[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

Now that you are posting those ads, I just realised how much marketing they are foisting on us. 

Yeah... the recent visit of Mi Ri and Tae Joo at the furniture exposition was an ad, when Mi Ok cooked at that cooking divice is was an ad, the clothes the actors are wearing, the sunglasses, watches,  the cosmetic products, the gifts ..all are advertisments.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

the bench date scene yesterday showed HJH’s huge behind. :lol:

i was uncomfortable in the bed snuggle scene because HE BROUGHT THE HOUSE SLIPPERS INTO THE BED! why why why???!!!:tears:

I observed that HJH had put on weight on his thigh and face. In fact, i prefer he put on weight rather than his skinny sharp face that doesn't look manly. Put on weight means he is in a happy mood when filming with pretty actress KSY :lol:

About the bed scene, that could explain they took few motion shots in the bed scene which weren't in a joint sequence, because the last past he was having house slippers on the bed when the camera zoom out, this was noticeable flaw but the crew forgot to trim it....too bad, we spot on, and this is just a drama :)

For the couple scenes after their marriage, I like their morning MR fixing up for TJ, the bench scene, the bed scene and also in the furniture exhibition. Their interaction is still lovely, TJ's feeling is open and direct, an expressive type, while MR is reserve and implicit type. I wonder is the birth secret the only way to push up the climax of the story? :( Is the writer running out of idea? :unsure:The writer is taking a risk alienating the audience. But I will stay on till the end as I only watch TJ-MR and their related storyline, so i can finish the ep pretty fast, my bf is not going to watch with me, it's not his cup of tea, but I will watch with him on AC drama. :wub:

Life is just a cycle - rethink, refresh and recharge, hope all my dear chingu in this forum have a brand new day with hope and love ! :wub:

@angelwingssfYes, I meant MS. 

I don't find MH innocent.  She comes across as an immature moron!  I don't see how anyone could find her attractive.  That bookshop editor guy with his morose face and sour disposition is also rather unattractive.  I know he is supposed to look cool but the hairstyle makes him look like a sissy.  Yah, the young women these days go for flower boys but me, I like men who look like men!  

I think SJ need to find a hobby or some other ways to occupy her time.  She is happy only when one of her daughters make her happy.  She is almost always unhappy because one of her daughters had no time to phone her that day or about something going on in their lives.  Yes, she struggled to raised them and went through hardships.  but now, do get a life!

3 hours ago, O said:

I think SJ need to find a hobby or some other ways to occupy her time.  She is happy only when one of her daughters make her happy.  She is almost always unhappy because one of her daughters had no time to phone her that day or about something going on in their lives.  Yes, she struggled to raised them and went through hardships.  but now, do get a life!

I find it the writer`s fault. She should give her something else to do beside worrying about her adult daughters. The drama would have been much better if the writer put in the plot a posible love interest for Sun Ja, to see Sun Ja singing with her brother`s band (they showed us one time and it was very good). I wish they would explore the characters better.

The only character that the writer gave him a little personal progress was Jung Dae-Cheol. The others are stuck in a bubble and can`t escape.

Another advertisement but this time it is educational. I wanted to visit that museum myself.

In the drama 'My Beautifulest Daughter in the World' on KBS2 weekend which was broadcasted on the 14th of July, there was a scene where a father Jinsu visits daughter Daebin and 'Greece treasure house'.

N201907161050061.jpg

The two followed the action of the sculptures on display and took photographs in the photo zone and enjoyed themselves.

In particular, the work that Da Vinci carefully examined was the golden mask and the marble statue of the goddess Athena. Among them, the marble statue of the goddess Athena is a work that can be seen glamorous artistry of Greece in the second century.

Site officials said, "The atmosphere was very good, just like watching an actual exhibition.

The exhibition that was visited for the education of Da Bin in KBS2 broadcasting is 'Greece treasure exhibition' which is being exhibited in the Seoul Arts Center. The Origin of Western Civilization Ancient Greece's 360 national treasury relics are found in Korea for the first time, and they carry artistic and educational values. The Seoul Arts Center will be held at the Hangaram Art Museum until September 15.

http://www.joonganglawnews.com/news/article.html?no=24032

I was reading this forum and apparently I am the only one who enjoys more with the relationship of Mi Hye and the editor than with TJ and MR. I always felt a discomfort between the two of them that did not allow me to look at that romance with good eyes

15 hours ago, larus said:

A fan video for those who still like Mi Ri and Tae Joo.

Thanks for the video!! The sad thing is the more I look at the video the more I realise that MR's charms have never been explored. Like it was hard to find reasons to justify TJ's immense love for her. She's a stereotypical prickly boss and I think the few moments that they've given us to show why TJ fell in love with her haven't been enough. Her character has been developed in a rather 2 dimensional way and it's poor character writing on the writer's part. There needed to have been more reasons to show the good parts of MR's character. I re-watched some of the season and it seemed quite silly for TJ to be so massively in love with MR without us seeing their development. We went from having nice flirtatious scenes which should have carried on a bit more- to BAM suddenly TJ can't live without seeing her in the company and wanting to marry her. Which will probably explain why MR is so stiff in some of the newly wed scenes. It's un natural and strange especially when MR "loved" TJ enough to get married to "protect him". I'm struggling to find the positive charms about MR as a character apart from she loves her mom and family a lot. Like her character and personality seem to lack some development which i would like to have seen more. It's also so sad to see TJ being the one who loves her much more than she does him. I think they need to show a few more sacrifices that MR makes for TJ to kind of let the viewers understand that she really does love him and married him for love to protect him. URGHHHH character development!!! come on writers!

I liked all the MR and TJ sceens, there is much more chemistry between them now, she was more reserved before. She is tough at work and sweet at home with her husband.

Poor WJ was unprepared for what was coming, a face to face meeting with MH, after HJ revealed the truth. WJ had no idea that he was going to be checked, and in what way. 
And MH's reaction..., was exactly a child's joy who has received the most desired Christmas gift. 

SJ has no limits now when she has to fight for her dream son-in-law. The way she went to the publishing house "to cut the evil from its roots", it was totally inappropriate, I would say stupid. WJ was so embarrassed, ashamed without being guilty of anything.
SJ said proudly that her family does not need the chairman's money, when they talked about MR's wedding, but now she advises MH (in the preview)  to marry JB if she wants to have an easy life. What is this? JB's "perfection" is not only due to his character but also to his money?

After all that was said and done between MH and JB, a successful doctors son, a well known artists son, the very successful drama writer, is still hanging around MH, and now he is her housekeeper or what?
This is the writer's idea about a "pure hearted" man's unconditional love? 

The almost zero development of some characters in this drama is at least irritating.

IS was in the same kind of shoes, but now she is going through a real bleaching process, with her brother's issue and all.

4 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

some of the newly wed scenes. It's un natural and strange especially when MR "loved" TJ enough to get married to "protect him". I'm struggling to find the positive charms

I would like to see her grabbing him for a change. :lol: ok that is too crude, but maybe make a first move to at least hold his hand with both of hers. Most posts called her reserved, but she was very affectionate with SJ and ripped into JB at one time, so I don't see her acting as reserved. More like uncomfortable.

Jeon Woo Sung & Kim Na Yeon – Like The Stars (별처럼) Mother of Mine OST Part 6

3275075.jpg?w=750

In my heart, you’re my everything
I can’t express it with words
The moment I first saw you
I couldn’t hide my feelings
Could you feel it too?

In my heart, you’re my everything
I always want to stay by your side
I quietly close my eyes
And listen to you coming
Again today, with a trembling heart
I’m standing here
Love falls on me like the stars

The world sprinkles my heart next to you
Quietly whispering love next to you
I can’t count it
I can’t express this heart
Our love shines like the stars

I hope you will be my day
I hope every moment is colored with me
My heart rises whenever I see you
Again today, with a trembling heart
I’m standing here

Love falls on me like the stars

I can’t count it
Our love shines like the stars

Come close to me like a breath
Always stay like that, like the first time

I can’t count it
Our love shines like the stars.

Translated by popgasa

https://popgasa.com/2019/07/09/jeon-woo-sung-kim-na-yeon-like-the-stars-별처럼-mother-of-mine-ost-part-6/

Lim Soo Yeon – Hangyeryong Pass (한계렁) Mother of Mine OST Part 7

3282040.jpg?w=750

The mountains tell me not to come
But my feet are headed to the wet streams in the heart of the mountains

The mountains tell me to forget about it
As it sweeps my heart away

But I want to live like a single gust of wind and go
Like the wind that travels through mountains, tears and clouds

The mountain tells me to go down
Pushing my tired shoulder

But I want to live like a single gust of wind and go
Like the wind that travels through mountains, tears and clouds

The mountain tells me to go down
Pushing my tired shoulder.

Translated by popgasa

https://popgasa.com/2019/07/09/lim-soo-yeon-hangyeryong-pass-한계렁-mother-of-mine-ost-part-7/

Byun Jin Sup – Completely Colored By You (온통 너로 물들어) Mother of Mine OST Part 8

3283798.jpg?w=750

Love has come like this
When I close my eyes, I can only see you
The world is filled with dazzling days
That’s how you came to me

After I met you
Everything became new and happy
Each moment is so precious
I’m placing each day in my heart

Your warm embrace held me
Thank you for filling up my weaknesses
When love falls down, brightly
I’m completely colored by you

Because you’re here to brighten the dark world
It’s so beautiful
Your shining eyes
Make my heart flutter

Just by looking at you
I feel like I’m dreaming, so happy
Each moment is so precious
I’m placing each day in my heart

The love I received from you
I want to cherish it forever
So your love can live in my heart
For a long time

Your warm embrace held me
Thank you for filling up my weaknesses
When love falls down, brightly

Translation https://popgasa.com/2019/07/09/byun-jin-sup-completely-colored-by-you-온통-너로-물들어-mother-of-mine-ost-part-8/

Lost in translation. In the scene where TJ proposed to MR:

MR: If after we're married, I end up seriously disappointing you, can you forgive me?

KBW World - TJ: Yes, I guess. I was disappointed in you once. But whatever it is I will forgive you.

FastDrama- TJ: Yes, I guess. I seriously disappointed you once. But whatever it is I will forgive you.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, maribella said:

I would like to see her grabbing him for a change. :lol: ok that is too crude, but maybe make a first move to at least hold his hand with both of hers. Most posts called her reserved, but she was very affectionate with SJ and ripped into JB at one time, so I don't see her acting as reserved. More like uncomfortable.

True.  she seems more comfortable and natural with JB!   

On 7/16/2019 at 5:33 PM, denise_b said:

SJ said proudly that her family does not need the chairman's money, when they talked about MR's wedding, but now she advises MH (in the preview)  to marry JB if she wants to have an easy life. What is this? JB's "perfection" is not only due to his character but also to his money?

After all that was said and done between MH and JB, a successful doctors son, a well known artists son, the very successful drama writer, is still hanging around MH, and now he is her housekeeper or what?
This is the writer's idea about a "pure hearted" man's unconditional love? 

This, this right here. I just don't see why JB is even in contention for marriage to anybody right now. No, it isn't because of his weight, it's because he is such a simpleton. There is nothing upstanding about a man who will blindly follow behind someone and become their doormat to try and win their affection. It's like the uncle told him, once he started being MH's flunkie, it was impossible for her to see him any other way. It's pathetic really because for someone like him to be the son of two successful wealthy parents and then for him to go off and become successful himself and still be a flunkie just doesn't make sense. The uncle also noted this when he said that JB doesn't carry himself like a man who comes from wealth. JB is neglected. That is why he is ALWAYS hanging around MH and her family because that is what he doesn't have. When his mom cancelled the meeting with SJ because of her schedule, it hit me then. What he craves is authenticity. All of those women who approached him before only wanted his money, they weren't interested in him and let's face it, we can all see why they wouldn't be. But MH allowed him into her family space, probably more out of pity than anything else, and her family likes him because he is familiar, but even they haven't missed how he lacks as a man. Although SJ is willing to overlook that because of his money, which is a huge mistake. MH is too much of a brat to marry anyone for money. She needs someone who isn't going to take her stuff and will force her to be a grown up. JB is too much of an enabler. MH would continue to be just as she is, which will not be good for her in the long run. 

The writer has run out of ideas for the whole MS/JS/DB/MO/haroboji storyline. I did not feel sorry for MS when she found out her husband was feeding DB junk. What the hell was she doing for the past week, that she had no idea what her own child has been eating? MS may not want to admit it, but she neglects her family as well. I get that she is reeling from the babysitter quitting, but most women would have never gone that long without finding out the truth. Over it. 

MR is already showing her weakness re: her biological mom. She is strong with everything else, but as soon as HM starts talking about getting dirt on IS, MR looks stricken. I want her to tell her husband the truth, so she can stop carrying it like some awful secret. 

I forgot I live streamed last weekend but skipped with live streaming. So, any parts of the episodes I should watch with subs? I don't recall anything. Well I don't think I want to watch SJ interrogating the men as I think that's going beyond an acceptable limit to perfect strangers.

10 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I just don't see why JB is even in contention for marriage to anybody right now. No, it isn't because of his weight, it's because he is such a simpleton. There is nothing upstanding about a man who will blindly follow behind someone and become their doormat to try and win their affection. It's like the uncle told him, once he started being MH's flunkie, it was impossible for her to see him any other way. It's pathetic really because for someone like him to be the son of two successful wealthy parents and then for him to go off and become successful himself and still be a flunkie just doesn't make sense. The uncle also noted this when he said that JB doesn't carry himself like a man who comes from wealth. JB is neglected. That is why he is ALWAYS hanging around MH and her family because that is what he doesn't have.

In a way I feel sorry for Jae Bum because as I`ve already noticed (even without knowing that he is from a wealthy family) that he is clinging on a family rather than a lover. He was neglected as a child and he grew up with a low self esteem.

He knows that Mi Hye is not considering him a potential boyfriend (she doesn`t look at him as a man) but he continues to hope. When i saw him cleaning Mi Hye`s room or house, I wanted to slap him to wake up.

He was treated badly in the past by Mi Hye (like he was her personal servant). When he became a succesful screenwriter, he was the one who broke up with her because of that. Like a child who wants to show off in front of the other kid. He sure had girl that admired him because of his wealth or success but he was stuck on Mi Hye, his first love/crush. He did not forget her. 

He should realised by now that he deserves better than what he has received in the relationship with Mi Hye.

Again, I came back to talk about writing. I know that Jae Bum is a side character, but to let him be stuck as the 'jelous boyfriend" without seeing a little gowth in his character is bad`. The writer doesn`t treat better her main characters let alone side characters.

I think it would have been better if the writer has allowed Mi Hye to have a serious relationship in the past. The "love triangle" would have had substance. What we have now? Mi Hye falls in love for the first time with a man and her ex "boyfriend" stalking them. Jae Bum is not really an impediment for the new couple, he is like an annoying fly. Peter`s sole meaning in the show is to ask his friend if he is feeling something for Mi Hye. Woo Jin `s ex came to Korea and she left the next day realising his ex loves his new writer.

I wish the writer will get them out of the publishing set. Let Mi Hye and Woo Jin to date, to go out, exploring their relationship.

What Jae Bum and Peter will do on the show when their friends will become a couple?

6 hours ago, larus said:

What Jae Bum and Peter will do on the show when their friends will become a couple

I am sorely tempted but I shall refrain from saying it.

I decided not to watch it until next month but I can't work cause my laptop is playing up, workstation struck by lightning, Tab is out of date.... to make a long story I watched the last few episodes. Aren't MS  and MH with their supporting characters comedic enough that they have to make SJ do the ridiculous husband hunting routine? I am sure self respecting Korean families will pay a professional to do it. The writer seems so desperate for a laugh.

5 hours ago, maribella said:

The writer seems so desperate for a laugh.

The writer is desperate to find something for her characters to do. She has almost 30 episodes to fill and she used all her ideas/tricks.

I can imagine already how the characters will react when In Sook`s secret will be revealed and we all know that it is nothing to be so upset about it. This is an issue to be resolved in one episode. :w00t:

Or we could imagine how happy will be Jin soo when he will reunite with his bike.:D

If Mi Ok will not find out this week that her husband is a taxi driver I don`t know when it is the next opportunity. Why it is a secret? :)

The writer still can throw up surprises. Did we expect chairman to order the marriage of MR and TJ and hasten the whole process?

My main gripe with this drama is the excessive time devoted to IS who is such a flawed character. Whatever good reasons she had in abandoning MR, she was given a 2nd chance when they reunited to make it up to MR.  But all she could do is to make MR leave to protect her own interest.

BTS

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=2019071
In the above article, about the preview, it said that  Han Tae-woo finally finds out that his wife Kang Myeong-Ri is a daughter of Jeon In-sook.
I personally don`t think he will find out but he will talk with Director Park so maybe it is true. If the writer will let Tae Joo find out now, I aplaude her. We`ll see.

I read some comments at KBS World You Tube Channel, and I see that people still liking this show. It was good to read the positive comments even when I don`t share their optimism/views. :D

Archived