[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When MR said " we come back where we were...." she said to IS not TJ

bc even when she will become CEO she will never be superieur than TJ

she'll never be superieur than ............the Chairman bc he'll become Hansung's Chairman one day !

So what she does, she'll aways be ..... Hansung dog as her mom IS .

she's smart but why she doesn't think about this   haizzzzzz !

The character of IS remembers me Arvin Sloan played by actor Ron Rifkin in US serie Alias

we don't know he's a good or bad person...... he's " entre deux"

Like IS we don't know she's blach or white.......she's grey hahaha !

Personne n'est parfait ! even at the age 70 !

So why there are Criminology, psychology...... to understand people !

I don't like the character of Mi Hye, she doesn't care of her family : her mom; sisters....

and the way she said she doesn't like JB bc he's fat..... it's called the discrimination !

Girls who run after handsome gusy will suffer one day !

About TJ : I understand him why he waits until the day he becpmes MR man to tell her about his identity !

When you are chairman's son : rich & powerful  family; we don't know people love you sincere or not !

Yes MH didn`t treat JB nicely but I think she was fair with him. I mean she did not give him false hope.

JB seems to not understand her poposition and tries to force to accept him by all means. The thing is that even before he dumped her, the relasionship wasn`t a romantic one, it was a friendship the most.

He came back after 3 years , pretty arrogant in the beginning, teasing her about that so called writer career of hers. He became interested again only when MH told him that she will sign a contract (it was a lie then) with the publishing company, and the owner is a very handsome man.

Anyway JB became unbeareble most of the times, triying to controll every move of MH. He will “sufocate” her with her family`s acceptance. Now even more when he invaded the office as well. And he has allies now, not only the family who prefers to take his side , but Peter Park  as well who tries to support him” to write” the successful book. Peter does not know JB real intentions of meddling in MH life by all means.

The boy in the ox bone soup restaurant said it  very well, that no woman would want to be stalked like that.

It t is tiresome to fight that, not to mention that MH won`t be able to write properely. It is just a matter of time, and MH vulcanic temper will explode again . She is after all her mother`s daughter…

MH started to write again only because WJ believed in her and supported her. MH was right, she didn`t afford to do literature, because of her own weaknes, but let`s be honest the home atmosphere wasn`t a good one at all  for such a creating work.

Now, the so called romance between her and WJ…

I think it`s natural for her to develop feelings for the man who helped her so much to regain trust in her writing.  He is her knight in shiny armure… The thing is that she is going to suffer, because WJ is a man with emotional scars, and things are different for a man like this. They might not be involved in a romantic relationship at all…

I like WJ character, he is very much Mr. Darcy-like…

8 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@Sheenigummy only way to find out  is to look at the writer's  past work and who she killed off.  She did kill off the dad in the last drama I watched.  I vaguely  remember her  previous  works. And she has written a lot of dramas.

Jusf for  curiosity  guys? How  does  TJ look different? Thinking of SJ's reaction in ep 22.

And since I am in the mood to wallow in pain; not  going  to analyze the  plot that much. Since I can't  influence  the writer.  Can I just say the MR and TJ scene was wonderful. Sigh, the  pain. The hurt. With what she said vs what her eyes look like. The subs are ok but the words she used are more cutting in Korean. 

Stab , stab, stab.  She is so good.

Poor TJ. Too late for apologies. 

Imo i don’t think he looks different LOL

6 hours ago, diane90 said:

like her real mom, they have no friend... it's not bc of working at school or at work

it's about their character, they think they are perfect , superieur than others 

I don't like these people; Get up quickly and fall down one day....in the same way......very quickly !

They think they are perfect, superior than others? I don`t think so. IMO, It is not true.

Even In sook. She teaches Tae Joo that he should be the next succesor of Hansung Group and he should spend time with people of his own class. But she knows exactly from where she is. She did not feel like she belongs in the family, she always lived with a chip on her shoulder.

About Mi Ri... she doesn`t feel superior at all. Au contraire, even when everyone recognizes her as a good profesional, even when she deserves all the praise because she is indeed a very good profesional woman, she doesn`t feel like she deserves it. Her abandonement made the way she is today. It can negatively affect someone in a personal relationship. She wanted to be the best in everything, to not disappoint her family or her superior at work. She has problems with self esteem, she doubts that she could be a good mother or wife. 

About her lack of friends... I don`t think she did not have any friends at school but she did not date. It is understandable because she indeed concentrated on study and then at work. Plus, that she was not interested in dating because of her idea that marriage and love it is not for her.

6 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

BTW, given Chairman's distrustful personality, it's hard to believe that he didn't know about IS' daughter before allowing her into the family. 

Chairman Han knew about In Sook`s daughter. It was a scene where he said that one of his condition to accept her in the family was that she will abandon her daughter. He wanted to see how determined she is. Even so,  I still can`t understand how she could not convinced her future husband to take her daughter. It was an unreasonable request from the Chairman. She was just a daughter of a previous marriage. In Sook was an anouncer, her first husband was a stage engineer.

8 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I was extremely irritated with both SJ and the uncle. And even MS.  What's with the constant " real mother " reference?  Ergh even Koreans have a word for biological parent.

Yes, I noticed that. I thought it is just the translation. The "real" mom here is Sun ja who raised her for almost 30 years. Even knowing that she is the mother that counts, Sun ja is starting to feel inferior to the blood conection  between Mi ri and In Sook.

2 hours ago, denise_b said:

I think it`s natural for her to develop feelings for the man who helped her so much to regain trust in her writing.  He is her knight in shiny armure… The thing is that she is going to suffer, because WJ is a man with emotional scars, and things are different for a man like this. They might not be involved in a romantic relationship at all…

She is developing feelings for Woo Jin but Woo Jin is developing feelings for her too. He is slowly telling her things about himself. He is opening up to her. So far, he doesn`t want to recognize that he has interests in her not only professionally (like he is telling her and maybe to himself) but  personally too. I think they will be romantically involved.

7 hours ago, marypots08 said:

the chairman is one of the worst character in this drama. He uses people for his and his company's benefit.

He takes advantage of people's greed, desire and pain.

After watching with subtitle, I don`t find Mi ri `s deal with a Chariman a good deal. The Chairman is a snake. He is not to be trusted. She accepted to come back without a promotion, a contract or anything. Just his word that he will support her to be more succesful than In Sook? No matter if Mi Ri will be perfect on the job (all her business deals will be profitable), a promotion takes time and there are many variables left. The Chairman may withdraw his support at any time. But it was a good trick of the writer to put her again in Hansung orbit. 

2 hours ago, 12blbl said:

Imo i don’t think he looks different LOL

I did not think he looks different either. I laughed at the last scene, when Sun ja and her brother looked so surprised seeing Tae Joo. :D

@larus  I said she has no friend....girl frienf not boyfriend !

In many drams the heroines have best friends always beside them to consol, advise....

Secret garden, Goblin, The greatest love..... and now in One spring night ......

bc she has no friend to talk about her problems in her heart, something she can't tell

to SJ or MS......so she's depressed ! she becomes hysteriric when she's ancry

she's like a dog wants beating everyone !

I think she needs a psy

At this moment, the winner is the chairman han, a sly fox able to see thru the greed for money and power from IS and the ambitious and determination to succeed from MR. He is making use of these two women to fight against each other obviously, whoever wins will benefits the company based on his theory...

He is the mastermind behind...I like the story getting interesting and the 4 characters roles entangled together in the storyline.

In any Kdrama, someone must be in a villain role to make story interesting, Chairman Han played a vital role in this twisted storyline, he deserved an applause for his excellence acting (many years of experiences), whenever he laughed, his creepy look at MR and IS, his cunning words of speech will make you hate him so much. If IS is hypocrite, then Chairman is sanctimonious in the company.  The writer has successfully created a wonderful and distinctive character for this chairman role and I like it.  To create an imperfect person in drama is much easier than to create a perfect person.

53 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Chairman Han played a vital role in this twisted storyline, he deserved an applause for his excellence acting (many years of experiences), whenever he laughed, his creepy look at MR and IS, his cunning words of speech will make you hate him so much. 

http://asianwiki.com/Myung_Gye-Nam

the list of movies and dramas he has acted along the years is incredible! :grimace: i watched Beautiful World that had just ended, he was the principal there and he had the benevolent look.. like an extreme opposite of chairman han :joy:

15 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

http://asianwiki.com/Myung_Gye-Nam

the list of movies and dramas he has acted along the years is incredible! :grimace: i watched Beautiful World that had just ended, he was the principal there and he had the benevolent look.. like an extreme opposite of chairman han :joy:

Really? Thanks for your kind sharing :wub:

Wow....Yes he is an incredible actor.....I did not watch all his previous projects. I only know him thru this drama. So now you know that I am not k-drama fever. :w00t:

I watched this drama because of Kim So Yeon.

My current kdrama watch list is : Voice 3 , Song Joong ki "Arthdal Chronicles" (OMG, this drama got 3 seasons to chase :crazy:) and this one. But I can see you watch many kdrama, how you manage so many ...:D

After watching the subbed episode I have mixed feelings about Mi Ri rejoining the company. They are making her, her biological mother's daughter. Her adoptive mother is feeling insecure and unsettled and for some strange reason, she is letting her go. I am uneasy how the mean chairman talked to Mi Ri and he set his case. Wait until he finds out she is his sister in law's biological daughter because he will treat them both as mats to be stepped on. 

Mi Ri let go and find another place to shine. You got it girl and there is absolutely no need to prolong this agony with this concubine and her family. 

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

@larus  I said she has no friend....girl frienf not boyfriend !

In many drams the heroines have best friends always beside them to consol, advise....

Secret garden, Goblin, The greatest love..... and now in One spring night ......

bc she has no friend to talk about her problems in her heart, something she can't tell

to SJ or MS......so she's depressed ! she becomes hysteriric when she's ancry

she's like a dog wants beating everyone !

I think she needs a psy

I understood you. All those dramas are not family dramas with lots of characters. The writer introduces a close friend as a suporting character because the format allows it. The script usually concentrates only in two leads.

Miri doesn`t have a friend on screen because there are already lots of characters that needs screen time. Even Tae Joo doesn`t have a friend on screen. In the last episode, Soo Hee mentioned that his friends are upset that he doesn`t visit them but I am afraid we won`t see any of them either.

I will be happy if they will show more scenes with the sisters. It was one when Mi sun found out about In sook. It was a scene with Mi ri and Mi Hye.  I love to see the sisters bonding more. The sisters can talk about heart problems just like very close friends can do it.

Mi ri needed a profesional help about her issue of abandonement. It was an old trauma who affects her till today. Of course that the plot needs her be this way. But even without terapy, she could heal more if she will start to open up to people. It was a good moment when she has started to trust Tae Joo but unfortunately the new revelation about him broke that trust. There is a tremendously stress on Mi ri lately. Lots of things happened and the major issue (her biological mother) is present in her everyday life. She was rejected again. Not only her old wound did not heal properly, the new one  has spread the old scars. She is angry and I don`t know how a person in her situation won`t be affected by that.

But she definetly needs help. Fortunately she has people who loves her sincerely and they will help her.

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

The writer has successfully created a wonderful and distinctive character for this chairman role and I like it.  To create an imperfect person in drama is much easier than to create a perfect person.

I agree. I could say so many bad things about the Chairman Han. He makes me angry most of the time but I want to see what he will do next. :D I also think that he is the only beneficiary from mother- daughter`s fight.

30 minutes ago, smhelen said:

Mi Ri let go and find another place to shine. You got it girl and there is absolutely no need to prolong this agony with this concubine and her family. 

I could not agree more. This is the healthy way to deal. To distance yourself from the major stress and see things from other perspective. But we won`t have a drama of 50 episodes to watch. :) I just wish they won`t prelong the issue without some developments.

Pretty Chingus...A  Few Thoughts

I touched on this before and now that the show has taken a deeper dive, it is clear they are tackling the issue of how women in MO's generation were expected to just be housewives and mothers and suffer in silence because that was their duty. Forget how isolating that is, or how she is expected to not have an identity or social life outside of that. I love that they are shedding light on this. MO is depressed and probably has been living with depression for many years. It really annoyed me when MS was talking to JS and he uttered that his mother has always talked like that, even when he was a child and he just didn't give a darn either way. That is not something to take lightly. What is even more annoying is how her husband gets to leave, socialize, meet up with friends, flirt with the pharmacist, and it is acceptable. He can be around other women and no one would think anything of it. That evil double standard that so many women are up against. DB is getting a lesson on how differently society treats men and women. MS and JS should get a babysitter and they BOTH need to help out at home. I still don't like JS and interestingly enough, I am not too fond of his father right now either.

I knew JB was going to get his feelings hurt when he pushed his way into Dol Dam to be near MH. I get the impression that in the past MH wasn't really interested in men because she was too busy writing and creating. During this time, JB pushed his way into her life and won over her family. However, she has always treated him as a friend, a pushy one, but a friend none the less. Then, somewhere along the line, they dated briefly and then JB broke up with her to go out and make something of himself. Once he became successful, he came back around throwing around his wealth and influence, but by then MH was depressed from her prolonged writer's block and was not in the position to care about being involved with anyone. WJ has awoken that side of her as a woman, JB knows it because it is a side that she has not shown him. And unlike him, WJ doesn't have to push his way into MH's life. They have grown to respect and like each other. This isn't even about looks. Yes. WJ is attractive, but initially, he and MH did not get along. He brings out the best in her. He encourages her and tries to understand her. Now, he is doing little things to make her happy, like buying the rice cake skewer for her. He doesn't try to make her do what he wants, he actually does things that he finds out she likes. The fact that he can do this after only knowing her a few months is remarkable considering JB has known her since high school. I just need her family to learn how to listen to her and stop treating her like something that needs to be micro-managed.

There is a saying that silence is acceptance. But there is also the notion that silence can feel like a lie. TJ had so many opportunities to tell MR who he was, and what would eventually happen, and he chose to stay silent. Even when his family found out about them, and MR confided in him about being abandoned, he still chose to stay silent. He even went as far as proposing and then giving her the condition of answering him first, then he would tell her something. Either way, big mistake. As ridiculous as his father is, even he can see the value that MR brings to the company and he wasn't willing to lose her just because she was dating his son. But IS is so in her feelings of guilt that she had to get rid of her any way that she could. She prematurely announced TJ's elevation in the company, which triggered his breakup with MR and put him in a position that he wasn't quite ready for. She then took it a step further by accepting MR's resignation and then going behind the Chairman's back to try and hire the woman (from a rival company) that she wants to fix TJ up with to marry, to take MR's position. I think that decision is going to backfire. That girl clearly has her sights set on TJ even though it is beyond obvious he has no feelings or interest towards her. She will probably weasel her way into the company and $10 bucks says she finds out about MR and TJ and spreads a rumor, and/or she finds out about MR and IS and uses it as leverage to get TJ to marry her. 

IS has a lot of nerve telling SJ to take care of MR, after basically abandoning her again. Then she showed up at the memorial and continued to act self-righteous as if her chasing the bag after abandoning MR was somehow justified. She should be glad she inherited a sister-in-law who would be willing to take on raising another child. The clock is ticking like a bomb on her because the truth is coming out, especially now that MR has won over the Chairman. He likes the fact that she doesn't want to be like IS. He was quick to say that he had her back, I just hope he keeps that same energy when he finds out MR is the daughter IS abandoned.

3 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

What is even more annoying is how her husband gets to leave, socialize, meet up with friends, flirt with the pharmacist, and it is acceptable.

I love how the show pointed out the double standards and many other issues. When they showed the old lady with the grandchild, I liked how Mi Sun understood her situation and realised that Sun ja and Mi Ok should not be used as a babysiter anymore. I think it is alright if they can help ocassionally but not as an obligation.

Mi sun`s mother in law was annoying in the beginning. I always thought that it is her right to live her life,  to socialize but she treated everybody so bad. She changed this days and she even apologized. She treated Sun ja horribly and I wish she will apologise to her too . Maybe they will have a decent relationship. They should understand each other better then anybody else.

About the husband.... when he find out about the potery master he was upset. Alright. But what he has done after that? He is flirting with the pharmacist and it looks like they knew each other from a long time. It is wrong that he was upset that her wife spends time with a man but he can do the same as he pleases.

I think he is a good man but he is far from perfect. I did not like him when he found the red lingerie of his wife. He offended his wife, alluding to the old physical aspect.

I was a little sad to hear when she said that she will give up her golf and potery courses. No, she should continue to have hobbies but to treat others with respect. At least she is willing to change. I will watch to see how the husband will try to reconcile with the wife. He has to put an effort as well.

I still don't like JS and interestingly enough, I am not too fond of his father right now either.

Jin soo is a childish fool who only thinks at himself. I don`t like how he is hit all the time but ... it is hard not to do it. Sometimes I want to hit him myself. It is frustrating to have a husband like that. But I don`t hate him. He makes me laugh and rolling my eyes in the same time. The actor is good. I can`t believe how well he plays this childish man at his age. I am curious when he is going to change because I don`t want to see Mi sun with a husband like that for the rest of her life.

When he gathered his things and the toys to protect them....:w00t: Facepalms. :lol:

He was quick to say that he had her back, I just hope he keeps that same energy when he finds out MR is the daughter IS abandoned. 

I am curious to know how he will react when he will find out about Mi ri and In sook`s connection. I want to see if he will still support Mi Ri. Somehow, I doubt it but let see if he will surprise me.

It's not just you, and I hate the way he treats Mi Ri and In Sook. He is really sexist and sometimes, creepy.

24 minutes ago, marypots08 said:

Is it just me but the way the chairman looks at women and MR in particular is very uncomfortable

I hooe the writer won't go the path of MR to have rumor as mistress of the chairman.

1 hour ago, marypots08 said:

Is it just me but the way the chairman looks at women and MR in particular is very uncomfortable

I hooe the writer won't go the path of MR to have rumor as mistress of the chairman.

You are not alone, i felt the same when Chairman shown his lustful eyes to MR in several occasions (even the china lady WW mistakenly thought that he was interested in her) :w00t:and also his sarcastic comments to IS,  he is a horrible and a sly fox...but isn't it he has successfully portrayed the role well? When any audience turn into hatreage or sympathy after watching the Kdrama,  they already caught the attention and won the heart from the audience. Actors should portray in that way....I am glad we have all the good actors and actresses in this drama, except TJ needs to improve his facial expression further, but i will give him sometime to improve because he is still very young in his acting career. :D

1 minute ago, lebeaucouple said:

You are not alone, i felt the same when Chairman shown his lustful eyes to MR in several occasions (even the china lady WW mistakenly thought that he was interested in her) :w00t:and also his sarcastic comments to IS,  he is a horrible and a sly fox...but isn't it he has successfully portrayed the role well? When any audience turn into hatreage or pitiful after watching the Kdrama,  they already caught the attention and won the heart from the audience. Actors should portray in that way....I am glad we have all the good actors and actresses in this drama, except TJ needs to improve his facial expression further, but i will give him sometime to improve because he is still very young in his acting career. :D

I agree. The chairman is such a natural sexist. And he is also the most relaxed, comfortable character. He gets agree but less often than the others. Women in this drama especially the moms are naggers. Lol.

Archived