[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

7 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

It’s not because the secret, of course. 

I think he wanted she in the place of his mom in his marriage, not Chairman’s wife.

yeah... it was a scene in a drama where Tae Joo wanted In Sook at the wedding instead of step mother .

Han family has a complicated family relationship. :lol:

If Tae Joo and Mi ri will get out of Han family mansion, I wish to see them helping at Sun ja`s restaurant. :) But, of course, the writer never gives me what I want.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, larus said:

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together. I knew there will be hard times too but I wanted to see them overcome the hardship together. 

This writer hates me/us. Why did she bring all this unnecessary drama?

I wanted to hug Dae-Cheol. Being in an old age is not easy. I hope he and his wife will talk and resolve their miscommunication.

I had high hopes because of earlier romantic scenes between our OTP.  Sadly like you, i am left to bleed dry. Sigh... why do i have a bad feeling that IS and the writer are one and the same? Finding excuses now and again. This must be her biopic. Such a waste of episodes and airtime. 

Dae-Chol the character is poignant. I hope we all can learn from this and be good to our life partners till it’s time to go. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

We have a wedding and all I want to say is.... depresing. But life goes on.

instead being a happy wedding, the bride and her family were so sad like they were at a funeral. So, no happy wedding for me to see.

I know there are a lot of episodes left but it is possible to see Mi ri and Tae Joo both happy until the end of the drama?  I ask so much from this writer? I want to see a romantic kiss, a sweet couple spending time together.

The wedding was so blah. There were more tears in here than a funeral indeed. Don’t they have flower girls and bridesmaids in Korean wedding receptions?  

Were they going on a honeymoon? I hope the writer gives our OTP a breather and let them have couple time before another war begins. 

Today, the redeeming moment was the han river scene. :wub::blush::heart:

1 minute ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Today, the redeeming moment was the han river scene. :wub:

Yeah it was sweet but I was cheering them to kiss. Well... they did not kiss but they had, at least, a hug. :D

Woo Jin came to see Mi Hye at home and he brought her medicine for the cold. :P

1 hour ago, sheza said:

They are married but yet the person they confide their inner most desires is not their spouse but someone else.  MO with the con man and the husband with the pharmacist.  

This is the sad progression of many marriages. The couples assume their roles in the society, the husband as the head, and the wife supports him. The gap and differences happen eventually with time, children, circumstances. Marriages are meant to be re-evaluated, refreshed, adjusted by the couple as life goes along. When complacency and stagnation in the relationship happens,....

The past generations of couples just assumed their roles as dictated by society. Or this prolly works in most/some korean marriages.  

1 hour ago, sheza said:

Just crazy but as long as they give me some happy TJ and MR scene, I will hang in there and see what happened to them in the end.  

Yup. We are the fast-forward fingers, scrubbing the screens to TJxMR scenes and smiling silly for our OTP. (Phone-user here).

23 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Did he catch on to her lie about the coughing? I fast-forwarded and will see their scenes when the subs come tomorrow. 

I think it was obvious that she is not ill but I am not sure if he realised it. Maybe he did. We will see for sure when we watch with subtitles.

It was nice of him to come and give her medicine. He was worried because he did not hear from her for 2 days. Another hint that he likes her. :D

It was a cute scene.

34 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

This is going to be such a mess.

I just thought at the moment Na Mi Hye will find out In Sook`s secret. In Sook will say to her...You prepared the wedding. I was against it. :w00t:

13 minutes ago, smhelen said:

That scene looks like a funeral not a wedding.

Exactly. I am curious how is a funeral scene in this drama. Not really.

56 minutes ago, larus said:

A lot of happy weddings end up in divorce. Maybe this funeral wedding will end up in a happy marriage. 

BTW, SI was a gold digger herself. She got nothing on the gold digger wifey. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

I'm not update with the drama, I have several episodes to watch, but why MR has that face. Doesn't she love TJ enough? Why did she marrie TJ for pity? She should be happy for stay by side of her love. What is happening? I don't understand. Someone explain to me please.

29 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

I'm not update with the drama, I have several episodes to watch, but why MR has that face. Doesn't she love TJ enough? Why did she marrie TJ for pity? She should be happy for stay by side of her love. What is happening? I don't understand. Someone explain to me please.

MR loves TJ - she wanted to marry him but not his family.  They are the rich opinionated dudes and manipulating gals in the family.  Also, TJ is like a son to IS who is MR biological mother.  SJ did not want MR to marry TJ.  MS did not want her to marry TJ.  MR heard the chairman's legal wife Na Hye Mi  and her brother conversing in TJ office when TJ was putting out the fires caused by Na Hye Mi and her brother about cutting TJ hands and legs off when the chairman dies (he has a stent in his heart).  

She loves TJ but not the rest.  I think they also made sure that she would be staying with the in-laws and not separately as how TJ wanted ( I Think!)

TJ wanted IS to be seated as his mother for the wedding.  But chairman flatly refused and did not allow that.  Every time he saw IS he would feel sad because she was like a mother to him.  

5 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

She really loves TJ that's why she decided to marry him eventhough her family was against their marriage and that's what makes her sad. This is all because of IS selfishness. 

If anyone remembers my handle @ck1Oz can you please tag me when the MH and WJ romance actually starts? Preferably with the episode and rough minute. Thank you so much.

As you can guess I am checking out of this drama until at least ep 41. There's no point in watching. I am live streaming right because I can't wait. And I am forced to suffer through and listen to every freaking IS and Chairman scene. Plus MS father or parents in law. It's so bad it's not worth rewatchung it with subs. And I cringe each time they go into their histrionic vents. Listening to them makes me want to hurl at their selfishness and grandiose sense of self worth.

The honest truth is that the stepmother is actually really refreshing to watch. She knows she is calculative and manipulative and is not ashamed of it. She is probably having the best scenes the last few episodes. Even the MR scenes are terrible. To watch.

I would be a masochist wanting to watch MR be insulted and made to do housework. Nothing wrong with it but if the writer makes it so that it's all she is good for now I would want to throw something at her. Not to mention be submissive and obedient.

In this case I actually think having mediocre subs helps. It lessens the insults given to MR. And for those who comment on what SJ is on about yesterday? I still can't work out if they don't understand the cultural viewpoint why it's a mess. Or if it's the Kdramas making it a mess when it's actually ok. All I can say is listening to IS and SJ was my tipping point yesterday. OMG. I wouldn't say it wasn't true but listening to them and not being able to fast forward it was torture. And I cannot start another beginning scene with IS. Ergh. What a douchebag. How much more wallowing does she want in her self pity and selfish mode? Forever and ever it seems.  And I cannot listen to her say " andwae " another time. The actress has a way of rolling her words. And every time I SEE her mouth move for the " ...DWAE... " it even makes me more mad at her. See what happens when you don't need to concentrate on looking at the English words on the screen?

I have better use of my time. I will be starting Chief of staff. And rewatching Creative Destiny. Who am I kidding? I am getting out of Kdramas for a few weeks until the  July premiers starts. And watch Harry Potter or the Twilight series. Or even the Game of Thrones. And since I am NOT even a fan of those movies you can tell how fed up I am. Grrr...

On 6/30/2019 at 6:40 AM, Chlee4ver said:

Yeah your right.  How could I even think of a honeymoon after the wedding when they didn't even have kissed properly... Grrr

From my reading of previous episodes, they have slept together--several times.  I hope they have kissed properly--and I trust TJ that they have.  We just haven't seen it.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:16 AM, larus said:

No, the writer is a woman.  No matter if the writer is a man or woman, I really don`t understand the writer.

She has almost 20 episodes left and she rushes like crazy. Mi Ri and Tae Joo did not even date properly, they did not have a romantic kiss. The audience is not eager to see more contrived drama she created for them. Let them be happy a little.

I thought that we`ll see a wedding in two weeks and the wedding scene was ...tonight. :w00t:

What`s next? Divorce?

Maybe the writer is an interval marathoner, run some, walk some, run some, walk some.

Maybe the writer brought that philosophy to her writing.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:05 AM, ck1Oz said:

Filial piety doesn't mean the parent is correct. @hushhh wanted to know the limit of filial piety? None.  It's whatever the parent want. There is no privacy or limit. Ergh. I remember my mother asking me to show my expenses to her when I asked her why I had to give her a monthly allowance? They were financially independent but that is not the point to them. And based on tonight's episode? Yup filial piety mean you can get hit.

I am so very grateful that my parents never expect filial piety from me.  Love yes, which they get in barrels. No one in my family expects me to do stuff because of blind loyalty.  My personal integrity is important. I love my family and I'm loyal to them, but I have to live with myself no matter what --so my integrity comes first.

On 6/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, larus said:

The saddest wedding scene ever.

She decided to marry him so it was her choice. When Tae Joo will find out that she marry him just for pity he will be very hurt. I know that she loves him too but right now they are not on the same page. SAD.

I hope that TJ is not that stupid or brain dead.  TJ knows Miri loves him, even through the break ups.  He's been doing his best to protect Miri.  Miri has made the decision to protect TJ. She is sad/regretful because she is entering a [edited] situation.

This is very sad for me to watch. I was always told growing up that when you marry someone you marry into their whole family and this is why I can see how difficult it is for MR and for her family to watch her marry TJ. Love is important yes- but there are other factors that need to be taken into account. I just want MR to be happy and at this point I'm hoping that TJ's love for her and her love for him is enough. I'm also a bit sad for TJ because I do think he'll work hard and bend over backwards  to make MR happy but he'll be upset wondering why she's upset and it won't even be because of him. This drama has grown all so frustrating. I hope it redeems itself soon and we see a deeper growth of love between MR and TJ throughout their marriage. I want her to learn to love him more- as much as he loves her and their characters to develop further and have that opportunity. I want her to grow to be happy with TJ despite it all. 

14 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@larus

@ck1Oz I'm sorry to cut your post. I find that your posts portrayed my feelings about this drama, and your analysis about the menu also intrigue me to cook again hahaha.

I tried very hard to like this drama because I want to support KSY and KHS, but I can't, just like the writer's past works, very difficult for me to like the drama. Somehow all her works too difficult for my simple brain to digest. I'd like to thank all of you chingus here for all your posts, it's like I can understand the show without having the need to sit and waste my time, I really:wub: love you all. I will stop watching but will stay on this thread as I already have my personal problems and this drama not helping my mood/thoughts at all, at least My only one helped me to distract my thought from all my problems and reminded me that family love do exists. I guess the writer's story never suitable for international viewer like me.

I will be back when it's around episode 70s or so. 

BTS photos of the wedding

201907011064763207_1.jpg

Spoiler

An official of the scene said, "The atmosphere was so much cheerful that all the actors gathered together for a long time, and it seemed as if the actual family gathered. Hong jonghyun smiled with an embarrassed smile on his outstretched outfit in a tuxedo.

But in the meantime, I tried to show the love affection of "Han Tae-ju" and the emotional feeling that I did not leave a script. The two of them finally made a wedding and now have a new turning point in the drama. I would like to have a lot of anticipation about another story in my honeymoon life. "

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201907011064763207

Kim So Yeon And Hong Jong Hyun’s Wedding Boosts “Mother Of Mine” Ratings

by E. Cha
72f7e270749147b18643ea1c985cbb71.jpeg?s=

Viewership ratings for “Mother of Mine” rose as Kim So Yeon and Hong Jong Hyun tied the knot on the drama’s latest episode!

Spoiler

On the June 30 broadcast of the hit KBS weekend drama, Kang Mi Ri (played by Kim So Yeon) and Han Tae Joo (played by Hong Jong Hyun) were married in a wedding ceremony attended by their respective families. However, there was an uncomfortable tension pervading the seemingly happy affair, as Kang Mi Ri and her birth mother Jeon In Sook (played by Choi Myung Gil) had not yet revealed the secret that they were related.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Mother of Mine” achieved average viewership ratings of 26.4 percent and 32.7 percent for the night, marking a significant increase from the night before (when it scored average ratings of 24.6 percent and 30.5 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335738wpp/kim-so-yeon-and-hong-jong-hyuns-wedding-boosts-mother-of-mine-ratings

After watching that episode and more importantly listening to the melodramatic soundtrack, my impression is the show went through a creative crisis.  That's just my speculation.  Either the team decided to change direct, or the team was made to change direction or an important team member was replaced because I doubt this is where they originally planned on being.  

I enter in the record as evidence Mi-Hye line, "My sister is about o become the lead in a 3rd rate soap opera."

It read to me like a member of the creative teams view, and that member might not be happy with the turn of events. 

So far the change is not good enough to be taken seriously.

Not camp enough to b fun.

I feel a little sorry for the original actors if what I this is actually true.  It means they are trapped in a project they did not sign you for.

Good news: Miri looks great in her yellow suit.  The shot of her sitting in the wedding dress was gorgeous product placement.

Found it annoying to listen to Miri talking about IS lies as if she was also culpable. But then perhaps she might now be by not correcting the situation with TJ.

The current iteration is destroying the original character foundation.

TJ who was previously sensitive to Miri's moods doesn't seem to sense her unhappiness.

Miri asking for forgiveness when the truth is revealed later is akin to buying indulgences for future sins. 

Since we are in 3rd rate soap opera territory TJ's stepmother will discover IS relationship and IS will know that the stepmother is seeing her lover.  They have a mutual annihilation protection pact. 

Does IS do work in the office or does she just sit with her head in her hand?

TJ need to be more comfortable with his kid brother.

Has all the Mi-Sisters lost their minds? Mi-Sun is just over the top illogical with Mi-Ri.

51 minutes ago, larus said:

Kim So Yeon And Hong Jong Hyun’s Wedding Boosts “Mother Of Mine” Ratings

by E. Cha

Viewership ratings for “Mother of Mine” rose as Kim So Yeon and Hong Jong Hyun tied the knot on the drama’s latest episode!

Spoiler

On the June 30 broadcast of the hit KBS weekend drama, Kang Mi Ri (played by Kim So Yeon) and Han Tae Joo (played by Hong Jong Hyun) were married in a wedding ceremony attended by their respective families.

Next to shipping actors in real life I think this kind of reporting is toxic.
The characters got married. Not the actors. 

This crap in crap

@hushhh, I agree... the story-line was interesting until the last few episodes where it felt like they ran out of things to say. The writer needs to add more content to the characters, they are feeling 'flatter' and more 'illogical'. And the noble idiot thing is just plain stupid. 

I don't really watch weekend drama's and I am only watching it for Soyeon, but is it normal for it to be this 'makjang'??? 

Are we really going to see three more years of torture for MR just to have TJ find out she's IS's daughter and abandon her? Like this really doesn't make sense. With MR always helping TJ will it really help him grow a spine and be able to stand up to his father? 

The plot doesn't seem that interesting anymore, what's more to come?  Here is my speculation: 

1) A few episodes of MR getting tortured by TJ's step-mom ? and TJ telling on his step-mom to his dad

2) Then a few battles between the step-mom's family and TJ  + MR + IS

3) His step-mom reveals MR's secret, which also causes TJ to loose favor from his dad  (I think that's her motive, which       would put her son as the successor) 

4) IS some how comes back to take all the blame because of her guilt

5) TJ and MR separate after the incident, and MR goes away

6) TJ becomes a workaholic, who is also a capable, cold, and stoic businessman. Just like how his father wanted him to be. But on his own he's constantly longing for MR. 

7) Truth of step-mom gets revealed, maybe even her son isn't the chairman's. Anyways, she and her family get kicked out.

8) Some time fast forwarding, we have MR and TJ reuniting coincidentally

9) Finale. We have everyone happy. Celebrating MH's new hit novel, which is about her family (her mother and 2 sisters). We also see MH ending up with the publisher,  who finally get's over his past relationship scar.  We'll also see JB finding new meaning to life besides MH, maybe one of his fans. MS and husband get over their differences after he matures, so they cancel the divorce. MS's mother-in-law gets back with her husband, who finally learns to see from his wife's point of view. The uncle performing with his band and maybe finds love. IS and MR get over their past and MR acknowledges that she has two moms, SJ and IS. And regarding MR and TJ there isn't a really clear happy ending. They get over the past, and look forward to the future. But the the drama would leave viewers hanging on whether they reunite or not. (Anyone else I've missed???) 

10) The End. 

Archived