[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

51 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Looks like MRs life became more interesting since TJ came. :D

I love their scenes. :wub:

They are both honest and straightforward.

We found out in the last episode that Tae Joo is 32. Mi Ri is 34 so the age is not an issue.

I like that their relationship is built little by little. When they were drinking with the team, he noticed her drinking sad just like the other people. Those little interaction is making them interested in each other. I like how Tae Joo said what is his opinion about the new job. It was not meant to be a criticism about the management, it was just his observation from someone with a fresh view. So far, they are just noticing each other from afar. They have to spend time outside work to discover new things about the other.

We`ll discover Tae Joo along with Mi Ri.  He is dilligent, frank. If he is a match to Mi Ri, he has to be a strong man as well, inteligent, straightforward. We did not see all of him.

I like Mi Ri`s team except for Assistant Manager Park. What is he doing? He gossiped the new information with the whole team without knowing for sure what was about? :angry:

Mi Ri and Jeon In sook. Mi Ri is the only woman as the head of the departement and In Sook is the president. I am rooting for them.

After watching with subtitles, I find Ha Mi-Ok insupportable. Thank God that her husband is telling her some truth.

She just said that Park Sun Ja and Mi sun has to be thankful to her that she gave them her son? :w00t:  What a joke. Mi Sun, send him packing, please! Take "the treasure" back, lady!

Mi Hye and Woo jin`s scene funny. "Who are you?" :lol:

Bang Jae-Beom must have been really hurt that he came back after so many years just to brag about the award in front of Mi Hye.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Hae Sook greeting

Drama fashion

Spoiler

Mi Sun`s boss  likes japchae. He was little jelous of her that she is eating that food. :D

I think I like it too. It looks delicious.

japchae-11.jpg

Watching this at the moment and 12 minutes into the drama and I'm like thank goodness for Mothers.  What will we do without our mothers, huh?  Realistic in that even when your married and you have work you have kids.. still we rely on them. She still gives something to Mi Sun and does all the chores in the morning and helps her out.  Okay back to the drama.

3 hours ago, jongski said:

Watching this at the moment and 12 minutes into the drama and I'm like thank goodness for Mothers.  What will we do without our mothers, huh?  Realistic in that even when your married and you have work you have kids.. still we rely on them. She still gives something to Mi Sun and does all the chores in the morning and helps her out.  Okay back to the drama.

There are a lots of typology of women in this drama but Park sun ja, as a mother, is warming our heart. I love the relationship between mother and daughters. We can tell how much Park Sun ja is loving her daughters. No matter how hard it is for her, she wants to help her daughters, she suffers with them. I really thought of my mother watching this drama.

In the last episode, Park Sun ja is nagging her youngest daughter. We can tell that she loves her. When Mi Hye, taggering, is walking out of door saying that she will leave home, Sun Ja is smiling and said to her "come back when you have three kids". :D

My first time to join in a convo! 

Ok, I know this kind of treatment from inlaws are not only happening in Korea. However, I take it, this is a norm there? Why do most Korean drama portray this kind of meanness especially from mother in laws? I know there are far greater amazing and brave women in Korea. Pls, women, sisters, aunts, mothers, DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TREAT YOU LIKE YOU'RE NOTHING BUT AN ACCESSORY. I hate that she's letting her mother in law treat her mother who went above and beyond to help her. All children, at some point in their lives get hurt, it's nobody's fault. Unless someone purposely hurt the child. That's a totally different story. 

I love this drama because it definitely mirrors all sacrifices women have to make for her family. Also, this drama gets me ticked off very badly because of the mother in law. Someone pls put her in her right place! 

@Chikadora Your first soompi post. Welcome. You pick a good one.  If I can just teleport inside the screen and put that mother in law in her right place!

45 minutes ago, larus said:

There are a lots of typology of women in this drama but Park sun ja, as a mother, is warming our heart. I love the relationship between mother and daughters. We can tell how much Park Sun ja is loving her daughters. No matter how hard it is for her, she wants to help his daughters, she suffers with them. I really thought of my mother watching this drama.

In the last episode, Park Sun ja is nagging her youngest daughter. We can tell that she loves her. When Mi Hye, taggering, is walking out of door saying that she will leave home, Sun Ja is smiling and said to her "come back when you have three kids". :D

@larus   Park Sun Ja is like  the mom  we want to have.  And OMG I'm not alone.. same here.  After watching all episodes I also remember my mom. Like no matter  how she's also busy with her work but once we need something she's there.  She makes the food and all. She's also same with my sister's children.  Looks out for them . Also she once said to my sister,  you're married don't ask anything (financially) but  hey,  when my sister comes and needs something she gives.

I'm happy to be watching this.  I like watching Kim So Yeon too. MR  biological mother is the now the president of Hansung apparel. She married the chairman when the wife died and joined his family and the company.  The scene when they were showing news clip of the new President saying she has been approve after 28 years as she successly managed the Hansug apparels.

So Tae Joo  will be  the heir of Hansung group. I think.  I want MR and TJ to be a couple.  I know I said I'm not for noona romance but but I like them and the age difference doesn't feel  off (unlined in other dramas).  I like them to be more than something in this drama. I like their scenes.  I actually said omg with hands on my mouth first time they met and bumped in to each other. :wub:

3 hours ago, Chikadora said:

My first time to join in a convo!  

Welcome to Sopompi and "Mother of Mine" thread! I am glad that you decided to joined us! Have a good time here!

Ok, I know this kind of treatment from inlaws are not only happening in Korea. However, I take it, this is a norm there? Why do most Korean drama portray this kind of meanness especially from mother in laws? I know there are far greater amazing and brave women in Korea. Pls, women, sisters, aunts, mothers, DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TREAT YOU LIKE YOU'RE NOTHING BUT AN ACCESSORY.

Yeah, sometime the relationship between daughter in laws and mother in laws are not that great everywhere but I think depends on the people individually. I am sure there are cases where they are in good relationship.

It is a drama so everything is overdramatic. But there are a bit of truth in all those dramas. I just wonder why the situation about daughter in laws/ women in general is the same in modern time like it was used to be in the past.  Daughters-in-law find themselves pressured to take care of family members, cooking and preparing meals for the family members. The women today have jobs but there is still the expectation that they do the house chores while  the men sit in front of the TV.  I think the problems is with the patriarchal society.

The mother in laws were the daughter in laws in their youth. Why they treat another woman like that?

When I saw Ha Mi Ok who thinks her son is extraordinary just because he is a man, my blood is boiling. He is nothing but a childish man, who expect to be taking care of by his wife. Why Ha Mi Ok raised her son to be like that?In this drama, Jung Dae-Cheol, Ha Mi Ok`s husband  is a reasonable man. He should have educated his son to be responsable man too.

I assumed Mi sun married Jung Jin-Soo becasue he had some qualities. I don`t think he is a bad man at heart, but he is a mamma boy, a spoiled man and he behaves how he was raised by his parents. I am glad Mi Sun is nagging him, and tells him what she doesn`t like about his behavior. I hope he will grow up and he will start to change his behavior, to  help his wife who is so overworked. 

Also, this drama gets me ticked off very badly because of the mother in law. Someone pls put her in her right place!

I am glad her husband is putting her in the right place. Park Sun ja is telling her off. But I want Mi Sun to talk to her sincerely and told her when she can`t do what she wants.

I was looking at Ha Mi Ok closely. Before the drama started I thought that she is not a typical overbearing mother in law. I subestimated her. :D I thought that wanting to live her life at her age was a good thing. But she is selfish. She can manipulate Mi Sun very well to make her feel bad when she did not do anything wrong (when she left to buy the food from the store). Sometimes she make me laugh because she is so shallow. When she lied to her friends to show off. It is a competition between them. If one son is in US, her son has to be working overseas too. In Island:w00t:

How I like when her husband told her that Park Sun Ja is a better woman than her when she critised Sun Ja about her clothes. 

I don`t have hopes that she will change but we`ll see.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Park Sun Ja is like  the mom  we want to have.  And OMG I'm not alone.. same here.  After watching all episodes I also remember my mom. Like no matter  how she's also busy with her work but once we need something she's there.  She makes the food and all. She's also same with my sister's children.  Looks out for them . Also she once said to my sister,  you're married don't ask anything (financially) but  hey,  when my sister comes and needs something she gives.

Same. I think she is like every mother of everywhere. Most of them. The good ones. :D

I'm happy to be watching this.  I like watching Kim So Yeon too. MR  biological mother is the now the president of Hansung apparel. She married the chairman when the wife died and joined his family and the company.  The scene when they were showing news clip of the new President saying she has been approve after 28 years as she successly managed the Hansug apparels.

I am glad that you decided to watch this.  I think In Sook married a president of Hansung group not the CEO. The chairman is Han Jong Soo, Tae Joo`s father. I think she married his younger brother. I suspect that president Han Sung Soo, who died recently was her husband, the one who managed Hansung Apparels in the past. In sook managed succesfully another Hasung company and now she was given Hansung Apparel and is working in the same company as Mi Ri. :D In sook likes that Mi Ri is an executive woman in the company and she hopes that they will cooperate well but Mi ri is keeping her at distance. It is funny how Mi ri is showing interest in her but she tries to hide it. 

So Tae Joo  will be  the heir of Hansung group. I think.  I want MR and TJ to be a couple.  I know I said I'm not for noona romance but but I like them and the age difference doesn't feel  off (unlined in other dramas).  I like them to be more than something in this drama. I like their scenes.  I actually said omg with hands on my mouth first time they met and bumped in to each other.

Tae Joo is the youngest son but he is definitely one of the heirs of Hansung Group. I like that he is working his way to the top.  He is starting from the bottom. He is living by himself. I can`t wait to watch his relationship with his father and with In Sook.

I am not a noona romance fan per se but I can`t say no to them either. I have to watch it to see if I like it or not. About his relationship with Mi Ri, I am curious to see how they will develop romantic feelings for each other. I mean, I have a clue how, but I want to see it onscreen.  Working together as an employee and a boss makes things a little difficult but no one can stop the feelings in their heart. :P

I know that some people find Soyeon`s strong facial features mature for their taste, but she is a gorgeous woman. I think she and Hong Jong Hyun will make a good couple onscreen. I like them together too.

My daughter, the most beautiful in the world 'campaign

2019032710240189052-540x285.jpg

The KBS2 weekend drama 'My daughter, the most beautiful in the world' actors gathered in the campaign for pregnant women.

'My daughter, the most beautiful girl in the world' participated in a campaign to concede seats to pregnant women in the subway by working with Seoul Metropolitan Subway Line 9 Co.,

The campaign, which started on the 23rd, will feature videos and posters of expectant mothers' campaigns with the actresses of the 'Beautiful Daughters of the World' in the LCD video and platform security for about a month.

https://www.hankyung.com/article/2019032799404

"Mother of Mine" Yoo Sun Highlights the Struggles of a Working Mother

photo1046574.jpg

The KBS weekend drama "Mother of Mine" actress Yoo Sun and her tears moved viewers.

Yoo Sun plays the role of Kang Mi-seon, a working mom who struggles to balance housework, childcare, and a difficult job. On the third and fourth episodes of "Mother of Mine" on the 24th, Yoo Sun broke down when her own mother Park Seon-ja (Kim Hae-sook) who was helping her with the weight on her shoulder, was insulted by her mother-in-law Ha Mi-ok (Park Jung-soo).

Kang Mi-seon had asked her mother for help in preparing her mother-in-law's special dinner to celebrate her 'hole-in-one' with her friends. Park Sun-ja offered to make the dish her in-law asked for and also offered to bring her granddaughter Da-bin (Joo Ye-rim) home from school. However, Kang Mi-seon's superior heard Kang Mi-seon on the phone and started picking on her. As a result, the whole team laughed at her and Kang Mi-seon had a terrible day at school.

Kang Mi-seon headed straight for her mother-in-law's house to cook dinner as ordered. Her mother Park Seon-ja came soon after and handed her the food she'd prepared and dropped off Da-bin. When Ha Mi-ok's friends were impressed that Park Seon-ja even made Kimchi for Ha Mi-ok, she said making kimchi was no big deal compared to herself giving her her well-off son for a son-in-law.

The next day, despite Kang Mi-seon's struggles, mother-in-law Ha Mi-ok scolded her for her actions and Kang Mi-seon apologized. Just then, Park Seon-ja came running home with Da-bin in her arms because she'd fallen from the swing. Ha Mi-ok yelled at Park Seon-ja for not keeping an eye on the child and Kang Mi-seon started crying tears of anger and regret for her mother. However, started yelling at her mom saying, "What's wrong with you mom? Why can't you keep an eye on her!"

more https://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-mother-of-mine-yoo-sun-highlights-the-struggles-of-a-working-mother-127956.html

Drama Fashion

Spoiler

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

The weekend is coming! :D I think Mi Hye finds out that Kim Woo Jin`s father died and she will go to visit his urn at the Columbarium. That is the moment from the preview where she is crying and saying she can`t write anymore.

I'm waiting weekend already. The fact that I'm excited top watch ep 3-4 says a lot how I feel about this drama. More TJ and MR scenes!  I think they're my fav couple for now. I like their characters TJ  polite quiet well mannered good breeding and all that but if he has something to say,  he never hesitates but says it  in a way MR will not be offended with the shirt incident plus how he think of his job. MR is like doting aunt. The good daughter and sister,  she's successful and smart. But  she hides her emotional pain too. And I want her and TJ to just lean on each other. Yeah with just two episodes, I thought of that already. I like them.

@larus does JS know that MR is her daughter?

1 hour ago, jongski said:

I like their characters TJ  polite quiet well mannered good breeding and all that but if he has something to say,  he never hesitates but says it  in a way MR will not be offended with the shirt incident plus how he think of his job. MR is like doting aunt. The good daughter and sister,  she's successful and smart. But  she hides her emotional pain too. And I want her and TJ to just lean on each other.

He is polite and he is not like a typical chaebol. He started with part-time jobs, he is living in an average appartement. He doesn`t use his father`s money, he wants to earn them himself.Tae Joo has a solid education, he is not spoiled at all. He is considerate too. Yeah... perfect man. ;)  I like that he did not say to Mi Ri what the other teammates really thought about them, to not embarass her.

I wish to see Tae Joo courting Mi Ri one day. For that he has to be more daring. But I bet they will start to feel atraction for eack other and, after a drunken night, they will act upon their feeling. It became a trop. Maybe it is not the case, maybe the writer will surprise me. :D

1 hour ago, jongski said:

does JS know that MR is her daughter?

She heard about Kang Mi ri in the company but I don`t think she knowsthat she is her biological daughter. Now, how Mi ri knows about her, that`s the question.

I want to see the scene in the next episode where Ji Sook is asking Mi ri a personal question (if she has a boyfriend). :w00t: Why she will do that? We`ll know more about Ji Sook in the upcoming episodes.

Cast messages from the press conference

Spoiler

Couple actors Ha Hee-ra and Choi Soo jong sent coffee truck to the set of Mother of Mine for PD Kim Jong-chang .

Stills

74325_155178_3619.jpeg

Kang Mi-sun, who has suffered all day from morning to evening, suddenly deviates and focuses attention of viewers. On the picture, she is caught in a relationship with her colleagues.

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=74325#09Pr

[HanCinema's News] Screenwriter Jo Jeong-seon Opens Up About "Mother of Mine"

by William Schwartz on 2019/03/28 at 22:01 PST

fullsizephoto1047563.jpg

The screenwriter of "Mother of Mine", Jo Jeong-seon, has been talking about the characters she writes. The drama has already hit 28.2% ratings in its first week on the strength of its mother/daughter centered drama.

Jo Jeong-seon talks about how important it is for actresses to be able to grasp good direction. She is grateful to lead actress Kim Hae-sook and her long career. The seasoned actress has a strong image of being respectful and well-liked, which she has put to good use on the set.

Jo Jeong-seon describes Yoo Sun, who plays Mi-ri, the beloved daughter of the family, as being an actress in her own image. She's analytical, judgmental, and expresses herself excellently. When in the role, she doesn't think of other actors.

Mi-ri's personality is that she's extremely cold at work, but very warm with her mother. Jo Jeong-seon praised Kim So yeon's dedication to the role, noting her effective ability to sharply transition between the two personalities. Jo Jeong-seon is very pleased with her work.

Lastly, Jo Jeong-seon talked about Mi-hye, played by Kim Ha-kyungJo Jeong-seon says this role was the most difficult to cast and that she and director Kim Jong-chan deliberated for a long time on the subject. Mi-hye is the most like Jo Jeong-seon personally- she's whimsical and pure-hearted. A fresh actress was necessary for the role and when Kim Ha-kyung auditioned, they felt it was like destiny.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-screenwriter-jo-jeong-seon-opens-up-about-mother-of-mine-128092.html

60077_21239_4120.jpg

Little Smart sponsored the entire kindergarten to be worn by kindergarten children attending Jeongdabin (Jeoryeong), the only daughter of the first daughter of the drama. Q-mark, KC mark, etc., and it combines sophisticated color and neat design to reveal the original concept of a kindergarten in which only one daughter in the drama plays. In addition, 3D stereoscopic pattern was applied to the original coat, so that a lot of active children can work on various shooting without inconvenience.

It is expected that the features and benefits of Little Smart will be revealed naturally through the bright and vigorously acting drama of children in kindergarten suits.

http://www.itnk.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=60077

Stills

Sisters showdown

Spoiler

1VGSGZW9MH_1.jpg

It is not uncommon for the three sisters to face each other through Kang Mi-hye, who shrinks as much as she can, and Kang Mi-sun, who fires her eyes filled with resentment.

So what is the reason why Kangmiri is angry and what is the result of the dispute of the three sisters is waiting for the broadcast.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VGSGZW9MH

Hong Jong Hyun BTS

Spoiler

What the! I just finished the raw  don't even understand the dialogues and I'm squealing over TJ and MR  :love:

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Omo...these two, TJ and MR...sparkly...

Looks like TJ is the only one that can leave MR speechless. :D

TJ and MR is my fav right now!

Archived