[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I am not sure if Mi Ri will find out that In Sook instructed Director Park to accept her resignation but she could find out if Chairman Han will want her to know.  Of course the chairman finds out about this information and he will instruct his man to dig about the relationship between In Sook and Mi Ri. He will want to know In Sook`s reason to want to lose a good manager. It`s suspisious.  I am curious what he will do once he will find out. He will want to keep Mi ri close to use her against In Sook when he needs, he will make them compete? What he will do when he finds out that his son is in love with Kang Mi Ri? He gave Tae Joo an warning to not get involved with a woman in the company but he can`t stop his feelings. Han Jong-Soo will try to separate them?

I am curious to find out about all this but I can wait. I want Mi Ri and Tae Joo to be happy a little longer.

I was thinking about Mi ri`s adoption. I don`t know about adoption laws, but I think the first legal step for an adoption is the termination of the parental rights of a child's birthparents. How Sun Ja was able to do that without In Sook to be aware of the procedure? In Sook disappeared for a while and she could not be contacted? I know it is a drama and these are details but I was questioning the posibility. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watch LIVE.

I won`t say much because I want to watch with subtltes. I liked the scene with the Marketing team working outside office. Mi Ri and Mi Sun spent more time with Sun ja, who had an accident in the kitcken  and hurt her back.

I love that we have these little moments of mother daughters relationship. I want to know what In Sook said to Mi Ri (who was not happy at all) and with Chairman Han.

Woo Jin can cook. Great. I like how he prepared a meal for Mi Hye and himself. They went to Woo Jin`s father cottage outside Seoul. Jae Bum is a drama king.:lol: I like how he belongs in the family already. Mi ri "scolded" him and Mi sun "comforted" him. He is like their little brother. 

The episode ended with Mi Ri and Tae Joo cute moment in front of his apartament. The problem is that In Sook saw them. Let see how things will go from here. I can`t wait for tomorrow.

Spoiler

image_readtop_2019_310398_15575758203745

image_readtop_2019_310380_15575744703745

Preview for next episode, tomorrow

I suposed that Tae Joo was a little upset that she did not properly communicate with him all day and Mi Ri tried to reconcile him.

Resulted a cute funny scene. He pretend he was upset but what she does ?  :w00t: How Tae Joo can keep his face  straight when she is doing this? :w00t:

Thank you @larus for your welcome and reply.  I look forward to your updates of the drama.  
Regarding MS' FIL.  That's my point.  We like him now because we see him emphatise with MS.  But I get this feeling that his wife has been through more hardship than the show has let on.  When she recited the poem she wrote, it seems ironic and laughable but I think she wrote it from experience.  JS is the way he is because the mom did too much for him.  It is the same way MS is the way she is because SJ is always her life line.  

@lebeaucouple I don't think Miri is the kind who would take revenge.  If you remember the scene where she was advising Mi Hye, Miri is the sort who would run away.  That is why when her problems with IS arose, she wanted to study abroad.  It is her protective mechanism.

In Sook is by far the most mysterious one.  If revenge is not on her mind, what would possess a woman to leave behind her daughter?  She wanted to give her daughter a better life but what extenuating circumstance would justify her actions?  And with that thought, I want to wish every mother here, Happy Mother's Day!  

19 minutes ago, sheza said:

In Sook is by far the most mysterious one.  If revenge is not on her mind, what would possess a woman to leave behind her daughter?  She wanted to give her daughter a better life but what extenuating circumstance would justify her actions?  

If she had a good motive or it was because she wanted a better life for herself, she did abandon her daughter. It seams that she has feelings for her daughter but in the same time she has a goal, she wants to succed or to preserve her current status. I don`t know. But In Sook is an interesting character. I like that. 

12 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

all those kimchi! im shook!

They could have used a different way to show a domestic accident. But it was a box with Kimchi that she wanted to carry so it fit the scene. I don`t like that Sun ja got hurt but from the narrative flow I think the writer did a good job. This way, the mother and her daughters can be seen in more scenes together.

i watched the clips from IG.. haha i know i sounded so wrong but, i laughed out loud when i saw ME sweeping kimchi bits off SJ.. oops! :lol:

im a little (a teenie weenie bit!) turned off with how TJ pout so often being in a relationship.. it seems so much like puppy love and a little, too childish.

meanwhile i shall wait for eng subs.. im quite positive im going to fastforward those MH WJ JB scenes. pfft :unamused:

2 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

im a little (a teenie weenie bit!) turned off with how TJ pout so often being in a relationship.. it seems so much like puppy love and a little, too childish.

i think i understand what u mean.. i dont like it too, especially when she’s already apologising to him.. but maybe TJ acted that way becoz he wanted her to give more attention to him? 

32 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Now, Im waiting for an umbrella kiss...:wub:

You and I both... :P But I don`t think it is going to happen. Even if they will want to kiss, Park Tae Ri will ruin everything. :)

28 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

It is like puppy love sometime but I like it for the moment. I hope there is some serious romance later as well.

14 hours ago, larus said:

is like puppy love sometime but I like it for the moment. I hope there is some serious romance later as well.

I like it too. TJ can be serious and more mature in a few scenes. He is confident in his feelings for MR to be able to say it out without expecting her to return it. The pouty childish scenes seem to be made for the out of office time, in their apartment building and the way they were casually dressed. So both of them could be goofy and not seem out of place.

Doesn't MR find it curious how a junior staff could live in the same apartment as a general manager and maybe dig into his background a bit? 

unrelated to the plot but i hope they can tone down MR’s makeup a bit.. it seems heavy and makes her look more mature.. when MS came to her house in previous ep,  she looked so youthful and pretty coz she was not wearing as much makeup.. she’s already beautiful without makeup so i hope they can use softer colours on her sometimes.. 

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

There is a childishness to their relationship that is still endearing, though I do hope it goes beyond that to be something more and assured between them. There are a lot of episodes left to show that relationship progression.

Exactly. I also think that Tae Joo is the right man for her right now because he is "guiding" her gently about a relationship. He wanted to be included in her life, in her decisions. Mi Ri doesn`t share much about herself. She is not his boss outside work (just to make directives) so she has to learn how a relationship works. Relashionships requires time and effort. She can be more relaxed in front of him. I can`t imagine her barking like a cute puppy in front of someone serious. :lol: I am excited to watch how their relationship gets stronger and grows. 

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I`ve missed a few episodes. Have they actually discussed yet who MR's father was? 

Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense. I forget about the family register. To answer your question, they did not talked about this but Mi Sun called In Sook aunt. From the translations we`ll find out that Sun Ja and In sook are sisters in law. We still assume that In Sook was married with the younger brother of Sun ja`s husband.

4 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

unrelated to the plot but i hope they can tone down MR’s makeup a bit.. it seems heavy and makes her look more mature.. when MS came to her house in previous ep,  she looked so youthful and pretty coz she was not wearing as much makeup.

She already turn down the make up, not only in outside work scenes. She is using more warm colors on the lipstick.

Unrelated with the plot.... I notice in the teasers of drama WWW, that the actresses who plays carreer women in the drama has strong color on their make up as well. I think that they make up to fit the character.

Stills

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think the MIL probably has some valid points. During the FIL's working life, she would have been the one to maintain their home and raise their son. He probably was not very involved with family life at all. So, I can see how the MIL feels entitled to have a fun, relaxed life. However, her innate character seems to be about herself and how things might look to her friends, and she seems to have no appreciation for how others are faring. She does not strike me as someone who ever had a graceful, giving personality.

So, when MS' mother was taking care of DB, the MIL only scolded about DB not knowing her manners, not being brought over to pay her respects, etc. She actively tried to avoid taking care of her until her pride and circumstances forced herself to do so. The MIL didn't care about what SJ had to go through in order to take care of DB for all those years. It's only when she herself starts to take care of DB that she wants babysitting fees from MS.

And, listening to MS' upset tirade to her husband, part of MS and her husband's financial difficulties was in moving into a more expensive apartment in order to be close to their in-laws at the in-law's insistence, with the MIL's assurance that MS would be glad of it once they had a child, the implication being that they would help raise the child. However, once DB was born, the MIL never offered to help in any way, and MS had to go to her mother for help. Also, paying off the loan that they had to take out for their down payment to that apartment causes them to try to live in fiscal austerity, despite both of them working and making money.

Anyway, I can acknowledge the MIL's efforts in raising her own child and supporting her husband during his working years without actually liking her or her personality at all.

Thanks for filling me in about MS' MIL.  I have not watched those parts yet and didn't know the details.  I agree that she is rather self-centred.  She's definitely not the sacrificial giving type like SJ.  

I am looking forward to posts about tonight's episode.  More MR and TJ please!  They are a cute couple.  It does seem childish the way they behave with each other but it is implying their closeness to each other.

I am very busy but I still watched LIVE. I keep it short.

First. I don`t know why In Sook reacted so bad. I know that finding that Tae Joo and Mi ri have a relationship is ruining her plan keep her daughter a secret. But even if the truth is found, I don`t know why it is so tragedy for her.

I want to know what In Sook and Director Park`s conversation. He found out the truth and he have not talked with Chairman Han yet. If Chairman Han will know that Mi Ri is her daughter what? He already knows that she abandoned her daughter. I hope the writer won`t exagerate this. I don`t see a serious issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOk1X8xazSQ

The picnic scene was cute and funny. Park Tae Ri and Jo Min Hye are dating. Good for them. :) I have to apologize to Park Tae Ri. I thought he will stop the kiss between Mi ri and Tae Joo but he helped. :lol:  Mi Ri, just kiss your man!!!!!! What are you waiting for?

I don`t like what I am thinking about the preview. I hope Mi Ri won`t agree to leave the country. I wish she will fight that. I know that she won`t leave but  It is not a noble idiot thing anymore, it is just idiocy. When she will care for herself first?

21 minutes ago, larus said:

The picnic scene was cute and funny. Park Tae Ri and Jo Min Hye are dating. Good for them. :)

OMG, I was so surprised, Park Tae Ri is dating!  

I didn't expect this, but yeh good for them! :D

Archived