly a man) did something to Mi Hye (protecting her "honor".... let be lenient in this case:D...), behaving like the man of the house (I still can find an explanation about his behavior: it was another attempt of the writer to make the audience smile or to make Woo Jin react for a change) but to court her again? OMG... Someone has to give him a profesional counseling. I still hope the preview is misleading.

Maybe it's the writer who needs counselling? A successful writer from a good family ( ultra important in KD) and nicely tubby (  :D no beer belly) is not going to hang around MH for 9 years or more. Don't you need something in the head and the heart to write well-received scripts? Maybe if he writes gaming softwares and MH writes anime, I could appreciate their characters.  I second all the suggestions to get rid of JB, send JB to the US or somewhere and Peter too, now that WJ has opened his heart to MH, there is no need for a third party to give him advice or snitch on him. 

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Maybe that is what is frustrating about this drama. It does seem to be going in circles instead of introducing new story lines.

Even bringing in PYT (pretty young thing) as the old codger's wife is getting old. That story line is going in circles as well.

It is exactly what I think it is wrong with her writing. I am not an expert, I say it how I feel/ observe. The writer is doing some things right too but I don`t think she prepared enough content for a 50 episodes drama. She had just one major conflict who wasn`t that big to begin with.

What I think about bringing Na Hye Mi and her brother? It was a lame attempt to buy time. The writer dragged the secret to be revealed later and those antagonist characters should have brought more tension to the story but ... they did not. We were already saturated by In Sook`s secret and it is not a big deal anyway. More than that, everyone knew about the daughter (except TJ) and that she was abandoned. With or without these characters, Tae Joo would have been upset that he was the only  one who was kept in the dark. He and his wife would have resolved this problem by themselves.

Na Hye Mi and her brother`s rearch for the daughter and revelation to the Chairman about the secret is laughable.  Imagine if the daughter was not Mi Ri. :D

I know that the writer intents to make it a big issue and lots of characters believe it is, but for me this secret doesn`t bring such a big conflict. I have to pretend to buy what the writer is trying to sell, and it is hard.

Since Na Hye Mi, her son,  her brother don`t have anything else to do, I think the storyline with Tae Ho`s paternity would be much better.  I usually  don`t like this soap opera plot but this time I will welcome it. :lol:

Why bring Woo Jin`s wife in Korea for one, two days? She realised that she did not have any chance with her ex and she told Mi Hye that Woo Jin likes her in two, three scenes. What I was thinking? How many hours has the flight from US to Korea? It was worth her effort to travel?  :D

I stop here about Woo Jin, Jae Bum and  Hye Mi`s storyline. I don`t ever start about Mi Sun`s storyline. Her father in law had a better development than anybody else.

We vent a little but we don`t hate the drama. At least, I don`t dislike it. Just that we feel disappointed that it had potential to be something more. I still watch the drama and I don`t have to struggle to watch it but I  have started the countdown already.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I second all the suggestions to get rid of JB, send JB to the US or somewhere and Peter too, now that WJ has opened his heart to MH, there is no need for a third party to give him advice or snitch on him. 

What? Peter too? He needs him to say a few lines or to organize Mi Hye`s book launch. We won`t see only new couple bliss for 20 episodes. You are too optimistic. :D

3 hours ago, fanofr said:

No, he was begged to let the issue drop and not search for IS daughter.  He went charging here and there like a stupid bull.  he wanted to know who her daughter is because he imagined he will be like some kind of superhero revealing the truth to poor suffering IS. 

Yes, he insisted to know and now he knows.

I think majority of people would have insisted to know. It is just the human nature. Tell them they should not seek something they will do the opposite. I don`t think he did a bad thing. I am glad Tae Joo knows the truth. He just has to deal with this truth like a grow up man.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:59 AM, larus said:

I will borrow Sun Ja`s advice to Woo Jin.

I was thinking the same thing.
SunJa said to WooJin that he shouldn't behave like he was guilty and keeping his head down, the same advice goes to MiRi. The two of them are so alikes, feeling guilty because of past things, always trying to run away  instead of fighting for what they love. MiRi should have a little bit of MiHye's fighting spirit, of her determination, but not in that childish way.
MiRi should be more confident about herself in her private life, as a person and as a woman too.

2 hours ago, denise_b said:

I was thinking the same thing.
SunJa said to WooJin that he shouldn't behave like he was guilty and keeping his head down, the same advice goes to MiRi. The two of them are so alikes, feeling guilty because of past things, always trying to run away  instead of fighting for what they love. MiRi should have a little bit of MiHye's fighting spirit, of her determination, but not in that childish way.
MiRi should be more confident about herself in her private life, as a person and as a woman to.

I agree. Mi Ri and Woo Jin are similar. They were emotionally wounded and keep inside their pain.

How much it took Woo Jin to open up about his feelings! Mi Ri was more brave.

I want Mi Ri to be confident about herself, to loves herself more, to demand happiness for herself too.  I want her to believe that she deserves to be happy, that she is a good wife and she will be a great mom too. Because she really is.  It is what I want to see for the upcoming episodes. She did a few steps on the right direction (she open up her heart and accepted Tae Joo`s love, when she spoke about her fears and worries) but I am curious if the writer will make our wishes come true.

I think Sun Ja is like a mother to all the wounded ones, first was Tae Joo who came to her crying, then Woo Jin who in the end was so touched that almost cried as well, not to mention that for Jae Bum she is the caring mother he never had.

I think she accepted Woo Jin in the end, more because she realized that he is an honest, honorable man who loves her daughter even if he didn't say it, and wants the best for her.  Of course Sun Ja realized that Mi Hye was serious about her feelings for Woo Jin, and this time it's not just her whim, but I don't think that she was convinced by Mi Hye's childish ways of fighting.

It is regrettable that they keep  Jae Bum character in this pathetic state, maybe until the end. In the fighting scene he was behaving like a bull in a porcelain store, and the things he said were truly mind blowing. Now Sun Ja is his mother-in-law, and Woo Jin couldn't possibly win against him in a family vote? It is ridiculous, this is not an election, and a relationship is not based on a family vote, maybe they were his only hope to convince Mi Hye to accept him.

I'd like to know what Mi Sun would do with three kids having to raise them alone like her mother did? 
Anyway her mother-in-law was funny, she went straight to the action by pulling the hair of the so called babysitter. First Sun Ja pulling In Suk's hair, now the mother-in-law, these ladies are like lionesses defending their cubs with fangs and claws.

9 hours ago, larus said:

Since Na Hye Mi, her son,  her brother don`t have anything else to do, I think the storyline with Tae Ho`s paternity would be much better.  I usually  don`t like this soap opera plot but this time I will welcome it. :lol:

I brought this up as soon as they introduced her character on the show. Please let this happen. Let TJ and MR have the presence of mind to dig into HM's dirt because I am sure there is plenty. Imagine the scandal of the chairman supporting a woman with whole other baby daddy. :joy:

This drama has not been doing much of the appealing especially the recent ep, almost surrounded by the birth secret. However, this is a women-centric drama, and thus the storyline is focus more on the women strengths and weaknesses start from the beginning. All the men and children roles would stand on the sidelines in this drama.

How will you know how strong you are unless your strength is tested? When this is being challenged to wake up, then a woman will turn inside to gather her resources and untapped her reserves of strength and skill to make it happen, she will be amazed by her own brightness, stronger than she ever suspected. All the mothers and daughters had put on test in the story and I am sure the writer will continue give them challenges in life to resolve all the issues. This is just a soap operas drama that made us feel annoying and disappointing. But in life, aren't we (whether you are young, single, married or a mother) put on test on everyday to unleash our strength and skills? I hope writer gives MR a chance to showcase and unleash her power and strength until the end....:) Go for it, women

6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I hope writer gives MR a chance to showcase or unleash her power and strength until the end....:) Go for it, women

I really hope this will happen. Then the writer will do the right thing.

I want to talk about the actress playing In Sook`s mother. Her name is Park Seung Tae and I saw her in supporting roles in a couple of dramas but I think I will remember her role in drama Mother of Mine from now on..

She is doing a good job, portraying a greedy woman to the extreme. In Sook`s mother is grotesque. The greed dehumanized her.

For a woman who has moments of lucidity (like the doctors said) her brain connected the dots just fine. She realised on her own that Mi Ri is SeungYeon. :lol:

Now we have pictures with  SoYeon and Jong Hyun, thanking the D.C Gallery fans for the coffee truck they sent on set of Mother of Mine.

Spoiler

Minah sent a coffee truck to for mer costar Hong Jong hyun .

Spoiler

Archived