[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

Indeed, They are violent, you forgot Min Sun hit her husband and pulled his hair, this was kinda disturbing.

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

s it hereditary????!!! .... IS, SJ and Miri ..... they are a little violent hahahaha !

But I'm okay with the headache for now HAHAHAHHA The plot is always surprising me.

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

If the story continues  like that I'll drop it.....I like watching something for relaxing

not a headache like that, so why I watch rarely family dramas , I always dropp it in the half way

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t like TJ approach and his clueless in the case of MR and his father. He looked like he didn’t have the slightest idea that his father would threatened him with MR or MR would give him strong respond after she knew his identity. The scene when his father laughed at him when he heard MR resigned and TJ can’t do anything to persuade MR was spot on

52 minutes ago, Kiara1110 said:

I worried if SJ later will angry bcz of huge disappointed with miri that miri didnt tell the truth about TJ.

Miri keep hide her secret from SJ,that must be hurt SJ alot.

She did not tell her? I suspected that. I understand now her look at Mi Ri. What is wrong with her? Now I am more worried for Mi Ri. After making a pact with the devil the Chairman and coming back at Hansung Apparel on a high horse, she is taking the fight with In sook a little too far. 

I wish Sun ja will do something to temperate her. Her daughter is hurting herself if she continue with the hate. But maybe Mi Ri needs all this to get away all the hurt and frustration from inside her.  I wish the secret will be revealed soon.

I liked when Tae Joo met the Marketing team. They were reluctant at first but they are not worried anymore. I want to say that Tae Joo did the right thing regarding Mi Ri. He went to her house, spoke with Mi Ri. He must be hurt as well when he is seeing so bitter.

21 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

I don’t like TJ approach and his clueless in the case of MR and his father. He looked like he didn’t have the slightest idea that his father would threatened him with MR or MR would give him strong respond after she knew his identity. The scene when his father laughed at him when he heard MR resigned and TJ can’t do anything to persuade MR was spot on

Yeah, he is still young and unexperienced. It was obvious that Mi ri will resign. About Mi ri`s response, I think he knew it will be hard to convince her but what he doesn`t know is how much In sook`s issue influences her decision.

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Thats not what I am talking about she has every right to choose who she likes thats not an issue at all.

But her general attitude sucks and so does her personality to everyone around her. Not to say there isnt a problem with him either of course since he  has that stalker vibe which I dont like.

I thought it was just me.  I really don't like the MH character.  She has NEVER treated JB kindly.  She used him, but he allowed it because he loves her.  He was like her slave.  If I remember correctly, JB dumped her hoping it would light a fire under her stagnant writing career.  She has acted like nothing less than a "one hit wonder" and a brat IMO.  I hope no love line develops between her and the publisher, but it looks like it's headed that way.

2 hours ago, 12blbl said:

Yep, it seems like TJ is playing checkers, while, in reality, the chairman's playing Chess.  How can a good business person not anticipate any possible counter moves from his opponent. -_-

Without a doubt, TJ does love MR.  However, he doesn't realize how sexist are his actions regarding MR.  On one hand, he verbally states that she is competent and able to achieve her dream. Yet,  with the other hand, he takes action to set up the way for her to achieve her dream.  The typical caveman behavior of thinking he knows what's best for her, without first asking her.  If only he had talked to her before proceeding. But, then, we would not have a drama to watch. ;)

Well but this is standard weekend drama plots. And if anyone wants a relaxing drama it is not a 50 episode weekend drama. This is not even extreme like some others. Daily dramas are even worse.

So yeah the plot is not surprising. And the screaming and slapping? Well it is assault but that is what is written; it may not happen in real life but it sure does in dramas.

There are hardly any dramas without these. I remember a few years back when they did try to do a drama where everyone was nice. I believe the ratings were bad. I watched it. It was pretty bland by the way. The female leads were terrible. One was too nice and naive she drove me nuts. Another was stalker- ish and got the guy. Who semi- reluctantly accepted her. I couldn't stand her.  Then there was a 3rd couple older. The parents. Man it was improbable.

There you go.

I am sure they chose KSY for the role and MR. She can carry off angry and competent. Then be a vulnerable heroine. Either way all characters are supposed to grow and we are only approaching the halfway mark. It's just that the writer is galloping alomg.

What really bugged me is the audacity of IS to ask SJ for MR's password to her house and then told her it's just an office issue. 

I am feeling so damn sorry for MR. The guy she was so keen on getting married to has betrayed her and it took a lot for her to open up to him about her mother. She must be feeling so raw right now. It's mildly irritating to watch IS fluffing around between her daughter and her greed. I'm also a little frustrated at how naive TJ is/was. Did he not think about the consequences to not telling MR who he was? Also he had made a big spiel to IS about how he had to be the one to tell MR who he was and look what happened. It is good to see that TJ no longer looks like a boy but has progressed into becoming a man- even if for the moment it's only because of his dressing and hair cut. A part of me does wish that  had more scenes together before all this blew up. If they had more scenes together it would make their love deeper and it would also make more sense that TJ and MR would have wanted to marry one another and make this more painful and believable. At the moment their great love is falling short slightly and could be a more intense and heart wrenching love. TJ does seem to love MR a whole lot more than she loves him and the writers do need to develop her character a little bit more so that it goes beyond the endless amount of suffering she's had to endure. We need to see more of her and right now her character is a little 2 dimensional just covered in a sphere of suffering and bitterness. I'm hoping for more growth and not just revenge and begging and pleading on TJ's part. Also does anyone else think that SJ's constipation is going to lead into a life threatening illness and just spiral this story into a makjang status?

@Sheenigummy only way to find out  is to look at the writer's  past work and who she killed off.  She did kill off the dad in the last drama I watched.  I vaguely  remember her  previous  works. And she has written a lot of dramas.

Jusf for  curiosity  guys? How  does  TJ look different? Thinking of SJ's reaction in ep 22.

And since I am in the mood to wallow in pain; not  going  to analyze the  plot that much. Since I can't  influence  the writer.  Can I just say the MR and TJ scene was wonderful. Sigh, the  pain. The hurt. With what she said vs what her eyes look like. The subs are ok but the words she used are more cutting in Korean. 

Stab , stab, stab.  She is so good.

Poor TJ. Too late for apologies. 

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@Sheenigummy only way to find out  is to look at the writer's  past work and who she killed off.  She did kill off the dad in the last drama I watched.  I vaguely  remember her  previous  works. And she has written a lot of dramas.

Jusf for  curiosity  guys? How  does  TJ look different? Thinking of SJ's reaction in ep 22.

I just thought that his slicked back hair looked very mature- like an executive in a company (like all those cold cut throat businessmen) also his "cheap" suit has been replaced by a 3 piece pin striped suit which screams class and luxury. Usually that style and design indicates a successful man.

Also if they kill off SJ- i'm done with this drama LOL...i can't stand too much sadness!

I lost my older accounts dont remember lol Last time I was in this forum was for Happy Home that I ended dropping for hating deeply a few characters.

Is not happening the same in this drama I do like most of them, but had to post today cause I am really annoyed by a few things.

1. SJ.... why she keep pushing MR to her "mom"? The woman was never good to her and just cause they are blood related doesnt mean they will be good to each other. I mean in other episodes she did that, cause is ur mom and u have to, but honestly is starting to annoy me, cause she does it and later she gets worried siting on the floor crying cause MR is odd. Reason why MR doesnt tell her stuff about her mom is probally cause wont do any good in the end, she wants to know but not sure she knows how to protect her daughter at all with the way she does things.

2. IS is plain selfish, she wants power and money and she is willing to do all for it, so  I dont get why ppl feel like giving her second, third chances to do stuff, she isnt going to change unless she is forced to.

3. TJ the only reason things got so bad for him now is cause he kept quiet about who he really is. If he told her before probally she wouldnt have fallen for him cause he was out of her league and IS wouldnt have the chance to use him against MR like she did. I feel like in most asian dramas the lack of comunication is the real reason behind 99% of the dramas in the stories. Ppl don't communicate well telling their feelings or just hide important information that isnt that serious to begin with, but turn into huge issues when they keep dragging it. Right now TJ situation is bad cause his secret was used for IS and hurt MR badly. When he finds about IS true situation with MR he will probally feel miserable knowing how much he ended damaging her.

4.MS's mother in law, I really felt for her those last few episodes, I feel they first made us see a selfish person to dislike and judge to be able to show the reality of her issues later so we would relate. As a mom that stay at home taking care of my kids and house instead of working I understand how she feels like. We make selfless decisions for others for so many years and ppl dont appreciate our effort at all, is like we do "nothing" that big. We dont have that much social life and sometimes nobody wants to talk to us unless they are hungry. So must be really good to feel free to do whatever we want to at least once in life and ppl counting we forget about everything we want to raise kids all over again... they made a pretty good point about reality of so many women that stay at home. This week i had a melt down here demanding more apreciation from my family cause they really take us for granted even being nice ppl...  I really love MS is seeying a different point of view, both grandmothers deserve to be with Dabin as a pleasure and not an obligation.

5.MS's father in law is not that great.... he is becoming an richard simmons this last few episodes, makes me wonder if he ever did that before.

6.MS's husband i would divorce that guy has nothing good to offer so far, honestly, even squeezing a lot trying to find, I cant see a reason besides money to keep that man.

7.MR well... I feel they broke her heart for good, even after her mom leaving her she was still confident working hard and being competent she could get what she wanted. She was a hard working dreamer dispite her horrible past and in today's episode the haircut and all I feel they did to show she is no longer this romatic naive hard working woman that believes she can achieve what she wants just being a great professional and working harder than anyone. I am not sure what is gonna happen with her story now but I am a bit sad, cause I wanted her to remain like she was, I wanted her to succeed the right way proving her point, I dont know if the plot from now on will allow that. Deep down the "evil" won a few battles cause they changed her. I just hope she doesnt go too far with that and can turn back.

And that's it, I am hoping IS is crushed honestly, that woman is despicable to me, there is no excuse to be the way she is besides greed and she kind of sold her soul to get what she wanted, she should just accept the consequences. I am hoping the story wont turn MR like IS, that would make me really upset! :(

Just finished watching with sub.

Such a heavy episode.

I just cant believe IS.she abandoned her family when married miri's father and then abandoned miri when married a chaebol.the reason is money.wth

And i think later the chairman even TJ will notice there is something happen betwen miri and IS.

Miri didnt blink her eyes when chairman asked her to come back.but she gave a reaction when chairman mentioned IS.

Also in the preview,when they have an official meeting.seem Miri and IS have an argu.chairman keep look at miri while TJ look at IS.

Miri still in her last position,as General manager.so she will working under TJ.they will bump to each other.

Its not like Miri doesnt love TJ more than him to her.

But she is put her shield on her again.

She love him alot thats why she told him her secret.

She need time and TJ need to slow down.

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Can I just say the MR and TJ scene was wonderful. Sigh, the  pain. The hurt. With what she said vs what her eyes look like. The subs are ok but the words she used are more cutting in Korean. 

And there was another scene (before the Mi Ri and In Sook scene) where she was about to melt over his words but she regained her determination to end things with Tae Joo for good. We all know that their love will be more powerful than any reason to be apart. Kdramas. :D

23 minutes ago, Lilicabong said:

SJ.... why she keep pushing MR to her "mom"? The woman was never good to her and just cause they are blood related doesnt mean they will be good to each other. I mean in other episodes she did that, cause is ur mom and u have to, but honestly is starting to annoy me, cause she does it and later she gets worried siting on the floor crying cause MR is odd. Reason why MR doesnt tell her stuff about her mom is probally cause wont do any good in the end, she wants to know but not sure she knows how to protect her daughter at all with the way she does things.

First, welcome back. I agree with your whole post but I want to comment on the first point.

It was surprising for me to see Sun ja calling In Sook to the Memorial Day. It was not long ago when she was pushing her out of their life. I think Sun Ja want to help somehow Mi Ri and she doedn`t know how. Right now, it is the wrong timming. It's like putting fuel on the fire.

56 minutes ago, Sheenigummy said:

Also if they kill off SJ- i'm done with this drama LOL...i can't stand too much sadness!

Watching too much kdramas and they are making us a little paranoiac. :D No, Sun ja won`t have anything. That constipation scene was meant to be funny, to show every day life of the character. 

BTW, I really don`t want any character to became ill but not always get what I want.

It is a little melo because of Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s storyline but the sun will appear soon. So far the writer did not disappointed me. We`ll see.

18 minutes ago, Kiara1110 said:

Miri still in her last position,as General manager.so she will working under TJ.they will bump to each other.

Its not like Miri doesnt love TJ more than him to her.

They could not give her right now a higher position and putting her back at Hansung Apparel. But I like how the writer came up with a solution to come back. She came with the Chairman, sending everyone a message that she has his full support. And she is aiming In Sook`s position.

Her fuel is In Sook and I still don`t trust the Chairman. He is using her and throw her later kind of guy.

I have to watch the episode with subtitle until I go to work.

Last post.  Weekday now.

I was extremely irritated with both SJ and the uncle. And even MS.  What's with the constant " real mother " reference?  Ergh even Koreans have a word for biological parent. And SJ changed the name to MR but IS keeps calling her SY. Plus MS calls her 2nd aunt or whatever you guys want to use for little aunt- chageun eomma- guess SJ was the oldest son's wife.

Enough already. She gave birth to MR. That's it. The uncle is a twit. Every time he said her real mother would look after her in the company it raised my hackles.

That woman is not going to do anything. You guys caught the same inferences right?  

It's driving me bonkers. I am ok with MR dealing with the trauma of her birth mother returning as a plot. But her family pushing the relationship is driving me crazy. They are not helpful to her at all. IS has no place. SJ shouldn't have given the passcode and went to her house instead. IS shouldn't be given a foothold.

IS can suffer in guilt for the rest of her life. I don't care. I don't care about her feelings.

@Sheenigummy I mean TJ in ep 22 when he saw SJ. It was a dark grey suit with a black tie? That one. Not the grand entrance suit. SJ said he seemed like a young master sort of vibe. Or rich family.

1 hour ago, larus said:

It was surprising for me to see Sun ja calling In Sook to the Memorial Day. It was not long ago when she was pushing her out of their life. I think Sun Ja want to help somehow Mi Ri and she doedn`t know how.

Isn't SJ becoming the noble idiot as far as IS and MR are concerned? 'She's your mum, after all she's your mum, don't speak to your mum that way....' 

We have our first break up at ep 41-42, then MR turns evil and IS turns pathetic and remorseful for 10 episodes, then 10-15 episodes will be MR's downfall, TJ and IS will be there for her and they got back together. I can't think of how they will break up the second time. MR returns to the fold. 

I thought in the preview the voiceover said in MR's voice, 'now we are back where we are'. That is she is still TJ's boss. I think we we will see her as director of marketing, gunning for the CEO's chair.

Sorry everyone, I never really like her long flat hair and this short hair really looks like a wig, not very well cut. She should just wear her long hair in a bun or pull back to make her look severe and cool.

So, we are seeing different versions of 'motherhood'.  And, the regrets that can come with each version.

We have one mother who, uncharacteristically, abandons her child so she could pursue a career. 

There is another mother who has been, and continues to be, a mother hen.  And, as adults, her children still runs to her and whine about problems they should be handling.

Then, there is the mother, who endured being the dutiful wife, DIL and mother, at the sacrifice of her own persona, which she is now bemoaning.

Hee hee, none of the three versions are palatable enough to make anyone run out to be a mother. :P

BTW, given Chairman's distrustful personality, it's hard to believe that he didn't know about IS' daughter before allowing her into the family.   

Wonder if TJ's mother and brother will make an appearance?

14 hours ago, jeilopes said:

Indeed, They are violent, you forgot Min Sun hit her husband and pulled his hair, this was kinda disturbing.

MS and her iconic flying kick at her hubby :tounge_xd: but JS dad also did an over the shoulder flip at him as well.. hahaha i think its only the “noble class” people who do not resort to physical violence in kd.. but they play a higher league violence game, hire hitmen LOLOL :grimace: the normal people are always slapping people hard on the shoulders or pulling hairs and catfights.. and throwing salt to ward off those evil people!

11 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

Yep, it seems like TJ is playing checkers, while, in reality, the chairman's playing Chess.  How can a good business person not anticipate any possible counter moves from his opponent. -_-

TJ is too innocent.. he is probably throwing the dice and playing snake and ladder.. chairman han scolded him for that too.. he is too trusting. his dad told him the key to a successful businessman is always doubt, even for people with the same bloodline..

22 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Wonder if TJ's mother and brother will make an appearance?

haha it will be perfect if yoon see ah come join this kd.. she is excellent with rich family conspiracies :grimace: current sky castle and previous a good witch! she is really good!!

like Mother like daughter
as I already told you there is the blood of IS in the veins of MR
it's hereditary
They are both arrogant, obsessive and thirsty for power
that's why we see how many years MR does not have a boyfriend
that's why she quickly accepted the proposition of chairman
what a shame for a talented woman like her

like her real mom, they have no friend... it's not bc of working at school or at work

it's about their character, they think they are perfect , superieur than others

I don't like these people; Get up quickly and fall down one day....in the same way......very quickly !

Archived