Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

“Mother Of Mine” Achieves Highest Ratings Yet As Hong Jong Hyun And Kim So Yeon Take Their Relationship To The Next Level

by E. Cha
6e9e4a86f650409da2470df1a188cffa.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” shows no signs of slowing down!

On May 19, the hit weekend drama broke its own personal record once again as its viewership ratings soared to a new all-time high. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Mother of Mine” scored average nationwide ratings of 27.4 percent during its first half and 33.1 percent during its second.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1325763wpp/mother-of-mine-achieves-highest-ratings-yet-as-hong-jong-hyun-and-kim-so-yeon-take-their-relationship-to-the-next-level

• Like 7

13 hours ago, larus said:

the pizza was burnt

It sure was!! Poor mother; first, it was an inedible steak and next it is a burnt pizza. She can't win.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Hello my beloved chingus,

Hope everyone has been well!! Sorry my caseload has been insane recently but i've made a comeback not that anyone was waiting.

With regards to ep 17- i was irritated that IS in her own narcissistic arrogance thought that she could turn her intelligent and capable daughter into a gullible fool by suggesting that MR going away to study was for her own good. It was a triumphant moment to see MR talk back and ask if it really was for her own good. IS underestimates our two love birds and overestimates her place in their lives too.

I must say that the writers are now progressing TJ's character. We're seeing a steady rise in his "manly" tastes and preferences. Eg, his switch from cans of beer to whisky- we've seen this in 2 episodes now. It's subtle hints that the writers use to create a sense of maturity in a character. We're seeing a pouty playful boy turning into a determined young man who wants nothing more for his love to be happy. We see his growing care and concern for MR and it is nice to see that he blew off IS during dinner to make sure his love MR was alright. Now i will say a few things about our couple first. I was kind of worried that the whole bed scene would be vulgar and distasteful and might even come out that TJ took advantage of MR's intoxicated state to induce that bed scene BUT i was mildly surprised that it was not done that way. The morning after indicated TJ's maturity and how he comforted her and treated her (not embarrassing her further but re-assuring her) was great. He knew how to make his lady feel good and alleviated some of her embarrassment and that was important to show their growth as a couple and for the characters. Even better his re-assurance that it was not just a one night stand- by producing the ring and already having his around his neck did indicate his seriousness and commitment to their relationship which i was pleased about. 

MS's mother in law is literally the worst character in this show. I find their family situation has gone from funny to just plain sad. It's a lot darker than the laughs it tries to illicit from the audience. I don't like that she's thoughtless, bitter and selfish but it's nice that she's the antithesis of SJ. We can see that both women may have been hard done by, but then we see how SJ's selfless care for her family contrasts that of MS's mother in law. MS's mother in law has enjoyed her life in the years that she was not taking care of DB. Yet now all of a sudden she's victimizing herself and trying to play wounded martyr the minute she finds out that SJ went on a small trip (not even overseas may I add) and taking a break- forgetting that SJ works 10x harder than she probably ever did by having to single handedly raise 3 daughters and educate them and run a restaurant. MS's mother in law needs some character growth herself. Also MS's husband need a hard knock on his head. He's whiny, greedy and selfishly indulges in things without preparing for his family first. Just like his mother. I'm curious as to whether he has other siblings because MO kept talking about raising children who had gone to prestigious universities- but it's mentioned that JS didn't go to a great uni?  I'm a bit confused.

All in all it's been great watching these few episodes and I can't wait for next week- we have  some cuddle scenes!

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

I just can't believe that CEO, she's not deserve to be anyone mother :rage::rage:

that sly fox, i want to slap her to the moon and back :rage::rage:

Did they just got engaged by themselves... good job Tae Joo :wub::wub::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

I love Mi Ri stand up against her selfish bastard that tried to claim as her mother, can't wait to see next episode,  love you to the moon and back TJ, fight for your love, MR need a man like him :wub::wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, hushhh said:

Chairman would kick her out of family.  She would lose all power. TJ might turn against her because he would doubt her sincerity. The board and the employees would turn against. The entire society would turn against her.

Your whole explanation is plausible but I have it is hard for me to digest all this. I still believe that the consequences of revealing the truth are exagerated.

I know that Chairman Han is obsessed with a perfect clean image of the company but he is not innocent if the truth will be revealed. He put the pressure on In Sook and her husband, he put a condition to accept In Sook in the family. Maybe he thought a mother won`t abandone her daughter and he waited to see how determined she is. He thought that the daughter will stay hidden forever? It was a cost they have assumed. What was so terrible for a woman with a child to marry a second time? Yeah... they marry with people from high class and they are so pure. Bla.... 

If Chairman is claming to be an inteligent man, he will realised after having all facts that what In Sook says is right. She did not know Mi ri is her daughter. He has power, he could cover the truth to not be reveal to the press.

The truth won`t stay hidden for long. I can`t wait for everything to be revealed and all those hypocrites to show their true color.

In Sook is doing everything to cover the truth about Mi Ri. She blackmailed Director Park, manipulated Sun ja, revealed Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s relationship to get herself some time. She is despicable but for me the chairman  is on the same level or more. If In Sook is the sinner who sold her soul, Chairman Han is the Devil. I was disgusted with Tae Joo`s father seeing that meeting. Creepy old man.

I loved to see Tae Joo being ferm against both of them. In the preview he told them that he will go with Mi ri if she will accept the proposition. (I assume Weng Wei will give her an offer to go to China).

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I was sad to see MR often cry whenever she met her both mum....i knew these are their emotional scenes which are unavoidable, but i want MR continue to be strong in her role in this drama....

It is natural to feel emotional after so many years dealing with abandonment issues and now she saw how her biological mother will want to abandone her again. She is dealing with lots of stress right now. Her career is at risk. She could cry as much as she wants but in the end I want her to react to injustice, to speak her mind and do what is right. I am glad that she has Tae Joo on her side and she has her family to lean on when it is hard.

10 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

PS : EP18, I noticed that TJ and MR did not hold hands on that part while they were scrolling in the evening, having conversation about the chairman sudden came to office ...shouldn't their relationship even closer or even intimate after having sleeping together :w00t::lol:? They should have a forehead goodbye kiss before he got on a taxi....something like that.... I still find that a bit distance for both, hahaha.....Am i the only one spotted that....

I think you know how Kdramas are by now. I think 95% of love realtionship in kdramas are like that. Unbelievable, I know. :phew:

8 hours ago, smhelen said:

Poor mother; first, it was an inedible steak and next it is a burnt pizza. She can't win.

I noticed the steak too but the burnt pizza was too much. They even ate some pizza. :lol:

8 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

It was a triumphant moment to see MR talk back and ask if it really was for her own good. IS underestimates our two love birds and overestimates her place in their lives too.

Glorious moment. She did not know what to say. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

sorry unrelated to story. but aren't that black pizza or some kind of that? it should no burnt, because MR and SJ eat that pizza.

I only following MR TJ SJ and IS story, so I will only comment on IS. I still don't get her logic. After what IS said to chairman about MR and TJ, she go home and cry. why? 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, mentarisenja said:

sorry unrelated to story. but aren't that black pizza or some kind of that? it should no burnt, because MR and SJ eat that pizza.

I only following MR TJ SJ and IS story, so I will only comment on IS. I still don't get her logic. After what IS said to chairman about MR and TJ, she go home and cry. why? 

I just asked my friend who is a chef apparently it could be squid ink pizza or charcoal pizza... Who know that was a thing too... 

• LOL 5

18 minutes ago, Sheenigummy said:

I just asked my friend who is a chef apparently it could be squid ink pizza or charcoal pizza... Who know that was a thing too... 

It really looked burnt.:D I hope that kind of pizza have a good taste because it was not appealing on the eye.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

It really looked burnt.:D I hope that kind of pizza have a good taste because it was not appealing on the eye.

@Sheenigummy and @larus @smhelen

If i did not see wrongly, i think it may be a thin layer below with edible seaweed for that pizza, it should be very tasty, not burnt....:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

36 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If i did not see wrongly, i think it may be a thin layer below with edible seaweed for that pizza, it should be very tasty, not burnt....:lol:

OK, now I want to taste it. :lol:

About the preview. I love it when Tae Joo is telling his father and In Sook that he will go after Mi ri. When Chairman Han will see that he can`t persuade him to break up with her, I think he will reveal his secret before he has a chance to talk with Mi Ri about it.

I am curious what possition in the company he will get Tae Joo.  He won`t be a newbie anymore. He will get a chance to meet often the Marketing team members?

BTW...Good bye the backpacks! :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

40 minutes ago, larus said:

About the preview. I love it when Tae Joo is telling his father and In Sook that he will go after Mi ri. When Chairman Han will see that he can`t persuade him to break up with her, I think he will reveal his secret before he has a chance to talk with Mi Ri about it.

I am curious what possition in the company he will get Tae Joo.  He won`t be a newbie anymore. He will get a chance to meet often the Marketing team members?

BTW...Good bye the backpacks! :D

TJ should tell her the truth earlier than anyone else, the secret should come out from his mouth rather than anyone else. The recovery period for MR will be shorter. There should be an honesty and truthfulness for any relationship, but we don't see any now because they are still hiding their secrets...this couple needs to resolve their weaknesses, need to recognize and accept their weaknesses and compliment each other with their strengths....but again this is Kdrama, so we are aware that the writer wants to create some climax and intense in the storyline for sure.

I hope to see TJ with a vest on it like a CEO look soon. He looks gorgeous too with the backpack because he is tall and has a broad shoulder, he is a model. :)

• Like 6

TJ should have told MR who his father is after giving her the ring. She should tell him of IS soon after. How could you make a commitment and hide the essential part of you? 

I am predicting break up number 1 in the next couple episodes after Chairman Han introduced TJ to the company as his son.

• Like 4

i actually stopped this drama 2 weeks back.. so now watching all 4 epi at one shot.. :grimace: i got a bit irritated with watching 2 little epi and having my neck

long for next 2 hahaha

im pleasantly shocked at how fast TJ and MR progress in their r/s :kiss_wink: the scene where MR was waiting outside TJ’s unit does show her gentle side as a girlfriend.. so sweet.. haha the morning breakfast scene was cute too! :naughty: i think TJ is feeling all stuffed inside not knowing how to reveal his identity to MR.. as much as how IS did warn him when she confronted him for the breakup, he knows that MR will be the one most hurt n betrayed..

i dunno what to say about this evil IS witch :skull: instead of confessing her r/s with MR to Chairman Han, she thrusted MR into the hell fire penalising how inappropriate for a general manager to date a newbie.. i almost wanted to swear at the tv.. :triumph:

actually MR did sarcastically mentioned TJ as a newbie could stay in such a luxurious officetel and must have rich parents in the beginning but, TJ did have many part time jobs that paid him well.. and its quite common for some newbies to come from well off families? like one of the Han newbies in Hansung haha but the other one was a pity thing (according to catfriend Park Tae Ri hahaha)

i like MS more and more! apart from the flying kick, now she screams at Mi Ok.. wahahaha and falls flat into the flower bush :joy:

btw, thats charcoal crust pizza no worries haha! charcoal dough n buns are very popular in asia

https://www.organicauthority.com/organic-food-recipes/activated-charcoal-crust

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

btw, thats charcoal crust pizza no worries haha! charcoal dough n buns are very popular in asia

I have eaten charcoal doped buns but never heard of pizzas. Well Dominos and Pizza hut don't have it anyway.

Edit: MS' husband panicked when he couldn't contact her, serves him right for bringing up divorce.

• Like 2

BTS shooting

Mi Ri decided to accept the offer and she is going aboad? We`ll have a time jump?

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, larus said:

BTS shooting

Mi Ri decided to accept the offer and she is going aboad? We`ll have a time jump?

If that's true from for next week, she's still wearing the ring TJ gave her... I really want to see TJ standing up against both his aunt and father. 

I know IS has not been a very likable character, but a part of me thinks perhaps she had a particular goal in mind. I don't see her wanting to take over HS group because TJ and his father would not allow that. But this series has so far conveniently left out SJ and IS's ex husbands. These brothers are assumed to be dead??? Perhaps there is a conspiracy with that and HS group that she wants to reveal? or maybe i am thinking too much... 

Only time would tell ...  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, larus said:

if there is time jump, how about MS and MH story? I don't think there is time jump except for last episode when they show us all people happy together. MR said she will fight in the last episode. or IS blackmail MR so MR give up. too many mystery around IS intentions.

@maribella pizza hut in my country have black pizza. idk if the menu still exist now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, larus said:

I think miri will accept the offer after SJ tell her if she the only daughter that she can boast.

Miri sacrifice her happiness to make her mother happy.

But TJ will not let her go easily.

Actually the story is hard to guess

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mentarisenja said:

if there is time jump, how about MS and MH story? I don't think there is time jump except for last episode when they show us all people happy together.

I also don`t think it will be a time jump. If there is one, it could be just for a month or two.

I would have prefered if they will go on a trip together but Tae Joo wears a suit so it is not the case.

1 hour ago, Kiara1110 said:

I think miri will accept the offer after SJ tell her if she the only daughter that she can boast.

Miri sacrifice her happiness to make her mother happy.

Sun Ja is not happy to see her go in US and Mi Ri knows that her mother told her she could go after talking with In Sook.

Let see the Chairman`s offer (Wang Wei `s offer). So much pressure for Mi Ri to leave the company!

6 hours ago, bananacad said:

I really want to see TJ standing up against both his aunt and father.

So far Tae Joo was wonderful in that aspect. He tried to make In Sook see Mi ri`s perspective, he told his father that his relationship with Mi Ri is serious and that he doen`t want to break up with her. In the next episode, he will tell both In Sook and Chairman Han that if Mi Ri will leave, he will go with her. I love when he let them speachless and frustrated.:lol:

I am more happy to see these shooting scene pictures

Mi i and Tae Joo are walking hand in hand. YAY.

6 hours ago, bananacad said:

I know IS has not been a very likable character, but a part of me thinks perhaps she had a particular goal in mind. I don't see her wanting to take over HS group because TJ and his father would not allow that. But this series has so far conveniently left out SJ and IS's ex husbands. These brothers are assumed to be dead???

We don`t know much about Kang brothers (Sun Ja`s husband and Mi Ri`s father). In Sook mentioned to Sun ja that they both did not had an easy life in that family. 

I wish they will tell us more, expecially about Mi Ri`s father. Sun Ja`s husband died when the girls were 16, 14 and 11.  We assume Mi Ri`s father died when she was younger than 6 years old. I am still waiting to see more reveals about In Sook. She is ambitious all right but to what extent? Is she really that selfish? I want to discover more thngs about the characters.

• Like 6