Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

10 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I just don't see why JB is even in contention for marriage to anybody right now. No, it isn't because of his weight, it's because he is such a simpleton. There is nothing upstanding about a man who will blindly follow behind someone and become their doormat to try and win their affection. It's like the uncle told him, once he started being MH's flunkie, it was impossible for her to see him any other way. It's pathetic really because for someone like him to be the son of two successful wealthy parents and then for him to go off and become successful himself and still be a flunkie just doesn't make sense. The uncle also noted this when he said that JB doesn't carry himself like a man who comes from wealth. JB is neglected. That is why he is ALWAYS hanging around MH and her family because that is what he doesn't have.

In a way I feel sorry for Jae Bum because as I`ve already noticed (even without knowing that he is from a wealthy family) that he is clinging on a family rather than a lover. He was neglected as a child and he grew up with a low self esteem.

He knows that Mi Hye is not considering him a potential boyfriend (she doesn`t look at him as a man) but he continues to hope. When i saw him cleaning Mi Hye`s room or house, I wanted to slap him to wake up.

He was treated badly in the past by Mi Hye (like he was her personal servant). When he became a succesful screenwriter, he was the one who broke up with her because of that. Like a child who wants to show off in front of the other kid. He sure had girl that admired him because of his wealth or success but he was stuck on Mi Hye, his first love/crush. He did not forget her. 

He should realised by now that he deserves better than what he has received in the relationship with Mi Hye.

Again, I came back to talk about writing. I know that Jae Bum is a side character, but to let him be stuck as the 'jelous boyfriend" without seeing a little gowth in his character is bad`. The writer doesn`t treat better her main characters let alone side characters.

I think it would have been better if the writer has allowed Mi Hye to have a serious relationship in the past. The "love triangle" would have had substance. What we have now? Mi Hye falls in love for the first time with a man and her ex "boyfriend" stalking them. Jae Bum is not really an impediment for the new couple, he is like an annoying fly. Peter`s sole meaning in the show is to ask his friend if he is feeling something for Mi Hye. Woo Jin `s ex came to Korea and she left the next day realising his ex loves his new writer.

I wish the writer will get them out of the publishing set. Let Mi Hye and Woo Jin to date, to go out, exploring their relationship.

What Jae Bum and Peter will do on the show when their friends will become a couple?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, larus said:

What Jae Bum and Peter will do on the show when their friends will become a couple

I am sorely tempted but I shall refrain from saying it.

I decided not to watch it until next month but I can't work cause my laptop is playing up, workstation struck by lightning, Tab is out of date.... to make a long story I watched the last few episodes. Aren't MS  and MH with their supporting characters comedic enough that they have to make SJ do the ridiculous husband hunting routine? I am sure self respecting Korean families will pay a professional to do it. The writer seems so desperate for a laugh.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, maribella said:

The writer seems so desperate for a laugh.

The writer is desperate to find something for her characters to do. She has almost 30 episodes to fill and she used all her ideas/tricks.

I can imagine already how the characters will react when In Sook`s secret will be revealed and we all know that it is nothing to be so upset about it. This is an issue to be resolved in one episode. :w00t:

Or we could imagine how happy will be Jin soo when he will reunite with his bike.:D

If Mi Ok will not find out this week that her husband is a taxi driver I don`t know when it is the next opportunity. Why it is a secret? :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

The writer still can throw up surprises. Did we expect chairman to order the marriage of MR and TJ and hasten the whole process?

My main gripe with this drama is the excessive time devoted to IS who is such a flawed character. Whatever good reasons she had in abandoning MR, she was given a 2nd chance when they reunited to make it up to MR.  But all she could do is to make MR leave to protect her own interest.

• Like 2

BTS

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=2019071
In the above article, about the preview, it said that  Han Tae-woo finally finds out that his wife Kang Myeong-Ri is a daughter of Jeon In-sook.
I personally don`t think he will find out but he will talk with Director Park so maybe it is true. If the writer will let Tae Joo find out now, I aplaude her. We`ll see.

I read some comments at KBS World You Tube Channel, and I see that people still liking this show. It was good to read the positive comments even when I don`t share their optimism/views. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Preview ep 71&72

I`ve not watched yet today episode but this scene is cute. 

• Like 3

How much longer with this drama? Its like a daily drama but twice a week!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

How much longer with this drama? Its like a daily drama but twice a week!

It`s loooong. Until  September 8. We`ll have another 30 episodes. OMG!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, larus said:

It`s loooong. Until  September 8. We`ll have another 30 episodes. OMG!

Lord have mercy! :scream:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Does anyone have the raw video link please? I am awake and curious about WJ and MH. But can't be bothered to watch the whole crying non- stop IS again. Gosh what a wet blanket of a mother. The whole lot of maternal relatives sounds like an emotional and financial drain.

I can't even find the raw episodes online. Nvm saw the preview. If MH is crying to WJ that and asking why they can't like each other that means tonight is a bust still.

Bye guys.

• Like 2

This week with another drama, that shall remain nameless, I discovered the concept of hate watching.  I hope I won't ever watch this drama that way.

• Like 3

The WJ scene was kind of touching.

However I want to slap the new Marketing manager. Nakasan hiring is one thing but the outright physical abuse and bullying is too much for me to handle. If so was Asst team leader Park I would post all this on SNS before resigning. It's making my blood boil.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hushhh said:

This week with another drama, that shall remain nameless, I discovered the concept of hate watching.  I hope I won't ever watch this drama that way.

what is the "concept of hate watching"?

• Like 2

I like the MR/MS scene, just like the earlier MR/DB phone call scene. 

These are emotional and touching. KSY's emotional scenes are really good. The PD/writer are good at inserting little episodes like these that will touch you.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, melissa_lee said:

what is the "concept of hate watching"?

(Hate watching:definition--noun

the activity of watching a television program for the sake of the enjoyment derived from mocking or criticizing it.

"it was the year that hate-watching became our national pastime")

1-I've never hate watched before. But I've investment so much time in that other  drama and it is so bad in an attempt to be  goodness knows what I can't give it up so I hate watch and lament the loss of so much potential.

2- I wouldn't post hate watch observations because it would ruin the drama for folks who still enjoy it.

• Like 3

Mother of Mine OST part 9

Sul Ha Yoon - Flowers bloom like the spring of my life

Spoiler

Lyrics Raw translation

The sun shines down.

Shaken like a reed

Life just looked at me

Somewhere

Young dreamy days

It is a long memory

Life has been pushed by time

Where am I now

My life, the years have passed

I have sorrow in the wind

Before the end of the day

The flowers bloom like the spring of my life.

Have a hard day

I can laugh now

My way through my breath

I'm going to rest now.

My life that sounded my heart

I have passed many stories

My life, the years have passed

I have sorrow in the wind

• Like 1

6 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

I like the MR/MS scene, just like the earlier MR/DB phone call scene. 

These are emotional and touching. KSY's emotional scenes are really good. The PD/writer are good at inserting little episodes like these that will touch you.

I agree, she is really tops in the emotional delivery scenes, with wavering voice and a catch in it. 

It's good they made up but why is MS bringing up 'blood' relations all the time? Is she and MH any closer. Tsk tsk..

:cry: I am guilty of hate watching 'unknown woman', not that it was my aim but I have a bad habit of wanting to know how the drama turns out finally. So I kept watching FF mostly. Even with short viewing, I found it hilarious. I am a hate watcher. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Woo Jin should marry me and live happily ever after :wub:  I skip most scenes and watch his stuff every week lol. The stylist is doing a good job because I love his outfits. Same goes to Peter, Mi Ri and CEO's young wife. Fashion on point!

The girls' mom reminds me of Mrs. Bennet from Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen's novel). Her only goal in life is to get her daughters married :D I think the mom should let the daughters be and find her own happiness 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

If anyone has the raw link could they post please? The normal sites only post subbed episodes. And I can't be bothered waiting. I just skip the parts I dislike and just want to watch the raw before bedtime that's all. 

I really can't take IS and her martyred expressions. Plus SJ turned me off after the men interview interrogation debacle. How presumptuous as a mother.

I just want to see how WJ progresses now. That's literally the main reason. The rest can all get stoned drunk and cry and I don't care.

MS has a kindergarten aged child. For the life of me can't work out why the heck she hasn't thought of childcare before having kids. The parents are totally incompetent. If everyone has the same issues as her no one would be working. Cos it appears that they didn't plan ahead before having kids.

• Like 1

Preview ep 73-74

• Like 2