[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, larus said:

I am still waiting for the kiss. The stolen kiss from the elevator and the other two second kisses are not enough.

I want a romantic and passionate kiss. On screen.  When I think I thought we`ll have to see more than one and I am still waiting for the first. ;)

@larus  Have you watched "Let's Eat Dinner Together" by HJH and KSY's on ep 129 sub?

When the host asked her how did her husband (Lee Sang Woo) react when he saw his wife kissing scene inside the elevator on TV, she said LSW was holding a cold beer got from the fridge, he was "acting cool " :w00t::lol::lol:.....I missed Lee Sang Woo, the handsome actor. But I don't watch all his drama, except happy home where I got to know him. :P

KSY must have done many good deeds before that she deserves a caring, down to earth and handsome husband :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, larus said:

I am still waiting for the kiss. The stolen kiss from the elevator and the other two second kisses are not enough.

I want a romantic and passionate kiss. On screen.  When I think I thought we`ll have to see more than one and I am still waiting for the first. ;)

Don't hold your breath for a passionate kiss.  It is a family drama after all and I am sure with KSY newly married, they'd respect that enough to give her only if it is a must-have.

I must have rewatched the hug kiss a hundred times.  The only conclusion I can come up with is that TJ realises that he couldn't suppress his feelings anymore and wanted to be there to protect her when she's hurt.  

This drama tells us about the pressure women face in their battle against societal norms. 

MS' mom looked mean and self centred at first but all she wanted was to do things for herself after sacrificing most of her life serving her husband and her child.  She was such a good mom and wife, she spoilt them.  The dad appears to be such a gentleman to MS but he actually expects his wife to cook and look after her grandchild the way SJ does.  IS is probably the most misunderstood in the drama.  She looks crazy at the moment but my gut feels says there must be a story in there about how she suffered.  When she said that it was her money that helped SJ and family, it was not entirely wrong.  Though SJ returned the money, she did dip into it at some point when she needed to pay for something.  So yes, money is a huge thing for IS as she battle to make a living after the death of her husband.   Nevertheless I admire SJ's courage for not letting go of her adopted daughter even when the going gets tough.  With IS and SJ, their husbands left them with a huge financial burden.  It is not easy for a widow to have to be the breadwinner in a man's world and take care of their children as well.  The men never had any responsibility as far as child rearing is concerned.  MS' husband probably takes after his dad, taking time off to pursue his own hobbies and assume that child rearing is a woman's job.  

TJ's dad is outright the most male chauvinist.  Women have to guard themselves against rumours at work even if they dating a subordinate.  If they are dating a superior, it would be even worse.  She would probably be labelled as a gold digger.  I hope it won't happen to Miri.  I would think that it is sexual harassment if I didn't know that Miri still likes TJ.  It is going to be fun to watch yet I don't think things will go down too well if rumours go swirling around.  We have seen how it is mostly male in the top positions and how they treat the females.  

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Have you watched "Let's Eat Dinner Together" by HJH and KSY's on ep 129 sub?

When the host asked her how did her husband (Lee Sang Woo) react when he saw his wife kissing scene inside the elevator on TV, she said LSW was holding a cold beer got from the fridge, he was "acting cool " :w00t::lol::lol:.....I missed Lee Sang Woo, the handsome actor. But I don't watch all his drama, except happy home where I got to know him. :P

KSY must have done many good deeds before that she deserves a caring, down to earth and handsome husband :D

Did you see KSY's hubby did a cameo in episode 1? He was supposed to have a blind date arranged by mom with MiRi but Mi Ri sent younger sister instead who pretended to be Mi Ri and went because Mi Ri paid younger sister to go in her lieu + younger sis enjoyed the steak paid by the date. It was LSW. I thought he was part of the drama and I was happy until I realized he wasn't. :lol:

18 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Did you see KSY's hubby did a cameo in episode 1? He was supposed to have a blind date arranged by mom with MiRi but Mi Ri sent younger sister instead who pretended to be Mi Ri and went because Mi Ri paid younger sister to go in her lieu + younger sis enjoyed the steak paid by the date. It was LSW. I thought he was part of the drama and I was happy until I realized he wasn't. :lol:

Yessss........ I saw that, but the scene was too short...:wub:

Few things to highlight in this variety show :

1. The happy home crew already spotted LSW had a feeling for KSY during the lunch gathering when he gave her lots of cucumber on her lunch set just because she loves to eat. This was highlighted by KSY in the variety show. :w00t:

2. HJH was very envy when he knew that both of them developed love or went courting after the HH drama ends. He wish to have someone special met in drama or anywhere else.

3. HJH displayed a very innocent and cheerful look in the variety show, like a big kid. 

24 minutes ago, sheza said:

IS is probably the most misunderstood in the drama.  She looks crazy at the moment but my gut feels says there must be a story in there about how she suffered.  When she said that it was her money that helped SJ and family, it was not entirely wrong.  Though SJ returned the money, she did dip into it at some point when she needed to pay for something.  So yes, money is a huge thing for IS as she battle to make a living after the death of her husband.   Nevertheless I admire SJ's courage for not letting go of her adopted daughter even when the going gets tough.

My problem with IS is the way she thinks she is entitled to be mother to the daughter she abandoned, the daughter she did not even recognize and the daughter she belittles and keeps calling immature and tries to jeopardize everything the daughter worked for because she is afraid of losing what she has which is worth nothing and tells her daughter it is for her sake that she is driving her away from the place where she has worked hard and grew professionally. IS got her position by being a dog to the chairman. She thinks she has the right to enter MR's apartment and dictate what she wants to her daughter and hit her. Yes, she may have a story behind why she did what she did but that does not give her the right to suddenly order and belittle the daughter she did not even recognize. Even when she did not know who Mi Ri was, she already was giving her a hard time even when MI Ri was being praised by everyone as the talented manager. She gave money to SJ to send Mi Ri abroad all by herself to study. I am glad she was not sent abroad being that she will feel more unwanted and abandoned and SJ can read her well 

The hug scene, my interpretation. During their tour as they were walking together, Mi Ri had her hands all the while in front of her and her thumbs rubbing her fingers indicating that she was feeling vulnerable and unsure. She was self protecting. When she slipped and TJ caught her and started scolding, then when he looked at her face, MR's expression looked surprised and her eyes looked hurt as if she was about to cry and I think that is how TJ read her that is why when she turned away TJ pulled her back to hug her. Men don't like to see their women cry. 

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Have you watched "Let's Eat Dinner Together" by HJH and KSY's on ep 129 sub?

When the host asked her how did her husband (Lee Sang Woo) react when he saw his wife kissing scene inside the elevator on TV, she said LSW was holding a cold beer got from the fridge, he was "acting cool :w00t:

Yes, I saw it. He said that he won`t be jelous of his wife`s onscreen kisses. :D They are actors and they understand each other but it is not easy. I understand Soyeon who said that she is avoiding the watch the kiss scenes of her husband. She reads the script or when the scene is happening she is making herself busy. :lol:

He was lucky himself to find a caring, beautiful wife. They match each other.

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

It was a funny cameo. :lol:

1 hour ago, sheza said:

Don't hold your breath for a passionate kiss.  It is a family drama after all and I am sure with KSY newly married, they'd respect that enough to give her only if it is a must-have.

I know it is a family drama but I got the kisses in the last (the only) family drama that I watched. :D

I still have hope.

1 hour ago, sheza said:

TJ's dad is outright the most male chauvinist.  Women have to guard themselves against rumours at work even if they dating a subordinate.  If they are dating a superior, it would be even worse.  She would probably be labelled as a gold digger.  I hope it won't happen to Miri.

She can`t win other way. At least they know she is a capable woman who worked hard to be in that position.

Mi Ri and Tae joo will be a powerful couple. I liked how well he did at the directors` meeting. Mi Ri`s advise helped him too. I wish there are more scenes where they make a team to work with the other affiliates.

I hope they will resolve all their problems and be happy together.

I also like the scene in the car. He asked her why she chose Hansung Apparel to be the CEO. If she want a promotion, she could chose any position in the organization. He will understand everything when he will find out that Mi Ri is In sook`s daughter.

She asked his why he chose Hansung Apparel as well. Other executives recomanded Mi Ri as the best person to teach him well. Who knew he will find his lady of his heart as well!

About the preview... If Chairman is  threatening Mi Ri that he will let her penniless and kick her out, he is just ... unreasonable. Let see why he is angry.

Woo Jin has a new hairstyle!

When he has realised that Mi Hye likes him as a man, he became distant. I think he let his guard down a few times around her. He likes her too but he is in denial. Even Darcy felt in love. :)

We found out that Woo Jin was married before and he is a divorced man. I did not know.

Another thing... when Woo jin said that he liked when the Kang sister talked about their ideal man. I wish I see that scene. Please, writer-nim, gives us the scene!

14 hours ago, larus said:

Did you see the hug though? That was a body to body hug from head to foot. I loved it. I replayed the scene many times. It was all him hugging her and Mi Ri did not protest at once as she leaned into him and her head on his shoulder. I don't know if I am reading her expression right. She looked so hurt as if she wanted to cry. TJ does not want to see her hurting and that I think was a hug of comfort for them both. Back to the kiss, I wonder how the kiss will be.

5 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Did you see the hug though? That was a body to body hug from head to foot. I loved it. I replayed the scene many times. It was all him hugging her and Mi Ri did not protest at once as she leaned into him and her head on his shoulder. I don't know if I am reading her expression right. She looked so hurt as if she wanted to cry. TJ does not want to see her hurting and that I think was a hug of comfort for them both.

It was a moment when both of them let their wall down, a moment that reminded them from a sweet past moment. They made eye contact when Tae Joo showed his caring side and he saw that she still have feelings for him. Mi Ri tried to regain her composure but Tae Joo gave her a hug.

15 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Back to the kiss, I wonder how the kiss will be.

It will be a beautiful kiss because both of them will participate willingly. I can`t wait for that moment. :D

From the hug on last EP, we could see both still have feeling for each other and on the next preview EP, we can see TJ has started to pour out his feeling again for reassurance. MR character need lots of emotional support assurance and sense of security.

Back to the kiss, I pray hard to see it on next few ep :D but i doubt the writer will give it to us unless it is a necessary one because KSY is just newly wed. It is a norm for Korean woman to behave conservative in any kissing scene unless the role or storyline requires it. Look at the drama "Her private life", there were so many kissing scenes for both actors, and they are not even married and attached outside the drama and thus they behaved so daring on the scene. To be frank, i don't really enjoyed that drama, I am not a fan of too fantasy and unrealistic romance story. I watched it because of both actors but the story is sooo weak. I am a sucker for thriller, suspense, intense, unexpected storyline....am I the odd one?? B)

One thing for sure, i noticed this writer always gave us surprise plot at the end of each EP, e.g. the stolen kiss in the elevator, the hugging at the apartment corridor, MR back to office with chairman Han....these are few surprising plots and I loved it....

Back again, I look forward to expect the unexpected scenes from the writer :lol:

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Look at the drama "Her private life", there were so many kissing scenes for both actors, and they are not even married and attached outside the drama and thus they behaved so daring on the scene. To be frank, i don't really enjoyed that drama, I am not a fan of too fantasy and unrealistic romance story.

We all have a different take on what is realistic in a drama. What you consider unrealistic may in different parts of the world be considered realistic and what you consider realistic may not be considered as such by some. According to ones mindset a drama is viewed differently. But I won't discuss about another drama in this thread. However this statement,  "there were so many kissing scenes for both actors, and they are not even married and attached outside the drama and thus they behaved so daring on the scene" I will address. I think to say that the actors were daring to have so many kisses in the drama because they were not attached or married is dismissive and disdainful of the talent, skill, professionalism and hardwork of both actors and not fair. It is not as if they just kissed randomly. The kissing scenes are prepared and planned in advance, written in paper and discussed with the directors and actors and they are not allowed to do more than what was pre discussed. During the take, there are many cameras, cast, crew milling around and the director checking and many takes repeated. It is hardwork and has to do with dedication and expertise of the actors and not whether they are married, attached or not. The best kissing scenes (whew!!!) in K dramas that I have seen are the ones done by actors who are married and not to themselves but to other people because they are proffesional actors who are crack at what they do. KSY is an excellent actor whom I followed since I found her in "Gabi" and she is not a slouch in the kissing department either. In "I Need Romance 3" the romance there was hot and she can kiss. It is of course up to her to specify the kiss at her level of comfort together with the PD and the partner in this drama. Whatever way, she decides to do the kiss in this drama, is her choice and I will not judge her. She afterall is a superb actor.

Apologies for the rant

20 hours ago, zenya22 said:

My problem with IS is the way she thinks she is entitled to be mother to the daughter she abandoned, the daughter she did not even recognize and the daughter she belittles and keeps calling immature and tries to jeopardize everything the daughter worked for because she is afraid of losing what she has which is worth nothing and tells her daughter it is for her sake that she is driving her away from the place where she has worked hard and grew professionally. IS got her position by being a dog to the chairman. She thinks she has the right to enter MR's apartment and dictate what she wants to her daughter and hit her. Yes, she may have a story behind why she did what she did but that does not give her the right to suddenly order and belittle the daughter she did not even recognize. Even when she did not know who Mi Ri was, she already was giving her a hard time even when MI Ri was being praised by everyone as the talented manager. She gave money to SJ to send Mi Ri abroad all by herself to study. I am glad she was not sent abroad being that she will feel more unwanted and abandoned and SJ can read her well 

The hug scene, my interpretation. During their tour as they were walking together, Mi Ri had her hands all the while in front of her and her thumbs rubbing her fingers indicating that she was feeling vulnerable and unsure. She was self protecting. When she slipped and TJ caught her and started scolding, then when he looked at her face, MR's expression looked surprised and her eyes looked hurt as if she was about to cry and I think that is how TJ read her that is why when she turned away TJ pulled her back to hug her. Men don't like to see their women cry. 

I reserve my judgement on IS because from what I see, she is trying to push Miri away because she doesn't want her to be within a ten foot pole of the Han family.  IS herself is in too deep.  Sometimes I feel that her fears and judgment of the chairman is a bit irrational.  Other than the fact he is a male chauvinist pig, I don't see him as evil.  

I love what you said.  Men don't like to see their women cry!  I am hoping for more swoony scenes of the couple.  

About kissing scene in kdramas.

I read many times that people think that actors who are married would have less kissing scenes or that the writers will not include ones because the actors are married in real life.  I don`t think it is true at all. Actors are just portraying their characters on screen. Their status doesn`t matter or should not matter in a drama or movie. There are many type of kisses on kdramas and all are included in the script. The PD also instructs the actors and they all talk before they are shooting the scene.

The kissing scenes can be stressful for the actors. They can shoot the same scene many times in different angles before the PD is satisfied with the scene. 

Sorry for the actors if they have a lot to work but I still want to see a good kissing scene in this drama. :) I want to see both Mi ri and Tae Joo like a real couple, both being comfortable in the relationship. We have another half of this series.

Kdrama fashion

I love the blue shirt.  Soyeon wore the same model of the shirt in another color (it was white). In both she looked great.

Spoiler

Thanks for sharing your opinion in a different light. :):wub:

Each person has the every right to have different points of view. (Disclaimer : I have nothing against actors, in fact I like both actors [one acted in Voice S1, one from Kim secretary], otherwise, I won't pick up watching their recent drama, "Her private life"). The problem lies on the storyline written was too weak, and in my opinion, watching their kissing scenes became not so enjoyable. If their daring behaviour including the bed scene was pre-planned by the PD/writer, then i was even disappointed on this drama because their talents and professional skills were not fully utilised, they should have deserved a better plot/lively storyline written by the script writer. (Disclaimer : this is merely my personal opinion, no intention to offend any fans that support on this drama) However, I enjoyed watching the 1st leading actress office attire, her silky hair and her accessories. 

I may be the odd one mentioned in my earlier post when choosing drama. I choose my favourite actor/actress, if i find the story line became ridiculous or boring, i will probably drop it or may continue depends on my work schedule. However, if I find the storyline is so intense, despite if there is a new or unfamiliar actors, I will finish the drama because the story is so fantastic or appealing, and this is my personal choice.

Why I like TJ-MR this storyline is because they create roller-coaster ride, they entice the audience with hate, love and sadness, and it came with surprised plots at the end of each EP. Why most of us are longing for their sweet moment and their kissing scene, is because it was not on many occasions, not often appeared in the drama, that's why we find it precious and we pray for more and more sweet kisses scenes from the writer. If the kissing scene is too often, there is nothing appealing. But the writer is using the "carrot to fish the rabbit" (audience) to make the plot more interesting. The same analogy when we see a naked woman versus a woman with a low cut V shape clothing, which one is more sexy, tempting and appealing to us? 

God creates disparity for human to make the world wonderful as it complement each other because of different views, otherwise we will look like robot, everybody the same.  :D

1 hour ago, larus said:

married in real life.  I don`t think it is true at all. Actors are just portraying their characters on screen. Their status doesn`t matter or should not matter in a drama or movie. There are many type of kisses on kdramas and all are included in the script. The PD also instructs the acto

Once actors and actresses accept a role, it would seem they are agreeable to the acts they need to do. Maybe if they are married they would not accept a role with too much physical contact. Who knows.  In 'her private life' and also another which I read had comments on too much kissing was ' Noona who brought me food', the OTPs were single in real life. That would take the jealousy element out.

Both TJ and MR are in their 30's,  theirs is a slow attraction before they became a couple. So I am not expecting hot stuff. Another one which I felt was a sweet gentle relationship that built up slowly was a show about  step siblings and the beginning of a kiss was shown at the very end. The OTP were in their late 30's.

they should have deserved a better plot/lively storyline written by the script writer.

Many times the actors deserve a better storyline. I agree with you that the plot was weak but I did enjoy their scene.

I like to watch sometimes fluffy dramas but in the end I often said to myself. I am not a fan of Kdramas Rom com. :lol: I think you are the same. I also like more serious dramas. Maybe we  should not compare dramas, especially if there are two different genre.

Speaking of the plot...  I wish the writer of Mother of Mine will not give In Sook a soaperish reason to abandone her daughter. (But I don`t worry.)   It was nothing but her own selfish decision. She chose herself to succeed in life and she left behind her daughter to do that.

I like the scene between In Sook and Mi ri in the office. In Sook told her that she should not show her own emotion (like cutting her her) and Mi ri said to her why she even cares. Mi ri gave her the right replies. :D In Sook appeared as she gave up to want to impose her daughter what she has to do. "You are going through trials and errors too", she said to Mi ri.

Finally, In Sook understood that. No matter how much she knows the Chairman and the corporation life, she is not in a position to "teach" her what she should do. If she really wants to help her daughter is to support her when she will need it.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Both TJ and MR are in their 30's,  theirs is a slow attraction before they became a couple. So I am not expecting hot stuff. Another one which I felt was a sweet gentle relationship that built up slowly was a show about  step siblings and the beginning of a kiss was shown at the very end. The OTP were in their late 30's.

I am not obsesive over this. :D What I really want is to see a good development of their realtionship. To feel it natural. I will be satisfied with both being comfortable together.

i did 6 episodes straight.. and actually after ep 43-44 you know, the day of MR’s dad memorial, i felt sorry for IS. she visits the river every year.. as much as she grumbled and blamed her ex husband, i think she still truly loved him. he was a sound engineer in a broadcasting station (according to SJ) i guess he fell in love with IS who was a very popular newscaster at that time.. she was at her prime, hungry for wealth and fame. but he didn’t give up pursuing her.. had MR, then he died.. young. :skull:

as much as its totally wrong to abandon her own daughter for whatever the reason.. i think IS will still aid MR later on in the plot. seems like for her to kneel before chairman han could have been a start to something. she said to MR for her to have a pact with the sly old man now means both of them will suffer the same fate of downfall if he gets to know about the mother-daughter r/s. so i guess moving forward, she will be watching MR’s back.. even though MR hates and ignores whatever IS does as being selfish for her own. i dunno, this could be a logical explanation for IS and MR to reconcile later on at the end.. :grimace:

chairman han.. since he had some lawsuits or prosecution dragged by sungil corporation (thus the grudge to soo yi’s dad) he could have been involved in not so honest business engagements.. lets just say for an old man, he probably could have ended up being charged for something.. too old for jail term, stroke or bedridden haha im predicting endings :tounge_xd:

Mi Ok being such a pain in the butt mother in law.. i was relieved to see the weak side of her, and her fear.. i felt sorry for her 40yrs which she dedicated to her family but being taken for granted.. she cried so bitterly to her friend (or who?) on the phone.. and hey, JS actually has a sister?? i dun remember seeing her appear in the previous episodes..

TJ.. no comments till next weekend!! but, he should move back to the same apartment..

57 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

chairman han.. since he had some lawsuits or prosecution dragged by sungil corporation (thus the grudge to soo yi’s dad) he could have been involved in not so honest business engagements.. lets just say for an old man, he probably could have ended up being charged for something.. too old for jail term, stroke or bedridden haha im predicting endings 

In Sook said that he destroys people easily, he changes his moods ... whatever. Every time he threatens Tae Joo that he will destroy Miri because he doesn`t do what he wants, I am rolling my eyes. Come on! Be more inteligent! I don`t want to see how he can do what he says but he should stop telling Tae Joo what he should do with his life.

He has a medical condition. He should take it easy and not shopw his temper tantrum all the time.

57 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

and hey, JS actually has a sister?? i dun remember seeing her appear in the previous episodes..

Yes, Mi Ok said that her daughter is living in US. We did not see her, just like we did not see Tae Joo`s younger brother and his step mother.

Pretty Chingus...

I need Jae Bum to grow a pair. Truthfully, men like him are dangerous. They come around all friendly wanted to rescue the damsel in distress, but they secretly have an agenda. JB is cruel because he presented himself as MH's friend to her, while subtly showing his intention while appeasing her family, completely ignoring the fact that MH has always kept him at a distance. I thought she was mean to him at first, but now I realize that being mean is the only way to get through to him. He is wildly stubborn and determined to MAKE MH like him and see him as a man. She has not in at least 10-15 years, it is never happening. He needs to give her space to grow and naturally fall for someone in a healthy way, himself included. WJ is already in love with MH, but he's got issues and is trying to keep a line between them. He will break it before she does.

I said this after the first couple of episodes, and I will say it again. MS needs to divorce JS. He is just way too selfish to be married to anyone. He doesn't care about his parents. He doesn't care about DB, nor her. EVERYTHING is about him. He puts himself first no matter what. No amount of counseling is going to fix that. Meanwhile, his parents don't communicate with one another at all. I've seen this before. Couples who lead separate lives. Then the husband retires and is now home all the time and they stop getting along. I didn't care for that art gigolo, but MO deserves a friend to talk to just like her husband running to the pharmacist.

MR made a bad deal. She stepped into the wolves' den, but she is still vulnerable. The chairman is a misogynistic piece of crap and can't be trusted. IS is selfish and power hungry. The only reason she was able to make a deal is because she produces. The company benefited financially from her hard work. They need her more than she needs them, she's just to insecure to see it. Also, she made the deal as revenge to IS, not because she desperately wants that position. I predict that MR is going to overhear the chairman talking about IS and find out her required her to abandon her daughter. She is going to be sick. Imagine making a deal with the very person who helped cause all of your pain and suffering? Also, I predict a separation and time jump for her and TJ. She is way too vulnerable to get involved with him. The timing is bad. He just wants what he wants, but she is really not in a position to be involved with him right now. I want him to find out the truth about her and IS, so he can stop being so naive. 

4 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

JB is cruel because he presented himself as MH's friend to her, while subtly showing his intention while appeasing her family, completely ignoring the fact that MH has always kept him at a distance. I thought she was mean to him at first, but now I realize that being mean is the only way to get through to him. He is wildly stubborn and determined to MAKE MH like him and see him as a man. 

im quite surprised that JB has a dad who is a hospital director in gangnam.. we dun really know much about him except he follows MH around for years, very close to MH’s family.. a successful script writer.. in a way, he lacks nothing in life except for a woman he never manage to get — MH. thats why she became the focus of his life. WJ on the other hand, omg he was so hostile from the first few times when MH first brought her manuscript to being a part timer in the cafe and then when she finally is able to write he became so friendly and caring, which girl will not take these as a wrong signal?? then he suddenly realised that and became all unfriendly again?? duh. this drama, everyone seems to have some dark family secrets..

Archived