Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

Alright FACELESS CHINGUSSS!!! Let's get to it...

MS/JS/MIL/FIL

The problem with this pairing and family dynamic is that a LOT of decisions were made by the MIL that have negatively affected MS/JS/DB and most of it is because the MIL is passive aggressively dealing with her own issues through them. I believe that she probably had it hard when she was younger, married and left to raise JS. But she didn't raise him, she coddled him and spoiled him and set him up to be a useless man in the real world. Since this drama began, he has already taken off of work at least three times, not because he, his wife or his child is sick. Not because of a death in the family, but simply because he wanted to do go off and do something for himself. JS is one of those people that wants peak reward for doing the bare minimum. This is why he is so messy and selfish. This is how he was raised. You may as well say that MO was a single mother. The lack of his father's presence and influence in his life is really prevalent now that he is a father. He has no sense of obligation or accountability. The MIL feels entitled because she is from the generation that suffered in silence. She did all of the cooking, cleaning and child rearing with no help. SIDENOTE: She mentioned this to her friends on the golf course as a way to say her generation was superior, but unless the writer hasn't let on, JS is her only child. She did not have to take care of multiple children. Either way, now she wants her DIL to suffer like she did, and she wants her to suffer in silence. This is why she wanted her to quit her job and just wait on everyone hand and foot. There is just one problem. MS can't quit because they would not be able to stay in that apartment. They live in an area that puts them at the top of their budget and leaves very little room to save money for other things. 

SOLUTION: Leave the apartment. Get that security deposit back. and move somewhere else that is much more affordable. They can pay off some of their debt and possibly afford a babysitter. That would clear up the problem with the in-laws butting in their family life. It would clear up the problem of depending on either mother to watch DB, and it would free up MS and JS to their work endeavors. But, I guess they need the drama.

MH/WJ/JB

MH has become more likable now that she has stepped back into her purpose. She is no longer miserable from centering her life around her family. She is finally writing and creating again, and it shows because she is less fussy and whiny and much more logical and happier. However, JB needs to get a reality check. MH is at least 30/31 years-old. She and JB have known each other since at least high school/college. So for ten years, she has ONLY looked at you as a friend, an annoying friend at that, and he is going around throwing full blown tantrums like he is her husband. It is so unattractive, and ridiculous! I found it telling when MR scolded him about losing weight and becoming more attractive to catch MH's attention. That is not the issue. MH has friend zoned him because from a personality perspective that is how she sees him. He could have lost all the weight in the world, got a six pack, and new haircut and she would still only look at him as a friend. JB needs a personality makeover. He is a doormat on one hand and goes around tending to her like he is her personal flunkie [no woman would be attracted to that type]. Then, on the other hand, he is overbearing, possessive and needy. Again, not an attractive trait. WJ, on the other hand, is steady, careful and trusts MH to write like she did before. MH was actually vulnerable to JB when she confessed that she is easily distracted and cannot just write award winning material overnight. He grew silent at this, and instead of encouragement and SPACE to write, he has become a hindrance. MS coddling him is misleading and thus he is out of the loop and MH is in the woods with WJ. 

MR/TJ/IS/Chairman/SJ

IS abandoned her daughter because when her husband died, being a poor single mother went beyond what she had signed up for. She wanted to live the good life and knew she would not be able to do that with a child in tow. Unfortunately for MR, this is not something you can just get over. MR probably never had therapy for this, and was just thrust in SJ's family to smile and be thankful someone wanted to take care of her. This is why I did not care for SJ's antics last week. MR not saying anything wasn't some sort of betrayal, it is normal. What was she supposed to say? I feel like her desire to see her mother and possibly re-connect is a way for her heal or get closure. MR still does not trust IS but she wants to see where this is going and what is going to happen. That is natural and normal. I just believe that she is going to find out IS is not worth having any type of relationship with. TJ is innocent, pouty and unafraid to move forward with MR because he has been very sheltered. After his mom passed, IS stepped in a raised him and coddled him so that he didn't have a care in the world. Then he left and was able to be carefree in the states. He comes from wealth, so he has never had to want for anything. He has learned to work hard from that, which is why he empathizes with people and seems fair, but when it comes to his family dynamic, he is very much out of the loop. I don't think he understands the brevity of his family's treachery or the behind-the-scenes deeds they have done. This is why I believe there will be a separation and time jump. This will harden and mature him a bit before he steps into the CEO role. He is going to be devastated by the fact that IS has nurtured him so she can cosplay being some queen dowager over that company.

That is why when IS saw them hugging in the hallway and listened to their banter, she became so shook. TJ is the key to her finally getting what she believes is due to her. As long as their relationship is air tight, she believes she can secretly run the show. The Chairman is aware of this, which is why I believe he is going to take a more active interest in his son's life. He is going to find out that MR is the daughter she abandoned and he is going to threaten her with this information. He doesn't care about that, he just wants to keep IS in her place, after all, she is JUST a woman in his book. It is unrealistic for MR to stay at the company. Even the chairman has plans to throw her away eventually. She should get out while she can and go somewhere that she can flourish and possibly be the competition. Take her experience elsewhere and not continue to feed into a well with a hole in it.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

I have a question regarding Hong Jong Hyun. Is he filming "Absolute Boyfriend" (their press con was today) at the same time as he's filming this drama?

• Like 4

Yeh, It’s a pre produced drama. HJH is only filming Mother of Mine now and Yeo Jin Go, Hotel del Luna. 

36 minutes ago, whome said:

I have a question regarding Hong Jong Hyun. Is he filming "Absolute Boyfriend" (their press con was today) at the same time as he's filming this drama?

30 minutes ago, my0therside said:

@whomehi dear! I read somewhere that my absolute boyfriend is pre-produced.. Meaning they are already done filming as of dec2018 i think.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kiara1110 said:

New still picture

I am so glad that Sun ja sings with her brother`s band. I hope she joins the band. :lol: Good move, Young dal!

Sun ja loves to sing. We saw that in the couple of episodes. Seing her singing I thought that it will be nice if she will pursue her passion but I never connected that with the rock band of adjussis.  It was a nice surprise. :P

BTS picture

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 8:57 PM, larus said:

I am so glad that Sun ja sings with her brother`s band. I hope she joins the band. :lol: Good move, Young dal!

Sun ja loves to sing. We saw that in the couple of episodes. Seing her singing I thought that it will be nice if she will pursue her passion but I never connected that with the rock band of adjussis.  It was a nice surprise. :P

BTS picture

TJ's looks already changing.seem like next week he will reveal his real identity

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Kiara1110 said:

TJ's looks already changing.seem like next week he will reveal his real identity

I have not watched today`s episode yet.

From the picture, he looks like an executive and not a newbie in a departement. Look at his suit! :D

• Like 4

I will watch RAW the whole episode. I saw some you tube videos and I can feel Mi Ri`s sadness and dissapointment. In Sook is so selfish. She doesn`t think at all at her biological daughter. What do I expect for a mother who had abandoned her daughter and never look back? I will wait for the subtiles. Maybe we found out more about In Sook and her reasons to be  be like this. I still want to believe it is not entirely for her selfish reasons. I wish Mi Ri went to Sun ja to receive comfort. She is her "real" mother. 

BTS

• Like 4

Thanks for the link. It is very late now so I have no time to watch the whole episode. I went to the 57th minute onwards.

The photos make it look as if it was a break up scene. But its not. I can't wait for Sunday. I don't want to sound like a delusional idiotic woman so no comment about the ending. Or rather not much speculation but heck if my brain thought she stayed or rather he made an implied request.

I wonder what happened during the episode. Director Park let spilt some connection between MR and IS.

But IS is all about her. And yup the richard simmons will hit the fan next week when the Chairman finds out.

• Like 5

@ck1Oz I don't want to make an assumption either but if it happened, OMG:love:

Seems like IS tells the chairman that MR and TJ are dating in the preview:crazy:. And who the hell does she think she is to call out SJ and tell her MR wants to go abroad and study? Poor MR, she has every right to be mad. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The photos make it look as if it was a break up scene. But its not.

To  me the picture did not tell me it is a break up because Tae Joo was not sad. His expresion did not sugest a break up. I loved the scene. Tae Joo look for her because he knew what she usual do  when she is sad but he found her at his appartement`s door waiting for him.

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

I don't want to make an assumption either but if it happened, OMG:love:

I don`t know if they will continue the scene in the next episode but we got the message right.

One thing is sure, it was another big step in Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s relationship. Mi Ri stop drinking alone and she look for Tae Joo for comfort. That is great.

I did not understood what they said but I think Mi Ri told In Sook what it was in her mind/ heart. I am glad that she did not accept to leave just because her biological mother wanted that.

From the preview, it seams that Chairman Han will find out about his son`s relationship with Mi Ri. I think at this point that In sook will tell him that to justify her action towards Mi Ri. She could say that she wanted to fire Mi Ri to separte them. Or she is telling him that Mi Ri is her daughter.

But what Sun ja tells mi Ri in the end of the preview? Sun Ja met In Sook and I think she convinced her that it is better for MiRi to leave company. I really hope I am wrong.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Kiara1110 said:

I love this tender moment between MRxTJ. Mi Ri has slowly but finally started to let him into her world, even without revealing any details of her burden. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 8

BTS Shooting scene

I saw Soyeon and Jong Hyun. They are filming at Han River Park near Hangang Bridge. 

20 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I love this tender moment between MRxTJ. Mi Ri has slowly but finally started to let him into her world, even without revealing any details of her burden. 

Yeah. There was a real emotional connection between them. I like how he did  not insist to tell him what saddens her. He was just there for her and she let him comfort her.

Welcome to Soompi and this thread! :P

• Like 6