Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

After watching the proposed scene for TJ and MR, i could only analyse few things after MR rejected :

1. Abandon child status is not a real big issue, nothing to hide in a relationship if she truly loves him (there are many abandon and succide cases in Korea society), this will only happen in Kdrama if it takes it a big issue for relationship. Bottom line is , she should tell him her past background, not just hide....(Unless the lady was being rape during younger time and had been through the trauma period, then it would be so hard for her to reveal her past and accept a new love or enter into a marriage because it takes a long long time to heal. But for this case, they are not)

2. Her real inner call should be her ambition calls, she wants to prove that she can climb up by herself with her own capability to reach her dream.

3. At this point of time, TJ doesn't provide any sense of "security" , not just in terms of monetary sense, but it must be a grow up mature mindset that most women want. 

I kept hypnotising myself when i see both parties want to hide their identities in their relationship....... this is a kdrama only .....:w00t:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Since everyone already knows he is mingling among the workers, he can have the upper hand of watching staff for who and what they are at the same time, people will know that the chairman’s son is hard at work. Hah, what-ifs and mind ramblings... :sweat_smile:

hahaha :tounge_xd: but the thing is not about what the staff in the company see, its how MR feels later on when she knows the truth.. plenty of chances for them to confess but neither of them did it. MR doesnt know a thing about TJ’s parents except his mom passed away when he was at a young age and that SJ and uncle know that his dad is a businessman. then again, both had that one secret they din say to each other so call that quits? lol MR has more reasons to be angry with TJ though.. his identity plays a more impact in their relationship than IS being MR’s birth mom. MR is still “the daughter of the shabby ox bone soup restaurant” as how IS said.. nothing much. but TJ, his real identity will affect everyone around him..

and lets hope Director Park helps a little. he seems reasonable and should not let IS waver his integrity.. so whats with IS trying to help his unwed pregnant daughter find a good husband?!?! its not going to hide the fact that his daughter is an unwed mom.. :unamused: ask her to abandon the baby and live like how IS has been living for the past 28yrs? omg absurd.

• Like 5

MR is seemingly staying at TJ place. There was a picture of her mom with TJ on his dresser a few episodes ago. Did he hide it?  There is no way MR wouldn’t see that... Since TJ knows what his dad is planning with MR he is rushing/pushing the marriage. While I would like for them to eventually do get married, I feel now is not ideal. They have major secrets between them. I think with MR personality the fact that his faux mom is her mom won’t sit well with her.

My prediction: MR finds out the truth, bolt to China under WW and comeback as either WW right hand or be in charge all together. Her revenge towards IS will be taking down Hansung & end up clashing with TJ.

• Like 6

I am looking forward to this drama every weekend mainly because of the MR and TJ story.  Their relationship has been progressing nicely so far, but even though they have kind of agreed to keep a secret each, it is hard to build trust in a relationship if you keep secrets like that. 

We did not hear TJ's response when IS asked him how far was he going to take the relationship with MR. The next moment, we saw him proposing. It could show that he did not want his status as the heir to affect her answer and want to cement their relationship before revealing the truth. But he cannot take too long to tell MR the truth before he totally loses her trust. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Abandon child status is not a real big issue, nothing to hide in a relationship if she truly loves him (there are many abandon and succide cases in Korea society), this will only happen in Kdrama if it takes it a big issue for relationship. Bottom line is , she should tell him her past background, not just hide..

I agree that being a kdrama, the writer has to create conflict and that`s what she came up with. :lol:

About the truth...both of them should tell the truth. I don`t think Mi Ri won`t tell Tae Joo about In Sook because she thinks there is an issue about being an abandoned child. Speaking about this issue, in Korean society, from what I read, there was a problem, at least in earlier times. Women could fake a pregnancy than adopt openly, childred were bullied.... I am glad it is not the case here. No, Mi Ri doesn`t tell she is adopted because she is afraid how she is perceived. The "problem" is herself like she told Tae Joo when she rejected this marriage proposal. She is unconfortable right now, she suffers in silence with In Sook`s rejection the second time. She did not tell what bothers her to Sun Ja (we know how she reacted when she found out but not from Mi Ri. Sun ja exagerated but her reasons to be upset were valid. Almost 30 years together as a family but she doesn`t share her problems). She is suportive, she helps them, loves the family but somehow, to not give 100% was upseting for Sun ja.  The same pathern with Tae Joo. He really knows something is bothering her, he is frustrated and upset that she doesn`t include him in her life compleatly. She knows she has to tell the truth but she postpones the decision to reveal the truth for later. She told him in his episode "I will tell you later". Why later? Because it is her way to control the issues. When a problem accures she wants to solve it first and then she will tell others what was the problem. In a relationship it doesn`t work this way. Her partner doesn`t want to know what was the problem after being resolved, he wants to know now to try to solve it together, to talk about it. It is a way to include the other significant partner in your life.

Tae Joo said when he proposed her the marriage: "I want a relationship which is a lot deeper than this, a relationship that you`re my half, my family, my love, my everything." Beautiful words but right now Mi Ri can`t give him that. Until Mi Ri will really open herself to Tae Joo, they won`t have this beautiful relationship. He has good qualities to be a great partner, he is patient and loves her very much, but he should not hurry now. She is not ready for marriage.

I know that I am giving In Sook and Chariman Han the hard time because they are against Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s realtionship, but they could be a blessing in disguise.  Except for the rush to get marry of Tae Joo, having opposition could make their relationship stronger. They have to fight for their happiness, rely on each other.

Saying that, I am still upset of Chairman Han who says in the preview: "I will ostracize her from the industry". :angry: He is blackmailing him to accept an offer he doesn`t like. He has changed his mind again? He thought that a marriage between Mi ri and Tae Joo was not that bad idea. Ugh!

@chdom, @Trings welcome to Mother of Mine thread. Nice to read your comments.

2 hours ago, chdom said:

Since TJ knows what his dad is planning with MR he is rushing/pushing the marriage. While I would like for them to eventually do get married, I feel now is not ideal. They have major secrets between them. I think with MR personality the fact that his faux mom is her mom won’t sit well with her. 

2 hours ago, Trings said:

Their relationship has been progressing nicely so far, but even though they have kind of agreed to keep a secret each, it is hard to build trust in a relationship if you keep secrets like that. 

Totally agree.

We have a long time to go. Lots of episodes. And their relationship will grow. It will have ups and downs but we will cheer on them to make it, to become a beautiful, strong and happy couple in the end.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, chdom said:

MR is seemingly staying at TJ place.

I really like to casualness of MR and TJ discussing MR's problems while sitting on his bed as if she belongs there. Her being in his bedroom as if it is not big deal is a wonderful shorthand way of signifying the rootedness of their relationship.

Since conflict is essential to drama, all story choices will take the option that brings about the most conflict. Therefore . . . 

IS stands the possibility of being the source to undermine the trust between MR and TJ.  Today was the most honest/vulnerable MR was with TJ as she fully vented her frustration with IS  to the point of calling her a snake, etc.  TJ did not feel he could come clean at that point and kept silent about IS, leading MR to believe he was fully on her side. When MR learns about TJ's longstanding relationship with IS it might well make her feel betrayed.

Not to be sacrilegious, but IS scene with MR on the roof came off like Satan tempting Jesus at the end of Jesus 40D/40N fast. IS was telling MR how much power she could/would give her if MR followed her advice and MR was basically " get thee behind me."

I think it is a brilliant choice to have SJ daughters [Well the two oldest since I don't watch the writer's story and have no idea wha is happening in it] speak similar to her when they are being belligerent or expressing their love and loyalty in a rough way.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Today was the most honest/vulnerable MR was with TJ as she fully vented her frustration with IS  to the point of calling her a snake, etc.  TJ did not feel he could come clean at that point and kept silent about IS, leading MR to believe he was fully on her side. When MR learns about TJ's longstanding relationship with IS it might well make her feel betrayed.

I liked to see the scene where she vented about In Sook. He looked a little guilty hearing her calling the CEO a snake, concubine of Hansung :D, but he was on her side. He is begining to see In sook in another light. He was so disappointed by her when she told him that Mi ri is out of his league. Later Mi Ri could feel betrayed when she finds out that In sook is close to Tae Joo.

I can`t wait to see the next episode. Tae Joo was happy when they were in the car. He said that "last night I become someone who means a lot to you". I think she will accept the proposition. I wish she will tell him that she accepts the engagement but they should wait until they get married. And both of them will tell their secrets. It is not going to happen right now but I am still hoping...

38 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Not to be sacrilegious, but IS scene with MR on the roof came off like Satan tempting Jesus at the end of Jesus 40D/40N fast. IS was telling MR how much power she could/would give her if MR followed her advice and MR was basically " get thee behind me."

I could not believe it. How much successful she wants her to be? Like her? She sounds extremelly greedy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, larus said:

Saying that, I am still upset of Chairman Han who says in the preview: "I will ostracize her from the industry". :angry: He is blackmailing him to accept an offer he doesn`t like. He has changed his mind again? He thought that a marriage between Mi ri and Tae Joo was not that bad idea. Ugh!

From today’s episode, we thought WW has convinced him enough. I have a strong hunch that In Sook twisted facts and added more lies to manipulate the chairman again. Whenever i watch raw episodes, i skip her speeches because they are all cheap, dirty tricks in attempts to sway our main leads. I just push the forward button to the juicier scenes. 

Btw, how are the kang sisters related to their uncle? Is it paternal or maternal? 

A few more hours and another fresh episode, yay!

• Like 4

while we are getting heartbroken for MR and TJ with all the secrets and evil people like IS and Chairman Han.. one consolidation is that, they will ultimately be together haha :kiss_wink:

i dun think there will be a plot twist for family drama endings lol this is not Possessed 2019 so its definitely all going to be lovey dovey with the prince and princess lived happily ever after :star:

so, should i keep ytd and today’s epi to watch all 4 next week?? will i die of angst?? i shall check here for updates :grimace:

@Dyslexic heart Young Dal should be SJ’s blood brother.. he pooled in his savings which was meant for his marriage to open the ox bone soup restaurant with her.. and, first few epi SJ did nag him about getting married and stuff.. and see how she gets irritated with him for the rockband? haha :kiss_closed: poor SJ.. apart from all the 3 daughters she still has to worry for the brother!

sidetrack a little.. that old man (Chairman Han) was a very nice principal in Seah School of Beautiful World (JTBC) hahaha and, Jong Hyun recently advertised for this new LED iron man face treatment right? its also been advertised a lot in Beautiful World haha makes me wonder how effective that is, considering Korea has so many beauty products in the international market! :grin:

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Kiara1110 said:

Miri tell TJ about her past that she still could over come.

She tell if her mother abandone her,SJ isnt her real mother.

Is it happening now??? Oooooh!!! I’m so giddy with anticipation! Enjoy it!

• Like 2

I saw the preview and OMG. They will all know who Tae Ju really is.

Mi Ri will feel terrible and betrayed. I'm sad for them, but excited for new episodes.

• Like 5

Preview next episode

TJ reveal his identity.i think its bcz his father force him to come back in company after his father knows his resign.

Chairman threatening tj,if he doesnt want come back as the son of chairman then he will make miri ostrazice in bussiness world.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I did not watch the episode yet but I saw the video where Mi Ri told Tae Joo about her abandonment. I am so proud of her. You go, girl! Now, Tae Joo, is your turn.

From the preview, it looks like he won`t tell himself the truth about his identity. He looks so handsome in that suit but he is so sad! Yeah, the Chairman blackmailed him. I just knew that the Chairman would convince him to do what he wants, threatening reprisals against Miri.

Both Mi Ri and Tae Joo are sad! But I have faith that they will find each other again.

I feel so bad for Mi Ri. What happened? She just found out that Tae Joo was promoted but not her? :tears:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

erm.. who moved out of the apartment in the preview? TJ moved back with Chairman Han?? :frown: MR took off the ring.. sighs.. 

1 hour ago, Kiara1110 said:

Chairman threatening tj,if he doesnt want come back as the son of chairman then he will make miri ostrazice in bussiness world.

if Chairman Han can threaten TJ with that, and TJ succumbed to it then its not difficult for that old fox to pull the same stunt and force TJ to marry Jung Soo Yi..

and finally, TJ new image looks much better and more compatible with MR.. :grimace:

OK im not going to watch ytd and today’s epi.. i shall watch them after next week with all 4 epi back to back.. and check here for updates haha!

@larus i cant stop laughing at the chinese hashtags :joy: management reshufflement and promotion notice is out.. not her name, but her bf’s.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4