[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I was weak. Curiosity got the cat. However I don't think I would bother watching any episodes subbed. Don't think there is much to miss since I can then skip what I don't like.

TJ used to be so sensitive to MR's moods. How can he be so blithely oblivious to her absolute doom and gloom mood? What a damper. The only cute part of the WHOLE episode was when she teased- in the world's deadest sad eyes expression- her reply in saguek style honorifics speech. 

My children are young and I am watching this at close to 2am. Why did I mention their age?  Because mine are dead asleep. No movements. Knocked out. And the writer had Da Bin be awake after her parents are asleep. Carrying a full blown adult conversation with MR. My kids may have the vocabulary like DB. But not the maturity of that phone coversation. Which btw ended with MR crying.

Why did I continue? Because of MH. The ex- wife returned. So heck yeah that is heating up. To WJ being outed for his feelings. Lol. That was good to see in a pained sort of way.  Poor MH.

So there. So 31 done. Guess now I have to see so 32. If I am awake. I am definitely not going to be live streaming anymore as I can now skip to the scenes I want.

Also a side mention that that is probably carcinogenic to the actress. I have burnt paper accidentally in the kitchen before. And the burnt smell was horrific in the WHOLE house. And they made her burn her photos in the bedroom.  Do you why cigarette smoking especially roll ups are toxic to the lungs? The compounds without the filter at the end. And the woman- if it was ONE take- had the photo burnt. I think it is a set inside the KBS2 studios. Since DB's room had the blue behind the curtains; usually a sign that it is a studio set. With artificial lighting seen. Can't duplicate indoor lighting to outdoor lights.

Night all. Oh yeah can't be bothered mentioning what went on at the table post honeymoon in the funeral colour clothes. And the newly- wed greetings post honeymoon return to SJ.

The writer is just shoving the SAD, PAINED Mi Ri in the viewers face. Ergh. 

Tae Ju-ssi, your prettiest woman in the world is not smiling. Love is blind does not mean love has blinded your eyes. You don't see flaws but you're not supposed to miss sadness and pain. You stare lovingly into her eyes honey. Not not notice there is no interaction with the woman in the car next to you. 

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

No one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In today's episode, out of the entire cast, the one with the prettiest complexion was TJ.  

Check him out in the scene where his shirt is dark colored, and he's wearing it opened neck.  From face down to beginning of chest is one continuous expanse of beautiful white skin.  :P

Sorry if I'm being frivolous.  But that fact superseded anything else in the episode.  Hmmm, that says alot about the episode.  <_<Pity.

@Auntie Mame lol you noticed? I was busy listening. Hahaha. I have mentally switched off.  That means the attraction for the OTP has switched off.

I was looking to see if I have an alternate weekend drama to watch. And ok KSY, your real life husband is smokin' hot with a jawline- since he must have lost weight with the role- to die for. Geez. Hope they make time to see each other. Both on weekend dramas at the same time? 

Guess I will have 2 of my favourite actors on the same weekend for the next 2 months then him later with one my constant HHJ. 

Another new comment for today's episode to remain on topic? Well I did repeat the WJ's ex wife meeting him scene 3 times. Just to catch him looking at MH for her reaction. And I winced listening to her blasting MH's plot. That did led to him blasting her and I got a clearer  reason why he liked MH. It's not as if the writer was forthcoming earlier besides the fact that he thinks she is a good person. And not for someone flawed like him.

17 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Hope they make time to see each other. Both on weekend dramas at the same time? 

Yes, and Sang Woo`s drama has 30 episodes. They both will have free time in the winter. :)

45 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

The writer is just shoving the SAD, PAINED Mi Ri in the viewers face. Ergh. 

I don`t know what the writer wants to prove. All right, she is sad along with people that know the secret but I am terrified what will happen when the secret will be discovered. They will pull their hair out from despair?

The writer could have gave us sweet scenes and keep the sadness to the minimum when the time comes. I still think that In Sook `s secret is not something big/important enough to sustain the whole drama.

6 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, and Sang Woo`s drama has 30 episodes. They both will have free time in the winter. :)

I don`t know what the writer wants to prove. All right, she is sad along with people that know the secret but I am terrified what will happen when the secret will be discovered. They will pull their hair out from despair?

The writer could have gave us sweet scenes and keep the sadness to the minimum when the time comes. I still think that In Sook `s secret is not something big/important enough to sustain the whole drama.

You are so right. Hay thank goodness it's a honeymoon.  If not,  maybe the writer would just be content with hugs and holding hands. Now they kissed.  

I'm so envious of the other dress like angels last mission and other drama running same with mother.  They have lots of romantic scenes :( I wish it was Mr and Tj. But yeah I got it.  Mother of mine is a family drama,  not a to romantic drama/comedy.  But sometimes I wish I did not stumble on this drama.  I'm not so happy with the way the writer is giving out the love story of Mr and Tj.  The wedding is rush as well as the honeymoon. After the 1st night, no sightseeing in their vacation? U just got a hint that the trip was over when the airplane was up there. Hay... What more should I expect. 

But reality is I'm here with u guys.  I just love so yeon and now Hong join :)

Good luck to us... Sighhh

11 hours ago, larus said:

writer could have gave us sweet scenes and keep the sadness to the minimum when the time comes. I still think that In Sook `s secret is not something big/important enough to sustain the whole drama.

Absolutely not. Anyway nothing that should affect TJ's and MR's relationship. No legal, no biological connection. Just a selfish woman who has lived miserably for 30 years, there are dozens of people who had made worse decisions than her.

The new OST

Byun Jin-sub-  All over you

Spoiler

Lyrics Raw translation

Love comes like this

When you close your eyes

You can only see you

And the world is a glorious day

So you come and meet you

Everything is new and happy

All the moments are precious and I hold you in my heart

I warmly wrapped you in my warm,

I'm so glad that you shine on me

I'm so glad that your heart is shining like my heart

I'm just as happy as dreaming

I'm dreaming of all the moments,

Your love is in my heart for a long time

Warmly wrapped around me

Warm loving love that fills me with lack of time

When I dazzle you, I shine on you all

6 hours ago, Chlee4ver said:

I'm so envious of the other dress like angels last mission and other drama running same with mother.  They have lots of romantic scenes :( I wish it was Mr and Tj. But yeah I got it.  Mother of mine is a family drama,  not a to romantic drama/comedy. 

I feel you. It is not helping that the next drama after Mother of Mine is a romantic comedy as well. I don`t even like romantic comedies that much but they are shorter and ,at least , we could enjoy the couples`s romance. Sometimes. :lol:

I can feel/see so many the soap opera trops in this drama that hurts. It was nice to do the group therapy over our frustration but I will stop the self pity... for now. I will try to stop it. :lol:

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Anyway nothing that should affect TJ's and MR's relationship. No legal, no biological connection. Just a selfish woman who has lived miserably for 30, there are dozens of people who made worse decisions than her.

The reasonable in us rejects this weak plot but the characters believes in it. The writer made sure they are trapped in this nonsense. I like that Mi Hye spoke what we wanted to say. I understand Mi sun who must feel like a fraud but she exagerates. When we think about how easy it will have been if In Sook told the truth.

Speaking of In Sook. She wants to quit now. But, of course, everyone will be suspisious. She behaves out of character for them. Why she should quit now?

In Sook`s younger brother is a nuisance, just like Na Hye mi`s brother. Another man who became rich over night, who never worked a day in his life to make a living by himself. In Sook has abandoned a six years old girl but she took care of her brother. And she did not do a better job. I can seehow she gave him everything,  she overlooked his mistakes, she spoiled him. In Sook`s brother, just like Na Do Jin, had a job without a merit. 

It looks like Tae Joo will cover the loss of In Sook`s brother. I wish he did not do that. I think he used his own money do save him. That was not a good idea, Tae Joo. He is too trusting and influenced by emotions. In Sook`s brother did not learn anything anyway. 

One more thing.... Everyone has noticed how Su Ja was sad at the wedding. How about the bride? She was in the center of attention but no one has noticed her sad face? :D

5 hours ago, larus said:

One more thing.... Everyone has noticed how Su Ja was sad at the wedding. How about the bride? She was in the center of attention

Mothers cry at weddings but brides are happy. At least the real life brides look jubilant and ecstatic when they wed a rich young man or royalty. The guests should notice it. But maybe she hardly smiled in the last 10 episodes.

13 hours ago, larus said:

The new OST

Byun Jin-sub-  All over you

Reveal hidden contents

Lyrics Raw translation

Love comes like this

When you close your eyes

You can only see you

And the world is a glorious day

So you come and meet you

Everything is new and happy

All the moments are precious and I hold you in my heart

I warmly wrapped you in my warm,

I'm so glad that you shine on me

I'm so glad that your heart is shining like my heart

I'm just as happy as dreaming

I'm dreaming of all the moments,

Your love is in my heart for a long time

Warmly wrapped around me

Warm loving love that fills me with lack of time

When I dazzle you, I shine on you all

Thanks for these. But do you also have the transalation of the previous ost? The one with the duet of a male and female. It's the song that runs in MR office where she hugs TJ and said that she will marry him. Can you post the English transalation please :)

36 minutes ago, Chlee4ver said:

Thanks for these. But do you also have the transalation of the previous ost? The one with the duet of a male and female. It's the song that runs in MR office where she hugs TJ and said that she will marry him. Can you post the English transalation please :)

https://k-lyrics4u.blogspot.com/2019/06/jeon-woo-sung-kim-na-yeon-like-star-lyrics.html

I found lyrics in Korean but there are no translation available. I translated with Google.

In my heart you're all mine.
I can not express everything in words.
The first moment I saw you
I could not hide my heart
Can you feel it

I always want to stay near you
Keep your eyes closed
For the sound of you coming
Today with trembling heart
I'm standing here.
Love comes down like a star to me

The world sprinkles my heart around you
I still whisper love by you
Inexplicably

The heart can not express
Our love shines like a star

If you become my routine
If all the moments stained me
I see you in my heart
I'm standing here.

Inexplicably

It shines like a star.

Come closer like breath.
Always be like the first time.

Inexplicably

9 hours ago, larus said:

One more thing.... Everyone has noticed how Su Ja was sad at the wedding. How about the bride? She was in the center of attention but no one has noticed her sad face? :D

@larus @maribella i wouldn’t be surprised. MiRi has worn her RBF in many occasions esp around the Hans. She only takes this mask off when around her family and TJ. They might find it odd if she were smiling silly. 

next week’s preview, cuddle time in bed for our OTP and TJ being daring enough to announce his date plans to the mktg team. I live for these small mercies from the writer. I am pathetic. 

34 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

next week’s preview, cuddle time in bed for our OTP and TJ being daring enough to announce his date plans to the mktg team. I live for these small mercies from the writer. I am pathetic. 

You are not the only one. I`m pathetic too. :lol:

Cute scene

Yesterday's drama wasn't awful, but it wasn't worth commenting on.

But it seems for the drama has switch from being My Prettiest Daughter in the World and moved to being Mother of Mine with SJ being the titular mother.

I wonder what is the 1000 reason why the old chairjerk is mad at the incompetent in everything but knows everything best bio. mother SI?  Anyone knows why? It is the last scene in today's youtube link from KBS 

10 hours ago, larus said:

https://k-lyrics4u.blogspot.com/2019/06/jeon-woo-sung-kim-na-yeon-like-star-lyrics.html

I found lyrics in Korean but there are no translation available. I translated with Google.

I can not express everything in words.
The first moment I saw you
I could not hide my heart
Can you feel it

I always want to stay near you
Keep your eyes closed
For the sound of you coming
I'm standing here.

Inexplicably

If you become my routine
If all the moments stained me
I see you in my heart
I'm standing here.

Inexplicably

It shines like a star.

Come closer like breath.
Always be like the first time.

Inexplicably

Thanks so much.... 

9 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

@larus @maribella i wouldn’t be surprised. MiRi has worn her RBF in many occasions esp around the Hans. She only takes this mask off when around her family and TJ. They might find it odd if she were smiling silly. 

Prayer works :) hope for many things like this.  We still have until early sept to be pray for this :)

I've got to admit- my faith in the writers is slowly coming back...slowly...i'd like more sweet moments from our newly married couple first. At least something that doesn't show MR absolutely miserable to marry TJ....because at the end of the day she married him because she loved him and wanted to protect him...it's important for the writer so show us that love too apart from all the misery.They are a newly married couple nevertheless and it's also important that they behave like it. I'm so tired of all the mopey funeral like meals with TJ's family. I quite like the juxtaposition of the meal with MR's family against TJ's family. It's been very clear as to what the dynamics are like with each family. I did like IS warning HM about MR and saying that MR is different because she doesn't rely on that family and will give HM a hard time in return if she doesn't respect MR. I'd also like a further development of MH's character and please fade JB into the background so that MH's character can develop with WJ without the hindrance of JB. Also now sick and tired of MS and her in laws. This is all getting to repetitive. The writers still have a long way to go before they redeem themselves and to prevent this from becoming makjang.

Archived