[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, marypots08 said:

Is it just me but the way the chairman looks at women and MR in particular is very uncomfortable

I hooe the writer won't go the path of MR to have rumor as mistress of the chairman.

You are not alone. He looks like he wants them to have sex with him. He creeps me out. That's why I want her to leave this whole ugly situation with this family and their company and start somewhere else. The Chinese woman will take her. Rembmer, she is the one that pointed to the creepy old man that he looks interested in Mi Ri. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that MR has returned to Hansung, TJ would have to honour his promise "to let her go". Would be interesting to see how they respond to seeing each other at work regularly. Previously, MR always somewhat unhappy when TJ gave her cold shoulder and she wants to make up with him. So a little bit of "ignoring" or "seeing him with another girl" would make her think of him more..  ;-)

Also, i wonder if he would still keep wearing the couple ring going forwards...!!

The break-up scene: it should have been heart wrenching, as MR is devastated after suffering a double-whammy betrayal – having lost both her boyfriend and her job. I watched the scene a few times, and feel that the words “your attitude, confidence, guts as a newbie…” are very much on point and well delivered by MR.  I hear the words but do not feel the emotions from TJ, who is quite wooden in this emotional scene.  I could not feel that MR is the great love of his life, not like before.  Which is a pity, because I felt the actor did such a good job during the courtship days.  In fact, in this emotionally-charged episode, TJ seemed a bit lost in all the scenes he appeared in.  It will be very interesting to see how his character matures into a man who can use action to take care of his sunbae.  If MR is back as the Marketing GM, she will be working under TJ.  This would be very hard to take for someone like her.  TJ must really man up.

I still don`t like how Chairman Han treats women but, with seeing the scene with subtitles the scene with In sook, he was not that bad as I original thought . Now I know what was his problems with her.

He doesn`t give her an oportunity to do what she wants at all. She knows every move of her. When she does something independent, something that could put her to an advantage, he stops her. It is hard to believe that he doesn`t know by now that Mi Ri is In Sook`s daughter but I don`t think he knows. When he will find out he will be very angry at Director Park who kept him in the dark.

About his "lustful eyes" and other comments towards women.... Eww:crazy:   It is not a surprise to see that from a misogynistic man, but I hope they won`t show more than what they implyed so far. I wonder how it is his wife. I bet she is a much younger woman who married him for money.  His wife and ten years old son are living in the US. I can`t understand how they sent young children to study abroad from an young age.   I know that South Korea has a very good education system. I could understand someone to go to an University over seas but a ten years old child?

6 hours ago, KikiTata said:

Also, i wonder if he would still keep wearing the couple ring going forwards...!!

I think he will keep wearing the ring until he will decide that it is time to let her go. Mi Ri did not send him her ring. That`s a good sign for him. He still has hope. 

For Tae Joo htere is a new experience. He took a great responsability, he feels all sort of emotions over the break up. It is hard for him too.

2 hours ago, Trings said:

It will be very interesting to see how his character matures into a man who can use action to take care of his sunbae.  If MR is back as the Marketing GM, she will be working under TJ.  This would be very hard to take for someone like her.  TJ must really man up.

It is hard for Mi ri to have a boss a former subordonate but it will be hard for Tae Joo too to have a much competent subordonate. He has the advantage that he is the succesor of Hansung group. I think that Tae Joo could temperate Mi ri when she will go bolder in business. She has to prove something, she will want to risk more doing business. 

I also liked  the scene where Mi ri told him why she is angry with him. Mi Ri admired his high confidence. It is not easy for a common young man to persue his boss. Now she understood from where comes that confidence and daring. She is also a proud woman. She wants to succeed but she wants to do it differently from In sook, she wants to do it on her own. Of course she doesn`t want to hear how he will help her.

@diane90 Miri doesnt have close friend thats because her personal character.

If you remember miri ever told TJ if she has lack of confidence bcz her mother abandoned her.

She also ever told TJ if she never felt gratitude to anyone else except to her family and TJ.

So i think bcz her lack of confidence,feel unwanted.she want to become a success person.she said she only study..study..study and then work.even when people praise her she still not proud of her self.

So i understand why she doesnt have any close friend.

She is introvert and think that only with her family she feel enough.

Who would have known that Chairman Han doesn`t want the chaebol girl, So hee, as his son`s girlfriend/ future wife? Sorry, In sook ! Chairman preferes Mi ri right now. :lol: But I think things will change when he will find out that she is In Sook`s daughter.

Peter Park used to take care of the cute dog and now he takes care of Winnie the Pooh. :)

I wish characters from different storyline would meet somehow. Woo Jin will meet Mi sun or Mi Ri? He knows them a little from Mi Hye`s stories. Mi Ri is cutting the hair with the ruler and Mi Sun shortens the bangs too much.:D As well, Tae Joo has to meet Mi Hye.

The Chairman is bad. How can he sound better with subs to understand him? I was feeling incensed every time he called her a dog. And since some of us know what roles some Koreans consider animals or dogs as it makes it worse. 

It's OTT and this is not about the jindo but I found him written as a bad person from the start. And I get that part of the drama. But I also get reminded sort of semi- regularly about an unsavory aspect of eating in Korea- long story but belong to a plant based eating group in SK- so coupled with him sneering and calling her a "kei" sort of sets me off. There have been multiple dramas before when being a master's dog has been used. But this part went on for quite a while.

So no he does not sound less bad with subs.  He can have problems. People in life will always have problems with other people. Seeing or treating someone you despise is another matter.

I do understand he is a drama character. I am just commenting the writer clearly wants him written as a despicable one. Hopefully not a redeemable one for really? Who wants a FIL like that?

He was such a jerk in that scene. I wouldn't mention " hee haw " as that would insult another animal.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:13 PM, denise_b said:

Yes MH didn`t treat JB nicely but I think she was fair with him. I mean she did not give him false hope.

JB seems to not understand her poposition and tries to force to accept him by all means. The thing is that even before he dumped her, the relasionship wasn`t a romantic one, it was a friendship the most.

He came back after 3 years , pretty arrogant in the beginning, teasing her about that so called writer career of hers. He became interested again only when MH told him that she will sign a contract (it was a lie then) with the publishing company, and the owner is a very handsome man.

Anyway JB became unbeareble most of the times, triying to controll every move of MH. He will “sufocate” her with her family`s acceptance. Now even more when he invaded the office as well. And he has allies now, not only the family who prefers to take his side , but Peter Park  as well who tries to support him” to write” the successful book. Peter does not know JB real intentions of meddling in MH life by all means.

The boy in the ox bone soup restaurant said it  very well, that no woman would want to be stalked like that.

It t is tiresome to fight that, not to mention that MH won`t be able to write properely. It is just a matter of time, and MH vulcanic temper will explode again . She is after all her mother`s daughter…

MH started to write again only because WJ believed in her and supported her. MH was right, she didn`t afford to do literature, because of her own weaknes, but let`s be honest the home atmosphere wasn`t a good one at all  for such a creating work.

Now, the so called romance between her and WJ…

I think it`s natural for her to develop feelings for the man who helped her so much to regain trust in her writing.  He is her knight in shiny armure… The thing is that she is going to suffer, because WJ is a man with emotional scars, and things are different for a man like this. They might not be involved in a romantic relationship at all…

I like WJ character, he is very much Mr. Darcy-like…

The actress is so much better now. She used to act as if she had some neural disease, screwing her face in many ways to show different emotions, overacting much of the time. Either the director reigned her in or someone had given her advice. I shan't be surprised if her relationship with the two men are left open ended at the end. JB is portrayed as a lovesick puppy or panda and the cool, good looking editor is just waiting for the right woman to catch him,  how can she choose one when viewers will be spilt between the two? Furthermore, MH has been providing the comic relief. No upsetting one group of viewers for another.

I thought MR was talking to TJ. The father admitted that MR was good and she could be his support to be the next big boss. At the director's meeting, one of them commented that MR taught TJ well.

That's too bad, that she was now back as GM. I would not trust the  old goat to promote me to junior director or higher if I were MR.  Promotion as the most tangible condition for her return. The rest would be just promises.

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So no he does not sound less bad with subs.  He can have problems. People in life will always have problems with other people. Seeing or treating someone you despise is another matter.

He is an unpleasent man and in my opinion he is the worst. The scene I mentioned did not changed that but when I say that he doesn`t sound so bad, I was comparing with what I thought it was about. He was himself, he treated In Sook like always, he kept her in check, controling, demeaning. He called himself a hunting dog and he said he doesn`t "raise" someone who bites him back. My perception of how horrible he treats people (especially women) has not changed after seeing with subtitles but I understood his sourse of upsetting. 

He was upset because In Sook made some independent moves and some of them  could be considered against Chairman Han`s decisions. He has foiled a plan of In Sook and was claming that he is still the leader of Hansung Group. I might not agree with how he treats people but this time I thought he had a valid point to be upset. 

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Who wants a FIL like that? 

Nobody. And I said it that I don`t want Mi ri to enter that family and he was the major reason.  But because she loves Tae Joo, she has to and I have to accept it. (I sound like her mother right now:D)  Thank God that Tae Joo doesn`t seem like his father at all. In the last episode, Chairman Han said that he likes how his son is behaving ( he likes it because he did what he wanted) and that he hopes he is like him (ruthless in business). He implied that beeing blood related, he must share the same threats.  We`ll see how Tae Joo will behave further. He is the hero so no major worry from  me.

50 minutes ago, maribella said:

That's too bad, that she was now back as GM. I would not trust the  old goat to promote me to junior director or higher if I were MR.  Promotion as the most tangible condition for her return. The rest would be just promises.

Exactly. Mi Ri did not gain anything. She returned in a cool way, having the Chariman`s support but she is in the same position. Promises can be broken. She should not trust Chairman Han. She will work like it is no day tomorrow and later, they could throw her when they will want. Mi Ri doesn`t think clearly. She is blinded by her negative emotions towards In Sook.

I agree with In Sook when she worries that her daughter has entered into the wolf`s den/ tiger`s mouth. She entered voluntarily, just to rebel against her biological mother. She doesn`t know how it is to fight in the big league (to be involved in the fight for supremacy in the corporation). In Sook lived there for almost 30 years, she knows it and lived it.  I worry myself but In sook can not stop her now. She is not in a position for Mi ri to listen to her. Mi Ri is like an angry kid. She will do the opposite.

34 minutes ago, larus said:

league (to be involved in the fight for supremacy in the corporation). In Sook lived there for almost 30 years, she knows it and lived it.  I worry myself but In sook can not stop her now. She is not in a position for Mi ri to listen to her. Mi Ri is like an angry kid. She will do the opposite.

There are so many more episodes for MR to turn wicked, dancing to the Chairman's tune, then repent? Save by a loving family and loyal TJ? I think I am liking this. 

In KDs, we often get the worst parents but the main lead, their child is just a wonderful human being. While I do think that can happen, children do learn from their parents and even as an adult, we have absorbed a lot of what we saw and experienced as a child. Some of the values the old man lived by must have rubbed on TJ, if in real life. But he is like chalk and cheese, night and day when compared with the father. He was also brought up by IS. I find his character awfully unreal and cannot predict what he would.

BTW, the way the chairman dressed down IS was so brutal, beyond rude. She swallowed all that for a job and a career? :confounded: painful just to read the subs.

28 minutes ago, maribella said:

BTW, the way the chairman dressed down IS was so brutal, beyond rude. She swallowed all that for a job and a career? :confounded: painful just to read the subs.

He always treated her that way. I really don`t understand why she has to bear all this treatment just to stay in the family. Is she waiting for the moment when Chairman Han will die and be free of all this abuse? Then, she will do what she wants? Still, a sad life she chose. 30 years....

In Sook is ambitious and I think she remained there because she feels there is no family to return. She has abandoned her daughter to be in the Han family. She also could think that she has sacrificed too much and she can not lose all now.  Her husband died (she is a widow for ten years) and her only emotional support in her life was Tae Joo.  

I am sure In Sook has money left from her husband. She could take it and live a comfortable life but she stays there. It is her choice.

She has feelings for her daughter but I think she will be devastated more if Tae Joo will turn against her.  I think Tae Joo will be dissapointed and sad to hear that In Sook was the women who abandoned Mi Ri but he will not break the relationship with In Sook. She was like a mother to him. Maybe he'll be a binder between the two women to get along in the end. 

I'm curious was IS was married to the Chairman's brother?

MiRi calls her a concubine

And in the flashback scene with the chairman she told her not to marry his brother but to be by his side.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, nubianlegalmind said:

I knew JB was going to get his feelings hurt when he pushed his way into Dol Dam to be near MH. I get the impression that in the past MH wasn't really interested in men because she was too busy writing and creating. During this time, JB pushed his way into her life and won over her family. However, she has always treated him as a friend, a pushy one, but a friend none the less. 

I just need her family to learn how to listen to her and stop treating her like something that needs to be micro-managed.

True.  MH`s uncle said to JB  that she is not interested in a romance.

In a way JB is suffering willingly. He sees that she does not treat him differently now, when he became a famous drama writer, so whatever will  happen to him in the future  because of MH , it is his choice.

MR told him to loose weight and to change the style in which he dresses, but that won't change anything because he is just a friend to MH, pretty annoying sometimes.  JB needs to let MH go (she is not the only woman in the world),  and find himself someone who will reciprocate his feelings.

The problem with MH`s family is that they didn't take her seriously. She was all the time just the immature youngest daughter and sister like WJ said. The family needs to accept that MH  is an adult who can have her own choices in life.

About the actress who plays MH`s role, I think her acting improved very much lately. She is young, only 26 years old, it is her first drama, and she plays a 31 years old woman…  There are people who don't like her, but  she was selected from 200 candidates for MH`s role. I heard that back in april in the “Happy Together”show, where  the actresses who play SJ, MS, MR and MH were invited. So ...

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

I'm curious was IS was married to the Chairman's brother?

MiRi calls her a concubine

And in the flashback scene with the chairman she told her not to marry his brother but to be by his side.

Yes, she was married with Chairman Han`s younger brother. We saw how they were together when they received a prize (in the first episode). The TV commentators/ journalists said that she was a widow and she worked hard to be accepted in the family (they have insinuated that). 

In another scene, Chairman Han said that he put a condition for In sook to enter the family (to abandone her daughter) to try her determination. I remember that scene but I am not sure if I understood corectly.

I am sure Chairman Han asked her to stay by his side without marriage but from what we know, she did not accepted.

I don`t think In Sook had to abandone her daughter if she did not marry in the family. I even don`t understand why she had to do that in the first place but that`s another thing.

When Mi ri was abandoned, In Sook was not married yet. Mi Ri said that she was abandoned and her mother left her using a rich man`s car. I don`t know why Mi Ri called In Sook a concubine. Maybe she wanted to insult her, or she was trying to say that they treat her as a concubine because she was not from the high class. We`ll see.

The writer doesn`t give us the whole information, she lets us speculate. Just like we found out from Su Ja`s mouth in the recent episode that she and In sook had the same mother in law. Before that, we guessed because of the honorifics they used, and later Mi sun called her aunt.

1 hour ago, denise_b said:

In a way JB is suffering willingly. He sees that she does not treat him differently now, when he became a famous drama writer, so whatever will  happen to him in the future  because of MH , it is his choice.

In a way, I feel sorry for Jae Bum but not because Mi Hye is treating him now but because of his obsesive behavior. He can`t let her go. He set up himself to be heartboken. He knew that Mi Hye is starting to show interest in Woo Jin, she knows that Mi Hye doesn`t treat him as a boyfriend (doesn`t treat him nice either), doesn`t treat him as a suitor.

He is jelous, he has dropped out from a previous collaboration to join Woo Jin`s agency to stay close to Mi Hye.

I wish Jae Bum will move on. He has to regain his self esteem, to pick up the broken pieces  and maybe he will fall in love with another woman someday. I wish he will continue to be a part of the family if he will resolve this issue.

I am glad he has a shoulder to cry on.

Actor Han Ki Woong with a script.

Dr caught the 2nd half of the episode. Subs will be out in about 9 or 10hrs.

MS finally has empathy towards IS and her MIL and hire someone. MH finally tell JB she doesn't see him as a man. That is the last 5 min.

Chairman Han finally tells TJ the deal had struck with MR. Poor TJ. And IS had a confrontation with MR. Well I don't know what loyalty IS expects from MR. SJ and MS are correct. Those 2 don't behave like a mother- daughter but are enemies. And whose speculated about MR's, new position Is correct.

Last scene.... What can I say? MR has balls of steel. And poor TJ- is defeated and the professional lines drawn. Then the preview though- it doesn't look like a reconciliation but writer finally chooses to show how both leads are taking the break up.

I have been up 16hrs. I watched it but didn't try to hard to get the words. I just got the gist. And am off to bed.

Archived